Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You only officially get them once the run is finished.

I've completed like 5 full dungeons though and still have zero.' do you only keep them if you get a gold knight or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Alpine Mustache posted:

I've completed like 5 full dungeons though and still have zero.' do you only keep them if you get a gold knight or something?

Whatever you think you're getting, they're not chips. Gold Knights are the only enemies that drop chips.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Alxprit posted:

Whatever you think you're getting, they're not chips. Gold Knights are the only enemies that drop chips.

Every enemy I kill causes the poker chip counter to go up, but I guess there's no drop animation.

I just had my first round where I actually fought gold knights. I ended the stage with the counter showing 30400 chips, but in the rewards there was only 1720.

Is this supposed to happen?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Alpine Mustache posted:

Every enemy I kill causes the poker chip counter to go up, but I guess there's no drop animation.

I just had my first round where I actually fought gold knights. I ended the stage with the counter showing 30400 chips, but in the rewards there was only 1720.

Are you sure you're not confusing chips and Gil?

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
That's gil, the chip counter is to the right of the chip icon.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Alpine Mustache posted:

Sounds like your game is bugged out. Maybe quit out, reset, and reopen?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

acumen posted:

2000 chips spent, nothing interesting yet. Gonna be real sore if I don't get that 10 mythril.

Since nobody else properly tagged you on this (and I'm not sure if you were one of the people in the Discord when we covered it), but the way the Roulette works is this: every time you spin the wheel, you will win something, there are no blanks where your chips are just wasted. The rewards are limited in quantity, and as they fall off the list the odds change. So as long as you do play the game enough, you will run out all the other prizes until, even if you have been supremely unlucky, all that's left is that 10 Mythril which you have a 100% chance of winning with your next spin. So don't worry, the only way you can actually lose is if you don't play enough to deplete the board.

Also, useful fact that the rules point out too: once the board is empty you can no longer spin and are instead allowed to exchange your chips for Gil. That does not happen automatically so you want to make sure you at least trade in all your excess chips before the event ends or they will go completely to waste.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Alpine Mustache posted:

You only keep your chips if you've spent enough money on the game. Buy a Leviathan Pouch and you should be good

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
I am an rng God. I did about twelve chip draws. Only got one black the others silver. Do a draw hit gold, got lucky dice.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh gently caress, Orbfest plus more gambling for pixels?! Good thing I saw the ad for it.

I take it, it's 10-pulls or bust?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
There's no functional difference between 1-pulling or 10-pulling except for time. It is therefore better to 10-pull but there's no actual mathematical advantage to it, there is no Guaranteed Silver thing going on here or anything.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

widespread posted:

Oh gently caress, Orbfest plus more gambling for pixels?! Good thing I saw the ad for it.

I take it, it's 10-pulls or bust?
I don't think it matters

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

I don't think it matters

I do tens out of principal though. I figure better to wait like a relic draw.

*edit*

Also I get a crap ton of Gold Knights, are the encounter rates really determined by how much money you spend?

Another edit

I'm probably in the neighborhood of thirty or so draws. Hit two black two gold the rest silver.

Is this strange?

Munoma fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 23, 2016

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Oh my god it's full of orbs.

Bathe me in your orbs, cactuars.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Munoma posted:

I do tens out of principal though. I figure better to wait like a relic draw.

*edit*

Also I get a crap ton of Gold Knights, are the encounter rates really determined by how much money you spend?

Another edit

I'm probably in the neighborhood of thirty or so draws. Hit two black two gold the rest silver.

Is this strange?

You are overthinking this.

The gold knight spawn rate is such that if you spend all of your stamina for the next week on orbfest (as you should because it is the best use of said stamina), you will get more than the 100k chips required to win all of the roulette prizes.

It's just a flashy way to provide a baseline of guaranteed rewards for farming orbfest while disincentivizing over farming (I.e. Mythril refreshes) by pushing some orbs off the drop table.

On a related note,

Preliminary results on Reddit seem to be pointing to a drop rate of ~9-10 stamina per major orb. Dailies are typically around 13, last orbfest was around 6-7. It's not the best orbfest we've ever had by a long shot, but it's still an orbfest.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
It is a festival of orbs

an orbstravaganza

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Well, Apocalypse Gilgamesh was the wake-up call. Still was able to clear and master it solo, but it took an extremely long time and quite a few SLs thanks to Berserk RNG.

