Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Someone in guild chat said TFP+EP is outperforming Chirpatine in phase 3. Is this true? My TFP is almost max gear and I've been working on Chirpa from cantina (almost 7*). Did I waste my cantina double drops and gear on an obsolete character? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zone of Danger posted:

Aren't iphone users also getting Bistan shards rather than SRP shards from the daily pack thing right now? Small difference, but Bistan is not farmable and SRP is.

It's not like we'll be able to 7-star him until he is farmable... and he will definitely be added to a a shop or node in cantina next month.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Gonna be kicking off another tank raid tonight. No delay before damage, but please limit it to one attack per phase, I want everyone to get a chance at it.

Also a rancor, usual rules apply there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Gonna be kicking off another tank raid tonight. No delay before damage, but please limit it to one attack per phase, I want everyone to get a chance at it.

Any chance we could bump raid times up an hour?

Midnight raid starts are the fuckin' worst.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Any chance we could bump raid times up an hour?

Midnight raid starts are the fuckin' worst.

I have no problem with it, but I'm not sure how it'll affect euro and asian players. If anyone has any objections to moving the raid starts to 8am and 8pm, please reply.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

are we not doing multiple hits on p1 anymore? Just remember it taking ages to finish when only some people were hitting and everyone else was waiting for p2

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'd like to try one now, with a second at 9 am. P1 is where we need the most work, I think.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
This game is perfectly balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPnS7kVmVd8

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Zone of Danger posted:

Aren't iphone users also getting Bistan shards rather than SRP shards from the daily pack thing right now? Small difference, but Bistan is not farmable and SRP is.

Bistan shows up in the fleet rotations. He's also fun as gently caress as his free turn nonsense makes him downright mean against the Rancor on a rebs team. Not sure how he'd play out in PvP, but I could see him being fairly amazing in GW.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I really want them now. That was hilarious.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Can someone invite my bro to QGJ please? Theres a level 30 inactive we can kick to make a spot
His ally code is 995-251-474. Also anyone who has a free spot on their ally list, please add him so he gets some good characters to use

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Is there any point in getting Vader to gear XI?

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Need some advice.

Working on my Rebel team. Got STHan 5*/G8, Lando 6*/G7, Wedge 4*/G7, Biggs 6*/G7, and using either Leia 4*/G7 or Luke 6*/G7 for the fifth. Wedge will be 5* tomorrow. I'm hoping to activate the Emperor this time around.

I can upgrade Lando to G8, but he uses Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe, which is a 50 salvage collect or I can use that Syringe to get STHan to G9. I'll just need 2 more raid salvage and 6 more Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage.

I'm leaning towards STHan.

Also, this team is kind of crazy. I autoed an arena fight and my opponent was 6k power above me. I came back to a win screen.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 22, 2016

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Fleet battles are so boring they make me want to die. Ever since they fixed the AAT raid it's my new hate.

Rubicon posted:

Need some advice.

Working on my Rebel team. Got STHan 5*/G8, Lando 6*/G7, Wedge 4*/G7, Biggs 6*/G7, and using either Leia 4*/G7 or Luke 6*/G7 for the fifth. Wedge will be 5* tomorrow. I'm hoping to activate the Emperor this time around.

I can upgrade Lando to G8, but he uses Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe, which is a 50 salvage collect or I can use that Syringe to get STHan to G9. I'll just need 2 more raid salvage and 6 more Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage.

I'm leaning towards STHan.

Also, this team is kind of crazy. I autoed an arena fight and my opponent was 6k power above me. I came back to a win screen.

The longer you can get STHan to survive a fight, the more chance for bonus turn meter. I wouldn't put much more effort into your Luke either, he's just not very good. He was also the first character I focused on and I still regret it.

CaptainAssholay fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 22, 2016

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

CaptainAssholay posted:

Fleet battles are so boring they make me want to die. Ever since they fixed the AAT raid it's my new hate.

The longer you can get STHan to survive a fight, the more chance for bonus turn meter. I wouldn't put much more effort into your Luke either, he's just not very good. He was also the first character I focused on and I still regret it.

STHan it is, then!

