Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

glam rock hamhock posted:

Well this is an underwhelming flash sale

Seems like someone says this whenever AAA games go on deep discount. I'll take this kind of sale any day.

edit: also holy poo poo Kings Quest is still in development? I gave up on that ages ago.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Well they've got Tokyo Ghost Hunters marked down. Is that any good? I've heard it's mediocre but just how mediocre is it?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

There's some stuff from my wish list on there, of course the sale will be over before I find out I didn't get any of them :smith:

Lol that they think the Marvel Ultimate Alliance bundle is worth $60 retail and $40 separately tho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I heard the MUA ports were pretty bad too, does anyone know if they got fixed or weren't that bad?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Wow, this is the worst flash sale they've had in a long time. That could have been part of the normal weekly sale. I expected a lot better for the Christmas flash sale.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I heard the MUA ports were pretty bad too, does anyone know if they got fixed or weren't that bad?

Don't take this as gospel because it's also going by hearsay, but I was under the impression a lot of the issues were things that were there to begin with.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Also this flash sale is garbo and I'd rather have a bunch of slightly older but still quality games on sale for cheap than new games that are still priced at a decent chunk of change.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

...! posted:

Wow, this is the worst flash sale they've had in a long time. That could have been part of the normal weekly sale. I expected a lot better for the Christmas flash sale.

Someone post battlebornflashsale.jpg please

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Seems like someone says this whenever AAA games go on deep discount. I'll take this kind of sale any day.

edit: also holy poo poo Kings Quest is still in development? I gave up on that ages ago.

Kind of. Kings Quest just finished. All the episodes are out.l

I'm tempted to grab WoFF but I know the disc will be cheaper on Amazon soon enough.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 23, 2016

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Did someone at Sony gently caress up, or does this flash sale seriously not have PS+ discounts on top of the normal discount? I don't think I've ever seen them do that before.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

oops wrong one

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Has anyone tried Slain?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CowboyAndy posted:

Has anyone tried Slain?

the back from hell version is supposedly a fun game.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

the back from hell version is supposedly a fun game.

Yeah, I saw that version on sale for the ps4, but wasn't sure if anyone played it yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Slain is decent if you're after an old school hardcore Castlevania type game, but it goes a bit too hard on 'haha this is going to kill you a lot' stuff, whereas the games it's emulating seemed more tough but fair.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Oof. I think I'll stick with Castlevania then.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

When do I get Castlevainia SOTN for PS4?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whenever Konami start giving a poo poo again.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:ohdear:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You have a better chance of Sony finally giving up and just putting PS1 games on PS4 than Konami actually giving a poo poo.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
A remastered SotN seems like a no brainer but of course Konami will probably never do it.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
hell, just the version that was on PSP it's own download (or even making the PSP game TV compatiable) would be great.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

you'll probably get a really badass trailer for a SOTN pachinko game at some point, at least.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, the PSP had some cool games that no one played because they were on the PSP. It's worse that he companies that made them (especially Capcom) took them flipping as a sign to never try again. What I wouldn't give for them to finally make Mega Man Powered Up 2 or at least just a port of Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

A remastered SotN seems like a no brainer but of course Konami will probably never do it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

It even has David Hayter, the ultimate gently caress you Konami project

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Real hurthling! posted:

I said worst in a long time, not worst ever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

...! posted:

I said worst in a long time, not worst ever.

That was like 3 monthes ago

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES
Is Kings Quest worth it for $15?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Cozmosis posted:

Yes? More so if you liked the older computer games. It's got charm but it's not great. I paid full price and my wife loved playing through it, but I can't say that everyone will have the same experience.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yes? More so if you liked the older computer games. It's got charm but it's not great. I paid full price and my wife loved playing through it, but I can't say that everyone will have the same experience.

On the other hand, the company behind it has done some lovely poo poo, like taking the money they got to do a Homestuck game and spending it on King's Quest instead, or something to that effect.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Cozmosis posted:

I too paid full price and enjoyed the old school adventure game goodness. It's like comfort food. If you have ever played and enjoyed the old games, you will absolutely get a kick out of these.

On the other hand If you've not played the originals I'd recommend watching some YouTube of them before you pull the trigger.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

taking the money they got to do a Homestuck game and spending it on King's Quest instead,

Good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

On the other hand, the company behind it has done some lovely poo poo, like taking the money they got to do a Homestuck game and spending it on King's Quest instead, or something to that effect.
Win/win

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Undertale came out though

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
undertale is a bad game

i bought MUA from the flash sale because it was one of my favorite games last gen and also because it is one of 5 games that are actually couch co op and my girlfriend lives the marvels

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
PlayStation Plus 12 Month Subscription Card (Digital Delivery) $41.99 USD

USE PROMO CODE: HOT

Limited quantities.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I too paid full price and enjoyed the old school adventure game goodness. It's like comfort food. If you have ever played and enjoyed the old games, you will absolutely get a kick out of these.

On the other hand If you've not played the originals I'd recommend watching some YouTube of them before you pull the trigger.

Does the reboot also have thousands of ways to die, or did they realize how terrible that was in the old ones?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

That's a really good reason to support them by buying their game

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dewgy posted:

Does the reboot also have thousands of ways to die, or did they realize how terrible that was in the old ones?

Nahh it's more modern in the sense that you can't really lose the game. You just won't progress any further until you solve the puzzles. It's nothing groundbreaking at all but the story is charming enough and I never felt like it was a waste of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Who's dumb rear end idea was it to only allow you to restore your save game data if the game is installed on the PS4?

My ps+ expires tomorrow, so of course I'd install my new hard drive and only back up my saves to the cloud. I'm now installing every game I ever owned just so I can restore save files.

• Locked thread