Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

MacheteZombie posted:

So noob question. I just faced an Alola Muk who couldn't be hit by EQ in the Battle Tree (Colress's). The Muk used minimize twice, but the message was "Does not affect Muk".

What did I miss to cause him to be immune to EQ?

probably had an air balloon. would say "floats in the air" when it comes out or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Pokegoons, what is the best DS Pokemon game to get for a 6 year old?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

MacheteZombie posted:

So noob question. I just faced an Alola Muk who couldn't be hit by EQ in the Battle Tree (Colress's). The Muk used minimize twice, but the message was "Does not affect Muk".

What did I miss to cause him to be immune to EQ?

It's holding an Air Balloon.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

greatn posted:

How would an official release mean you wouldn't be playing blind?

Never underestimate how fast the community is to pump out in depth info, datamine, or just plain speedrun through everything in these games. That info slows to a trickle when most people are still under the assumption that the game's never coming out. :v:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks, that makes sense now. I should have just pulled up the catalog and checked the item. Thankfully I still won.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pokegoons, what is the best DS Pokemon game to get for a 6 year old?

HGSS is probably the most simplest and one of the more easier Pokemon games to get for a younger kid. Uh, maybe a Pokemon Ranger game is also a good pick, since they're also very simple, though the second one is the better one, as the first Ranger game isn't as good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Crosspeice posted:

HGSS is probably the most simplest and one of the more easier Pokemon games to get for a younger kid. Uh, maybe a Pokemon Ranger game is also a good pick, since they're also very simple, though the second one is the better one, as the first Ranger game isn't as good.

All the pokemon games are made for literal children so get him any one but I recommend Black/White over HGSS any gen 4 game because it's kind of a soft reboot and it's actually balanced to be played by humans without massive amounts of grinding/forcing you to stick with 3 and only 3 pokemon.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

All the pokemon games are made for literal children so get him any one but I recommend Black/White over HGSS any gen 4 game because it's kind of a soft reboot and it's actually balanced to be played by humans without massive amounts of grinding/forcing you to stick with 3 and only 3 pokemon.

It's actually for my niece :)

I'm thinking Pearl or White version right now, was going to try to pick one of those up and one of the Professor Layton games.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 22, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Get White. Pearl is kinda dumb.

also the box legendary is a huge dildo

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 22, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
be a good uncle/aunt and buy her a new 3ds and pokemon moon (the best version). I guess you can settle with pokemon white and let her beat up on Iris.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's actually for my niece :)

I'm thinking Pearl or White version right now, was going to try to pick one of those up and one of the Professor Layton games.

If you're thinking of getting her a Gen IV game please, please, please get her Platinum and not Pearl or Diamond. Platinum is strictly superior to either of the other two and there's no reason to play them over Plat.

Personally my vote goes to Black or White.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

less laughter posted:

The anime is dead to me now.

where eggs come from

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

If you're thinking of getting her a Gen IV game please, please, please get her Platinum and not Pearl or Diamond. Platinum is strictly superior to either of the other two and there's no reason to play them over Plat.

Personally my vote goes to Black or White.

Black or White probably makes the most sense, that's the Pokemon show she's seen the most episodes of.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Black or White probably makes the most sense, that's the Pokemon show she's seen the most episodes of.

It also has the best design for the female protag, and the best regional Dex, imo. Plus, to start you can only catch Unova Pokemon, so she might feel less overwhelmed.

Whatever game you choose, I hope she enjoys it. You are a good auntie/uncle. :3:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Seconding/thirding/whatevering the Black/White suggestions. DP are strictly worse than Platinum, and while I love the Sinnoh region I think Black/White would be better as first Pokemon game.

X/Y and a 2DS wouldn't be a bad idea either, if she's more concerned with playing with Pokemon that are prominently seen in advertisements/toys/etc.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Minrad posted:

Seconding/thirding/whatevering the Black/White suggestions. DP are strictly worse than Platinum, and while I love the Sinnoh region I think Black/White would be better as first Pokemon game.

X/Y and a 2DS wouldn't be a bad idea either, if she's more concerned with playing with Pokemon that are prominently seen in advertisements/toys/etc.

