Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You are the last person on earth to criticize someone else's grammar/spelling holy poo poo.

And since you need it spelled out again; your 'what have you done' defense is the laziest, stupidest way to go about criticism. If someone criticizes something of mine (even harsh/cruelly!) my first instinct is to engage them respectfully to figure out why they didn't like it and what I need to improve on. You think you're rolling with the punches here but you're really coming off like an entitled baby.

Please calm down,

We are having civilized discussion here, he asked us about references because we are a game developer, it is a legit question and I replied, he/she introduced himself as a professional writer, i am asking the same so does it work only one way here ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hyperdevbox posted:

Please calm down,

We are having civilized discussion here, he asked us about references because we are a game developer, it is a legit question and I replied, he/she introduced himself as a professional writer, i am asking the same so does it work only one way here ?

He's not trying to launch a videogame crowdfunding campaign so yes it does only work one here.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

gently caress off

people here, i dont know why, are giving you great advice for free. you came here asking for money and all you got to show is not even a proof of concept.

https://www.patreon.com/CloudMeadow these guys in patreon are doing a better job in showing his smut game than you, so called, professionals.

Please stay polite !

That seems like a nice project but I don't see any working build...just 2D Photoshop images mock up, we are far more advanced in the game development that they seem to be... but there is no competition here , we wish them good luck !

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He's not trying to launch a videogame crowdfunding campaign

you don't know that !!

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He's not trying to launch a videogame crowdfunding campaign so yes it does only work one here.

Finally, we got to the bottom of this, we are not allowed to communicate because we are doing a crowdfunding campaign, certainly we cannot change this fact, yes we do have a crowdfunding campaign running.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
that is literally the most obnoxious reply

homie don't get it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Finally, we got to the bottom of this, we are not allowed to communicate because we are doing a crowdfunding campaign, certainly we cannot change this fact, yes we do have a crowdfunding campaign running.

Huh?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
if the rest of the team can read this, you need to replace the person who is typing out the replies with someone else, just toss someone else in that chair and see if they can do a better job

that's a freebie, any more advice is billable at $40 an hour fyi

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE NAZIS?
How dare you make a game, fucker .

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i came here for juicy screenies, this is more than i ever bargained for

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hyperdevbox posted:

Please stay polite !

That seems like a nice project but I don't see any working build...just 2D Photoshop images mock up, we are far more advanced in the game development that they seem to be... but there is no competition here , we wish them good luck !

they have already alphas on the patreon, im sorry for being rude!

:alexa:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Please do not be rude to the devs of Guillotine Simulator 2K17.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

im sorry for being rude!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/125437560418865152

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
christ is that real? i love it

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
So far I consider this campaign a success!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

They're sure to crack 1% any day now!!

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Public relations? More like public revulsions!

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They're sure to crack 1% any day now!!

It's gonna be close! Maybe they should insult some more potential customers?

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
How can this be so poo poo.
The game doesn't even exist in any form and i already hate it.

A new paradigm in both game developement and marketing

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Boy and for awhile I was wondering if it was still necessary to keep this thread as a sticky but I'm sure glad we went this far, it keeps getting better!

Anyway $30 is kind of a high pricepoint to back, I think for this sort of thing $20 is probably as high as you should go, $15 would possibly hit that impulse price range but $30 is too big a buy-in. I think the only Kickstarters I see with that high pricepoint are big games by established names.

Why did you go with IGG anyway? I don't have an account and I think not going on KS will limit your potential audience.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

At this point I really want to know who at hyperdevbox had the brilliant idea to post this here.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I'm seriously reconsidering picking up the code to my guillotine generator, hooking it up to an image scaler and palate swapper (a JRPG staple!!!) and make an idle game about breeding guillotines. I was able to get the bare bones of it up and running in about 20 minutes, so this should be able to come out before a gameplay demo from hyperdevbox.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Schurik posted:

At this point I really want to know who at hyperdevbox had the brilliant idea to post this here.