Luke/Leia will be replaced as soon as I have a suitable rebel to use.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Got SHT to gear XI (95k EHP, come at me Wiggs :getin:). arena power jumped by 2k to 46k, node 12 in GW bugged again :dance:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Someone in guild chat said TFP+EP is outperforming Chirpatine in phase 3. Is this true? My TFP is almost max gear and I've been working on Chirpa from cantina (almost 7*). Did I waste my cantina double drops and gear on an obsolete character? :smith:

I've heard this, but not really sure how much that matters. Also, how good you can do in P3 is heavily determined by how good your tanks/mods are, and if you don't have a great (>200k) P1 team, take Teebo, TFP, QGJ, Phasma, EE, and you can do 250k+. This gives you a very easy to acquire P1 team (assuming you already farmed most/all of that team for P1 Rancor), and Chirpatine gives you a very solid P3 team. If you've got a Jedi P1 team, then yeah, maybe try out EP/TFP, but it's not something I've really tested out.

Zone of Danger posted:

Yeah, I think there are a couple other times they've done something like this that gives iPhone users a slight edge...(like how Poe was completely busted until about February and iPhone users got him for free while we got Phasma, who was good and has always been decent and useful, but she has never been meta-defining).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I've heard this, but not really sure how much that matters. Also, how good you can do in P3 is heavily determined by how good your tanks/mods are, and if you don't have a great (>200k) P1 team, take Teebo, TFP, QGJ, Phasma, EE, and you can do 250k+. This gives you a very easy to acquire P1 team (assuming you already farmed most/all of that team for P1 Rancor), and Chirpatine gives you a very solid P3 team. If you've got a Jedi P1 team, then yeah, maybe try out EP/TFP, but it's not something I've really tested out.

Yeah, I think there are a couple other times they've done something like this that gives iPhone users a slight edge...(like how Poe was completely busted until about February and iPhone users got him for free while we got Phasma, who was good and has always been decent and useful, but she has never been meta-defining).

neither was Poe

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

neither was Poe

Neither was Poe what? There were about 2 months where he was meta-defining. If you didn't have him, you couldn't beat him. This was around late December through January. He was the fastest hero, and TM down couldn't be resisted, so your their team went before anyone on your team. You couldn't win on offense because by the time you got to go with anyone, you were lucky to have 3 people standing. I believe they fixed him in late February. That was a 2-3 month advantage that iPhone players got, and Poe was only available in cantina tokens.

e: I remember farming him up to 5-6*, and having easy first place for about a month. It was that ridiculous.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Neither was Poe what? There were about 2 months where he was meta-defining. If you didn't have him, you couldn't beat him. This was around late December through January. He was the fastest hero, and TM down couldn't be resisted, so your their team went before anyone on your team. You couldn't win on offense because by the time you got to go with anyone, you were lucky to have 3 people standing. I believe they fixed him in late February. That was a 2-3 month advantage that iPhone players got, and Poe was only available in cantina tokens.

e: I remember farming him up to 5-6*, and having easy first place for about a month. It was that ridiculous.

He was part of the droid meta. without the droids he wasnt that great

and then they broke him and I've barely used him since... Phasma otoh

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

He was part of the droid meta. without the droids he wasnt that great

and then they broke him and I've barely used him since... Phasma otoh

I dunno, I remember running Phasma (L), Rey, Poe, Luke, Lumi? or something like that and tearing face. Or maybe Sidious was in there somewhere. I don't really remember PVP that well back there, but you didn't need droids to wreck face with that squad.

Also, sometime in March or April, droids got Poe, while iPhones got Phasma. Plus, Phasma is GW farmable, while Poe is Cantina tokens and 2 hard nodes (at 20 energy per). I don't see how you don't see this as a huge advantage that iPhone users got. By the time I found out that Poe was actually good, players had him at 6-7*, and I was starting off at 0. Since I only did cantina energy + 1 recharge (since 2nd cost 200 crystals), that meant I was looking at 5 Poe shards per day, which meant 5* (145) took ~30 days. Then, about a month after that (I'd been farming him all month and he was then about 6*), they nerfed him. Before I got Poe, I remember not breaking into top 10. After Poe, I was making top 5 daily, and frequently first. That's 100-300 crystals daily (we'll go average of 200), or 6000 crystals I couldn't get because I was behind the times. How is that not a huge advantage?

