Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ArbitraryC posted:

Not that this is really the crux of your post or anything but late game it's actually probably most important to have your wards out because if your team just gets caught with it's pants down in the jungle there's probably enough time to just run it down mid and end the game.

yeah of all the terrible poo poo i hear when i play with my low elo friends the "guess i have to sell my sightstone and buy more damage" is the worst, considering 65% of our problems when we play are that there isnt any vision and team members start getting picked off and tilting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Are you trying to tell me that some people don't know where the other team are at 100% of the time?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Primetime posted:

My favorite low elo logic is the "support isn't warding enough".

I was playing Elise support to see what it's like - but had a sightstone I was constantly using and a control wards out all game. This didn't stop my mid and jungler from yelling at me all game for not having enough vision.

And then when I sold my sightstone at 35 minutes to make room for my full build - while we had 3 enemy inhibs down and Baron - mid lux goes "can we have your nami support, at least she buys sightstone"

How are you full build at 35 minutes as a support

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

How are you full build at 35 minutes as a support

Sightstone, tier 2 gold item, two fairie charms, a pink, and a stack of pots bam full build.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm a scumbag AP support player and I would never, under any circumstances sell my Sightstone, even if - especially if - the game went to some insane 50-60 minute time. I like doing a few hundred more damage with my rotation and all, but I also really enjoy being able to walk into my own jungle with the peace of mind of knowing that I'm not about to be clubbed to death by the enemy team hiding in some brush.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Hey, other Jhin enthusiast, you still sticking to ER rushes? I'm finding if games are going kinda pear shaped with a really tanky top or jungle on the enemy side the ER RFC and stumbling to Dominik's isn't really doing much. Any instance you feel like IE instead of ER might be better for dealing with them, or are you doing ER RFC IE and just going for the squishy people and plinking the tanks?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The cdr and mana regen from ER is just too nice feeling to give up imo, and it's not like killing tanks is something jhin excels at in the first place

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I remember that game at iem where the ER jhin hit all 4 shots of his ult on mid ori and did ~40% of her health.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

henkman posted:

The cdr and mana regen from ER is just too nice feeling to give up imo, and it's not like killing tanks is something jhin excels at in the first place

Yeah, Jhin sucks at killing tanks but I was wondering if it's more prudent to 3rd item IE or Dominik's. I've been going the latter and it's never really done any favors against the 250+ armor behemoths.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah I'd just stick with IE third unless the team is like 3 tanks or some poo poo

But if that's the case it was going to be a rough game no matter what

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Just went 1-7 last night playing 5 mans. Get on my level plebs

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

RC Cola posted:

Just went 1-7 last night playing 5 mans. Get on my level plebs

Oh yeah? Well I fed out the rear end to a player a solid 15 divisions below me and he shittalked me and I had absolutely no viable comebacks because he was absolutely right. So the next game I ragepicked my main and hatefucked some poor bystander.
Get on MY level.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I been playing zac bot games all week since ping at my inlaw's is unbearable. It's been my only joy. NAMASTE

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nazzadan posted:

Oh yeah? Well I fed out the rear end to a player a solid 15 divisions below me and he shittalked me and I had absolutely no viable comebacks because he was absolutely right. So the next game I ragepicked my main and hatefucked some poor bystander.
Get on MY level.

Go I surrender

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was in my series and had a team of intentional feeders

ON THE OTHER TEAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

edit: hue hue

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 24, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Playing Yasuo and split pushing all game is so fun. Enemy coming one by one trying to 1v1 you lol. If there isn't a vayne in the game most of the adcs are so easy to 1v1 . He has insane dmg just with PD/IE like basically late game status dmg at that point. If you get those items like around 25ish minutes with boots nobody can 1v1 you and especially if you have exhaust.

Laning with him is annoying though because you get camped every game and he is banned so often.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Teikanmi posted:

edit: hue hue

Keeby's got the winner right now with DIANA'S FISTS

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Build a Zz'Rot on every champion you play no matter what role, people don't know how to deal with it in low elo and it has tasty stats, insh'Allah ن شاء الله

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
What in the gently caress am I supposed to do against Zed as an adc that can't self peel?

