Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spermanent Record posted:

My I5 2500k finally exploded today after 6 years of being the best CPU I've ever had. What's the best chip to replace it with so that I can return to the 'verse once more?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117643

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

owie

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wrecked Angle posted:

Seriously, if they ever go back and look at what they thought would happen, how the gently caress do the reconcile that with reality?

Have you forgotten :holymoley:'s meltdown?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That might be just enough to get you 20 fps in the verse.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Is it really that hard to make a Crysis mod FPS game that doesn't crash when you hit the tab key?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

My I5 2500k finally exploded today after 6 years of being the best CPU I've ever had. What's the best chip to replace it with so that I can return to the 'verse once more?

On a serious note, I also recently suffered the demise of my beloved i5 2500k, looked around for suitable socket replacements but couldn't find anything of the same calibre as the awesome 2500k.

So went for an i5 6600k and a decentish mobo, Asus Z170 pro gaming board with 16gb of ddr4 corsair ram (go for 3200mhz stuff). Shop around but the whole lot should cost around £400. :)

Hope I helped a bit :)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

BeefThief posted:

Is it really that hard to make a Crysis mod FPS game that doesn't crash when you hit the tab key?
They just don't make the tab keys the way they used to.

Also, it got harder to hack crash reports and replace error messages with in-lore text.
This could actually be a project: rewrite SC crash messages to be in-lore.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I have an old one I can give you ,it's been sitting beside my desk since I upgraded

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BeefThief posted:

No. It takes about 5 minutes if you follow the step-by-step instructions closely.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

BeefThief posted:

Whine whine whine. I got the tab key to not-crash by a simple registry hack, that ought to increase my error reporting efficiency by close to 13%

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Whine whine whine. I got the tab key to not-crash by a simple registry hack, that ought to increase my error reporting efficiency by close to 13%

The shitizens are very devoted to reporting how lovely the game is, tis true

e: I finally played for 15 whole minutes without crashing and having to restart my entire machine, and IT IS AWESOME!!!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I just wrote an autohotkey script to trap the tab key so whenever I press it instead of crashing the game it posts "keep doing what you're doing" on the spectrum

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

which one is an idris and which one is a javelin, I cant masturbate to anything unless its ship based anymore

They are twins, but the one in the right had bigger tits (and a horn). Guess which one is the most popular waifu of 2016.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

lol

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tab key locusts.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Any word from CIG? Im guessing the germans are gone for the rest of the year already. The british are following suit. The texans are heading out for lunch hoping for sweet sweet release and at LA you have an intern writing the apology letter while Croberts and co are doing a video about all their sacrifices they have to do to get their tech demo to version 2.6

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Is it illegal to work on Christmas in the EU? Aside from essential services of course. Or can they just pay super double triple overtime.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/812329222924599297
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/812329519835127808

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Truga posted:

Honestly, I'd argue it's an order of magnitude more nuts. Where are you going to even put that poo poo.

Presumably the bedroom is empty.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/812294144844505093
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/812300290728796160

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

hello

this probably won't be reposted or seen anywhere or cared about but whatever
  • I donated less than a half a completionist package would cost to a local shelter awhile back
  • I hated how my area shelter was a kill shelter but the Huntington Beach one wasn't
  • they invited me to an Xmas thing and presented me with a giant framed picture of all the dogs and cats I saved
  • I cried like a baby
  • I've donated a few bucks here and there to try and make the world a better place
  • I hope
  • and I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money because I drink too much and buy dumb computer games I don't ever even play
  • but if you're 4 or 5 figures deep into this loving dumb game
  • realize, for just a second, how much good you can bring to the world
  • not intangible, "oh whats one good deed" poo poo
  • but a difference you can see, feel and snuggle on occasion
Happy Holidays