Might as well go with Sun/Moon and a 2DS

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Does this game have one of those endgame areas that has all the utilities I could want, like a daycare and an IV rater? I assumed the day care would be where it's at but all I'm seeing is a handful of BP vendors.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Silver Falcon posted:

It also has the best design for the female protag

This is true, Hilda is amazing. In a better universe, she is the main star of the franchise instead of Ash/Red.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Does this game have one of those endgame areas that has all the utilities I could want, like a daycare and an IV rater? I assumed the day care would be where it's at but all I'm seeing is a handful of BP vendors.

The IV rater is now a PC function. Talk to the Ace Trainer in front of the Battle Tree to unlock it (after hatching 20 eggs), and from then on you can toggle the 'Judge' button in the bottom right to view anyone's IV spreads.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Minrad posted:

Improbable Lobster posted:

Might as well go with Sun/Moon and a 2DS

I'm a good uncle but I'm not that good an uncle :v:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

duz posted:

You can trade your Mareanie babies for Castform and all the other version exclusive, rare and trade only pokemon. You may end up getting bored breeding her so know that sableye and castform work just as well for trading. I've just been cycling those three thru the list of UBs to get multiples because gotta do something.
Haha, should've known I can trade Mareanie babies for Castform. I just spent like 4 hours finding Castform using Pelipper's Drizzle in Lush Jungle. Wasted like an hour thinking I can capture Castform in Malie Garden during rain.

Right, I also have Sableye as well, time to make lots of Sableye and Castform babies

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

It also has the best design for the female protag, and the best regional Dex, imo. Plus, to start you can only catch Unova Pokemon, so she might feel less overwhelmed.

Whatever game you choose, I hope she enjoys it. You are a good auntie/uncle. :3:

Agreed. White is a great starter game for a kid!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Note Block posted:

I'll be around to trade all day today, just let me know :)

I'm back!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Kikas posted:

Does Sylveon extend the flesh-ribbon or does he actually use a paw?

Paw

Dammit, why have I never realized how cute so many of these critters are arrgh

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

TFRazorsaw posted:

Oh no.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'd have figured that Mohn would still be around at that time.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd have figured that Mohn would still be around at that time.

Who do you think is taking the photo?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Type: Null's helmet doubles as a Tripod.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/811855916924620800

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why is pelipper suddenly showing up so much? Is the only drizzler in alola, or did he get buffed somehow?

I was just thinking about breeding one, but I don't have Sun/Moon yet so I wanna make sure I wouldn't be wasting my time.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Odd request: Can someone playing in a different language than English breed one of these moon ball Rockruffs and send the foreign child back?
I can only offer friend ball Rockruffs as payment.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I wouldn't expect anything other than the Rocky Helmet glitch and probably some other dual KO lose conditions being fixed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Oh no.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo

A good family. :)

gently caress that Cleffa though, it's going to turn into a monster.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

Why is pelipper suddenly showing up so much? Is the only drizzler in alola, or did he get buffed somehow?

I was just thinking about breeding one, but I don't have Sun/Moon yet so I wanna make sure I wouldn't be wasting my time.

It does get Drizzle, but it has a lot more going for it that makes it more appealing than Politoed. It has Roost for recovery, and slow U-turns which can be good for momentum. It also got 10 point boost to its Special Attack this gen.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

But if I breed a pelipper in XY, it'll still get the 10 point boost when i move it up a generation in january, right? I would assume it works that way if my awesome gengar loses levitate. I just don't wanna have to do this twice.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SyntheticPolygon posted:

gently caress that Cleffa though, it's going to turn into a monster.

Eh, it died from one single poison attack from my Salazzle

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

But if I breed a pelipper in XY, it'll still get the 10 point boost when i move it up a generation in january, right? I would assume it works that way if my awesome gengar loses levitate. I just don't wanna have to do this twice.

Yeah, any changes made to a Pokemon in the current gen get applied to imported mons from a previous one.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

I wouldn't expect anything other than the Rocky Helmet glitch and probably some other dual KO lose conditions being fixed.

What's the Rocky Helmet glitch? Also weren't there a few moves that were glitched as well, what was wrong with them?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

That's how it works. Its stats will be recalculated.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

less laughter posted:

Eh, it died from one single poison attack from my Salazzle

I didn't bring my Salazzle for that fight so it set up a billion cosmic power's and I couldn't do poo poo to it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is that TM that's like an electric special attack U turn any good? I put it on my Raichu, it seems like a good move