Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Exinos posted:

Anime, like Star Citizen, is bad.

Ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This was me when I was 8 years old and saw Chung Li's thighs.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Truga posted:

All this fish tank talk reminds me of a citizen some 3 years ago, that was really really mad the servers went down for a 24h maintenance/patch, because he was streaming his fishtank 24/7 on twitch and it was allegedly very popular and this was affecting production and furthermore :kingsley:

If I remember right, that stream back then (October or November) was actually mostly laid back. 2013 was the year when the lunatics were mostly only on the periphery rather than the majority. Unless there was *another* stream right after it you're thinking of...

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Citizens have spoken Chris. Make it so.

:laugh:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm trying to imagine how they would do a linux client, it runs badly enough under Windows, an opengl port would be horrific.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Yes, good job keeping the rest of the poll up, I'm sure it was just the comments which people were loving about in, the rest of your results will still be credible...

his nibs posted:

Citizens have spoken Chris. Make it so.

:laugh:

Oh.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ewe2 posted:

I'm trying to imagine how they would do a linux client, it runs badly enough under Windows, an opengl port would be horrific.

Before I refunded there were still people regularly posting in the "linux client any moment now" thread lmao

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I laugh every time I see this.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

When spending an hour blowing up your ships is more fun than playing the game

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Truga posted:

Before I refunded there were still people regularly posting in the "linux client any moment now" thread lmao

The very idea that they could adapt this...thing to other platforms is hilarious.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ewe2 posted:

The very idea that they could adapt this...thing to other platforms is hilarious.

Just gotta layer the Xbox code on top bro , trust in our saviour Crisp Robbers

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
they can just farm it out to a porting developer no problem, they're geniuses at getting contractors to do the easy stuff

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

starkebn posted:

they can just farm it out to a porting developer no problem, they're geniuses at getting contractors to do the easy stuff

The funny part is they have 300+ employees. And I bet 99% of the actual work is done by contractors , illfonic was a good example , and turbulent is another one

Any of the actual art work is clearly done off shore. Since the only thing cig can produce are trace jobs and archerisms

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NgjtbUFuqg&t=9s

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
That poll page somehow got me linked back to this... https://www.redacted.tv/star-citizen-roadmap-releases-now-2017/

October 11th

2 major releases, some minor ones!

Any week now!

:eyepop:

3.0 by Christmas!
Squadron 42 demo!
& much, much more!

Seriously, if they ever go back and look at what they thought would happen, how the gently caress do the reconcile that with reality?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Stop doxxing me!

<caresses his Nerf Vulcan> It's okay, baby, they didn't mean anything. Shhhh, shhhhh, it's alright, sweetie.

Nerf guns are hella cool, yo.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

loving lol.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5jvpmi/the_fish_are_back_item_port_system_is_implemented/

The free fish got accidentally removed.

Shitizens get the loving message lol.

Star Citizen: So long and thanks for all the granted fish

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:rip: steam

Feels like it's been a long time since a sale killed their servers. Or maybe I just don't pay as much attention to them lately.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Pilz posted:

(serious answer incoming)

Stuff like this can be very expensive. That thing's 149 cm tall, so it's huge, and people will generally pay out the nose for collector's items anyway. Plus it might come painted, which in this case would mean hand-painted by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

No, no, like i've said, it makes more sense if it's 1:1.
I originally thought it was like 1:19 or something.

(although even so, that's nuts, albeit an order of magnitude less nuts)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly, I'd argue it's an order of magnitude more nuts. Where are you going to even put that poo poo.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

:rip: steam

Feels like it's been a long time since a sale killed their servers. Or maybe I just don't pay as much attention to them lately.

It's India's first steam sale and that's at least another 10 million customers.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Xaerael posted:

My time watching that piece of poo poo can be boiled down to "I waited for something clever to happen and it didn't".

I don't even get why people fantard over the characters. They're the blandest most shallow predictable tedious characters since Wing Commander: the movie. If people need wankbank fanservice, fine. But I'm pretty sure there's better things to praise.

You really don't get why people obsess over these characters?

This is like the literal textbook image for the "Anime Waifu" section in the DSM-V

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

(real answer)

Because pervy tardos like Clifford exist. The price is "right" for the work done/materials cost, but no one needs this sort of thing in their life. Plus Re:Zero was poo poo, and the sooner people realise that the better.

It's not really "right", considering Sideshow Collectibles, for example, sells licensed Star Wars 1:1 figures for 7-8 kilobucks.
But it's not outrageously outrageous - just outrageous.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Confirmed, anime is bad.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mokinokaro posted:

It's India's first steam sale and that's at least another 10 million customers.

Nice! I'm always glad when more people get easier access to games, games own. :3:

Also, Rem and Ram own.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Xarbala posted:

Oh no I'm not gonna get honeypotted into talking about anime in this, the star citizen thread

:henget:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Nuh uh.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Poll guy is now quite salty at the thread responses:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

quote:

have mained her obsessively even though I was bad with her at the start

But... but... that is not how you play Overwatch ya dingus :argh:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

Honestly, I'd argue it's an order of magnitude more nuts. Where are you going to even put that poo poo.

If you're Clifford a.k.a Miku, in your bed, probably.
Or under it when you have guests. Unless the tits get stuck on the bed frame.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This is like the literal textbook image for the "Anime Waifu" section in the DSM-V
which one is an idris and which one is a javelin, I cant masturbate to anything unless its ship based anymore

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Fat Shat Sings posted:

That's a loving picasso level of facial feature deconstruction right there.
It's creepy is what it is.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Exinos posted:

Confirmed, anime is bad.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Decrepus posted:

This was me when I was 8 years old and saw Chung Li's thighs.

Please don't share in the future, TIA.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
http://www.whompcomic.com/comic/the-fray-of-the-dodo

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
My I5 2500k finally exploded today after 6 years of being the best CPU I've ever had. What's the best chip to replace it with so that I can return to the 'verse once more?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/cults/comments/5jwb0m/meta_has_gaming_become_a_cult_star_citizens_fans/

Explosion of shitizen cultists in 3....2.....1......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Whomp is just so great in general.