Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I hate being the guy who tells people they should see a movie, because then they don't see the movie because they resent being told what to do. It's a good movie though, and it's held up surprisingly well over the years.

Our family's traditional Christmas movie has been the MST3K of "Manos: the Hands of Fate".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Bape Culture posted:

Merry Christmas automotive insanity

Merry Christmas!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You have a seriosuly bad opinion on this one.

You are responding to corn.

Make it a New Year's resolution to stop responding to corn. It will improve your life.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Liquid Communism posted:

Make it a New Year's resolution to stop responding to corn. It will improve your life.

Relax, it's all in good fun here.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That's Drew Toothpaste of Toothpaste for Dinner and Crudbump and Hell Orbs. So, yes.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Liquid Communism posted:

While we're resolving, can we also quit quoting him?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

fyodor posted:

That's Drew Toothpaste of Toothpaste for Dinner and Crudbump and Hell Orbs. So, yes.

Hell Orbs is surprisingly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmOw-jplSMk

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Three-Phase posted:

Our family's traditional Christmas movie has been the MST3K of "Manos: the Hands of Fate".

ours is bad boys 2.

granted the list also contains scrooged, love actually and muppets christmas carol.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Invader Zim Christmas special

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Goober Peas posted:

Thank

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Die Hard, hot fuzz, star wars holiday special, in Bruges.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

fridge corn posted:

Relax, it's all in good fun here.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So... is 2016 going to take Carrie Fisher, too? :ohdear:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
celebs do drugs for decades and get old

then they die

gently caress the "gently caress 2016" brigade, every year is what you make of it.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cakesmith handyman posted:

Swap the drivers and passengers seat. Like most cars I assume yours has seen little arse time and it'll feel brand new.

I've done this on plenty of old cars in the past (I remember my mates 2 door metro with the seat folding levers in the middle after we swapped the seats over) but my Aygo front seats each appear to have a single side airbag in and are thus handed by this.
I could possibly swap the bases over separately from the backs. I shall investigate how they look to be attached.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Spoiler, someone will die next year too.

I hope it's not me, or any of you guys, I like you.

E: that wasn't foreshadowing you going near the airbags, promise.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I did one of those top words used on facebook things for the year and it said loving BIZKIT TIME PEOPLE gently caress were my top 5 used words for 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

I've done this on plenty of old cars in the past (I remember my mates 2 door metro with the seat folding levers in the middle after we swapped the seats over) but my Aygo front seats each appear to have a single side airbag in and are thus handed by this.
I could possibly swap the bases over separately from the backs. I shall investigate how they look to be attached.
It's not worth it for an Aygo, but one solution is to source a seat from the continent.

Though you're right, the side airbags are usually in the backs only, not in the bases, so a used passenger seat can often still be cannibalised for its base to make a good improvement. Whether they're handed or not is the question. I'd assume they'd do their best to avoid it, to reduce unique parts.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I did one of those top words used on facebook things for the year and it said loving BIZKIT TIME PEOPLE gently caress were my top 5 used words for 2016

Please live 2017 by that motto

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The battlecry in every British worshop when poo poo isn't going how it should.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bizkit?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Cuppa tea and a biccy to calm down a bit, and give you throuat a rest from swearing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Astronaut and Climatologist Piers Sellers passed away today.

gently caress 2016.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

celebs do drugs for decades and get old

then they die

gently caress the "gently caress 2016" brigade, every year is what you make of it.

You sure do have trouble having fun.

I certainly wasn't "gently caress 2016"-ing. More like interested from a death pool view -- she was young, so calling it would have been good points.

Nobody here is running a pool, but my 2017 celebs are: Valerie Harper, Kirk Douglas, Betty White, George HW Bush and Bob Barker.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All in on donald trump :unsmigghh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

All in on donald trump :unsmigghh:

Pence first, then Trump.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Agreed

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

"President Ryan" never sounded so good...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Saving president Ryan

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i qualmed my fears of nuclear war because i'm far enough away from the AFB and downtown detroit that i won't be instantly vaporized

this helps that they no longer do 20MT nukes and instead do a shitload of 455kt nukes

on the other hand i kind want to be vaporized if a nuclear war breaks out so

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

funny Star Wars parody posted:

this helps that they no longer do 20MT nukes and instead do a shitload of 455kt nukes

Putin claims their new ICBM will carry higher yields. And our are variable yield, we can turn them up when we need to.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Seminal Flu posted:

Betty White

You take that fuckin' back. Betty White's gonna outlive us all.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Putin claims their new ICBM will carry higher yields. And our are variable yield, we can turn them up when we need to.

Ya but the rockets we use can only vary so much payload so it'll never get to the 20-40MT Czar Bomba range until all of the point defense systems are knocked out

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Ya but the rockets we use can only vary so much payload so it'll never get to the 20-40MT Czar Bomba range until all of the point defense systems are knocked out

Variable yield nukes are big boys with mechanisms to turn the yield down; if we can lift them in 500kt mode or whatever, we can lift them in 20Mt mode.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

kastein posted:

fuckin a right Ken

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Adiabatic posted:

fuckin a right Ken

So I've started getting ads on Youtube again. I'm running uBlock, but apparently that doesn't loving matter anymore. It's really throwing my poo poo off when I got a bunch of poo poo lined up to watch.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

So I've started getting ads on Youtube again. I'm running uBlock, but apparently that doesn't loving matter anymore. It's really throwing my poo poo off when I got a bunch of poo poo lined up to watch.

I'd recommend using ublock origin, rather than ublock; regardless, the last time that happened to me, I needed to update my filter lists. Maybe that would help you.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm still running an old rear end version of adblock and don't get video ads on youtube. it lets' some simple text and jpg ads through, but that doesn't bother me.

If ads weren't running flash and javascript with autoplay audio or with unskippable 300% volume video ads, i wouldn't bother blocking them. They have no respect for me, i have no respect for them.

I wouldn't mind sites being whitelisted for running jpg only ads with no risk of browser hijacks but as long as i can't go to forbes or bloomberg without being fired off to some fake virus scan poo poo or screamed at by some shithead pop singer, they can go gently caress themselves.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

I'd recommend using ublock origin, rather than ublock; regardless, the last time that happened to me, I needed to update my filter lists. Maybe that would help you.

Just switched to Origin, thanks. Fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

The last time I started getting youtube ads (using adblock) I jacked around with everything for a while with no success and then fixed it by restarting my browser. :iiam:

• Locked thread