Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Stags are cool, flavorful, and look amazing when animated, that is not a good example of a change for the worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The welf mini-campaign is such a love-fest with all the +diplomacy techs researched. Orion is Brettonia's cool older brother.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Deified Data posted:

The welf mini-campaign is such a love-fest with all the +diplomacy techs researched. Orion is Brettonia's cool older brother.

Full teched up Elves are complete Bullshit in every aspect. By the end of the game, they go complete Special Snowflake Who Are The Best At Everything and Loved By All

SickZip fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 22, 2016

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Wait till we get high elves. They've got the best everything.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Carcer posted:

They're close, it's the Lizardmen who have the best everything.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Its true, they're even are getting undermined and invaded by the other best race, Skaven!

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Gejnor posted:

Almost sounds like a bug, but it could be intentional i guess.

I had noticed this as well in my Greenskins campaign after confederating Wurrzag. If it's intentional, I have no idea why and it's kinda sucky.

Also, thanks for the Wurrzag Prophet fix, I thought your Greenskin mod maybe conflicted with it and messed it up or something.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
What is it about Warhammer that brings out the worst of opinions?

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Carcer posted:

I do like the event that allows you to snub the Ulthuan trade delegation to Loren. Makes total sense since trade with outsiders is rare in my games (I don't build the office buildings, really).

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Every race is the best race

except dwarfs

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Vlex posted:

I do like the event that allows you to snub the Ulthuan trade delegation to Loren. Makes total sense since trade with outsiders is rare in my games (I don't build the office buildings, really).

IIRC, that was the canon response to that event, it happened in the lore.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Total warhammer is 25% off thanks to the steam winter sale!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SickZip posted:

Full teched up Elves are complete Bullshit in every aspect. By the end of the game, they go complete Special Snowflake Who Are The Best At Everything and Loved By All

Upping the amber costs of a lot of those techs would go a long way towards balancing that but I doubt CA will do it. Not that I care, I play singleplayer to curbstomp the map.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Exmond posted:

Fb post announcing it is chock full of whiny babies complaining about the DLC prices. Do none of these people have jobs?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Exmond posted:

There have definitely been games in the past where I've bought them full price and regretted it when I've seen how big the Christmas discount was, but the small drop here makes me pretty happy with my decision to pre-order.

Corrode posted:

Fb post announcing it is chock full of whiny babies complaining about the DLC prices. Do none of these people have jobs?

People who have jobs don't have time to play all the DLC.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Corrode posted:

Gamers are entitled, useless, whiny fucks.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Corrode posted:

You should see the comments in steam. I can only assume many are butthurt 13 year olds upset that their Xmas money is only getting them so far. Theres a lot of hate for DLCs in general and they think with a straight face all this content should be in the base game for 50bux.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Sinteres posted:

There have definitely been games in the past where I've bought them full price and regretted it when I've seen how big the Christmas discount was, but the small drop here makes me pretty happy with my decision to pre-order.

People who have jobs don't have time to play all the DLC.

If you bought it off of steam, you can refund it if the sales price goes down and get the difference! Thanks UK laws!

Xae posted:

Gamers are entitled, useless, whiny fucks.

Im not the most progressive person but man, I hate this argument. People are in different economical situations and may not be able to afford DLC, or maybe they are one of the older crowd that thinks DLC is "the end". Could we not start the whole "Entitled" gimmick?

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
I'm selective with DLC, but I consider most of this game's to be worth the cost. I haven't bought the beastmen yet but I didn't feel bad about ~ 20 for the wood elves. I've got hundreds of hours in this game already and I can't for the life of me understand the mindset that this style of DLC is bad, even not having the beastmen my game was still imo enhanced with their release. I mean gently caress that DLC is less than two drinks at a good bar or one night at the movies.

I'm also probably biased because I work for a game developer, but I don't mind paying for additional content especially since it often means more non DLC related bugfixes post launch.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Exmond posted:

Im not the most progressive person but man, I hate this argument. People are in different economical situations and may not be able to afford DLC, or maybe they are one of the older crowd that thinks DLC is "the end". Could we not start the whole "Entitled" gimmick?
Nah. The proper response to not being able to afford DLC isn't to be a whiny dick about it on the company's Facebook posts.

