Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Heck, I'd pay $5 for a Pork Chopper blueprint. At floor 32 now and still haven't found one. Not $60 or whatever they want though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Good News those packs are for the blueprints. At least that's what it says when you click on it. So you spend a little money so your not farming floor 11-20 looking for these.

This is a fair point, but the rifle and axe together cost as much as a premium pass, which would give me 30 days to find those blueprints and I mean it wasn't exactly hard finding them before any of these items were even in the shop.

The argument that holds a little water is that I GUESS you could buy these things as a fresh level 1 character at floor 1 and basically sleepwalk your way through the first 10 floors, because you don't need materials after they're researched, just money. Those prices are still pretty prohibitive.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I'm pretty happy this game isn't warframe

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Meiteron posted:

This is a fair point, but the rifle and axe together cost as much as a premium pass, which would give me 30 days to find those blueprints and I mean it wasn't exactly hard finding them before any of these items were even in the shop.

The argument that holds a little water is that I GUESS you could buy these things as a fresh level 1 character at floor 1 and basically sleepwalk your way through the first 10 floors, because you don't need materials after they're researched, just money. Those prices are still pretty prohibitive.

Oh I'm not arguing it's worth the price. A lot of those bundles seem a bit overpriced but at least they give you the reusable thing instead of just a one off AR that won't last you very long. It's a small consolation but at least they aren't gouging you for the breakable item and throwing that price tag on it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Exmond posted:

Solo Shelters also let you replenish your HP. Its in a mejin tip or something
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I've never seen a single streamer get one nor the Tryptamine D, even though they've all been stuck up the tower wishing they had a way out at least once

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
There has to be a better way to grind loving black metals then the 22nd floor gold box. I hate the gigantic power gap in the Candol Wolf stages. Thankfully I managed to get 4th Star Fighters but still...

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
They didn't even have the decency to put the bosses on a floor with an elevator. So I'm STILL running through two floors to get to Jin-Die, having to fight her, and not even having a 100% chance of getting a metal.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

TopHatGenius posted:

There has to be a better way to grind loving black metals then the 22nd floor gold box. I hate the gigantic power gap in the Candol Wolf stages. Thankfully I managed to get 4th Star Fighters but still...

Upgrading the Katana fully takes 14 candleblack.
Upgrading Motorpsycho all the way takes 8 blackmilk.
Upgrading the chopper takes 9 blackDoD.

Take in mind that you need other materials outside of black metal, there are other weapons you may want to upgrade, and this doesn't include upgrading armor. Floor 22 chest is farmed extensively for a reason - without it life would suck.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 23, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

widespread posted:

Wait wait wait. So if my highest floor is 4F, then can I still get the stamp machines from 2F-3F? Or are those long gone until a game completion?

Edit: Also, I assume upgrading anything in the Waiting Room doesn't come until after 5F.

I mean if you mess up the stamp machine (like I did the first time, because I didn't read how to do it).

Liver Disaster posted:

Are you saying you don't enjoy getting knocked out of the air and dying to falling damage?

I've never had that problem. You can just shoot her up there.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 23, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Cuntellectual posted:

I mean if you mess up the stamp machine (like I did the first time, because I didn't read how to do it).

I didn't mess it up. Said it had a perfect. It's just the machine I got it on exploded. So unless it's on Wanoki, I dunno what.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I'm loving this game currently and devoting all my videogame time to it (FFXV is gathering dust) but I keep imagining how amazing it'll be a year from now.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

widespread posted:

I didn't mess it up. Said it had a perfect. It's just the machine I got it on exploded. So unless it's on Wanoki, I dunno what.

The machines always explode no matter what you get. You only get one shot at the stamp, whatever you get you get until you beat the game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You still get the stamp. Perfect just means it comes in clearest and directly center in the circle.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

The Gorp posted:

Upgrading the Katana fully takes 14 candleblack.
Upgrading Motorpsycho all the way takes 8 blackmilk.
Upgrading the chopper takes 9 blackDoD.

Take in mind that you need other materials outside of black metal, there are other weapons you may want to upgrade, and this doesn't include upgrading armor. Floor 22 chest is farmed extensively for a reason - without it life would suck.

:suicide:

Back to grinding!

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Jimbot posted:

You still get the stamp. Perfect just means it comes in clearest and directly center in the circle.

There's a reward for getting every single stamp perfect but I haven't heard of anyone completing it yet.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
Where's the best place to grind green metals? Goto doesn't want to drop them on f11.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

There any bonus benefit to multiples of the same blueprint? I kept finding discovered blueprints and pass them up always because I already had them.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

widespread posted:

There any bonus benefit to multiples of the same blueprint? I kept finding discovered blueprints and pass them up always because I already had them.
Nope. The only benefit is selling them for kill coins.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gibbed posted:

And from what I've seen you barely get any, compared to a spare item or armor piece anyway

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

gibbed posted:

CrashCat posted:

And from what I've seen you barely get any, compared to a spare item or armor piece anyway

Well poo poo. Guess I ain't picking up known BPs then.

Side note, I found Jin-DIE. And died. I take it, I run until all five shots are shot?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Ranking up in the TDM is annoying- all of the rescue quests are taken as soon as they appear and everybody that appears in the "random" list is easily 300 below me, meaning I won't gain any points raiding them.

