Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah agreed that this sounds like a task for Reaktor. Seeing as you don't know what exactly you want to make, you should experiment in Reaktor and when you know what you want to make into a real plugin, get into the AU/VST side of things.

MUCH easier said than done, of course, but it's kind of what Reaktor is for. I mean, really, you could probably just leave it in Reaktor. Lots of good stuff on that platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

well why not posted:

Yeah agreed that this sounds like a task for Reaktor. Seeing as you don't know what exactly you want to make, you should experiment in Reaktor and when you know what you want to make into a real plugin, get into the AU/VST side of things.

MUCH easier said than done, of course, but it's kind of what Reaktor is for. I mean, really, you could probably just leave it in Reaktor. Lots of good stuff on that platform.

Oh.... oh wow. Ok, so I've heard the name Reaktor over the years, but never REALLY looked into it. So, based on your post and others, I'm checking it out now, and :stare:

:stare:

Yeah, this is it. This is what I want.

I think I was getting it confused with that hardware box that I can't remember the name of, but it starts with an R, and you can (if I understand it correctly) load up various modules and plugins through it, because they all use the same physical interface. gently caress, it's driving me nuts that I can't remember what it's called. Anyway, I thought that was Reaktor, and holy poo poo, am I glad to be sorted out now.

This is definitely going on my mental list of audio software, maybe it'll be #1. Incredible. Thanks, all! :toot:

EDIT: Yeah, I'm 99% sure I'm thinking of Receptor

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 30, 2016

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
afaik its on sale right now too

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

afaik its on sale right now too

I'll have to wait for the next sale, unfortunately. Can't do it now. But it'll happen someday.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I believe some of the synths NI sells are just skinned Reaktor patches, so you can definitely go a long way with Reaktor (or Max).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oooh, I just learned of NI's Form, which is what I've sort of been looking for (a sample-based synth that's not Alchemy, because I don't have Logic X.... yet). Anyone use it?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Splinter posted:

I believe some of the synths NI sells are just skinned Reaktor patches, so you can definitely go a long way with Reaktor (or Max).

Razor & The Finger aren't even reskinned, they just run in Reaktor ala Kontakt libraries. You install Reaktor Player with them. Can't be mad, Reaktor is powerful as gently caress and I'd have it installed either way.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oooh, I just learned of NI's Form, which is what I've sort of been looking for (a sample-based synth that's not Alchemy, because I don't have Logic X.... yet). Anyone use it?

I haven't but if you're in Ableton look into getting the Max4Live Granulator, it's not exactly what you're after but still provides lots of soundfuckery.

breaks
May 12, 2001

All of ni's new instruments and some of the FX released for the past 5 or so years are Reaktor built, it's just the mainstream FX and older stuff that are standalone plugins.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm actually super jealous of Harmor, but I'm in Ableton on Mac OS. Is there a valid alternative, or any chance they'd port it over?

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
There's also Synthedit, at http://synthedit.com/ - it's been around for quite a while. I've never really looked into it myself, but tons of the free VSTs on sites like http://www.vst4free.com/ were made with it.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Can it still not make 64 bit plugins though?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

well why not posted:

I'm actually super jealous of Harmor, but I'm in Ableton on Mac OS. Is there a valid alternative, or any chance they'd port it over?

Well, FL Studio is available for OS X, at least in beta, last time I checked.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Flipperwaldt posted:

Can it still not make 64 bit plugins though?

It looks like there's a beta version that does 64 bit plugins, although it can't use 32 bit modules. I've never actually used it, though, so I can't really comment.

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 3, 2016

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
So im fairly close to pulling the trigger on a Komplete 11 crossgrade (From maschine/Komplete Kontrol) - But i'd end up with a few duplicates.

Reaktor 6 (crossgrade version)
Razor
Skanner XT
The Mouth

Is anyone here interested in either of these, via license transfer?

edit: for sale, if that wasnt obvious, goon prices of course.

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 5, 2016

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

So im fairly close to pulling the trigger on a Komplete 11 crossgrade (From maschine/Komplete Kontrol) - But i'd end up with a few duplicates.

Reaktor 6 (crossgrade version)
Razor
Skanner XT
The Mouth

Is anyone here interested in either of these, via license transfer?

edit: for sale, if that wasnt obvious, goon prices of course.
I'd be interested in everything except Reaktor 6 (already got it), I think. I need to double check to make sure I don't already have Skanner XT (may have picked it up with a holidaytime GC in a year previous or similar), but even if so, Razor and The Mouth are on my list, and I didn't grab them during the recent sale.

Shall I check and get back to you?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Yeah do It

Agent York Morgan
Apr 28, 2013
I might be interested in Reaktor 6, I do not have any version of reaktor at all, does that crossgrade version still work?

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Agent York Morgan posted:

I might be interested in Reaktor 6, I do not have any version of reaktor at all, does that crossgrade version still work?

No, the crossgrade licenses allow you to upgrade the limited versions that come with maschine/kontrol into the full fledged Komplete application, you need to own one of those first.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
yeah I think you need to own one of the other things first; maschine, or maybe something like razor

edit: Okay found it:

This crossgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE KONTROL S25-88, MASCHINE 2 software (included with MASCHINE STUDIO, and new purchases of MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO)

So.. anyone interested has to own one of those two

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 6, 2016

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
If you're like me and have at least one U-he product, you got an announcement today about the release of their new synth Repro-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQST401uYM

Sounds pretty sweet and is only $99.

