Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Short version: The same schedule as before, but without the 12 hour damage hold on phase 1. I like this.

In other news; I just got EP to 7* and the event achievement got me 7* Vader :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Who is my thematic Empire Sith squad and how do I mod them?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Who is my thematic Empire Sith squad and how do I mod them?

Palp, Vader, RG, TFP, Shore

Idk about mods

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Idk about mods

protection on the shoretrooper and rg, speed/crit/potency on the rest?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

My Emp fighting squad is AA, Leia, Luke, ST Han and Biggs. How should I mod them? I'm struggling with 6* since they're all under-geared.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just started a rancor raid for IGD. Reminder that damage now starts at 8 am, not 9.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
New word on the street is that 3-4* Chaze is worth it. Source is me. There's a 3* CI, 4* Base on my server, with Wiggs and 6* B2 that I can't even come close to beating.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah, there's one whale on my shard that has a g11 chirrut/baze that I have not yet dared to attack. Perhaps I should give it a try?

vs.

should be quite the epic battle!

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 24, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Finally swapped to a Wiggs team in Arena and I'm pushing to sub 50 with ease. Wiggs, Lando, STH(Speed modded) and Raid Han. I was using a Phasma, QGJ, Geno Sold, Rey and STH team before.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Chilichimp posted:

Idk about mods

Can confirm that this team owns, I have g11 tfp, ep, shore, g10 Vader/rg and barely any team can break through shore to even get at anyone else; but shore is modded to have 60k protection :hurr:.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm disappointed that I didn't quite have time to get the necessary star levels on all my rebels to get a 7star palpatine so I got a 6 instead. Is there much of a difference or is 6star still perfectly viable once geared and modded? (although by the time I get to that stage there will probably be another event)

Ah well at least I got a kickass rebel squad out of all that farming and I just broke into the sub 50s in arena. Staying there is a bitch though...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

rocket_Magnet posted:

Can confirm that this team owns, I have g11 tfp, ep, shore, g10 Vader/rg and barely any team can break through shore to even get at anyone else; but shore is modded to have 60k protection :hurr:.

sup empirebro :wave:

(my sht has 66k protection, I laugh at thee, Wiggs)

Currently debating whether I should break my faction squad and include Boba instead of RG because he owns hard. But RG is still pretty good so I dunno. Doesn't help both need approximately million mk5 stun guns to get to the next gear level :negative:

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 24, 2016

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

Cactus posted:

I'm disappointed that I didn't quite have time to get the necessary star levels on all my rebels to get a 7star palpatine so I got a 6 instead. Is there much of a difference or is 6star still perfectly viable once geared and modded? (although by the time I get to that stage there will probably be another event)

Ah well at least I got a kickass rebel squad out of all that farming and I just broke into the sub 50s in arena. Staying there is a bitch though...

Sub 50 is more of an awesome event than any character. Palpatine is cool and all, but an extra few hundred shards a week really helps.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ahahahaha, I just saw the greatest loving thing.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Ahahahaha, I just saw the greatest loving thing.

That is excellent.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Idgi

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

When you strike him down, the entire team will become more powerful than you could ever believe.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So basically get him to lvl 72, max out just that skill and put the minimum amount of gear on him so they can't avoid killing him with aoe and then you have 2 turns to wail on their most dangerous toons... holy poo poo I might try it, it seems to be working for that guy, at rank 13.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

So basically get him to lvl 72, max out just that skill and put the minimum amount of gear on him so they can't avoid killing him with aoe and then you have 2 turns to wail on their most dangerous toons... holy poo poo I might try it, it seems to be working for that guy, at rank 13.

The guy who uses is on Reddit swears that the primary reason it owns is for the turn-meter down and ability block on his special ability... the buffs on everyone else is just tertiary.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

The guy who uses is on Reddit swears that the primary reason it owns is for the turn-meter down and ability block on his special ability... the buffs on everyone else is just tertiary.

Considering that there are so many AoE teams at the moment (Wiggs, Droids, EP) it's a really genius idea.

Robin357Lazarus
Jul 5, 2008

I've been playing for awhile and it looks like I'll be sticking around for quite some time. Any guilds open for invite?

556-318-811

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

iGestalt posted:

Considering that there are so many AoE teams at the moment (Wiggs, Droids, EP) it's a really genius idea.

Until you come up against the sort of team that I and most of the top 10 in my shard run - TFP for buff immunity and Baze for AoE dispel means striking Obi down is just a sensible decision.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, didn't have any time for rancor raiding at all today, so I just put on Teebo, TFP, Phasma, EE, and QGJ on auto, did 1.3 million, so that's good to know. Sounds like people are able to auto the whole raid now with some kind of rebel concoction.
Also finally saw Rogue One, it's fantastic.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I'll do shore trooper when he gets farm able. I'll have lots of time to wait for it as my vader is still 5*.

