Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
One of the few characters I started to feel attached to was Saw -- we got to see how he saved Jyn, apparently helped raise her, then just as you're getting to know the guy, BOOM! VAPORIZED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Cnut the Great posted:

Anakin and Padme professing their love for each other and kissing while they pass through a vagina-shaped door into an arena to be violently executed for the entertainment of a crowd of spectators:

And the pussy cat with the gaping vagina dentata mouth....

....leading to this weird pscyho-sexual series of shots, wherein Padme's abdomen is painfully exposed for the audience's (both in- and out-of-universe) titillation:

And here's some more shots of Anakin riding his horny bull:

Look at how virile this guy clearly feels. He literally slayed the pussy with his big red rhino. He's got the girl, he's tamed the wild beast between his thighs through sheer force of will. He's John loving Wayne, man.

No sexuality? Sure, there's no full-blown nudity or shots of anyone literally having sex. That's because children have to be able to watch these movies. Everything's mostly subtextual, just like in the OT.

The bull missing a horn also foreshadows Anakin losing his arm - he finally escapes the arena, all frothed up from the battle, only to discover this vague fantasy of power counted for nothing.

Again, Anakin has not truly possessed the phallus (the bull, a slave) - he is the phallus.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a lot of ironic posting on this page.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The bull also loses his other horn when he takes on Mace Windu, avatar of the Jedi Order.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I just saw R1 yesterday and thought it was pretty fun, are there any posts in this enormous thread worth reading if I want interesting thoughts, or is it all just ironic posting and slapfighting?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Woebin posted:

I just saw R1 yesterday and thought it was pretty fun, are there any posts in this enormous thread worth reading if I want interesting thoughts, or is it all just ironic posting and slapfighting?

No, not even remotely.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Woebin posted:

Leave this place.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ruddiger posted:

Lost was pretty good once you stopped looking for answers and just accepted the events of the show, but if I had to choose a replacement for a modern audience, it would hands down be the Leftovers. Can't wait for season 3.

I'm only a few episodes into the leftovers and the cult is so fantastic that it's going to cover up all the flaws

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I liked in r1 when baze, the old soldier, dispatched a storm trooper during the beach infiltration: his movements were slow and heavy and he winced afterwards. I'd like to think it was subtle character development but also the actor looks old.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Obi-Wan has his giant penis destroyed.

By a creature with a penis shaped head.

Poor quality due to youtube

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

There is a lot of ironic posting on this page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8U6Mt_OG8

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Vintersorg posted:

Pussy and dick everywhere if you really try.

On the way to the arena, Anakin and Padme first walk into a blatant Aliens reference.

They then tumble into a cartoonish nightmare of unlimited reproduction. It's even declared 'perverse' in the dialogue.

The arena itself is also a callback to Jabba's harem of slave girls, and his sick pleasure at feeding them to monsters. That's where the loaded imagery of chains and shackles repurposed as weapons comes from.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is it even possible to take a screen shot of the prequels that isn't hilariously awkward? Is there a single scene in those movies that looks cool?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Is it even possible to take a screen shot of the prequels that isn't hilariously awkward? Is there a single scene in those movies that looks cool?

Sure it's possible! Just scroll up to C-Nuts post!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

wow stunning

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

UmOk posted:

Poor quality due to youtube

When Obi Wan finally gets hit with Anakin's penis, he evaporates. Luke defeats the creepy old man by refusing gvto stick his saber on him. The old man shoots his lightning on him over it. When Vader destroys him he is lightningjizzed to death.

This is fun

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 23, 2016

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
The lightsabers are the girthiest in the prequels.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The lightsabers are the girthiest in the prequels.
Old Obi-Wan points his saber-penis directly at the camera and it's practically invisible.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Milky Moor posted:

Furthermore, if you note how Anakin and Obi-Wan have Padme sandwiched between them as they sit on Anakin's Giant Horned Dick Beast, it's even more obvious.

I'm glad the Auralnauts movies make the Obi/Padme pairing a focal point.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Picking up your sarcasm.

Can you explain why you don't like that shot?

I guess it would be awkward if it wasn't in a sex scene.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

UmOk posted:

The green mantis-thing is, in keeping with the Aliens references, a fairly blatant reference to the Alien Queen - which points to Obiwan as a presexual/asexual character (e.g. Newt).

The mantis thing is repeatedly depicted as a castrating figure. Note how Obiwan gets his spear bitten in half.

