Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

orcinus posted:

"It was the *financial* 23rd!"

That's when key members get their yearly fiscals.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are going to crunch even harderer tomorrow and then wave away the delay by saying it was a typo, that they meant the 23rd all along.

24th isn't a public holiday...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

hello

this probably won't be reposted or seen anywhere or cared about but whatever
  • I donated less than a half a completionist package would cost to a local shelter awhile back
  • I hated how my area shelter was a kill shelter but the Huntington Beach one wasn't
  • they invited me to an Xmas thing and presented me with a giant framed picture of all the dogs and cats I saved
  • I cried like a baby
  • I've donated a few bucks here and there to try and make the world a better place
  • I hope
  • and I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money because I drink too much and buy dumb computer games I don't ever even play
  • but if you're 4 or 5 figures deep into this loving dumb game
  • realize, for just a second, how much good you can bring to the world
  • not intangible, "oh whats one good deed" poo poo
  • but a difference you can see, feel and snuggle on occasion
Happy Holidays

Here, maybe this will help you feel better. In addition to endlessly ranting about stupid space sims, I do a lot of fantasy football. I create cheat sheets that people really like, and rather than charge people I just ask them to donate to a charity league. This is the fourth year that the league is going on, and so far we've raised $7978 for various good causes. This year we've raised another $3,239 which looks like it will be divided between a high school robotics team that I mentor and the Dallas Charter of the The National Association of Mental Illness.

Feels loving awesome.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Well, a lot of feel good posts here, let me be the Krampus. (maybe not, say what you want about Nikki 'Batgirl,' she doesn't hold back on grilling Ben with some of these questions and I respect that):

Most open game development ever, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKc7CpY5c8&t=943s

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Mothman went from killing rats on purpose to (probably) accidentally killing people though incompetence.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I could totally get behind that now. :)

There are some people who own guns who probably should not even be allowed to own a nerf gun much less the real kind.

Stop doxxing me!

<caresses his Nerf Vulcan> It's okay, baby, they didn't mean anything. Shhhh, shhhhh, it's alright, sweetie.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheAgent posted:

hello

• I donated less than a half a completionist package would cost to a local shelter awhile back
  • I hated how my area shelter was a kill shelter but the Huntington Beach one wasn't
  • they invited me to an Xmas thing and presented me with a giant framed picture of all the dogs and cats I saved
  • I cried like a baby
  • I've donated a few bucks here and there to try and make the world a better place
  • I hope
  • and I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money because I drink too much and buy dumb computer games I don't ever even play
Happy Holidays

Happy holidays, you awesome NNTP reader icon, you! :hfive:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Phi230 posted:

Im turned off by Overwatch because of its childish aesthetic

Its like one of...those games with the community that likes to pretend theyre playing sports

Can I have your copy? It is fun. And works. And is released. And is not-CIG.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tracer is gay so that's cool

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

nawledgelambo posted:

Well, a lot of feel good posts here, let me be the Krampus. (maybe not, say what you want about Nikki 'Batgirl,' she doesn't hold back on grilling Ben with some of these questions and I respect that):

Most open game development ever, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKc7CpY5c8&t=943s

The myth of this game's "open development" is one of the funniest aspects of the whole mess.

Maybe if CIG released a complete list of the major features still required to make a complete game instead of ship refactoring bullshit and tweaks to the flight model it would help them get organized around a coherent plan. It seems like they always get caught up trying to squeeze more money out of people without delivering anything, or they get too caught up in spewing ~dreams~ bullshit and lose focus.

How can you suck at something so bad for five years and continue to get worse? Crobber is incapable of learning from his mistakes and that guarantees that this will be a legendary disaster.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheAgent posted:

people are good too

I've had a half wolf breed that some dumb gently caress bred to kill lick my face and I've had a strung out meth addict get her life back from the brink of nearly drowning her kids in an apartment pool

this crazy world is hosed, it always has been, life is worthless and cheap and horrible, but there are moments of joy and sacrifice and love that make it worthwhile and important

Happy Holidays

also learn how to loving make a hot toddie proper gently caress

I did have an awesomely heartwarming, yet painful, moment the other day. It's been cold here. I was walking home from the store, fell (would have been funny had it not been me) classic pratfall style on an icy patch of sidewalk, and two people I had never seen before actually stopped their cars, got out and made sure I was okay. I was sore for a couple of days, but the feels were awesome.

Also, can I skip the ritual foreplay and just move straight to sipping the whiskey?

