Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You know he's called Bruce because his soul was bruised by his parents deaths, right?
Also, his thirst for justice will never wane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

And Tim Drake was a bird before he ever put on a mask...

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
And we all love Dick

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I can't believe Tom King revealed Banes real name is Johnny Drugmuscles, hosed up if you ask me

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

purple death ray posted:

I can't believe Tom King revealed Banes real name is Johnny Drugmuscles, hosed up if you ask me

:v:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
What has Cobblepots got to do with birds anyways?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

And we all love Dick

And he's the Gray Son of Gotha--

wiat gently caress

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Finally read this week's Batman. Very good issue. Punch and Jewelee were great. Too bad about the child retcon. Wesker taking down the Psycho Pirate in the most comic book way possible was the best.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I didn't really like this arc of Detective Comics. The Villain Syndicate basically amounts to nothing, and Steph goes completely off the rails. I don't really like that they're already changing up the team when I feel like we didn't get much of a chance to explore the current team dynamic.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
They are already teasing clayface betraying them in DC preview bs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I really hope that's a fake out because God drat that didn't even last a year. You were doing so well DC.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Maybe it's Matt Hagen or one of the other Clayfaces!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's to the glorious return of Clayface III!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Here's to the glorious return of Clayface III!

I get confused as to which ones are alive. I'm used to Hagen because of the cartoon.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't think anyone but Karlo has shown up since new 52 began. There's plenty of clayfaces they could pull out.

Re: Detective Comics, I actually didn't mind Stephanie's characterization too much, although the sequence where Stephanie somehow both knows how and has the reflexes and skill to take out every single member of the squad because I guess a hologram of Tim told her how (??) was pretty eye-rolly. She's wrong, of course, but I don't think writing a grieving teenager that way is bad writing at all. It's a little funny that as soon as she's fighting against the heroes she suddenly has a full-face mask again.

I am a little irritated that the perfect team from the first issue has already shed two of the most interesting characters it had in favor of loving Batwing and Azrael, but Detective has been the most interesting those two have been written in years, so we'll see what happens.

Loved the panel of Tim in his cell with his entire utility belt and costume disassembled, slapping some kit together to make a break for it. That was great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're probably ditching Batwoman soon too, so she can be in her solo title. I think Tynion said Bluebird is gonna be on the team for a while. But having one of the other Clayfaces show up and frame Basil would be good drama.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Tynion has said that Batwoman isn't going anywhere in Detective. I'm just bummed because a huge draw for me was having Steph and Cass finally on the same team together, and that only lasted a brief time and we only got a tiny amount of interaction between them.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I really enjoyed the Batman arc that just finished. I was a bit unsure two issues in but I thought it came together really well.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
With Damian's name, I was sort of wondering if they could have went more with the "Ibn al Xu'ffasch" name. Just taking parts of that name and have him eventually going by "Ben" Wayne, "Al" Wayne, etc.

"Ben/Benjamin" sharing the same first letter as Bruce, "Al/Alec/Alex" being sort of a nod to Alfred as an important father-figure in Bruce's life, But I sort of admit, they do sound a bit generic compared to Damian.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
No but you see he's called Damian because he's the grandson of The Demon('s Head) and this is comic books.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I feel like Damian's ethnic background is unfortunately whitewashed more than it's acknowledged.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Well, his mom is drawn caucasian 100% of the time, so why shouldn't he be? :)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's also unfortunate.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's Batman is fantastic. Definitely King's best issue.
I hope he gets to tell a few more relaxed little stories like this in the future.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Today's Batman is fantastic. Definitely King's best issue.
I hope he gets to tell a few more relaxed little stories like this in the future.

Yeah I absolutely loved it, but I've really enjoyed all 15 issues of Batman since the Rebirth issue so...:shrug:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
KITE MAN

HELL YEAH

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Alright, yeah. This issue was loving perfect.

All Star actually kind of left me disappointed this month but I've been pretty horribly depressed today so I should maybe read the whole story again when I'm in a better mindset.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

No, the last issue of All Star was bad. Soured me on the whole story.

Really looking forward to the latest issue of Batman tonight. Haven't had a real good Batman//Catwoman story since Hush.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Wonderful issue of Batman. King perfectly captured the chemistry between Batman and Catwoman, or at least better than any other comic I've read with the two.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Regarding the new ASB, do you think Snyder's retconned Freeze/Nora from the N52 origin, or is the "She loved you" to placate him?

Anyway, issue was great. I loved the presentation of text.
Also bringing back a bit of Adam West style building walking in the backup.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Regarding the new ASB, do you think Snyder's retconned Freeze/Nora from the N52 origin, or is the "She loved you" to placate him?

Anyway, issue was great. I loved the presentation of text.
Also bringing back a bit of Adam West style building walking in the backup.

I think All Star and most of Rebirth is taking the Marvel approach of, everything's canon, except when it's not. In this particular story I get the impression he's ignoring the N52 origin. Which the sooner that's forgotten about forever, the better.

But yeah, All Star was awesome. Two of my favorite villains, plus I will never get tired of seeing Jock and Francavilla working on Batman.

Detective was also extremely good.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I don't think the book says anything about who Nora is to Victor either way. So, at least for now, it's whatever origin you want.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

drat Tom King is really crushing it lately

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
This is a flip back on top from I Am Suicide

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone have images from the original Batman/Catwoman origins to compare? Guessing her's is from Year One.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 19, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nooot super thrilled with this direction for holly robinson honestly

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wouldn't worry about seeing her too much without a Catwoman comic.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone have images from the original Batman/Catwoman origins to compare? Guessing her's is from Year One.

Yeah hers is definitely from Year One.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

nooot super thrilled with this direction for holly robinson honestly

To be fair, she was supposed to be dead until Brubaker forgot that in his run. They did a whole backup admitting they goofed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That two parter was everything I wanted out of a Batman/Catwoman story. Easily one of my all time favorite Batman stories.

• Locked thread