Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

McPantserton posted:

Took a few quick shots of my Yara gear this last weekend at a more appropriate spot, I think this was the coldest 15 minutes of my life. -15 windchill is balls.

I love the salt damage on the cloak - cool detail. It's real good.

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 17:53 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Captain Lavender posted:

Scott Tacoman?!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Deviant posted:

Scott Tacoman?!

Hot Soccer Mom.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

McPantserton posted:

It's Mendota! If the camera moved left a little you'd be able to see the capitol dome. This beach was selected for the highly specialized reason that it's really close to the parking lot so we could get back into the car super fast. TOO COLD.

Madison fist-bump

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Is it sad that even from a casual glance I immediately thought "Wisconsin"?

For all the Sconnies in the thread what are the good local cons to go to? I have a costume idea in the works but I don't want to go all out unless I have a place to show it off.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

chickie nugs for brekkie posted:

For all the Sconnies in the thread what are the good local cons to go to? I have a costume idea in the works but I don't want to go all out unless I have a place to show it off.

Nah. Wisconsin has a "look".

There's a small gaming con coming up in Milwaukee - Midwinter. It's Jan 12-15. Another one, Nexus, in milwaukee May 26-29.

I am unfamiliar with Madison cons. There is one or two of them is about all I do know.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

If you're willing to head to the Wausau Area, Evercon is Jan 6-8 in Schofield. It's run by the local high school gaming club, but don't let that fool you, it's well done, and they just had to move to a larger venue. https://tabletop.events/conventions/evercon-2017

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Anime Milwaukee is in Feb. I think. I've never been, but it's probably a better place for cosplay then a gaming con.
There's Teslacon too, if you're in to that kind of thing.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Captain Lavender posted:

Omg thank you, this is one of the things that took me the longest to figure out how to do. I kept thinking I could use some trick to do it not so grittily and uhh I ended up using... yep just salt. A lot of saltwater. I boiled like a 30% salt mixture and threw saltwater everywhere and it was kind of a weird weekend but it really did end up looking better than anything else I tried.

Already mentioned but I'd 2nd Anime Milwaukee, it's the biggest one and it has a pretty good cosplay scene! I can't go this year because I have a wedding to attend but their contest is usually pretty competitive and I think it's just a really fun convention overall.

Daisho Con is small but in my top like... 2 favorite conventions of all time 2nd only to GenCon. It's already happened this year (November) but it's at the Kalahari and it's super fun.

GeekKon is in Madison and it's maybe not the best con but the cosplay is usually pretty good! I was a drunk dancing Diglett there this year and it was a great time.

If you're willing to travel a little though, the real midwest cosplay showcases are C2E2 and Anime Central in Chicago. HUGE conventions, insane cosplay, and if you can only pick one and you aren't a 17 year old weeb, go to C2E2.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
The one year I went to ACEN was in college the year of my 21st birthday. I ended up spending that night hanging out with Geoff and Gus of Red vs. Blue. There was a lot of drinking.

I do not remember most of that night, but I'm told I had fun.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

Omg thank you, this is one of the things that took me the longest to figure out how to do. I kept thinking I could use some trick to do it not so grittily and uhh I ended up using... yep just salt. A lot of saltwater. I boiled like a 30% salt mixture and threw saltwater everywhere and it was kind of a weird weekend but it really did end up looking better than anything else I tried.

The devil is in the details and you did drat good!

I especially enjoy the weathering on the weapons, the salt stains and how the cuirass absolutely looks lived in.

Only hover over this next part if you would like some constructive critiscism.
The wig needs to be stringier, like unwashed hair. In other words, you look too clean to be Yara. :v:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Captain Lavender posted:

Shop Talkerman?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fargin Icehole posted:

Shop Talkerman?

Clop Horsearound

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
David Mitchell.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

It bothers me she went to all the work to make a log pose, but didn't put in the minimal effort of drawing on the arm tattoo

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Inzombiac posted:

Clop Horsearound

Homeofthe Whopperman

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

The devil is in the details and you did drat good!

I especially enjoy the weathering on the weapons, the salt stains and how the cuirass absolutely looks lived in.

Only hover over this next part if you would like some constructive critiscism.
The wig needs to be stringier, like unwashed hair. In other words, you look too clean to be Yara. :v:

I also want to straighten it more, it's a bit too curly right now. I styled it the morning we were leaving for our con on my salt husband's head so I'd agree it's a bit neglected haha

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Inzombiac posted:

Clop Horsearound

Hot Saucerman

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

beato posted:

So... has anyone got a link?... Asking for a friend. :sweatdrop:

This is gross and this thread deserves Snatch Duster.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No see all those posters are just being ironically creepy or something. That makes it okay.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

No thread deserves Snatch Duster. Don't say things you can't take back, Bird. :(

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Internet Kraken posted:

No see all those posters are just being ironically creepy or something. That makes it okay.

You know, the two of you could post a cosplay.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Wouldn't; would

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Flop Plopperman.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who is this actually supposed to be? Because my guesses are 'Joker's chattering teeth' and 'probably something Aaah Real Monsters'

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's even more pathetic than when people do it on Imgur.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

RareAcumen posted:

Who is this actually supposed to be? Because my guesses are 'Joker's chattering teeth' and 'probably something Aaah Real Monsters'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFzCCFwAMMo

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

RareAcumen posted:

Crop Circleman

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Chomp Swizzleteeth

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Bob Johnson

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TheChaosPath posted:

Wouldn't; would

Thanks, we'll put that in the records.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

You know, the two of you could post a cosplay.

lmao literally backseating a mod

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's some real lovely Hellboy cosplay.

He doesn't even wear sunglasses.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Craft Boozieman

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bandicoot Cabbagepatch

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/jabbertalk/status/810684094078021632

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 01:24 on Dec 24, 2016

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Alaois posted:

lmao literally backseating a mod

K' is the worst character. Where's all of the Maxima cosplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Craft Boozieman

Spot Holderman

• Locked thread