Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

oddium posted:

hey what up, vapegamers.fam here to review the latest hitman dlc, Hokkaido

pros:
+ some of the patients vape as part of their idle animation
+ massive rips from what i've seen. it's cold in hokkaido though so it might be their breath
+ one patient smuggles in analogue tobacco and coincidentally is there for a lung transplant. preach it io

cons:
- patients use an unspecified juice (they should try my crunch berries mix)
- 47 cannot personally float some pillowy clouds

overall we're going to give this 8 ohms out of 10. stay safe vape nation

wait isnt less ohms better in vaping?!?

VideoGames posted:

My favourite one :D

Instead I played some Overwatch and in my free winter crate I got the icy Pharah skin, so I am happy!

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the ohm rating scale is misleading, we're working on it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

My favourite one :D

Instead I played some Overwatch and in my free winter crate I got the icy Pharah skin, so I am happy!

I want the nutcracker Zenyatta skin so badly but apparently not badly enough to either spend money or play the requisite amount of Overwatch so I will have to live without it :smith:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Thanks for the advice, I'll start a new file and try to pick the good Witcher 2 choices, I guess. I've only gone through the tutorial and it seems like it's mostly skippable, plus, I could probably stand to go through it again. There's a lot to take in at the beginning, but mostly in a good way, so far.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

oddium posted:

hey what up, vapegamers.fam here to review the latest hitman dlc, Hokkaido

pros:
+ some of the patients vape as part of their idle animation
+ massive rips from what i've seen. it's cold in hokkaido though so it might be their breath
+ one patient smuggles in analogue tobacco and coincidentally is there for a lung transplant. preach it io

cons:
- patients use an unspecified juice (they should try my crunch berries mix)
- 47 cannot personally float some pillowy clouds

overall we're going to give this 8 ohms out of 10. stay safe vape nation

I'm playing Sapienza and I found a joint on the cliffside near the speedboat. A lonely joint without a home. I'll get someone to smoke it on my next playthrough. And then steal their clothes when they pass out.

Also my new favourite weapon is cans of expired pasta sauce. I've been dropping everybody beaning them with those cans.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I looked up the questions and I'm confused by them, so I guess I'll go back and choose the default state, hopefully it won't kill anybody cool.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I looked up the questions and I'm confused by them, so I guess I'll go back and choose the default state, hopefully it won't kill anybody cool.

Go through the questions and pick whichever answers you want, but don't kill Letho. He's the only character who can die in Witcher 2 who can also show up in 3 and is cool enough to want to see again. There's I think one more character who could die in 2 and show up in 3 if she doesn't, but she has such a small (and kinda depressing) part in 3 that it doesn't matter. Just keep Letho around, he's cool. (Even then, though, he has a small part in Witcher 3 and you'll probably only think he's particularly interesting if you played 2, and you could easily miss him because he's only in a side quest anyway, so even then it doesn't really matter :v:)

Most of the Witcher 2 choices have very little effect--the stories of the two games aren't particularly connected--so legit just pick whatever you want.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 23, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks for the advice, I'll start a new file and try to pick the good Witcher 2 choices, I guess. I've only gone through the tutorial and it seems like it's mostly skippable, plus, I could probably stand to go through it again. There's a lot to take in at the beginning, but mostly in a good way, so far.

i don't think the choices scene comes until after white orchard so if you picked Simulate you'll get it after that

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Harrow posted:

Girlfriend's brother brought his PS4 with him for Christmas, so I get to play the Nier: Automata demo now instead of waiting until I'm home in a week and a half, hooray :v:

Also Gravity Rush 2. I never played the first one but it looks like it's a lot of fun.

Gravity Rush 2 looks fun and has a nice art style but it suffers so badly from not being 60 fps, especially playing it right after Nier 2 which is smooth as silk.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

chumbler posted:

Gravity Rush 2 looks fun and has a nice art style but it suffers so badly from not being 60 fps, especially playing it right after Nier 2 which is smooth as silk.

I'm glad they nailed 60 fps with Nier: Automata, though I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything else from a game with Platinum-designed combat. (Then again, Bayonetta's PS3 version...) I'm waiting for my girlfriend's brother to set up his PS4 so I can play the demo. It looks extremely good.

I never actually played the first Nier, though I know enough about it (thanks to The Dark Id's LP) to know I'll probably dig its (apparently not direct) sequel.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So if I have a DS4 wirelessly paired to my PS4, but then physically plug it in to my Steam Link, will it just work for the Steam Link until I unplug it then magically be paired with the PS4 again

Or would I have to re-pair it and I'd be better off buying a second DS4

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't know about the Steam Link, but when I used my DS4 with my PC, I had to re-pair it with my PS4 afterwards.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive heard DMC3 is kinda assy to get working right on the PC version but hopefully it all works out for me because it was 5 dollars and Ive always wanted to play it and 4.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Harrow posted:

I don't know about the Steam Link, but when I used my DS4 with my PC, I had to re-pair it with my PS4 afterwards.
Hawrblarg I don't wanna spend money on yet another freaking DS4, I've already got one for PS4 and one... for... PC....

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

well evidently I'm not a very smart human being

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Hawrblarg I don't wanna spend money on yet another freaking DS4, I've already got one for PS4 and one... for... PC....