e: Whole reason to get on here was to share my tournament secrets this time around. I started in the evening, something like 7pm pacific time, so 5-6 hours after arena start. I then just let it sit there so that more bad people would have points. I think I attacked a couple times around midnight. I made 5 teams, and attacked with my "worst" teams first to maximize things. Here are my teams, in order of use:
Phasma, Yoda, Poe, Daka, Fives
HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE
AA, Vader, RG, QGJ, Leia
Wiggs, Lando, STH, K2 (G8 85 K2, he isn't great yet, but I see potential)
EP, TFP, Shore, JKA, EE

Remaining geared heroes: Teebo, Dathcha, Barriss, Rey, Boba, Chirpa, FOTP, GS, Eeth, RP, Lumi. However, I don't think I will use any of these because I did have some difficult fights with my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teams. I'm about to start with my 5th (Empire) team. I've run each team 5 times, so 3500 AP per team, for 17,500 when I'm done. I'm at 2700, so after this team, I should finish around 3k, and I will be very close to top 100 (There's an hour and a half to go). I don't expect to make top 100 this time around, but I'm happy with what I was able to do with less than 20k AP.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 22, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I dunno, I remember running Phasma (L), Rey, Poe, Luke, Lumi? or something like that and tearing face. Or maybe Sidious was in there somewhere. I don't really remember PVP that well back there, but you didn't need droids to wreck face with that squad.

Also, sometime in March or April, droids got Poe, while iPhones got Phasma. Plus, Phasma is GW farmable, while Poe is Cantina tokens and 2 hard nodes (at 20 energy per). I don't see how you don't see this as a huge advantage that iPhone users got. By the time I found out that Poe was actually good, players had him at 6-7*, and I was starting off at 0. Since I only did cantina energy + 1 recharge (since 2nd cost 200 crystals), that meant I was looking at 5 Poe shards per day, which meant 5* (145) took ~30 days. Then, about a month after that (I'd been farming him all month and he was then about 6*), they nerfed him. Before I got Poe, I remember not breaking into top 10. After Poe, I was making top 5 daily, and frequently first. That's 100-300 crystals daily (we'll go average of 200), or 6000 crystals I couldn't get because I was behind the times. How is that not a huge advantage?

I started out with a similar squad. I was top 20. added poe and was top 20. Got my rear end kicked by droid squads.

We had different experiences

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
we also had similar. they broke him so quickly that anyone who spent the time on him was more screwed by him in the long run.

especially if they didnt abandon him quickly

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I started out with a similar squad. I was top 20. added poe and was top 20. Got my rear end kicked by droid squads.

We had different experiences

What? You mean they created some kind of arena randomizer that screwed some people and made it easier for others, even when they made an account within a few days of each other? No way, I can't imagine any game company doing that and still being successful.

e: I just came across a really easy comp. Rather than using my real team (empire), I used my secret backup team of Boba, Rey, Teebo, Barriss, FOTP. FEAR ME

e2: I'm at rank 151, 3166 points. I'm 300 points shy of 50th. I would guess that's where I would need to be an hour from now to make top 100, but I might need to race a little more than that. I'm at 70 per win right now, but will probably drop to 50 soon. I'll just say average of 60 to get to 300 points, or 5 battles. If I just use Empire, that's 2500 + 2500 + 3750 + 3750 + 5000 or 17500, which is basically what I've spent so far on everything. Is it worth it? Maybe I'll wait 30 minutes and see what rank I am and what top 50 looks like? I mean, I could also move mods around (again) and get a couple wins out of Wiggs, but that just doesn't seem worth it to save ~10k AP (~150-200k credits...I leave some mods over there for AAT raids anyways).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 22, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I attacked a Wiggs + baze/shore/tfp team today and I won. That's all.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well done!

With 15 minutes to go, I'm at rank 72. I will probably attack one more time if I drop to below 90. I did 5 attacks with Empire, and then another 3 attacks with Rebels, for somewhere around 35k AP...bringing the total tourney to around 55k spent. I've got 295k left, and plan to spend no more than 5-10k on Cassian's U-Wing...not going to unlock it. This should leave me with more than 400k for DV's ship.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I was doing an AAT raid, but I should have finished top 25. I probably should have waited, but I was 200 points or so ahead of the 25th place dude with 8 minutes to go. I probably spent about 100K -150K AP total, hopefully Cassian doesn't suck.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Well done!

