Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Paging Dangan Ropa teddy bear av with his retro platformer recommendations to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Palpek posted:

Big thanks to Xander77 for Blue Estate!
On that note:

As is traditional, I'm handing out gifts on my birthday. Add me, and write the game up in the thread / ride the gift train in return.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77/

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 22, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't really want to buy expensive games because they may pop up in humble monthly so I'm only going for the really cheap stuff. I'm definitely getting pixeljunk shooter ultimate for $2 (a remaster of both games in 1), sandmason, possibly shardlight by wadjet eye at $4.50. maybe legend of kay anniversary. some other adventure games that are really cheap.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone tell me if Tower Unite is actually cool and fun for 12 bucks or if it's dumb and a waste? I could go either way.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Axel Serenity posted:

Yeah, the discounts are definitely not as deep as the ones that made Steam Sales, well, Steam Sales. Even old games and remakes like Ikaruga, Grandia II, and the FFs are not really "cheap" by Steam Sale standards. It's harder to justify dropping the kind of money I used to when I get less out of it.

they have dark souls 1 priced at $11 lol

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Awesome! posted:

they have dark souls 1 priced at $11 lol

Currently about $5 on G2A.

Stop buying poo poo in Steam sales and maybe they will drop their prices to a decent level.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

spudsbuckley posted:

thats the price it used to be in steam sales

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

Weehhhhh everything I want is still $30 lol

I was hoping GTA V was gonna notch down another $10 this time around. Is GTA Online still a heinous wasteland of hackers?

You can get a Rockstar Club GTA5 key on gamebillet for 20€ with the code Wintersale, not for Steam though.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

thats the price it used to be in steam sales

Yeah but those are the prices you can get with key sellers any time you want.

Makes Steam sales a bit worthless honestly.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Any thoughts on the new Hitman game series?
I loved all of them except for Absolution.

The newest one is basically Blood Money 2 in all the best ways.

spudsbuckley posted:

G2A are criminals, though. May as well cut the middle man and buy from the Russian mob.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Is Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma worth getting at $26.79 (33% off)? I've read the 999 LP and played through VLR, and enjoyed them both.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Anybody here ever played Darkwood? It's been on my wishlist ever since it was greenlit ages ago, but it's still on Early Access and I haven't seen any impressions about it.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 22, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

spudsbuckley posted:

how much is it with the KEY INSURANCE

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

Is Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma worth getting at $26.79 (33% off)? I've read the 999 LP and played through VLR, and enjoyed them both.

Just watch SGF stumble through it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9RdB5xIAEo
He was not really impressed

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Phelddagrif posted:

Not really? Uchikoshi didn't stick the landing which was really disappointing.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Phelddagrif posted:

I loved it even though it's got some issues. This is not a huge discount though and I'm sure it would get cheaper pretty soon, within a few more months (maybe when they release the 999 and VLR remasters on PC and consoles).

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

havenwaters posted:

Not really? Uchikoshi didn't stick the landing which was really disappointing.

Sometimes...life is unfair.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

civ beyond earth is still not worth playing with the expansion right?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is Knock-knock worth it?

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 22, 2016

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Xander77 posted:

On that note:

As is traditional, I'm handing out gifts on my birthday. Add me, and write the game up in the thread / ride the gift train in return.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77/

Thank you for the copy of Brothers - A tale of two sons!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

sauer kraut posted:

To be fair, he didn't seem to enjoy VLR either, from watching his playthrough of that game.

Zat posted:

I loved it even though it's got some issues. This is not a huge discount though and I'm sure it would get cheaper pretty soon, within a few more months (maybe when they release the 999 and VLR remasters on PC and consoles).

Thanks, I'll hold off for now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So pretty much everything that's on sale right now is as on sale as it's going to get, right? The Steam Sale doesn't change prices over the course of the duration like it used to, does it?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

remember that you also get cards from exploring your discovery queue and at least this time it doesnt seem to connection time-out as much as last year

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

I liked it more than 999 but not as much as VLR. I think it's slightly shorter due to the cinematic cutscenes?

Of course if you played VLR and aren't automatically willing to pay full price for a sequel then I don't know what to tell you.

sauer kraut posted:

I liked SGF's Witness videos, but his VLR and ZTD series are terrible; don't watch them.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It's also worth noting that ZTD is quite dark and gory compared to the previous games, it's by far the most Saw-esque entry in the series. Whether that's a positive or a negative depends on who you ask I suppose.

Phylodox posted:

So pretty much everything that's on sale right now is as on sale as it's going to get, right? The Steam Sale doesn't change prices over the course of the duration like it used to, does it?

What you see now is what you'll get.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 22, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

Someone is trying to murder Jesus.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/509220/

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think ZTD was great, and I was overall happy with the way the series tied itself up. But if you aren't dying to see how the story goes right now, you can probably hold off and wait for a deeper discount.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Awesome! posted:

civ beyond earth is still not worth playing with the expansion right?

No, it's not. The game just never came together.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
I haven't done any badge hunting in a few years. What are these cards I'm getting? Is there a badge for this sale?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Sometimes a few things are added and removed but you can't really predict it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Modus Pwnens posted:

Sometimes a few things are added and removed but you can't really predict it.

Usually I don't shell out more than $20 for a game on Steam, but I'm thinking $26 is pretty good for DOOM, since everyone lost their poo poo over it when it came out. $35 for Rise of the Tomb Raider seems a bit steep, though, even though I really liked the previous one.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Buy the best game ever for $10 http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500/

https://my.mixtape.moe/wyewmo.mp4

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

What are these cards I'm getting?

About 10 cents each is what they are.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

spudsbuckley posted:

About 10 cents each is what they are.

:buddy::hf::buddy: Got a foil one too, so that's 30 cents.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

10 pounds, but okay! Is blood bowl 2 worth it at 9 quid as well?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Oh god, sale on Steam, sale in Uplay, sale on Origin, sale on GMG ...

and all with varying prices... this is more stressful than back when there were flash deals...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ilmucche posted:

10 pounds, but okay! Is blood bowl 2 worth it at 9 quid as well?

No. Stay far away from Blood Bowl 2. It's more DLC platform than proper game.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Someone mentioned 5$ for DA: Inquisition? Not seeing it anywhere.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Someone tell me what on my wishlist is worth owning, since I just spent $40 to buy out the bottom half/all the $3.99 & under games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Someone tell me what on my wishlist is worth owning, since I just spent $40 to buy out the bottom half/all the $3.99 & under games

Inside and Thumper.

• Locked thread