The end of Attack Of The Clones is basically a massive Aristocrats joke.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The green mantis-thing is, in keeping with the Aliens references, a fairly blatant reference to the Alien Queen - which points to Obiwan as a presexual/asexual character (e.g. Newt).

The mantis thing is repeatedly depicted as a castrating figure. Note how Obiwan gets his spear bitten in half.

The end of Attack Of The Clones is basically a massive Aristocrats joke.

I've always assumed that Obi was gay and this represented his struggle with his sexuality in a galaxy that does not accept it.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Milky Moor posted:

Furthermore, if you note how Anakin and Obi-Wan have Padme sandwiched between them as they sit on Anakin's Giant Horned Dick Beast, it's even more obvious.

I am speechless. Why isn't anyone throwing big wads of money at your face?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Everything about the arena owns. Actually, everything after that in AOTC owns too.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Zoran posted:

Everything about the arena owns. Actually, everything after that in AOTC owns too.

I view the whole thing as the dark side/Sith impregnating the Republic/Jedi.

It pays off in the next movie when the Republic dies giving birth to the Empire while Padme dies giving birth to the Twins.

Anakin/Padme/Twins story is the same as the Sith/Republic/Empire.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

UmOk posted:

I've always assumed that Obi was gay and this represented his struggle with his sexuality in a galaxy that does not accept it.

I don't think that's the case. When the Jedi task him to protect a rich, powerful, and good looking woman, he responds by tossing her to Anakin like a football to go play detective.

I don't think that implies that Obiwan is not attracted to women, so much that it implies that he's frightened of his attraction to women.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/23/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-plane/

Carrie Fisher just had a massive heart attack.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
jesus that sucks

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
She's in critical condition, please be ok Carrie. :(

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
worst place to get a real big heart attack too, unless they have any heart-machines.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Soggy Cereal posted:

Since the movie is somewhat sparse on characterization and relies on existing knowledge of Star Wars, I thought it might be interesting to look at the poetry and rhyme -

Luke Skywalker's story is about learning that your father is not who you thought he was, but that you can still save him and all your friends.

Jyn Erso's story is about learning that your father is exactly who you thought he was all along and you never should have doubted him, but he needs you and your friends to die for his cause.

Discuss.

Mind blown

gohmak fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 23, 2016

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Wild Horses posted:

worst place to get a real big heart attack too, unless they have any heart-machines.

I read that she wasn't breathing for the last 10 minutes of the flight, although there was an EMT on the flight providing CPR the whole time. It's unlikely but possible she survived 10 minutes without being a vegetable if someone was giving her CPR the whole time.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
International flight, lucky in way, it could have happened way before fifteen minutes to land...going to London for a book tour, who else read 'post cards from the edge'? Razor wit on her, wish her all the best.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Oh man 😟

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I hope they got her in to a bacta tank as soon as possible.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If she gets struck down, she'll just come back in the sequel more powerful than before (because she'll be CGI).

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

Shbobdb posted:

I'm cool letting history decide. At one point during the recent American election, I likened Hillary's rabid fan base to the Prequel's rabid fan base. They are both utterly unable to convince people not already on board with their particular fandom that their fandom is good and worthy. So, instead, they just say that the people who aren't fans don't get it and will be buried by history.

I've been right before and I'll be right again. See you in ten years.

I'm also of the opinion that the OT will age better than the prequels. I'd be curious in a real demographic study at some point. What age bracket people are most likely have a positive opinion of the prequels? The only anecdotes I have are me (36) my older brother (47) and my nephew (10).

I hate the prequels as the garbage they are.

My older brother, bizarrely, initially thought they were garbage but has recently and somewhat terrifyingly to me come around and thinks they are okay. I think it is a case of Stockholm syndrome.

My nephew likes films from both the OT and prequels. I'll check in with him again in 10 years and see what he thinks. Stay tuned. Truth is it would be sad if Star Wars is no longer culturally relevant in 20, 30 years and nobody cares which movies are better or worse. That may be the more likely outcome. But A New Hope has a pro-humanity, anti-technology/computer message that I think is just as relevant today, and will continue so long as we have a technological society.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Show some class assholes, you have to wait until the official pronouncement to start cracking jokes. And believe me, I want so bad to say this is very heart to believe.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
CGI Carrie Fisher stole real Carrie Fisher's soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
New information says it took 15+ minutes to get a pulse on her, and that she's at a UCLA hospital right now hooked up to life support.

:(

• Locked thread