I don't donate to a regular charity but I donate to random stuff. I've also been a first responder to natural disasters in a lot of instances by organizing a charity drive and supplies and loading up a huge truck and then going to the problem areas and giving out supplies directly to who needs stuff. It's nice and it feels good to do things like that. It is expensive though so I can only do one or two a year. But hey, merry Christmas to all. :)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I consider giving money to Crobblers a worthwhile charity because once the Star Citizen Life Simulator is complete it will allow phsyically and mentally disabled people, such as myself, to live out their wildest fantasies of participating in society by having any number of soul-crushing jobs; such as space stewardess, space insurance claims adjuster and space miner

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 23, 2016

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Star Marine was already in the game, what the gently caress did they just release

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

It was already more lethal than call of duty

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Phi230 posted:

Well you see I used powdered cinnamon, cointreau instead of lemon, rum, and some amaretto

Da gently caress

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

BeefThief posted:

Please don't post again until your understand video game development

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

BeefThief posted:

You're asking the wrong question.

Why did keyboard manufacturers make a tab key they knew would cause harm to Chris Roberts magnum opus? This is pretty clearly a ploy by big publishers to thwart CIG from inevitably destroying them.

They just keep exploiting all of these multitudes of Achilles Heels because they are evil.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

BeefThief posted:

Star Marine was already in the game, what the gently caress did they just release

The development is recursive, duh.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

neonbregna posted:

Please don't post again until your understand video game development

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tokamak posted:

New PTU patch, still not on live.

- They implemented the new item system for the fish tank, so now you can put fish in it again.
- They removed the 'tab' keybind. It now doesn't do anything.
- No leaderboards (They should just pretend it wasn't supposed to have one).
- Still need to restart client to get a new lobby invite.
- Appears to have fixed the error bugs from two patches ago.

Only one really bad problem? gently caress it, this one's going live tomorrow.

Yeah, so I have to reboot the world's slowest loading game over and over for online play, but I can have alien fish! LANDING SUCCESFL!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

Good. Eat poo poo, Valve.

Gotta admit, I was a little underwhelmed. I bought a game a couple of years ago I have NEVER been able to play once. Can I get a refund from Steam on it? Nope. Too long.

Excuse me, Valve? You didn't HAVE refunds when I bought it!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, so I have to reboot the world's slowest loading game over and over for online play, but I can have alien fish! LANDING SUCCESFL!

You ! What is your job here ?

Uhh sir I'm the lead spaceship developer

And YOU !! What's your loving excuse ?

Me sir I'm a character artist , we're really working super hard to get everything out before Christmas

Who the .... you !! Yes you hiding in the corner what do you do ?

Uh me I uhh mister crobb... I mean Mr Roberts sir I'm working on the fish tank code

Excellent good job give this man a promotion , Ben you're fired

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheLightPurges posted:

Is it illegal to work on Christmas in the EU? Aside from essential services of course. Or can they just pay super double triple overtime.

I think that depends entirely on the country. Around here, it's just a whole bunch of overtime, same as any other holiday.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

You ! What is your job here ?

Uhh sir I'm the lead spaceship developer

And YOU !! What's your loving excuse ?

Me sir I'm a character artist , we're really working super hard to get everything out before Christmas

Who the .... you !! Yes you hiding in the corner what do you do ?

Uh me I uhh mister crobb... I mean Mr Roberts sir I'm working on the fish tank code

Excellent good job give this man a promotion , Ben you're fired

But, sir, we CAN'T GET BEN OUT OF THE CHAIR! HE JUST WON'T GO!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

I think that depends entirely on the country. Around here, it's just a whole bunch of overtime, same as any other holiday.

I believe most countries are similar to here in Canada. It's illegal to work unless you're in certain essential industries like medical care or other emergency services.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sad day, I already got to the end of this big shitposty thread.

It really is weird seeing steam down. drat you India!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Raskolnikov posted:

Sad day, I already got to the end of this big shitposty thread.

It really is weird seeing steam down. drat you India!

even breaking news on RT lol!
its worldwide I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I guess they didn't make the 22nd. I wonder if they'll throw on another arbitrary extension to the schedule graph, or just leave it.