Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

beergod posted:

I've been lurking for like 6 months and I don't think ive ever recognized let alone listened to a record you you guys post about

Is it all edm or metal or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
that's the good poo poo

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Herb Alpert is good; I've heard of him. But he's too mainstream for these parts. Do you have any small batch test pressings out of the Pittsburgh clarinets-only 1980's jazz scene?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

stay depressed posted:

that's the good poo poo

This post is the good poo poo

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

What, no whipped cream swirl colored limited 180 gram record store day pressing?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

but what about...

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

beergod posted:

Herb Alpert is good; I've heard of him. But he's too mainstream for these parts. Do you have any small batch test pressings out of the Pittsburgh clarinets-only 1980's jazz scene?

Whenever you guys try to parody 'obscure' music it just makes you sound even lamer

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i have 300 copies of Battletoads OST thats my entire collection

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Boinks posted:

What, no whipped cream swirl colored limited 180 gram record store day pressing?

Not exactly... but I do have this one as well...

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey has low I.Q.
Some stuff from the past month. Happy to finally own that Asylum Party.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

lu_ducky posted:

but what about...

More importantly...

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

beergod posted:

I've been lurking for like 6 months and I don't think ive ever recognized let alone listened to a record you you guys post about

Is it all edm or metal or something

Sometimes it's music, sometimes it's apparently large pogs and slammers that inexplicably have these grooves on them.

Has anybody made records yet that have LEDs built in so they light up when you spin them?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
please stop giving jack white and mondo more lovely ideas to charge idiots through the nose for

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

sporklift posted:

This is the best post in the entire thread.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

petit choux posted:

Has anybody made records yet that have LEDs built in so they light up when you spin them?

The Force Awakens hologram wasn't lovely enough of a gimmick?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I have record that has John Lennon's penis on the cover.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

More importantly...

This is actually the best one:

RIP Karl

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Got those sleepytime gorilla museum records in the mail today.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang those look good.

Mine won't be here until next week. :smith:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

cosmicjim posted:

I have record that has John Lennon's penis on the cover.

I have the 200 gram vinyl remastered reissue that's shaped like a penis and is filled with white liquid. It was a steal at 500 dollars.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang those look good.

Mine won't be here until next week. :smith:

They did a nice job with them. Only listened to side 1 of natural history so far, it it sounds fine.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Season's greetings!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hey I have that second one, totally forgot I had a Frogs record :rms:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
scored an old record player while helping someone clean up their garage. now i've gone mad making sure i have a collection of vinyl to play on it. send help.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

scored an old record player while helping someone clean up their garage. now i've gone mad making sure i have a collection of vinyl to play on it. send help.

Leave it in the forest and run screaming into the night. Then go home, wash yourself, and pretend none of this happened.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I lie awake at night sweating thinking about missing out on new records then having to buy them at three to four times the price on discogs later. I seriously was not going to buy that gas box but when trdn89 came in and said kompakt.fm restocked some more after they sold out everywhere else I just couldn't loving help myself. I've never even heard of wolfgang voigt until that poo poo went up on bleep.

:shepspends:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i have 500 records but its 500 copies of the battletoads OST in translucent green so i know that i own

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Yaayyy...

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Pingiivi posted:

Yaayyy...

lol

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

sporklift posted:

Taiwan records are the best. I mean, they're the absolute worst quality of sound and material but I love the typos and those cheap thin cellophane-covered paper sleeves.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Imagine a video game soundtrack stomping on a human face forever.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

In 30 years the next Great Pacific Garbage Patch will be composed of Jack White albums and video game soundtrack picture discs.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

my summer at fat camp posted:

In 30 years the next Great Pacific Garbage Patch will be composed of Jack White albums and video game soundtrack picture discs.

And Funko Pops

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

music for you

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Thanks! Used the Grimes code, but it says it has 2 downloads remaining if anyone wants to try.

Cabernet Sovereign
Jun 14, 2008
Used one for the grimes. Thanks.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

King Vidiot posted:

Taiwan records are the best. I mean, they're the absolute worst quality of sound and material but I love the typos and those cheap thin cellophane-covered paper sleeves.

I have this one too. I grab them if I see them in the dollar bin. Kinda fun to have.

Some new arrivals. (Sorry for the blurry photos.)

Nina Simone Sings the Blues VMP exclusive. Last of my club. It was kinda cool but since these albums are available elsewhere I don't think I will re up. I don't really care about colored vinyl or the dumb drink recipe and the 'art' has been pretty lame.

Luke Cage Soundtrack. I'm not usually a soundtrack guy but this one is pretty sweet. Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad killed the Blaxploitation/Spaghetti Western/Hip Hop mashup. The yellow is a lot more pale than I thought it would be.

Buddy of mine had some old stock laying around from his label so I snagged the two samplers. Moden Funk from Omega Supreme Records.

A Christmas record. Has the classic lone dude trying to hype his bandmates into joining him. They all resist then BUST OUT!

I wouldn't want anyone to enter this thread and think we are a bunch of snobs....

sporklift fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 23, 2016

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The we built this city extended dance mix 12" is nice.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Pingiivi posted:

Yaayyy...

I don't buy bleepity bloop computer music on vinyl because that's a dumb thing to do but that picture disk is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I always dig hearing new (or new to me) funk, so I poked at those Raw Silk records, look like they're totally unavailable, so, dang.

There's some copies on discogs, hm.