Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Is there an official cspam discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Idk but if it exists it's probably really bad

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

we had one for the debates but eh

its prob defunct

just check out the link in the trump thread op, we've been playing music and bantzing around for like 3 months now with bad music

nowadays we have christmas themed movies upcoming at 10 pm edt

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

:q:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Carrie Fisher... this is the worst year of my life

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Phyresis posted:

Carrie Fisher... this is the worst year of my life

This is our fault for watching the Star Wars Christmas Special

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Broken Box posted:

This is our fault for watching the Star Wars Christmas Special

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Carrie Fisher posted:

This holiday is yours, where we all share with you the hope that this day brings us closer to freedom and to harmony and to peace. No matter how different we appear, we're all the same in our struggle against the powers of evil and darkness. I hope that this day will always be a day of joy, in which we can reconfirm our dedication and our courage. And more than anything else, our love for one another.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

:negative:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

your sig is amazing now

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

Star Wars. Despecialized edition. No CGI gobblygook, no Greedo shooting, original Krayt Dragon call. Pretty much as close to the original theatrical release as you can get. 10 PM EST.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trying hard to kill princess lamo i see

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*kisses frysis*

"for cuck"

*swings over shaft*

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I'll never get that kiss from Princess Leia now

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*sticks tounge deep deep down frysis's throat*

I'm gonna take you down. Deep down to the front lines. You woke up this morning. Got yourself a gun, Mama always said you'd be. The Chosen One.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

who is gaslighting whom again??? in this twisted game of ours~

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Phyresis posted:

who is gaslighting whom again??? in this twisted game of ours~

my gas is lit
my eyes are woke
don't throw a fit
but take a toke

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Baloogan posted:

my gas is lit
my eyes are woke
don't throw a fit
but take a toke

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Phyresis posted:

MYSTERY CHRISTMAS MOVIE tonight 10 PM, all will be revealed in due time

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

w8 found it u guys

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Carrie isn't dead yet

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I was like "holy poo poo why are the birds so loud this morning" and there's a loving sparrow in my house. I let it out but how the gently caress did it get in here? There are no open doors or windows!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Phyresis posted:

I was like "holy poo poo why are the birds so loud this morning" and there's a loving sparrow in my house. I let it out but how the gently caress did it get in here? There are no open doors or windows!

my son, that was when bernie was carrying you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so obviously we need to get some more overwatch practice in

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Bernie plays almost exclusively supports and never complains about in vc

TayIor Swift
Oct 29, 2016

by zen death robot
Happy Christmas eve nite crew ^_^ are you doing anything fun today?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im gonna chop firewood as soon as its light out (lamo its so so so dark here, like dawn is 9am) and im gonna warm up by drinking cognac and peppermint tea

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna go out during a break in the rain for some things and then come home n eat a shocking amount of drugs

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Merry Christmas everybody. Yes, I love your newest addition to your sig, LG. Glad you're having some character-building experiences up there Baloogan. With you in spirit. :-) Here I am just making breakfast for my wife, degenerate that I am.

Here is a fav. Really reminds me of some of those french novels I read as a kid, Andre Gide, Sartre. This is the guy in the end of Gide's "The Immoralist," and this is where the protagonist in "The Stranger" makes his fateful decision to "kill an Arab." The last stanza there is the best:

I'm a prisoner here, I can never go home
And there's nothing here either to win or lose
And there are no choices to be made at all
Not even the choice of having to choose

Well, I'm a prisoner here, yes, but I'm also free
'Cause what I am's what I am and what will be will be
Yeah, I'm a prisoner here but I'm also free
And I smile and sip my opium tea.

And in my mind's eye, I see Nick performing this in some tired old dance hall in England, with old people dancing, dressed in suits and evening dresses.

Merry Christmas and if y'all are around later this evening, I'll probably be looking for company, probably want to watch the People's Movie later too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rRXu3xd4k

petit choux has issued a correction as of 16:13 on Dec 24, 2016

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

crazy cloud posted:

I'm gonna go out during a break in the rain for some things and then come home n eat a shocking amount of drugs

With you in spirit too, CC. Come chat and :justpost: with us later this evening.

ED: I'll be with you in spiritus too later.

petit choux has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Dec 24, 2016

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Dov Katz, head of the computer vision and machine learning group at Facebook-owned Oculus, has been charged in King County for attempted commercial sexual abuse of a minor. The 38-year-old tech exec allegedly attempted to contact what he believed to be was a 15-year-old girl for sex.

The fictitious 15-year-old was actually an undercover police officer with the Tukwila Police Department, a city just south of Seattle.

The news was first reported by KING 5, which said that Katz was arrested by Tukwila Police on Wednesday. Katz is to be arraigned on January 5th, and bail was set at $125,000. An Israeli citizen who resides in California, Katz is forbidden to have contact with any minors, except in the presence of a responsible adult, according to charging documents.

Katz allegedly responded to an online advertisement that offered sex in exchange for money, an ad which was posted by undercover police officer posing as a 15-year-old girl. Katz allegedly arranged a meeting at the Embassy Suites in Tukwila, offering to pay $350 to have sex without a condom. When Katz arrived at the hotel with $600 in cash, he was arrested by police.

Upon his arrest, Katz told the officer that he was there to rescue the girl, and should have first called police, according to charging documents.