My support Sona was on the ball with ulting him and/or exhausting him the second he came out of his ult animation on me, but then he just bought a qss and killed me in every teamfight anyway.

Do I just die to him every time his ult is up?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mystery Prize posted:

What in the gently caress am I supposed to do against Zed as an adc that can't self peel?

My support Sona was on the ball with ulting him and/or exhausting him the second he came out of his ult animation on me, but then he just bought a qss and killed me in every teamfight anyway.

try to be in a position where he can't just ult you for free, basically stay on the outskirts of fights until he has engaged. It sucks yeah but really your supp should be helping you out with exh on cooldown or other good peels so if you're just 100% alone you have to play overly safe.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mystery Prize posted:

More or less, yes. You either need to burn Flash to avoid his Shadow Slash/Shurikens or you need to have a team that instantly turns and burns him down the second he appears, which is hard to coordinate. Unless your support's playing Janna or Taric, someone like Zyra or Brand is actually the best anti-Zed counter because a good Brand/Zyra will turn Zed into spaghetti as soon as he appears after using his ult.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 24, 2016

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
But Zhonya's Hourglass

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Winning games despite Yasuos feeding their asses off... christ i hate that champion, either vs or with him on against me

Orv
May 4, 2011
Always ban Yasuo, he's just different kinds of unpleasant depending on what team he's on and some rear end in a top hat is always going to pick him. Give us ten bans Riot.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Zhonya's for ADs would be the most awful thing unless you made it into an offshoot of Hurricane that only worked for ranged champions.

Although Vayne with invuln :kheldragar:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I just ban Lee these days if our jungler hasn't hovered him by the time my ban's up. He's too loving strong and braindead easy to play with how the jungle gold/EXP works out.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mystery Prize posted:

Play Zed or Fizz or another assassin for a few games and learn how difficult it is to effectively assassinate ADCs safely.

Step 1: he needs a way to get to you without dying in the process. Zed can't actually cover that much ground initially, so he's probably gonna try coming over a wall or from another unexpected flank rather than across 1000 range like LeBlanc. Make sure there are teammates between his approach and you.

Step 2: he needs to hit you with a couple skills in addition to ult. They're skillshots. If more than you and Sona is around, he'll probably die in the process.

Step 3: he needs to escape. This is Zed's strongest aspect compared to other assassins, so he'll probably do this.

The first step, as the thing Zed is weakest at, is where you can outplay him. Don't go in dark places, don't overstay farming when he's not visible, consider pathways he could approach you at, and play around it accordingly.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcsa9mzrYas

Fizz's ult range is very fair

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

I just ban Lee these days if our jungler hasn't hovered him by the time my ban's up. He's too loving strong and braindead easy

As a Plat jungler who's played a couple games of Lee in normals:

No he isn't easy. He is actually very difficult

:smith:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Zhonya's for ADs would be the most awful thing unless you made it into an offshoot of Hurricane that only worked for ranged champions.

Although Vayne with invuln :kheldragar:

Generic Zhonyas would be really gross, especially since Zhonyas can already be a bit of a Farm Check for mids with powerful but slow ults.

They should really just experiment with the Hurricane Pike from dota 2 (they even have it already copied in their bilgewater mode). For anyone unaware it basically pushes you and your target a pretty significant distance away, then lets you do 5 quick autoattacks ignoring range (its ranged only, melee carries have a Devourer you dont need to stack)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fizz's new ult has one of the most hideous visual clarity issues I've seen in a videogame since Guild Wars 2.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

As a Plat jungler who's played a couple games of Lee in normals:

No he isn't easy. He is actually very difficult

:smith:

his q has gotta be one of the easier skillshots in the game to land, it's so drat fast. His wardhop takes some practice and insecing is obviously one of the most common generic examples of technical skill in the game but when you're an immobile supp and lee sin just hops over a wall towards you and gets a free q it feels bad man.

before 20 people correct me I'm not saying he's too strong or that you can't play around his mobility I just as a supp main find his kit very frustrating even when it's reasonably balanced around his squishyness.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I mean, Insecing is a critical skill to learn but you frankly don't even need to do that to win right now. Hit level 6, waddle up next to someone in botlane or ward hop to them, W -> R -> Q in a straight line -> they're dead. The damage nerf on the PBE should help, but he's currently way too strong in solo queue.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/narkuss_lol/OpenAlligatorTTours

maybe fiddle is viable again? :^)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Orv posted:

Always ban Yasuo, he's just different kinds of unpleasant depending on what team he's on and some rear end in a top hat is always going to pick him. Give us ten bans Riot.