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 23, 2016

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

scan scan scan the bugs
put them in a line
layerly layerly layerly layerly
everything is fine

dig dig dig the goons
put them in a well
carebearly carebearly carebearly carebearly
trump alt-right incel

dance dance dancey cat
my immersion's gone
bastardly bastardly bastardly bastardly
something derek wrong

:tif:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Hey Guys Im here. Yes over at anandtech too. I dont have much time to post in this thread because I'm a completionist and just read it because loving lol. Unless its a moma slap fight then I jump 10 pages.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jst0rm posted:

Hey Guys Im here. Yes over at anandtech too. I dont have much time to post in this thread because I'm a completionist and just read it because loving lol. Unless its a moma slap fight then I jump 10 pages.

Rock on. Represent, goonbro (?)

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Raskolnikov posted:

How long before crobblers puts in a gay character?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DigitalMocking posted:

How long before crobblers puts in a gay character?

Like Pusher's sex appeal and boundless love wouldn't surpass genders. Do you know ANYTHING about nepotistic character development?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Samizdata posted:

Rock on. Represent, goonbro (?)

:unsmith:

:unsmigghh:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

New PTU patch, still not on live.

- They implemented the new item system for the fish tank, so now you can put fish in it again.
- They removed the 'tab' keybind. It now doesn't do anything.
- No leaderboards (They should just pretend it wasn't supposed to have one).
- Still need to restart client to get a new lobby invite.
- Appears to have fixed the error bugs from two patches ago.

Only one really bad problem? gently caress it, this one's going live tomorrow.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Someone actually wrote these words on the internet:

"I up voted but I'll say, Overwatch is not any friggen better lol. Its shallow and lacks so much content, I think SM and OW are actually pretty on par with each other in terms of depth and content. Heck SM might have more since it has the whole EVA' and space vs OverWatch's... What? Auto-Aim ult's, stuns that take control away form you, instant kills etc."

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ZenMaster posted:

Someone actually wrote these words on the internet:

"I up voted but I'll say, Overwatch is not any friggen better lol. Its shallow and lacks so much content, I think SM and OW are actually pretty on par with each other in terms of depth and content. Heck SM might have more since it has the whole EVA' and space vs OverWatch's... What? Auto-Aim ult's, stuns that take control away form you, instant kills etc."

any and all rationalization is welcome.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Well that made for an interesting day.

Everyone's fine but now I'm wondering when CIG is gonna implement the Space Insurance Adjuster mechanic so I can get a new autism chariot.

Sorry to hear about your squished jpeg dude, but glad you're all un-refactored

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
I just cracked up reading this from Skype just now on my Apple device...

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

TheAgent posted:

hello

• I cried like a baby
  • I hope
Happy Holidays

To you, the animal shelter, and the Democratic Republic of Congo, that might be a whole lot of money. But to me, that's just disposable fun money I wouldn't miss, and wouldn't care about, and anyway I've already got my money's worth from testing Star Citizen and being a part of this amazing communbwwaaaa haaajajajajajaahaha hajahaha hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Is Santaball already in the game?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Well that made for an interesting day.

Everyone's fine but now I'm wondering when CIG is gonna implement the Space Insurance Adjuster mechanic so I can get a new autism chariot.

That looks bad. I'm glad everyone is alright though. Good luck with insurance and getting a new car! :(

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Seems Star marine is the second comming of jesus space christ, what does it do that unreal tournament didnt?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Seems Star marine is the second comming of jesus space christ, what does it do that unreal tournament didnt?

constantly crashes and requires you reset your client after every match?

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Seems Star marine is the second comming of jesus space christ, what does it do that Quake 1 didnt?

Fixed

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

constantly crashes and requires you reset your client after every match?

atleast they are doing something fresh with the genre.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
And this makes it an AAA fps that shuold be sold for 60bux standalone how?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Jst0rm posted:

atleast they are doing something fresh with the genre.
By that you mean steaming fresh pile of poo poo.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Raskolnikov posted:

Ryan Archer came out?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Star Marine is literally a copy of the PS4 game Dust 514 by Eve developers CCP, except worse. (More accurately, it's a copy of one game mode of D514)

Bare in mind that Dust 514 was F2P, pretty fun, and had to be offlined within two tears because no one cared and it had no one playing.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Good news for Australians who buy digital goods:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/video-games-website-steam-fined-3-million-for-refusing-refunds-20161223-gthdux.html

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

The benefit of paying 30-50% more than everyone else in the world for digital goods for "reasons" finally pays off!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Good. Eat poo poo, Valve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
CiG needs your feedback - backers only plz

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/363175/citizen-survey-ending-31st-jan-2017

his nibs fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 23, 2016