Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Square should build a loot game with this battle system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

LawfulWaffle posted:

I really want this soundtrack but I own Apple devices, not Google. If I buy it through Google Music will I have an easy way of extracting the MP3s and putting them where I want or will it always be tied to the Google music service?

You can just download the mp3s on their site and put them on your device / upload them. It's what I did.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
What's this I hear about AP boosting accessories, now?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The turtle battle is like the most anticlimatic effort to payoff ratio in videogame history along the likes of Desert Bus.

What a terrible unfun fight and the gamesystem literally breaks on it and I'm stuck plinking away at his foot to even damage him. For ninety minutes.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Oxxidation posted:

What's this I hear about AP boosting accessories, now?

Holiday pack

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCU1bVzYAnQ

AP booster accessories give you AP bonuses for A+ ranks in one combat degree category per ring, a must-wear for my guys in the Lv1 playthrough.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Google also has a 1/2 off one album promo if you scroll around the music section of their app, bringing it down to $3.50

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MrLonghair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCU1bVzYAnQ

AP booster accessories give you AP bonuses for A+ ranks in one combat degree category per ring, a must-wear for my guys in the Lv1 playthrough.

how much AP?
also lmao

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Google Play is showing me the FFXV soundtrack as $28 though? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

melodicwaffle posted:

Google Play is showing me the FFXV soundtrack as $28 though? Am I looking in the wrong place?
wow, sure enough the price just jumped to $28...

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Man I'm glad I jumped on it yesterday, holy poo poo.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

Holiday pack

How do you get this, I have the season pass.

Also how much ap do you get from them?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Full Circle posted:

wow, sure enough the price just jumped to $28...

Curses. He who hesitates is lost indeed

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

With the damage and time thingies equipped and getting A+ in both I get 3 extra ap per battle.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is chapter 13 a good point for doing side-quests or should I wait until post-game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

Is chapter 13 a good point for doing side-quests or should I wait until post-game?

Wait until post-game. Some stuff is only locked then and by the time you can do sidequests in Chapter 13 you're like an hour away from the end of the game anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Boogalo posted:

With the damage and time thingies equipped and getting A+ in both I get 3 extra ap per battle.

That's 2 accessory slots though, and it doesn't work with the AP grinding method because you only get the bonus AP when the battle results screen comes up. I guess they're good when you're doing low level quests and you don't need your accessory slots.

Overall the holiday items are pretty bad. For example the one that protects your party from magic friendly fire doesn't protect from the DoT left on the ground, which is the most important part. The ones that increase Tech bar gain but freeze Armiger and vice versa could be good for some boss battles I guess.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 22, 2016

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Well, this game's ending just showed me that I'm just a big babby

I was doing fine until the campfire scene dammit

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lvl 48 and now focusing on hunts. Chapter 3 will never end!

Is there a good list of all the hunts? I want to start tracking these outside the game because gently caress driving to each diner to see if new hunts popped up.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lvl 48 and now focusing on hunts. Chapter 3 will never end!

Is there a good list of all the hunts? I want to start tracking these outside the game because gently caress driving to each diner to see if new hunts popped up.

Probably somewhere but there's like infinity of them just fyi

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ImpAtom posted:

Wait until post-game. Some stuff is only locked then and by the time you can do sidequests in Chapter 13 you're like an hour away from the end of the game anyway.

Alright, thanks. I did just that. I'll keep a save handy in case S-E do some drastic changes to chapter 13.

ROFL Octopus posted:

Well, this game's ending just showed me that I'm just a big babby

I was doing fine until the campfire scene dammit

No crying on this end but that scene was really well made. There are some really good cutscenes in this game and it's a shame there is so little build-up and character development for anyone who isn't Noctis.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 22, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Hizawk posted:

The turtle battle is like the most anticlimatic effort to payoff ratio in videogame history along the likes of Desert Bus.

What a terrible unfun fight and the gamesystem literally breaks on it and I'm stuck plinking away at his foot to even damage him. For ninety minutes.

This is probably crazy but you could just

Turn off the system and go do something fun that you enjoy more

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Sunken Cost Fallacy is a pretty hefty thing.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sunken Cost Fallacy is a pretty hefty thing.

Motherfucking Pitioss!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

This is why I buy video games. To not play them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bring back FF12 combat system where I could just set up the AI to fight the fights for me. Or was that 13? Either way that poo poo owned.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dfwlly/status/810339285413007360

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Motherfucking Pitioss!

After spending like 8 hours and consuming much alcohol and beating Pitioss, I honestly can't get mad at it other than that one devil statue section.

It isn't even really sunk cost, like they put together a really intricately mapped out puzzle platforming dungeon, and that is rare.

While I'd like the controls to be a bit better, it's honestly like comparing Castlevania to Mario. Noct jumps a pretty set distance and you can't aerial correct like in Castlevania, so the challenge is more on lining up the jump, figuring out how to roll if it's long enough and then immediately releasing the control stick so he stays in place when he lands.

They also manage to hit the Super Meat Boy segment length replay threshold where if you die you might lose a minute, two tops worth of progress, so you aren't forced to repeat 5 minute chunks where it's easier for frustration to set in.

The setpieces are good and each room has a pretty consistent central puzzle which are varied. Plus giant spiked skull death wall :rock:

The only thing that pissed me off was a in the devil room because the grates have some clipping issues and there's one jump that was about 50-50 on whether the game thought I landed vs missed, even if they looked almost the identical in arcs.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Not sure how are they going to patch chapter 13? It's just long as gently caress?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hizawk posted:

Yeah it's an hour and a half of tedium where you're in no danger whatsoever.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Ugato posted:

This is why I buy video games. To not play them.

"I did this thing for 90 minutes even though nobody made me boy did it ever suck!"

Someone tell me how to get my own picture in the game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Not sure how are they going to patch chapter 13? It's just long as gently caress?

They said they were going to buff the Ring which... I don't really think would help much to be honest, the ring's strength isn't the issue.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of pictures, what exactly is the point of Prompto's snapshot technique? I guess it's good for taking a lot of pictures of a specific enemy, and when it crits(10% at max level) it gives you 1 AP, but that's about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Speaking of pictures, what exactly is the point of Prompto's snapshot technique? I guess it's good for taking a lot of pictures of a specific enemy, and when it crits(10% at max level) it gives you 1 AP, but that's about it.

That's it. It lets you choose when to take snapshops instead of being at Prompto's mercy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

That's it. It lets you choose when to take snapshops instead of being at Prompto's mercy.

You can still only store 5 at a time though, and it costs 1 tech bar. It should just be free.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hi, I just got Dino to get me tickets for the ferry. Is this out of place cutscene something I'm supposed to have known about already from watching their stupid supplemental material?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bogart posted:

Hi, I just got Dino to get me tickets for the ferry. Is this out of place cutscene something I'm supposed to have known about already from watching their stupid supplemental material?

It comes from the movie but I thought it fit fine. It shows some of the invasion of Insomnia and Regis' death. It's there specifically for the people who didn't see the movie.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
That was one of those video cutscenes they added in the day one patch, wasn't it?

I can't imagine what that would have been like in the release version of the game

*Ignis comes in* Uhh, hey guys 9/11 just happened
Grr, I'm so pissed off! This is bullshit!
oh well. back to what we were doing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there any way to make it rain? I need to kill this frog but it's not raining and he's not showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Quick question for you gents- I'm considering buying a PS4 for this and Persona, how's the performance on the PS4 slim versus the pro? I don't need 4k or anything fancy, but I'm worried about framedrop/derpiness on the slim.

• Locked thread