Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Played Giant's Shadow for the first time last night in Conquest. It feels like it's in this weird space where each individual point is really well designed and interesting to fight over, but between the points there's just nothing. I had fun with it though. It didn't seem like as much of a snipefest as people were complaining about, but my squad spent most of the time backcapping A/B so there was a lot of cover.

I agree, this map is a series of three vignettes separated by swathes of rollling hills. An interesting theory, but gently caress you if you get stuck in no man's land!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I agree, this map is a series of three vignettes separated by swathes of rollling hills. An interesting theory, but gently caress you if you get stuck in no man's land!

Yup, agreed. If you can't spawn on a squad that's backcapping, or in the middle, it's loving boring.

Also back caps seem to happen more than usual because nobody wants to go back through no man's land and defend that back point.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
They should add unsaddled/kitted horses as a period-appropriate way to rapid transit. Not that like... a farmer's herd wouldn't have fuckin skedaddled when a dirigible crashed into their paddock, but look the code is pretty much already written. WORK WITH ME MAYBE THIS FARMER HAD A BUNCH OF JETPACKS IN HIS BASEMENT

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just fix the motorcycles, give us two more jeeps per map.

But they won't.

Because :dice: doesn't even play their own games.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
wait hang on, dirigible... jetpack... Jennifer Connelly's tits...

I got you, :dice:

god I'm loving old this poo poo was in theaters OVER TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Yeah we just need more vehicles period. Last nights PS4 convoy was great. My favorite part was me & journalism swapping vehicles back and forth so i could repair his stolen tank.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Buddy, sometimes you just gotta admit you missed that motorcycle kill and move on.

http://i.imgur.com/TH5hs9o.gifv

EDIT: Drive-by

http://i.imgur.com/bNmXJfJ.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 22, 2016

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
holy poo poo (btw can you tell work is slow today yay holidays) is wookytheyear a goon? Because how do you get so close but so far from an outstanding screen name??

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

WookThisWay is my favorite battlefield username I've seen

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

holy poo poo (btw can you tell work is slow today yay holidays) is wookytheyear a goon? Because how do you get so close but so far from an outstanding screen name??
He's a friend of mine but not a goon. I'm actually not sure if he picked it himself because he shares the xbox and account with a couple roommates.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ the only other way I can parse it is "Woo KY The Year", are they wildcats fans or something? (gently caress John Calipari)

Yesss I found out the other day that you can fire the rocket gun from a sidecar, all of a sudden I'm like a very fragile tank hunter!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm finishing some laundry but I'll be on for Bf1 for a few hours. Come play with me! Poop, come after work you got it?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

I'm finishing some laundry but I'll be on for Bf1 for a few hours. Come play with me! Poop, come after work you got it?

Will do my best if I can get work squared away, I'm goin to the THEATAH tonight though so I will have to bail early.

E: rocketsniping

Double edit: whole video has fun highlights of Ineffable enabling my destructive lifestyle. TANK SPOTTED. Also skip to 4:40 to start The Stabbing Spree :china:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUsW01Vv4tY&t=43s

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 22, 2016

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

pictured: mellowjournalism last night piloting a super-secret British faction triplane

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Bone Krew, I'm logging off from work (read: forums) in one hour. I will be on Xbox.

It is my birthday.

Come play.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

pictured: mellowjournalism last night piloting a super-secret British faction triplane

I don't know if you're joking, but Sopwith built triplanes before they built the famous camel.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

WookThisWay is my favorite battlefield username I've seen

There were a ton of good ones last night, though my obvious favorite was BUTTJUSTICE

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lawnie posted:

There were a ton of good ones last night, though my obvious favorite was BUTTJUSTICE

lol I should pair up with him some time.

By contrast I've never seen my personal favorite, in a horribly-offensive slur type of way, PSN name again: I played a round of BF3 with JIGABOO_BLASTER## where I don't remember the number but hope it was 69 (or 88 to really drive home the hatred).

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Beastie posted:

Bone Krew, I'm logging off from work (read: forums) in one hour. I will be on Xbox.

It is my birthday.

Come play.

I don't know your GT, I am gonna be grinding out the Operations medal for a bit and then should be around until the late afternoon. GT: Legeidus

I have to figure out a way to party chat and listen to earbuds because my TV sound is not good for the battlefields.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

It is my birthday.

Come play.

Happy b day beast mode
Let's celebrate with some darts... after I get home on the 29th

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah just add me: Ineffiablefx

We get games going almost every night. I'm free almost all day until I pick up family at airport in the late evening. If you join on me, chances are you'll see two or three other goons too, like desert pickles, winter mute, king drugga, Mellow journalism, gamer babe, red 19, backup snacks and my favorite: poopshow

You can just add goons as you meet them. We usually join each other if we see each other online.

Cool. My psn name is Underwhelmed. I think I might have you on my list already but maybe not. I haven't played battlefield since the early days of 4, but I am still pretty good at throwing supplies, healing, and catching bullets with my face.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Snak posted:

I don't know if you're joking, but Sopwith built triplanes before they built the famous camel.

I'm not joking; he found an abandoned Fokker and hopped in, and the roundels changed to British automatically. Someone on the German side must have landed it and subsequently abandoned it for some reason.

We need a custom Charlie Chaplain mode:
http://i.imgur.com/lbSCfX2.gif

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I'm not joking; he found an abandoned Fokker and hopped in, and the roundels changed to British automatically. Someone on the German side must have landed it and subsequently abandoned it for some reason.