I knocked out Lee because I think Lee is more dangerous in how fast he snowballs games. Yasuo is also hugely detrimental because they always seem like the folks that drink paint, but Lee I think being picked by most folks are reasonably competent with them

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Vermain posted:

Fizz's new ult has one of the most hideous visual clarity issues I've seen in a videogame since Guild Wars 2.

they could pretty easily fix it i think by just putting a 1 sec delay on the pool attaching to you if the fish itself doesn't make contact, or just using whatever tech they used for sol's Q

by which i mean from a design standpoint, not coding, i have no idea how tough that'd be

also im kind of on a wukong streak right now i guess, and i tried jungling him but it felt like i was way too low after my buffs to do anything; i tried to take krugs after red (starting at blue) and nearly got executed which ruined my plans of heading mid and setting their zed behind at 3, and then khazix got there first while i was running back from base. what could i have done better in my pathing? blue -> gromp -> red? take blue and immediately gank at 2? save smite to heal off of red? i also felt like my damage started to fall off quickly compared to champs like kha and lee; i know he's not a true assassin but i figured i'd still be able to force a kill or two

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

his q has gotta be one of the easier skillshots in the game to land, it's so drat fast. His wardhop takes some practice and insecing is obviously one of the most common generic examples of technical skill in the game but when you're an immobile supp and lee sin just hops over a wall towards you and gets a free q it feels bad man.

before 20 people correct me I'm not saying he's too strong or that you can't play around his mobility I just as a supp main find his kit very frustrating even when it's reasonably balanced around his squishyness.

I'm a support main too, and I guess I've gotten so used to what he does since he's in like 40% of games that it doesn't even register as good/bad any more.

It helps that I play Janna, and there's like twelve different ways to completely gently caress him over. His fancy insec looks pretty dumb if you R him wayyyyy on the other side of your team, and he has two skills you can Q him out of (one of which is super telegraphed).

One thing I have noticed is just how much better Lee players are mechanically than they used to be. What used to be diamond-tier mechanical maneuvers have trickled into low gold.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

they could pretty easily fix it i think by just putting a 1 sec delay on the pool attaching to you if the fish itself doesn't make contact, or just using whatever tech they used for sol's Q

by which i mean from a design standpoint, not coding, i have no idea how tough that'd be

also im kind of on a wukong streak right now i guess, and i tried jungling him but it felt like i was way too low after my buffs to do anything; i tried to take krugs after red (starting at blue) and nearly got executed which ruined my plans of heading mid and setting their zed behind at 3, and then khazix got there first while i was running back from base. what could i have done better in my pathing? blue -> gromp -> red? take blue and immediately gank at 2? save smite to heal off of red? i also felt like my damage started to fall off quickly compared to champs like kha and lee; i know he's not a true assassin but i figured i'd still be able to force a kill or two

Blue, wolves, red (smite), scuttler.

Wu gets super low during his first clear, it's just what you have to deal with. Taking scuttler restores a ton of HP, though. Wolves are better for him than gromp because of your pathing and his E.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
did we see any janna at worlds or iem because I think we did see a fair amount of lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

Blue, wolves, red (smite), scuttler.

Wu gets super low during his first clear, it's just what you have to deal with. Taking scuttler restores a ton of HP, though. Wolves are better for him than gromp because of your pathing and his E.

I sometimes will try to scoop scuttler before I go to my second buff if you're particularly getting your rear end kicked in the jungle and starting red side, because I think red still gives a good chunk of regen? I never look at the tooltip.

• Locked thread