We’ve reached out to Facebook representatives for comment, and we’ll update this post if we learn more. Facebook purchased Oculus — one of the leaders in virtual reality technology — for about $2 billion in cash and stock in 2014. Oculus operates a large engineering office in Seattle. Katz was profiled in a Times of Israel story in 2014 for the role he played in helping to develop the Oculus Rift headset.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Phyresis posted:

Dov Katz, head of the computer vision and machine learning group at Facebook-owned Oculus, has been charged in King County for attempted commercial sexual abuse of a minor. The 38-year-old tech exec allegedly attempted to contact what he believed to be was a 15-year-old girl for sex.

The fictitious 15-year-old was actually an undercover police officer with the Tukwila Police Department, a city just south of Seattle.

The news was first reported by KING 5, which said that Katz was arrested by Tukwila Police on Wednesday. Katz is to be arraigned on January 5th, and bail was set at $125,000. An Israeli citizen who resides in California, Katz is forbidden to have contact with any minors, except in the presence of a responsible adult, according to charging documents.

Katz allegedly responded to an online advertisement that offered sex in exchange for money, an ad which was posted by undercover police officer posing as a 15-year-old girl. Katz allegedly arranged a meeting at the Embassy Suites in Tukwila, offering to pay $350 to have sex without a condom. When Katz arrived at the hotel with $600 in cash, he was arrested by police.

Upon his arrest, Katz told the officer that he was there to rescue the girl, and should have first called police, according to charging documents.

We’ve reached out to Facebook representatives for comment, and we’ll update this post if we learn more. Facebook purchased Oculus — one of the leaders in virtual reality technology — for about $2 billion in cash and stock in 2014. Oculus operates a large engineering office in Seattle. Katz was profiled in a Times of Israel story in 2014 for the role he played in helping to develop the Oculus Rift headset.

Holy loving cow.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
That guy seems bad

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Cuckwila

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

petit choux posted:

Merry Christmas everybody. Yes, I love your newest addition to your sig, LG. Glad you're having some character-building experiences up there Baloogan. With you in spirit. :-) Here I am just making breakfast for my wife, degenerate that I am.

Here is a fav. Really reminds me of some of those french novels I read as a kid, Andre Gide, Sartre. This is the guy in the end of Gide's "The Immoralist," and this is where the protagonist in "The Stranger" makes his fateful decision to "kill an Arab." The last stanza there is the best:

I'm a prisoner here, I can never go home
And there's nothing here either to win or lose
And there are no choices to be made at all
Not even the choice of having to choose

Well, I'm a prisoner here, yes, but I'm also free
'Cause what I am's what I am and what will be will be
Yeah, I'm a prisoner here but I'm also free
And I smile and sip my opium tea.

And in my mind's eye, I see Nick performing this in some tired old dance hall in England, with old people dancing, dressed in suits and evening dresses.

Merry Christmas and if y'all are around later this evening, I'll probably be looking for company, probably want to watch the People's Movie later too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rRXu3xd4k

Merry Christmas petit choux! I do have a family dinner but I should be on too for some movies later on!

Also that is oddly an appropriate stanza for everything right now. A strange calm at that too, I should read L'Etranger again, Camus was onto something there.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

Merry Christmas petit choux! I do have a family dinner but I should be on too for some movies later on!

Also that is oddly an appropriate stanza for everything right now. A strange calm at that too, I should read L'Etranger again, Camus was onto something there.

his Myth of Sisyphus is shorter and more apropos imo

quote:

One does not discover the absurd without being tempted to write a manual of happiness. "What!---by such narrow ways--?" There is but one world, however. Happiness and the absurd are two sons of the same earth. They are inseparable. It would be a mistake to say that happiness necessarily springs from the absurd. Discovery. It happens as well that the felling of the absurd springs from happiness. "I conclude that all is well," says Edipus, and that remark is sacred. It echoes in the wild and limited universe of man. It teaches that all is not, has not been, exhausted. It drives out of this world a god who had come into it with dissatisfaction and a preference for futile suffering. It makes of fate a human matter, which must be settled among men.

All Sisyphus' silent joy is contained therein. His fate belongs to him. His rock is a thing. Likewise, the absurd man, when he contemplates his torment, silences all the idols. In the universe suddenly restored to its silence, the myriad wondering little voices of the earth rise up. Unconscious, secret calls, invitations from all the faces, they are the necessary reverse and price of victory. There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night. The absurd man says yes and his efforts will henceforth be unceasing. If there is a personal fate, there is no higher destiny, or at least there is, but one which he concludes is inevitable and despicable. For the rest, he knows himself to be the master of his days. At that subtle moment when man glances backward over his life, Sisyphus returning toward his rock, in that slight pivoting he contemplates that series of unrelated actions which become his fate, created by him, combined under his memory's eye and soon sealed by his death. Thus, convinced of the wholly human origin of all that is human, a blind man eager to see who knows that the night has no end, he is still on the go. The rock is still rolling.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm back n I'm fuckin wrecked m8 merry ex muss

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
The rest of the family is coming over today so I'm putting whiskey in my morning coffee

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
oh poo poo is it existentialist philo chat in the chat thread time? neat. what we got other than camus. I am rereading Moby Dick and having a great time w it ::cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

crazy cloud posted:

oh poo poo is it existentialist philo chat in the chat thread time? neat. what we got other than camus. I am rereading Moby Dick and having a great time w it ::cheers:

I liked the part where he got gay married. Very progressive imo

• Locked thread