How frustrating.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

widespread posted:

Well poo poo. Guess I ain't picking up known BPs then.

Side note, I found Jin-DIE. And died. I take it, I run until all five shots are shot?

She can't target you at point-blank range. Keep up the pressure.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

CrashCat posted:

This becomes the opposite later, in my experience. The blueprints in the 20s sell for 1200 coins, while the weapons dropped are like 3 to 500ish, so the dupe blueprints end up being the best items to pick up for cash if you are farming coins. Also i know a few of the lower floor ones sell for like 600, which was more than the weapon drops iirc.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
There's a lower level flush with veneer planks, right? Can't remember where I got them before.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hey uhhhh while we're talking are character names randomly generated? I just made a tier 3 defender with the 2nd female skin (black woman) and it's named "dirty Princess." What the gently caress?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
All my names have been super generic so far. If they snuck a few weird ones in there, that's pretty great.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

i mean i do have a collector name Jaikel Mackson but the rest are all pretty boring.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

She can't target you at point-blank range. Keep up the pressure.

Good thing I wasted my time with the "Kill all enemies on Ikegara with Hammer". Level 16 Hammer Skill, and some Max Grade 1's. :black101:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Been playing this for about a week and just thought to check for a thread. Super-disappointed the 30-day express pass it $20 CAD. Since the patch I've been pretty much only seeing Haters from TTMKsomething or other, is that something weird?

Reverence posted:

i mean i do have a collector name Jaikel Mackson but the rest are all pretty boring.

None of my characters have even had a last name.

Just unlocked 3* characters because I've been obsessive over trying to upgrade as much of my gear and exploring all the floors under 10. Now that I have it, I feel like raising those 7 rank 2 fighters was not worth it. I'm going to take that advice and just throw them on expeditions. For TDM, how do I move past bronze?

Seriously enjoying this game.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

I just got to Jin-Die 2 and man what a ride that was. I'm lucky I had so many cooked healing bugs and transparashrooms or there's no way I would have survived that fight. It's so much crazier than the first fight, and hearing the full extent of her voice track is surreal. Sucks that she didn't drop any metals though, I could really use some greens.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
sometimes i leave this game on to listen to the music

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Booty Pageant posted:

sometimes i leave this game on to listen to the music

But youtube exists

And now I'm listening to a playlist that is one part recorded from game and one part OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEOs.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Another question, is there a floor more likely to have iron blueprints? I've gone all over the place, but still don't have one.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Blueprints are super odd in that floors (as far as I can tell) aren't guaranteed to have a pool of them. Your luck stat influences which blueprints you find.
Floors 8-9 is where I found my iron blueprint, but it was when I had already breached floor 20 and had a 3 star with max luck in the area.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Another question, is there a floor more likely to have iron blueprints? I've gone all over the place, but still don't have one.

There is no concrete evidence of this, but I've heard that unlocking side floors can be tied to the blueprints you might be missing.

My own personal experience was that I was almost to floor 20 before I found my iron blueprint, and I had to go explore every side floor in the 1-10 area, including the ones on each rotation. When the map rolled over to the last couple side rooms I needed to explore, I ran through them, and after, I finally found my iron blueprint dicking around somewhere I want to say in the 6-10 area.

I feel like there is some merit to this, because I haven't gone past 26 yet, and still have some side rooms in the 20-25 area I haven't gone to and when farming 22 for metal I always see the same dupe blueprints along the way.

Or I could be completely wrong and maybe there is just a pool of a few blueprints for certain floors and woo rng. :shrug: It will probably be a few weeks or more I'd guess until people can really start to narrow down how some of this poo poo actually works, aside from the dev's just telling us before then.

Edit:

The Gorp posted:

Your luck stat influences which blueprints you find.

I'm not calling bullshit, but where are you getting this information? I know it says more coins and crits in game, but this isn't something I've heard of.

Ougher fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 23, 2016

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Where do you find out about these floor rotations? That mechanism sounds super plausible since I got 2 new blueprints after unlocking a couple new 1-10 areas almost immediately.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
The side rooms rotate every day at I belive 7pm est? I know its 5pm my time. I think there are 4 different layouts? or maybe 3, I honestly haven't counted the days between.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Ougher posted:

There is no concrete evidence of this, but I've heard that unlocking side floors can be tied to the blueprints you might be missing.
I'm not calling bullshit, but where are you getting this information? I know it says more coins and crits in game, but this isn't something I've heard of.

All I have is anecdotal evidence and case studies. The "mapping out resources/databasing" niche isn't a very fleshed out part of the Let it Die community, and it's made even harder with the fact that floors shuffle and change.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Ougher posted:

The side rooms rotate every day at I belive 7pm est? I know its 5pm my time. I think there are 4 different layouts? or maybe 3, I honestly haven't counted the days between.

from the rotations ive seen, they give you dead ends to spawn either materials farm or shop or both, then theres the blue escalators that skip two or three floors and give you crazy rooms. so it's definitely consistent from me just pissing around from floors 1-10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
im p sure the rooms have nothing to do with blueprints n poo poo, i reckon its really just rng, and there seems to be a material cooldown to prevent farming in one map rotation. ive had stuff like aluminum can and vegetable oil and wire mountain spawn on floor 5 and below in those dead ends but like only one unit.

i do feel that luck does influence blueprint spawning since it's probably up their for rarity and rng.

• Locked thread