They mention it's been 5 years since DIVA was released, and so I now feel even older....

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Wizchine posted:

If you're like me and have at least one U-he product, you got an announcement today about the release of their new synth Repro-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQST401uYM

Sounds pretty sweet and is only $99.

They mention it's been 5 years since DIVA was released, and so I now feel even older....

so Urs is definitely a wizard

had the beta of that for a while its really good

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Even though I own thr Arturia Prophet V I woukd probably still get that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

http://www.matteocerquone.com/sound-chopper-2/

Sound Chopper 2 is free. Legit free. I've never used it, but I will be soon! He has an option to donate to him, which is always a good idea, if you like it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

that looks fun as hell ... interesting you can load your own VST into it. I'll mess around with it and report back.

report : it crashed upon opening

well why not fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 13, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

http://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1845-Orchestral-Companion-Strings

Regular $150, currently $1. iLok but no dongle required.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Thanks for the heads up, seems like it might be fun to play with.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Anyone else jump on this and manage to get it installed? I keep getting errors when I try to unzip the giant file full of samples; I've downloaded it 3 times now and keep getting the same errors...

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Just installed it and it works fine for me. On a Mac though, if that changes anything.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

JohnnySmitch posted:

Anyone else jump on this and manage to get it installed? I keep getting errors when I try to unzip the giant file full of samples; I've downloaded it 3 times now and keep getting the same errors...

Try updating to the latest version of 7zip (assuming you're on PC), they might be using a more recent compression type than your system can interpret

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Arturia is giving away MiniFilter V at their site. Haven't tried it yet but looks really really awesome, especially for a free download. https://www.arturia.com/arturia-festive-gift

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

ricecult posted:

Arturia is giving away MiniFilter V at their site. Haven't tried it yet but looks really really awesome, especially for a free download. https://www.arturia.com/arturia-festive-gift

Just came here to post this.

It's very nice and bubbly, gorgeous interface, get it while you can!

jvilmi
May 29, 2004

JohnnySmitch posted:

Took forever to open the file on Windows 10, but other than that working fine on both Mac and PC.

Xpand! 2 is also up for $1 again. The interface is pretty ugly but other than that it's a great rompler for bread & butter sounds.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

ricecult posted:

Thank you so much for posting this. Just downloaded it and can't wait to play around with it today!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Just had a play with it, it's super fun. even basic sweeps sound more interesting than a stock plug. Pretty good emulation of analog ''''fatness''' to my ear

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Does anybody here use Softube/Gobbler? I just got a new interface that comes with a few free plugins, but after registering everything and downloading the Gobbler client, I can't download any of them, and the Gobbler site only suggest reinstalling the client, which I've done twice now.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lester Shy posted:

Does anybody here use Softube/Gobbler? I just got a new interface that comes with a few free plugins, but after registering everything and downloading the Gobbler client, I can't download any of them, and the Gobbler site only suggest reinstalling the client, which I've done twice now.

I fooled around with Softube Modular, and it was fun for what it is but it was a crazy resource hog, and the gobbler app by itself would chew up like a quarter of my ram (at the time).

So it kinda sucks, even when it does work.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Just came here to post this.

It's very nice and bubbly, gorgeous interface, get it while you can!

You can do some crazy robot farting with this thing, the LFOs (and step sequencer!) go into audio range, the filter itself sounds great and the modulation opportunities are also very neat. I'm having a blast with this thing and now I want to put it on everything :allears:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Another freebie for you Kontakt-havers: Soniccouture is giving away a nice reed organ sample library until the 31st.

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/28-rare-and-experimental/g57-estey-reed-organ/

e: works with Kontakt Player too, if you get in fast enough to get one of the 1,000 licenses for it

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 27, 2016

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

yeah I think you need to own one of the other things first; maschine, or maybe something like razor

edit: Okay found it:

This crossgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE KONTROL S25-88, MASCHINE 2 software (included with MASCHINE STUDIO, and new purchases of MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO)

So.. anyone interested has to own one of those two
Sorry it too me so long to get back to you on this. It turns out I have Skanner XT, so I don't need that, but I'm still interested in Razor and The Mouth. However, I don't think I have any of the crossgrade items above. I do have Maschine (specifically: "MASCHINE incl. Komplete Elements" and "MASCHINE MIKRO incl. Komplete Elements"), but I haven't upgraded that to Maschine 2 yet. I've been thinking about doing that anyway though, so the question now is would I need to upgrade to buy Razor and The Mouth from you, or not? Let me know either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

minidracula posted:

Sorry it too me so long to get back to you on this. It turns out I have Skanner XT, so I don't need that, but I'm still interested in Razor and The Mouth. However, I don't think I have any of the crossgrade items above. I do have Maschine (specifically: "MASCHINE incl. Komplete Elements" and "MASCHINE MIKRO incl. Komplete Elements"), but I haven't upgraded that to Maschine 2 yet. I've been thinking about doing that anyway though, so the question now is would I need to upgrade to buy Razor and The Mouth from you, or not? Let me know either way.

Good question. The Komplete Kontrol/Maschine package now is called Komplete Select, not Elements. But according to my order history both the mouth and razor are listed as being full versions - while reaktor 6 lists as crossgrade. If the system is at all logical it shouldn't be a problem but its impossible to be sure. Just let me know what you wanna do, yeah?