Hah, I was going to say, if you didn't already have another DS4, I ended up getting an Xbox One controller for my PC and I love the hell out of it. It's one of the newer model controllers where the shoulder buttons don't feel like total garbage. I got a wireless one because I figured I'd rather just get a big HDMI cable than a Steam Link to play PC games on my TV and it's really good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harrow posted:

I'm glad they nailed 60 fps with Nier: Automata, though I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything else from a game with Platinum-designed combat. (Then again, Bayonetta's PS3 version...) I'm waiting for my girlfriend's brother to set up his PS4 so I can play the demo. It looks extremely good.

I never actually played the first Nier, though I know enough about it (thanks to The Dark Id's LP) to know I'll probably dig its (apparently not direct) sequel.

It is as close a direct sequel as nier fans would expect. Only 14000 years later than 1. Nier is famous for the intro ending with "3000 * years later." Before chapter 1

*forgot real number

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

Hey for the price of a DS4 you could get three more Steam Links

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Harrow posted:

Hah, I was going to say, if you didn't already have another DS4, I ended up getting an Xbox One controller for my PC and I love the hell out of it. It's one of the newer model controllers where the shoulder buttons don't feel like total garbage. I got a wireless one because I figured I'd rather just get a big HDMI cable than a Steam Link to play PC games on my TV and it's really good.

I actually have an XB1 controller collecting dust in a moving box somewhere, yeah. It was my former PC controller before I realized I much prefer the overall feel of the DS4 (for reasons I can't quite actually identify if I'm honest).

I bought the Steam Link specifically to replace the "long rear end HDMI and powered USB cables" solution. Works pretty great, honestly, as long as both the PC and the link are on ethernet (and ethernet over power is decidedly not good enough).

(ed) Still annoyed that I got suckered in to the steam controller, though. That thing is rear end

(ed again) I should see if I can find one of those wireless DS4 adapters tonight, actually.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 23, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am surprisingly happy with my Steam Link and Controller. The steam controller is better than I thought it would be. I'd place it second alongside my DS4 but only just. I love the buttons on the back!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

My problems with the steam controller are partially subjective feel but mostly that the "d-pad" is utterly worthless for just about anything. Dare you to try playing Shantae or Shovel Knight with that thing :v:

The grip "buttons" are a pretty great idea though, I'll give them that

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Ive heard DMC3 is kinda assy to get working right on the PC version but hopefully it all works out for me because it was 5 dollars and Ive always wanted to play it and 4.

DMC3 is winning as hell but parts of it are frustratingly dated already

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The whole series is that way imo. You have to get used to some janky rear end controls to get good at the DMC games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

As much as I like Clover/Platinum's games I could never get into DMC. The world, the controls, the characters... Just not rad.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was gonna say, thats DMC in a nutshell. Which reminds me I need to finish DMC4

Edit: ^ the world and the characters are like, painfully Japanese videogame anime. I love it. The controls are just so sharp and tight.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Granted, they're fun when you do eventually get the hang of it, but my Nero playthrough of DMC4 was a disaster because I spent half the time going "what are half these buttons even for"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Snak posted:

Edit: ^ the world and the characters are like, painfully Japanese videogame anime.

That's a really broad umbrella. I could say the same thing about Godhand, but that game's entire vibe is completely different.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
DMC1 and 3 are definitely not as tight as Bayonetta or Revengeance, but I actually do like 3 a whole lot. It's really where the Style system starts to shine, and having the rival character be your brother adds a lot of real weight to the game's story. It's great

I should pick up DMC4 Special Edition for PS4 at some point tho

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DMC4 SE is really good. Lady, Trish, and Vergil are a lot of fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the only thing i don't like about dmc games are the forced camera angles. by the time 4 came out it really felt outdated

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoMemo/status/812385097504718850

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nier: Automata demo on Hard turns out to be... actually pretty hard. I wish I could actually save at some point. I died to what I'm pretty sure is the last boss.

The normal little enemies who do the wheel-arm attack do insane damage on Hard, don't they? Like if you get hit once you're probably burning through two Small Recoveries at least.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'll take the DMC style controls over the Platinum games dial a combo anyday.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sick combos are sick combos and all are welcome in my house.

Thank you thread, for reminding me I started DMC4 but got distracted by other games.

But for now I am playing Yoshi's Island again, because it's been a long time since I've gone through and beaten it, and I know I've never done the bonus levels.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So is Nintendo planning on ever restocking NES Minis or are they gonna Amiibo it and flush millions of dollars down the toilet?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Speaking of Platinum, I finished my replay of Bayonetta 1 last night. Coming back to that after Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 makes me realize just how much bullshit there is (way too many instant-death traps and the godawful Gracious & Glorious fights immediately spring to mind), but I still feel comfortable calling it my favorite Platinum game since it's what got me so in love with the company in the first place

I was also playing the Wii U version so I played through the whole game in the Samus costume. That was cool

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I wish I liked Wonderful 101 more. I feel like the game is just constantly throwing obstacles in the way of you doing extended fun combos.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Upside to getting Patterna: yay, more puzzles!

Downside to getting Patterna: They're hard puzzles! :supaburn:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

So is Nintendo planning on ever restocking NES Minis or are they gonna Amiibo it and flush millions of dollars down the toilet?

I legitimately think they're just not keeping up on supply of their poo poo overall, because I haven't seen a 3DS for sale since like Black Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I kind of like the fixed cameras. I can't play without lockon and with a free camera. DMC doesn't really use lockon for melee outside of aerial stuff. Having the camera in one place makes it easy to to have camera relative directional inputs.

• Locked thread