With 15 minutes to go, I'm at rank 72. I will probably attack one more time if I drop to below 90. I did 5 attacks with Empire, and then another 3 attacks with Rebels, for somewhere around 35k AP...bringing the total tourney to around 55k spent. I've got 295k left, and plan to spend no more than 5-10k on Cassian's U-Wing...not going to unlock it. This should leave me with more than 400k for DV's ship.

They canceled the casian u-wing event.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Uh... bullshit.

If I'd known that I might have actually spent the points to get Cassian!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

I bet it was because the thing was a stupid as gently caress 3 person premium super ship or something. Even that might've been too much for them.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Got 4* cassian:

Now if only I wasn't out of training droids to level him...

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

This might be due to poor mods, but I find my Baze to be a pretty big liability against a really fast STH. I've run into a few comps where he basically grants infinite TM to the other team, and the fight is effectively over before anyone on my team can do anything. Insta-taunt + retaliate + weak damage isn't a great mix there.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I've started playing this game again, is there room in one of the goon guilds? I don't plan on whaling, but play every day and am active.

Hixalot 392-957-613

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Ok, so, based on the lack of responses, I'm going to move IGD raid start times to 8 AM/PM. Also I'm open to suggestions on the tank raid. Keep working on your P1 teams at least.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

Ok, so, based on the lack of responses, I'm going to move IGD raid start times to 8 AM/PM. Also I'm open to suggestions on the tank raid. Keep working on your P1 teams at least.

if we do night raids we should just let everyone whale on P1 before the refresh, it took too long this time holding back. I don't see it as unfair since p1 gives the least damage, so the people doing the damage aren't getting a huge advantage on the people lying in wait for p2, and are in fact doing a service in getting past that lovely phase

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
I usually throw 1 team at p1 and then wait for p2 since I can actually do damage there. One day might have a semi decent p3 team but yeah....not today.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
As long as I can do all my good damage in either P2 or P4 I'm happy. Generally with working & sleeping & how the time schedule goes I can usually only participate in either P2 or P4, but I get to throw in on P1 and P3 since we stall the longest on those. I only get about 300k on those 2 but I am building teams up for them slowly.

Im not seeing much good gear reward for placing ~top 15, but the credits & guild currency is nice now that they filled the shop with more shards. Not taking 5 weeks to beat the raid now means having a steady income to blow on Rex & Sun Fac.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

As long as I can do all my good damage in either P2 or P4 I'm happy. Generally with working & sleeping & how the time schedule goes I can usually only participate in either P2 or P4, but I get to throw in on P1 and P3 since we stall the longest on those. I only get about 300k on those 2 but I am building teams up for them slowly.

Im not seeing much good gear reward for placing ~top 15, but the credits & guild currency is nice now that they filled the shop with more shards. Not taking 5 weeks to beat the raid now means having a steady income to blow on Rex & Sun Fac.

:thumbsup:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

if we do night raids we should just let everyone whale on P1 before the refresh, it took too long this time holding back. I don't see it as unfair since p1 gives the least damage, so the people doing the damage aren't getting a huge advantage on the people lying in wait for p2, and are in fact doing a service in getting past that lovely phase

the main issue I'm trying to avoid is having p1 finish right around rollover (midnight pacific), because that's probably unfair for the largest group of people. I'm thinking that maybe we could put a hold on damage once p1 finishes (or is down to just a few percent), until the next raid time (8 am or pm). So things would work like this:
1. Raid starts at 8 am/pm
2. Everyone is free to attack p1 as much as they like without a delay
3. Once P1 is finished or almost finished, damage goes on hold until 8am or pm, whichever is next
4. One attack per phase until the raid is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

the main issue I'm trying to avoid is having p1 finish right around rollover (midnight pacific), because that's probably unfair for the largest group of people. I'm thinking that maybe we could put a hold on damage once p1 finishes (or is down to just a few percent), until the next raid time (8 am or pm). So things would work like this:
1. Raid starts at 8 am/pm
2. Everyone is free to attack p1 as much as they like without a delay
3. Once P1 is finished or almost finished, damage goes on hold until 8am or pm, whichever is next
4. One attack per phase until the raid is done.

gotcha, yea totally down to try that