Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Having lots of fun making this alpine park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Lovely work!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

How do people get it dark inside buildings without terraforming a bunch of land over it?

Are they just filming the video at nighttime?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This thread makes me realize how creatively bad I am and makes me wish there was more to the management and more scenarios so dummmms like me have more content. :smith:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This thread makes me realize how creatively bad I am and makes me wish there was more to the management and more scenarios so dummmms like me have more content. :smith:

Hey bad design friend :smith::hf::smith: I'm probably getting this game for Christmas and I'm definitely going to make extremely poo poo parks that nobody would ever want to visit just because they're so ugly. That has been my lot in life with city builders, theme park games, anything like that.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I'm just sat at this point waiting for random terrain generation cos flat parks are so uninspiring to me

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Watching a youtuber called Foxy Fern make Lego characters out of the art shapes. She's pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYtgLGfOo2c

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Can you not place lighting in career mode, because of the scenery limitations? That's a huge oversight

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Deep Winter posted:

For a other goon opinion, I'm playing the new RCT classic on an iPad and it's a fantastic port. You can zoom in like, all the way to almost individual tiles, which looks horrible, but should be useful on smaller screens. The controls are great.

Game even runs great on my hp touchpad running Nougat. Pretty awesome playing on such a large screen.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

HORMELCHILI posted:

Can you not place lighting in career mode, because of the scenery limitations? That's a huge oversight

There are career missions that don't even have text editable signs or other seemingly simple features available or researchable. You CAN place lighting in career mode, but only the lighting they allow you to have at the time, basically.

Also, reminder that a chunk of lights are in the "Building" section, not the "Scenery". For example "Colored event lights" are in Scenery. While "Colourable Area lights" and "Colourable flood lights" are in Building. I know the Pirate missions have those, at least (Maybe I had to research em?)

The consistency of what is "Scenery" decoration and what is "Building" decoration is often a bit iffy, so always check both categories. One of my favorite pirate animatronics, the Wall Mounted Cannon, is actually in buildings, not scenery. Unless the Xmas update added more, i think it is actually only triggerable in the Building section (Listed in Decorations/Misc)

I'm still more :saddowns: They didn't bother back-porting the patched in toys they were so happy to brag about to older missions. Pirate Cove now has the pizza and ice cream shop unlocked by default, but nothing else unlocked or able to be researched for example.

"gently caress yeah, Bumper cars!-Oh that's right I'm still not allowed to use them outside of Sandbox basically :sigh:"

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Scenery and Buildings should just be one section, with a snap to grid toggle option for everything.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

Woo, I finally finished my main Hole-er-coaster! Drill Destroyers is complete! All stats green!

Late quote, but this was cool!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
iOS RCT is sooooo goooood. I think what clearly separates it from Planet Coaster are the scenarios. They're all really fun and good, minus those dumb "finish these three roller coasters!" ones.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I got myself a Christmas present.

So far this is the best I've done, but I'm pretty happy with it. The only thing that's not just "Stick this thing on top of these other things" is the driftwood plank holding up the lantern strings in the middle, and I stuck a music speaker inside one of the barrels. Next time I'm definitely gonna stick the entertainer spot further back from the path, because he's right out there in the middle causing traffic jams.

Way Strong Pimphand
Feb 19, 2010
So I'm really diggin OpenRCT2, but it doesn't seem to fix all the pathing issues. Also, it seems that entertainers no longer make guests happy in long lines. Is anyone else having that problem?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
iOS RCT has fast simulation modes, its a christmas miracle :allears:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Having started watching Planet Coaster tutorial videos, YouTube has started serving me ads for both it and RCTW. Honestly the ads for RCTW are better produced and flashier, but show off less gameplay. If I didn't have this thread to guide me, I'd have a hard time picking between them.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Planet Coaster drives you to suicide due to how much better other people are at making parks in comparison to your own pathetic skills.

RCTW drives you to suicide because you would've had a much more entertaining time straight up burning your money than spending it on that poor excuse for a game

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
This is probably the most time I've spent on any single park so far and I'm still putting hours in it, I ended up going really heavy on the neon theme!

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Anyone playing Planet Coaster with an i5-3570? How does the game run for you?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

AceClown posted:

I'm just sat at this point waiting for random terrain generation cos flat parks are so uninspiring to me

Surely the workshop is full of landscape-only parks waiting to be built on? If not, someone should get on that.

