Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ImpAtom posted:

Jayce and Victor are gay?!
He made Viktor into robo-hitler. I don't know what he did to Jayce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Tired Moritz posted:

I was gonna recommend you change his va to japanese but it sounds hella annoying there too so sorry :(

Wait, can you change individual character voices with mods or whatever? I'd love to have French rammus so I can be terrified forever, but I don't want everyone to speak french

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Neurolimal posted:

They docked hextech cores

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Warwick is canon gay

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
I think Vi is the gayest character by far in LoL. Diana seems more asexual to me. Maybe the designers wanted her to be carpet muncher, but then it would just another item on a very long list of things that didn't work out as envisioned by designers in this game..

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe, I haven't heard much of Viktors dialogue, but it would explain why Jayce goes on about hammering and their feud.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Warwick is canon gay

Gangplank is cannon gay

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Warwick is canon gay

He's a werewolf. I know it's easy to get the two confused but you just have to check which one is covered in hair and tears people apart with claws. The other one is Warwick.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Sexpansion posted:

Gangplank is cannon gay

Any hole in a storm :clint:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Gangplank is farm gay, and every lanes an orchard

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Diana apparently had a crush on Leona in canon because of their whole sun/moon thing and there were a lot of discussions about whether they were canon gay or not and the Riot cop-out answer was basically "Well it's up to your interpretation" because they didn't want to commit on it and get all the publicity over it

Vi was just childhood friends w/ Ekko and she's best friends with Caitlyn and I think that's all the lore mentions about her? It's not even clear if she and Jinx are sisters or not. Just that both Jinx and Vi have sisters

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

RealFoxy posted:

Diana is the only character that's been even hinted at being gay wtf u people on

Pretty sure its implied Jinx, Cait and Vi have some weird love triangle going on.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Is this discussion actually happening?

Also I'm super poo poo at mid, I went 6/15 with ahri vs kat. It was so bad, there is someone probably complaining about me on reddit right now

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Pretty sure its implied Jinx, Cait and Vi have some weird love triangle going on.

They're all want to kiss each other

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i'm not ashamed to want to talk about fictional characters' love lives.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Tired Moritz posted:

i'm not ashamed to want to talk about fictional characters' love lives.

There's way worse poo poo we could be talking about.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They're all straight but still want to kiss each other. Kind of messed up but I guess they get pretty wild in piltover. I don't judge - hell, whatever floats your boat.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This is not a good response to the idea that someone like Brand is now one of the highest win % supports because he just builds a sight stone and presses buttons.

I think that more has to do with supp being the most autofilled role and the people playing against him don't really understand how risky it is for him to commit to harassing past the halfway point. Stand in your waves, force him to push if he wants to poke, cs near your turret and laugh as he goes 0/5 in a meta where everyone constantly ganks the botlane.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

feel the thunder

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

I think that more has to do with supp being the most autofilled role and the people playing against him don't really understand how risky it is for him to commit to harassing past the halfway point. Stand in your waves, force him to push if he wants to poke, cs near your turret and laugh as he goes 0/5 in a meta where everyone constantly ganks the botlane.

Alternately you're in top lane and your bot lane hands him a bunch of kills, and the rest of your team decides its always a good idea to bunch together in team fights in small areas.... :smithicide:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Alternately you're in top lane and your bot lane hands him a bunch of kills, and the rest of your team decides its always a good idea to bunch together in team fights in small areas.... :smithicide:

Well sure i guess but a lot of champions are op if people feed them. Checking op.gg brand's supp winrate in plat+ is hovering around 50% so i think he's p okay. My guess is he just stands out because when he is against people who don't know what they are doing he has a decent chance of snowballin.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This is not a good response to the idea that someone like Brand is now one of the highest win % supports because he just builds a sight stone and presses buttons.

I mean, they cant all be lee sin, the blind monk

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Well sure i guess but a lot of champions are op if people feed them. Checking op.gg brand's supp winrate in plat+ is hovering around 50% so i think he's p okay. My guess is he just stands out because when he is against people who don't know what they are doing he has a decent chance of snowballin.