I guess I'm in the minority regarding stags. I just thought stag cav taxed my Suspension of Disbelief a bit much

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Rygar201 posted:

I guess I'm in the minority regarding stags. I just thought stag cav taxed my Suspension of Disbelief a bit much

This is a game in which daemonic dickmonsters belch screaming balls of lost souls at green football hooligans, but tree huggers riding woodland creatures is what broke the illusion for you?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Elf and beastmen DLCs were totally worth it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
chaos chariots being pulled by gorillas, ok sure, but elves riding deer into battle is just too much. this game is so unrealistic.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Shame Moose are seen as so goofy. They'd be a pretty loving badass mount in terms of rear end-kicking.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
an ultra lazy dwarf is carried into battle on top of a giant slab carried by 4 other dwarfs which also holds up a giant book containing written record of all the times the dwarfs got pissy

forever

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Deified Data posted:

Upping the amber costs of a lot of those techs would go a long way towards balancing that but I doubt CA will do it. Not that I care, I play singleplayer to curbstomp the map.

Amber costs are just part of the re balancing that needs to be done, currently some techs are just too powerful to be available at any price except one you can't pay. The growth and empire diplomacy tech for instance. It completely invalidates the point of any other source of growth and makes you friends with an entire set of factions with almost no work.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
And yet I still can't get any of them into an alliance.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Every so often I try and start up a Warriors of Chaos campaign. Then I play about 30 turns in in an exciting round of having enemies run from me 90% of the time while I literally can do nothing about it due to this stupid faction not having ambush stance, ask myself "why am I not playing Beastmen", and quit and start a beastmen campaign and actually have fun instead.

It doesn't really help that WoC armies end up being a gigantic brick of slow, nearly identical black armored infantry with some light auxiliaries to taste. It's like playing dwarfs except without the minor excitement of having things that shoot.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
how do you guys play as dwarf vs an army running circles around you on mounts/ranged mounts?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

SickZip posted:

Amber costs are just part of the re balancing that needs to be done, currently some techs are just too powerful to be available at any price except one you can't pay. The growth and empire diplomacy tech for instance. It completely invalidates the point of any other source of growth and makes you friends with an entire set of factions with almost no work.

The biggest problem is that WElves are OP as gently caress and Amber isn't a limit because you can just murder multi stack armies with T1 units.
You don't need to make difficult choices with Amber because you don't need the units that require Amber and you can always just print a new stack of Eternal/Glade Guards and conquer another faction.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

how do you guys play as dwarf vs an army running circles around you on mounts/ranged mounts?

Focus Quarreler fire on mounted. Bring lots of Grudge Throwers for what I assume are Wood Elves.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

an ultra lazy dwarf is carried into battle on top of a giant slab carried by 4 other dwarfs which also holds up a giant book containing written record of all the times the dwarfs got pissy

forever

You say this like it isn't supposed to convince people dorfs are incredible.

The Chair-Man is the exact kind of stupid that boomerangs back around into amazing.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
He's not lazy, the book is just too big to carry on his own.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Agrajag posted:

Bring more quarrelers.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Xae posted:

The biggest problem is that WElves are OP as gently caress and Amber isn't a limit because you can just murder multi stack armies with T1 units.
You don't need to make difficult choices with Amber because you don't need the units that require Amber and you can always just print a new stack of Eternal/Glade Guards and conquer another faction.

The unit amber reqs are stupid and worthless because they don't actually prevent you from building doomstacks in any way but you're never going to spend amber on a lovely unit of hawk riders or whatever when you could spend it on brokenly overpowered techs or town upgrades. I feel that the unit amber costs should just be removed altogether and the tech/building costs revised upwards.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How do woodelves hold up in multiplayer or is a large part of the "OP" being the techs and stacking bonuses the player can get up to?

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How do woodelves hold up in multiplayer or is a large part of the "OP" being the techs and stacking bonuses the player can get up to?

They're pretty good, especially if your opponent doesn't know what you're up to but they kind of get crapped on by people that can take tough, low cost infantry that just outlast them all.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Warhammer is all about embracing stupidity and turning it into awesome things. Can't wait to get dinnosaurs ridden by smaller dinnosaurs.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kanos posted:

The unit amber reqs are stupid and worthless because they don't actually prevent you from building doomstacks in any way but you're never going to spend amber on a lovely unit of hawk riders or whatever when you could spend it on brokenly overpowered techs or town upgrades. I feel that the unit amber costs should just be removed altogether and the tech/building costs revised upwards.

Yeah amber costs for units just meant I ignored those units altogether. Who needs hawk riders or whatever when an army of EG/GG and Wild Riders will eat anything in the game alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

There's a mod that removes amber costs for everything but top-tier units and I suggest anyone who cares about army diversity download it, because you're right, poo poo like hawks aren't worth the expense otherwise. Without the amber cost, I found them quite fun to use.

• Locked thread