Though one thing that is missing is a park border that is not simply "a square". RCT1 scenarios were so much more interesting because of their odd shapes.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Surely the workshop is full of landscape-only parks waiting to be built on? If not, someone should get on that.

Though one thing that is missing is a park border that is not simply "a square". RCT1 scenarios were so much more interesting because of their odd shapes.

The big square park border annoys me in sandboxes because I feel this pressure to fill up the park. I didn't have this feeling in RCT1/2.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Segmentation Fault posted:

Anyone playing Planet Coaster with an i5-3570? How does the game run for you?

I've got the K version with no overclock, never noticed anything dramatic.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I'm sure people are going to import RCT1 and 2 maps in PC at some point

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

I've got the K version with no overclock, never noticed anything dramatic.

Good to know. I'm upgrading my GPU to a GTX1060 and I've heard about performance issues within this game, I wanted to make sure that my aging CPU is still up to task like it is with most other games. I'm fully expecting Planet Coaster to do a lot more stuff with the CPU however.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

skooma512 posted:

I'm sure people are going to import RCT1 and 2 maps in PC at some point

This guy seems to be doing a fair job of that: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983488932/myworkshopfiles/?appid=493340&p=1&numperpage=30

Not many screenshots so it's tricky to tell, but he has at least included a rather faithful reproduction of the park entrance (whether he made it or not is another matter)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Good to know. I'm upgrading my GPU to a GTX1060 and I've heard about performance issues within this game, I wanted to make sure that my aging CPU is still up to task like it is with most other games. I'm fully expecting Planet Coaster to do a lot more stuff with the CPU however.

I got a 1060 last night. My frames went from 20 with a 760 to 60 on high on the career map.

My processor is a 2500k. Im sure this is CPU intensive and Ive yet to have a mature park, but it definitely helped

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It seems like a lot of slowdown happens for people when they load up on props/scenery which means that it probably is more GPU than you guys think, although yeah once you've got tons of guests CPU probably comes into play.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I have made a questionable decision.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I hope the ride up is free, but the ride down costs at least $10. Put an ATM up there to really milk those fuckers

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Apparently, guest AI isn't capable of doing that. Or at least they weren't on launch. I remember someone in this thread trying that but it wasn't working for them.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Apparently, guest AI isn't capable of doing that. Or at least they weren't on launch. I remember someone in this thread trying that but it wasn't working for them.
From my experience in playing the game it seems like the AI only cares about its next destination, and it'll make judgements along the way (I don't have enough money, go to ATM/pick new destination) (ride ticket is extortionate, pay and grumble or refuse to board and pick new destination) until it's gotten there and done that thing, and then it'll do the next thing it picks. The fact that you cannot leave the park while stranded up there literally doesn't factor in, because they're evaluating from available choices only, so they simply don't see Leave Park as a choice while they're up there.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
They do seem to recognize that Monorail > Iron Horse > Star Wheel is a valid path, but I think they have trouble riding the monorail through an empty but open station to get back to the entrance.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Here is my current park. I have sunk about 10 hours into it and it so far has 2 rides. GOTY.

I am really pleased with Trusty Friend's building bc it has a little walkable upstairs area with shops and, boy, lemme tell ya, getting paths to go down exactly where they are supposed to go down is the most difficult minigame them of all.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I'm digging that "They Live meets Akihabara" theme.

Mu. posted:

I am really pleased with Trusty Friend's building bc it has a little walkable upstairs area with shops and, boy, lemme tell ya, getting paths to go down exactly where they are supposed to go down is the most difficult minigame them of all.
Paths really need a 'include in building and lock to grid' mode.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You guys watched the NerdCubed pathing video, right? Has some relevant info.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oddball question. I play on lower graphics settings and there's a lot of texture flickering with overlapping objects. Is there a setting that I can increase that will eliminate the flickering or do I gotta just place everything correctly? Thanks!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Dareon posted:

I have made a questionable decision.

How high up/down can you go? I was thinking about making a park made up of floating islands around a central tower if I ever got this game.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Oddball question. I play on lower graphics settings and there's a lot of texture flickering with overlapping objects. Is there a setting that I can increase that will eliminate the flickering or do I gotta just place everything correctly? Thanks!

The second one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souichiro
Aug 31, 2003

You should focus on doing the things only you can do.
I'm slowly figuring out how to use the building tools. Would kill for letter shapes though, not just signs.
And being able to bake paths into blueprints.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=830670373