We need a custom Charlie Chaplain mode:
http://i.imgur.com/lbSCfX2.gif

That's awesome. I just couldn't tell if you were implying that the British didn't historically have triplanes. Obviously they didnt fly fokkers.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Snak posted:

That's awesome. I just couldn't tell if you were implying that the British didn't historically have triplanes. Obviously they didnt fly fokkers.

Yeah I definitely knew about Sopwith triplanes and in fact that's what I google searched to find that image. I've been a huge WWI aviatian fan since I was a little kid. In fact my senior "thesis" (english major at a private liberal arts school lol) was writing a script for a theoretical Band of Brothers-esque mini-series based off Jagdgeschwader 1.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah I definitely knew about Sopwith triplanes and in fact that's what I google searched to find that image. I've been a huge WWI aviatian fan since I was a little kid. In fact my senior "thesis" (english major at a private liberal arts school lol) was writing a script for a theoretical Band of Brothers-esque mini-series based off Jagdgeschwader 1.

That's cool. Almost all of my WW1 aviation knowledge comes from reading W. E. Johns's "Biggles books" as a child.

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
Blind delivery war pigeons was pretty fun last night - is it wrong that I want more?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

It is my birthday.

Come play.

Gotta be honest, I think I figured out my biggest problem with this game. Its not fun with parties of 3 or more, unless you're friends with a ton of people who don't care about vehicles.

The few games I've joined with yall was just us sitting in menus waiting for one of us to die in a tank, which happens infrequently amongst us. That and the tank instant respawn system is loving retarded.

Went 45-2 as Cavalry the other night. The secret is to don't focus on one guy. If you miss the kill, you should just keep galloping.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 23, 2016

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
That's dumb, bonekrew get your poo poo together. Embrace jihad.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Gotta be honest, I think I figured out my biggest problem with this game. Its not fun with parties of 3 or more, unless you're friends with a ton of people who don't care about vehicles.

Uh, hi?

I have more medic syringe kills than kills in vehicles.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

The few games I've joined with yall was just us sitting in menus waiting for one of us to die in a tank, which happens infrequently amongst us. That and the tank instant respawn system is loving retarded.

Went 45-2 as Cavalry the other night. The secret is to don't focus on one guy. If you miss the kill, you should just keep galloping.

this is all because there is no stupid loving stats site to obsess over

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I do not care about vehicles at all and actively try not to spawn in one if I can help it.

I like them being part of the game, supporting them, and shooting them, but I don't care about driving them or being in them. I like rocking my machinegun and throwing ammo pouches at every single person I can and pounding enemy campsites with mortars.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I care a lot about vehicles! I've got 123 kills with anti tank mines. It's my 5th best weapon.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

It is my birthday.

Come play.

Sorry that I couldn't join you for such a special shootmans occasion, but I was on my way to the airport to spend xmas with my fiancé.

Which means I will also miss out on all the xmas break murdering of new comers (and historically accurate break to play FIFA amongst the killing).

:(

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Played a few nights ago. Had people saying friend of the family constantly in chat for two games. Join a third and say "At least nobody is dropping N-bombs in here." First reply is "What are you, some kind of SJW?"
First game tonight in chat first thing I see is "Who else here hates niggers" followed my a slew of people saying me me me.

I usually don't complain about toxic communities but holy christ.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Finger Prince posted:

I care a lot about vehicles! I've got 123 kills with anti tank mines. It's my 5th best weapon.

Yeah, I like hitting them with stuff that makes them go boom. I just don't care about riding in them. They are deathtraps and I almost never get kills because it's hard to land enough hits on a guy running while the tank is driving over rough terrain (there is no non-rough terrain).

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Tracula posted:

Played a few nights ago. Had people saying friend of the family constantly in chat for two games. Join a third and say "At least nobody is dropping N-bombs in here." First reply is "What are you, some kind of SJW?"
First game tonight in chat first thing I see is "Who else here hates niggers" followed my a slew of people saying me me me.

At least they were communicating in chat :negative:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tracula posted:

Unrelated to this game but a couple buddies and I were playing Rocket League the other night and somehow, typing through the system keyboard with controllers, we managed to piss some random kid off so badly that he brute-forced my friend's admittedly simple password and tried to gently caress with his PSN account. It wasn't like he could access any sensitive data but jesus someone got so mad just... reading incoherent simple phrases like "fuk u" and "ur mom" over a chat box in a game about If Sports Were With Cars?? that he went and tried to gently caress with someone's account.

People are loving monsters.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Fyi people can supremely gently caress you over just by getting into your psn account and activating their console as the primary, it happened to me and it can completely lock you out of all your downloaded games and it can take sony anything up to six months to fix it. :stare:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Biplane posted:

Fyi people can supremely gently caress you over just by getting into your psn account and activating their console as the primary, it happened to me and it can completely lock you out of all your downloaded games and it can take sony anything up to six months to fix it. :stare:

Yeah, seconding this. Absolutely disconnect any actual payment info you have on your PSN account after you do anything. Never save a single thing to it no matter what. Though this goes for XBL or anything in life really.

Tracula fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Tracula posted:

Yeah, seconding this. Absolutely disconnect any actual payment info you have on your PSN account after you do anything. Never save a single thing to it no matter what. Though this goes for XBL or anything in life really.

Like the title of the PS thread said (or says? I don't know): just enable 2 factor authentication already.