Probably going to dump an 11-pull on Banner 1 of OSBfest and hope for Kain BSB/Refia BSB/Terra OSB, and then slam the rest of my savings on FF14 banner 1.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
No apology mythril today for the server problems last night. :argh: Monsters.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
With the bonus battles tonight a friendly reminder that the FFV event lasts until January 10 so you can save them for after orbfest.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
After getting a bunch of roulette chip drops last night, I still haven't seen any yet today. Come on FFRK, papa needs his medicine!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Did they give us a stealth stamina refill or something? I went to sleep last night at 11:30, with about 5/175 stamina. At about 6 AM I check my stamina, and it showed 180/175. Six and a half hours isn't enough time to get 170 stamina, and that's not even taking into account the overflow which should have been impossible without refreshing.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Did they give us a stealth stamina refill or something? I went to sleep last night at 11:30, with about 5/175 stamina. At about 6 AM I check my stamina, and it showed 180/175. Six and a half hours isn't enough time to get 170 stamina, and that's not even taking into account the overflow which should have been impossible without refreshing.
you probably refilled it on accident before going to bed. Check your mythril/gems.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

My stamina was 135/174 when I woke up this morning, so either you were visited by an FF angel or you somehow spent a mythril on a stamina refresh without realizing it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Well, Apocalypse Gilgamesh was the wake-up call. Still was able to clear and master it solo, but it took an extremely long time and quite a few SLs thanks to Berserk RNG.

Probably going to dump an 11-pull on Banner 1 of OSBfest and hope for Kain BSB/Refia BSB/Terra OSB, and then slam the rest of my savings on FF14 banner 1.

I ran it the other day with a group in the discord channel and yeah it's really clear why we'll get/need D250/300 multiplayer fights. Teams that actually build themselves together just demolish the Apoc gilgamesh fight as long as RNG doesn't make him KO a bunch of people even through major resist.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Nihilarian posted:

you probably refilled it on accident before going to bed. Check your mythril/gems.

Went to sleep with 113 mythril and 100 gems. I have 114 mythril now, from the login bonus. So everything seems to be accounted for.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Twelve by Pies posted:

Went to sleep with 113 mythril and 100 gems. I have 114 mythril now, from the login bonus. So everything seems to be accounted for.

What about your GEMS?!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
This mystery needs solving. :colbert:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I got 2 mythril from the login today, maybe you did as well?

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

CaptainPsyko posted:

Preliminary results on Reddit seem to be pointing to a drop rate of ~9-10 stamina per major orb. Dailies are typically around 13, last orbfest was around 6-7. It's not the best orbfest we've ever had by a long shot, but it's still an orbfest.

Is this 9-10 stamina per 1 major orb equivalent of any type or per type available in the dungeon? For example, if I want to plan how many summon orbs I can get, should I count on 9-10 stamina per major orb or 27-30?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Stirdog posted:

Is this 9-10 stamina per 1 major orb equivalent of any type or per type available in the dungeon? For example, if I want to plan how many summon orbs I can get, should I count on 9-10 stamina per major orb or 27-30?

27-30

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Actually it's about 9 stamina per greater orb. Pretty significant difference.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Actually it's about 9 stamina per greater orb. Pretty significant difference.

Whoops! My typo there. I didn't even notice it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
That's also not counting the orbs you get from the roulette, which is a significant number until you run out of spins...which shouldn't be until the very end, given that you need 1036 spins to exhaust all of the prizes.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

A shame roulette doesn't have summon orbs, but we will finally get the summon daily in a few months so I can wait.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Man, I'm not having much luck getting all these chips. Or any of these chips. :negative:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I just went full magic on the turtles. I have gently caress-all phys synergy and great big piles of magic for V though.

When's the V Ultimates? I've got an Elite XIV Realm with a fifth shard waiting so I might just get them out of the way now. Or at least the Ultimate, I can spare an extra two stamina any time really

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

McDragon posted:

I just went full magic on the turtles. I have gently caress-all phys synergy and great big piles of magic for V though.

When's the V Ultimates? I've got an Elite XIV Realm with a fifth shard waiting so I might just get them out of the way now. Or at least the Ultimate, I can spare an extra two stamina any time really

3 hours 17 minutes.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oh, tonight, lovely. thanks

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Man, I'm not having much luck getting all these chips. Or any of these chips. :negative:

I have one round of chips and 6 rounds of Cactuars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
After complaining about not seeing any chips all morning, I just had a round with 3 sets of Gold Knights in a row. 7200 chips from 20 stamina. :homebrew:

• Locked thread