He called himself Ron in the original thread he made here so apparently the guy doing the soundtrack.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hyperdevbox posted:

Post an exact similar gameplay video made by you using your favorite game framework and with your original character design, I just cannot wait to see your "0 gameplay" for next week ^^

challenge accccccepted

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Hey hyperdevbox, I'm Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario and basically the savior of video games. I've created tons of games and engines and graphics - I've been involved in pretty much every facet of video game development (source). I think my credentials are more than suitable for me to tell you your game and your crowdsourcing campaign don't look all that great.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Indiegogo? more like nogogo IMO.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

hyperdevbox posted:

KingSlime posted:

Source: Am a professional/technical writer whose clients understand how important it is to deliver clear, consice messages when it comes to communciating with people whose money you want, and when marketing/pitching your game.

"consice" and "communciating" .... yes, please keep the good work Mr professional/technical writer !

As Hyperdevbox Japan, we have an official public website where details about past published games are available, ...now what about you ? who are you ? Please kindly link some of your earlier projects so we can check the result of your past campaigns, maybe that will boost your credibility more than any of your post in here...

I too have created a website using wordpress. I was considering applying to one of the open positions, but unfortunately my experience does not overlap well with your requirements. I hope that we can all communicate in good faith regarding Thermidor and Thermidor screenies.

One thing to keep in mind: An individual doesn't need to be Shakespeare to realize a play is good or maybe bad. This also applies to other creative projects.

I have to agree with some other posters, it looks like the game is a very preliminary state of production. The screenies shown are certainly in no way juicy.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Lol at people itt honestly engaging the amine shovelware gamedev.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

grate deceiver posted:

:eyepop:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

grate deceiver posted:

wow that is just taking it to another level, please don't harrass the High Quality Developer with your pedestrian bullshit

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

hyperdevbox posted:

Please calm down,

I actually understand your request but it still needs to be kept at an adequate level, don't you think? I mean, if you were hiring somebody to sell fruit at your banana stand you woldn't be asking them to show their MBA in economics... So I'd say in this case maybe a certificate of finishing primary school would suffice?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

garfield hentai posted:

Hey hyperdevbox, I'm Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario and basically the savior of video games. I've created tons of games and engines and graphics - I've been involved in pretty much every facet of video game development (source). I think my credentials are more than suitable for me to tell you your game and your crowdsourcing campaign don't look all that great.

This sounds good and all but these guys have a Kickstarter and has a very successful games they have made but are to secret to link. Also a I hear their game has guillotines.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Please stop shittalking the heavyweight team behind Pocket Pool and Real Snowglobe tia

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

This sounds good and all but these guys have a Kickstarter and has a very successful games they have made but are to secret to link. Also a I hear their game has guillotines.

A "kickstarter"? Whatever are you on about? There is no mention of this "kickstarter" you speak of *anywhere*, so maybe learn to read and stop insinuating.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I heard that this game will be partially crowdfunded and the rest of the development costs will be provided with unobtrusive product placement, confirm/deny?

http://i.imgur.com/L30L0mt.mp4

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Anticheese posted:

I'm seriously reconsidering picking up the code to my guillotine generator, hooking it up to an image scaler and palate swapper (a JRPG staple!!!) and make an idle game about breeding guillotines. I was able to get the bare bones of it up and running in about 20 minutes, so this should be able to come out before a gameplay demo from hyperdevbox.

Get this up on kickstarter. See if you can beat hyperdevbox.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Please stop shittalking the heavyweight team behind Pocket Pool and Real Snowglobe tia

whoa whoa, back up, the Real Snowglobe!? wow didn't realize we were dealing with videogame royalty here . . .

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Anticheese posted:

If you get any sort of interactive version of this playable I'll give you a custom platinum icon next to your forums name and a big av of choice.

This goes for anybody who attempts to create a game revolving around playable guillotines. Let's get a guillotine-themed game jam going people!

Palpek fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
My GAME is essential hang man but with HISTORICAL ACCURACY guillotine not rope and I haven't IMPLEMENTED letters yet, you should shut mouthe, then pay me to continue with development.

• Locked thread