Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/imaqtpie/AnnoyingLeopardKeepo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Anyone know when they're doin the next chroma ip sale I missed the last one cause it wasn't advertised at all and was p mad.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
He actually deals decent damage, it's just that his E damage counts as coming from whoever you put it on, so it doesn't show up in end of game stats. You can duel the ADC when you have Daisy.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

kingcobweb posted:

He actually deals decent damage, it's just that his E damage counts as coming from whoever you put it on, so it doesn't show up in end of game stats. You can duel the ADC when you have Daisy.

To be fair, pretty much anyone besides support Soraka/Janna can duel the ADC pre-25 minutes.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

They're sooooo funny

haha yeah i agree. invisible badgers lol it's so random

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

haha yeah i agree. invisible badgers lol it's so random

extremely my poo poo lol XD

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Diana apparently had a crush on Leona in canon because of their whole sun/moon thing and there were a lot of discussions about whether they were canon gay or not and the Riot cop-out answer was basically "Well it's up to your interpretation" because they didn't want to commit on it and get all the publicity over it.

Oh no not free publicity anything but that, please no Trump we're winning so hard we're tired of winning make it stop.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Pretty sure its implied Jinx, Cait and Vi have some weird love triangle going on.

Less implied and more the topic of several western hentai strips or whatever they call it when non-Japanese people draw cartoons loving.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

aurelion sol is super simple to play but he has an unusual play pattern that he shares with one character ever, and people in solo queue just don't seem to bother with it (he has the same laning phase as first item tp homeguards mid lane hecarim)

also y'all, varus is pretty good right now

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

golden bubble posted:

To be fair, pretty much anyone besides support Soraka/Janna can duel the ADC pre-25 minutes.

I've dueled Riven and Lee abusing brushes, red smite and Daisy. Ivern is actually stupid strong 1v1 in the first like 15 mins of the game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
???why do you have red smite before sixth item???

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's cool and it's red

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

I don't finish the item but challenging smite is still really good, I get it after athene's

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

also y'all, varus is pretty good right now

:staredog: Uh...

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

To duel the rivens and lee sins

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

his new passive is really good, and his passive + blight stacks are really good with hurricane.

essence reaver also rules and varus ult is loving great. in a game last night we used it on cooldown on a brand who ended up with 14 or 17 deaths or something fun

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

rabidsquid posted:

his new passive is really good, and his passive + blight stacks are really good with hurricane.

essence reaver also rules and varus ult is loving great. in a game last night we used it on cooldown on a brand who ended up with 14 or 17 deaths or something fun

His new passive?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

His new passive?

Living Vengeance Passive - Living Vengeance

NEW BONUS ATTACK SPEED RATIO: +50% bonus attack speed on champion kill/assist (halved for minion/monster kills)
DURATION: 6 seconds for champion proc, 3 seconds for minion/monster proc ⇒ 5 seconds in both cases

you have way more attack speed basically all of the time now

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean, in my opinion he has the worst passive in the game, regardless of buffs or not. I watched qtpie dominate lane with Varus last night and still be completely useless because Varus can't DPS for poo poo and just gets flashed on and murdered after taking bot tower

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Varus pairs up so well with some comps though. Like any team with a Varus and a Lux is just impossible to engage on because of the hurt they can lay down from so far.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Just played into a team with Ivern and Soraka; hour long game because holy poo poo we could not get any poke to stick or even get a pick. Even though we just barely won in the end I hated every moment of that game, just awful and frustrating and completely unfun. Our fault for not banning Ivern I guess but I honestly never see him in silver flex so I just forgot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Teikanmi posted:

I mean, in my opinion he has the worst passive in the game, regardless of buffs or not. I watched qtpie dominate lane with Varus last night and still be completely useless because Varus can't DPS for poo poo and just gets flashed on and murdered after taking bot tower

he's top three in adc win rate right now and the crit build does fine damage?

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
I've been having fun running Varus+Vel'koz with a friend. Tons of poke and level 6 is a pretty free kill.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

I'd chalk that up to small sample size more than him being good.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
There are a shitton of adc Varus games being played, the sample size isn't small at all

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The passive change was really good and he's getting a lot of play in high elo now

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

all the new champs from 2016 are good and fun except for Camille who's some sort of manifestation of all the jokes people make about new champion kits.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Kled's unmounted taunt spam makes up for all his internet monkey cheese humor. :colbert:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Tales of Woe posted:

all the new champs from 2016 are good and fun except for Camille who's some sort of manifestation of all the jokes people make about new champion kits.

I feel like she's the third or fourth iteration of the amalgamation of kit jokes

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
today i learned that jinx rockets are not a static 600 range and, what the gently caress

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Orv posted:

Kled's unmounted taunt spam makes up for all his internet monkey cheese humor. :colbert:

I like Kled because he reminds me of the people I grew up around.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah, yeah those people exist.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
some days, things go well!

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2380395073/20473167

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Firebert posted:

There are a shitton of adc Varus games being played, the sample size isn't small at all

He's picked as an ADC less than 5% of the time and his best counter picks are Kalista and Lucian. He's a mid-tier ADC at best.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Lux is in nearly every game now and it's a pain in the rear end because even if she feeds her tits off all game, she can just spam at late game and win team fights just by hitting one or two skillshots out of twenty.

That and her binding hit box is loving gigantic compared to the animation in pretty much every skin.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Aphromoo with the average botlane experience.

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016

Teikanmi posted:

He's picked as an ADC less than 5% of the time and his best counter picks are Kalista and Lucian. He's a mid-tier ADC at best.

Too much masturbation causes bad eye sight.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Ya imo once he gets a kill/assist in teamfights he is like min Jinx. Jinx may have more dmg late game but Varus laning phase is basically god tier. He can even poo poo on Cait.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Primetime posted:

My favorite low elo logic is the "support isn't warding enough".

I was playing Elise support to see what it's like - but had a sightstone I was constantly using and a control wards out all game. This didn't stop my mid and jungler from yelling at me all game for not having enough vision.

And then when I sold my sightstone at 35 minutes to make room for my full build - while we had 3 enemy inhibs down and Baron - mid lux goes "can we have your nami support, at least she buys sightstone"

Pretty sure the only things Jinx loves are guns and explosions, and she feels bogged down Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun's insistence that two firearms are enough to keep her satisfied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Primetime posted:

My favorite low elo logic is the "support isn't warding enough".

I was playing Elise support to see what it's like - but had a sightstone I was constantly using and a control wards out all game. This didn't stop my mid and jungler from yelling at me all game for not having enough vision.

And then when I sold my sightstone at 35 minutes to make room for my full build - while we had 3 enemy inhibs down and Baron - mid lux goes "can we have your nami support, at least she buys sightstone"

Not that this is really the crux of your post or anything but late game it's actually probably most important to have your wards out because if your team just gets caught with it's pants down in the jungle there's probably enough time to just run it down mid and end the game.

• Locked thread