He a bit higher on Champion.gg, and like second on their "best performing" (versus straight win rate.)

Though in full disclosure, I loving loathe brand anyway, so anything that makes people play him more....

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Brand is no worse than peak Annie support and will be nerfed if he's ever used as frequently. People keep losing to it because he's so uncommon that people treat him like a regular support and end up feeding him

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Firebert posted:

feel the thunder

*presses q*

To the guys!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I think they made Jayce and Viktor childhood friends and I guess the whole Zaun people are all like Viktor where they're part robot? I don't know what the story changes were exactly but most fans seem to be pretty upset or annoyed

But I agree Burch should go away forever, he sucks pretty intensely

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
There's been 5 champs released since I last played, is it weird that I haven't seen a single one of them in a game yet? Last for me was Jihn btw

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I think they made Jayce and Viktor childhood friends and I guess the whole Zaun people are all like Viktor where they're part robot? I don't know what the story changes were exactly but most fans seem to be pretty upset or annoyed

Because before Viktor was like a tragic hero, he created Blitzcrank because he wanted to instill freedom of will in robots. Now he's a mass murdered who decapitates people and takes their brains for science because

???????

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Servaetes posted:

They made a whole bunch of lore changes for like, no real reason other than some idiot at Riot creative thought it was cool.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

el dingo posted:

There's been 5 champs released since I last played, is it weird that I haven't seen a single one of them in a game yet? Last for me was Jihn btw

aurelion sol despite being strong was never hugely popular, taliyah was nerfed to uselessness, kled kind of sucks, and camille is almost permabanned because she's new/strong. Might be kind of weird to not see ivern but he's also a regular ban

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

henkman posted:

aurelion sol despite being strong was never hugely popular, taliyah was nerfed to uselessness, kled kind of sucks, and camille is almost permabanned because she's new/strong. Might be kind of weird to not see ivern but he's also a regular ban

A Sol is one of the more technically challenging characters to play too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Crown/Fly/Huhi are the only three people competitively to use Aurelion Sol well, so it's no surprise he's not used in solo queue either.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
He's also intensely boring to play.

Support Brand is cool, he deals % damage in a good aoe so hes pretty good no matter what happens, also dope stun

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

RealFoxy posted:

Because before Viktor was like a tragic hero, he created Blitzcrank because he wanted to instill freedom of will in robots. Now he's a mass murdered who decapitates people and takes their brains for science because

???????

That's pretty lame, I thought the whole motivation of becoming a robot so nobody could steal his cool idea of robots tragic villain was a little cliche but evil brain stealing robot man is a lot worse

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Argona posted:

Wait, can you change individual character voices with mods or whatever? I'd love to have French rammus so I can be terrified forever, but I don't want everyone to speak french

Yeah, with LVOC. Maybe put it in the OP so some people can change everything to Japanese if they want.

I used to like switching up all the time to make playing my favorite champs/least favorite champs everyone else played feel less repetitive, and to make my plays.tv clips a little more unique. Especially after trying out Overwatch and liking how international it was, I got into listening to "all 17 languages" youtube videos and eventually came up with a list of hits for more champs. Hopefully they are of some use.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Sol and Kled are both boring kits and Ivern does no damage at all so he's boring too but has so much utility that he is still useful

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Sol and Kled are both boring kits and Ivern does no damage at all so he's boring too but has so much utility that he is still useful

Opinion: disregarded

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
On the contrary Kled and Skarl are good, and they are my friends.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Alris posted:

On the contrary Kled and Skarl are good, and they are my friends.

They're sooooo funny

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kingcobweb posted:

Opinion: disregarded

The truth hurts but you know this to be true in your heart of hearts

FWIW he has good emote spam and so he gets a pass in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ivern is my favorite jungler to play but the combination of times when A) I get Jungle and B) He isn't banned are so rare that I never get enough time to really practice with him. :smith:

• Locked thread