It's about time empire teams were at least threatening.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Ok IGD goons, I'm going to be starting a tank raid soon. Here are the new and hopefully final rules:

1. Free for all attack on phase 1. Attack as much as you want.
2. Once p1 is down, damage is OFF until tomorrow morning at 8 am pacific.
3. Starting at 8 am pacific, everyone gets one attack per phase.
4. We'll switch the p2 damage start between 8 am and 8 pm if this works out.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Ok IGD goons, I'm going to be starting a tank raid soon. Here are the new and hopefully final rules:

1. Free for all attack on phase 1. Attack as much as you want.
2. Once p1 is down, damage is OFF until tomorrow morning at 8 am pacific.
3. Starting at 8 am pacific, everyone gets one attack per phase.
4. We'll switch the p2 damage start between 8 am and 8 pm if this works out.

poo poo. I am sorry, I saw this after doing an attempt on Phase 2. Will remember for the future.

Also, can anybody tell me what the go-to Android emulator is at the moment? Want to mess about in another SW Phone game that my own phone can't run super well.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 25, 2016

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

iGestalt posted:

Also, can anybody tell me what the go-to Android emulator is at the moment? Want to mess about in another SW Phone game that my own phone can't run super well.

I believe the current hotness is http://www.memuplay.com, I plan on setting it up at some point this week to find out.

EDIT: the URL tag was being stupid

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Dec 25, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

The Diddler posted:

I believe the current hotness is http://www.memuplay.com, I plan on setting it up at some point this week to find out.

EDIT: the URL tag was being stupid

Great, thank you. Now I can try out Star Wars: Uprising without my phone turning into a hotplate.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I use MEmu and it is fantastic.

iGestalt posted:

Now I can try out Star Wars: Uprising

I thought that game shut down months ago.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

I thought that game shut down months ago.

Oh. It did. gently caress. :(

I just want more Star Wars...

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Well there's "preregistration" advertised on the play store for a new game called star wars: force arena, you could give that a go when it releases? However, from the 1 or 2 screenshots they show on the store it looks like this game but with less characters, which is weird.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
When does a raid calculate the damage you contribute? Is it AFTER I click continue on the damage progress screen? Or does it calculate the damage as soon as it shows the progress screen?

iGestalt posted:

Oh. It did. gently caress. :(

I just want more Star Wars...

A goon here has a friend who works(ed?) at Kabam and he told us how the devs had to rub down the whales with saltwater, etc. There's another Star Wars game in the works called Star Wars: Force Arena. I think Australia has access already, and I hear it's a mix of MOBA + Clash of Clans or something.

e:

Cactus posted:

I'm disappointed that I didn't quite have time to get the necessary star levels on all my rebels to get a 7star palpatine so I got a 6 instead. Is there much of a difference or is 6star still perfectly viable once geared and modded?

6* is perfectly viable, absolutely. I used to run with a 5* EP until the event came back. And yeah, rebels are absolutely incredible. They're among the absolute best for both PvP and raids. Keep working on them (Wiggs, Lando, STHan for PvP+raids and Leia+Ackbar for raids) and work on your droids next (47, 86, 88, Nebit, Engineer).

e2: The only downside to not having 7* EP is that you won't be able to bring him into heroic raids :(

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 25, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

When does a raid calculate the damage you contribute? Is it AFTER I click continue on the damage progress screen? Or does it calculate the damage as soon as it shows the progress screen?

A goon here has a friend who works(ed?) at Kabam and he told us how the devs had to rub down the whales with saltwater, etc. There's another Star Wars game in the works called Star Wars: Force Arena. I think Australia has access already, and I hear it's a mix of MOBA + Clash of Clans or something.

Eh, I was only interested in Uprising as it looked like lovely Diablo but Star Wars. I'll hope someone unpacks the APK and finds a way to run it offline someday. I'll stick to our favorite lovely phone Star Wars game.

Capital, where are my 5 Christmas Chewie Shards?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Dr. Venture posted:

I just tried it out of interest and SWHOG crashes in the tutorial with error 104.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

I just tried it out of interest and SWHOG crashes in the tutorial with error 104.

Sorry man, I have no idea. It works flawlessly for me while Bluestacks always gave me issues. I hope you get it to work because being able to play this game half phone and half emulator is very enjoyable.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What do I have to give in here to get invited

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

ZenVulgarity posted:

What do I have to give in here to get invited

What's your number? I'll add you

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

What's your number? I'll add you

799-424-626

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Crap we're full up right now. Sorry I thought we had a few spots open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

Crap we're full up right now. Sorry I thought we had a few spots open.

:(

I'd still like some super high level Ally's!