Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

"play with goons, it's better than playing with pubbies"

"lol if you call these guys racial slurs it makes them really mad"

"lol i have this misconception goons take a moral highground because some parts of the forum are overly sjw"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Skoll posted:

"lol i have this misconception goons take a moral highground because some parts of the forum are overly sjw"

Hmm

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

If GIRL folks need quick CW points right now IS pubs are the easiest people in the world to farm

LRM centurions, LRM stalkers, LRM vindicators -- all are available for you to pump damage into

Oh

Oh my

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

seriously man I dropped in a KDK-3 in a CW assault match on Crimson and got 1700 damage and 7 kills

the last kill was a fresh jagermech who decided to stare me down from 20 meters away. I pumped the last of my ammo into his CT, killed him, and ejected

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

seriously man I dropped in a KDK-3 in a CW assault match on Crimson and got 1700 damage and 7 kills

the last kill was a fresh jagermech who decided to stare me down from 20 meters away. I pumped the last of my ammo into his CT, killed him, and ejected

Can you invite to girl

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Can you invite to girl

Not until midnight tonight but if others are around ...

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
skrrrrrt

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 24, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Anita Dickinme posted:

I'm actually on tonight(surprising right?). Post in-game names!

Jyn Erso

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So girl is Clan and wol is IS? What's the game's requirements for joining? I'm still figuring out some of these mechanics, but I think I'm coming along-ish. Someone explained the mastery stuff that's soon to be different on mumble the other night and that was drat helpful.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PathAsc posted:

So girl is Clan and wol is IS? What's the game's requirements for joining? I'm still figuring out some of these mechanics, but I think I'm coming along-ish. Someone explained the mastery stuff that's soon to be different on mumble the other night and that was drat helpful.

You must complete a Trial of Walter.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

PathAsc posted:

No requirements on your end, there's just a fee for joining on the unit's end

read the OP and second post and then check out this thread, it's p. useful https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/241936-skill-disparity/

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was wrong. Internet took a poop. Someone else adult the people who need invites.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
good games y'all

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

Jesus Christ stay out of DnD or don't come here

e: that was wrong of me to say, but I mean have a bit of awareness in your life.

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 24, 2016

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

We don't like your kind 'round here.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Skoll posted:

Hahaha shitlord

Edit: hahah are you guys really saying racial slurs are fine?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Id like to mention that 9 small pulse hunch does 24 dps inside its lovely range bracket and can core out almost anything before they kill you

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Hahaha shitlord

Edit: hahah are you guys really saying racial slurs are fine?

We're saying it's about ethics in bad robot games.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Skoll posted:

We're saying it's about ethics in bad robot games.

guys its just in a game dont worry about it

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010
Just built a 2 LBX-10 4 ERML Ebon Jaguar, I am enjoying this thing greatly.

EDIT: Also pubbies play much better when you tell them what to do, amazingly you can actually get them to move as well.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Ebon Jaguars seem to be the jack of all trades clan heavy.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

Ebon Jaguars seem to be the jack of all trades clan heavy.

Isn't the timber too? It also gets JJs.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Ebon is smaller and mounts it's weapons higher. The timber is a much higher priority target once the brawl begins, has jump jets and low slung arms.

It's a preference thing basically.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

You really can't underestimate the benefit of not looking as scary as something else. The best example off the top of my head is a HBK vs. a HBK IIC. I can routinely get 500-600 damage rounds farting around in my 2UAC5 grid iron, and half the time i'm pumping rounds into someone who is concentrating on killing the Atlas or Timber or Kodiak or whatever that's in my general area.

HBK IIC? Oh gently caress man those are on a lot of people's kill on sight lists. You can still do a lot of good work if you stand next to something people want dead even more, but I notice that I draw a lot more fire in general.

See also driving a Kodiak these days. You better be on top of your hill hump game because you are target #1 when the main fight starts.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cyrano4747 posted:

You really can't underestimate the benefit of not looking as scary as something else. The best example off the top of my head is a HBK vs. a HBK IIC. I can routinely get 500-600 damage rounds farting around in my 2UAC5 grid iron, and half the time i'm pumping rounds into someone who is concentrating on killing the Atlas or Timber or Kodiak or whatever that's in my general area.

HBK IIC? Oh gently caress man those are on a lot of people's kill on sight lists. You can still do a lot of good work if you stand next to something people want dead even more, but I notice that I draw a lot more fire in general.

See also driving a Kodiak these days. You better be on top of your hill hump game because you are target #1 when the main fight starts.

See also: cicada

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
If calling random people friend of the family is the best way you can troll over voip you're retarded fyi

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Aff comm, batchall dezgra queequeg desu ka?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
A guy who thought the other team was hacking because they knew where his weapons were on a Blackjack once just started screaming over VOIP, like just straight raging and I felt pretty trolled.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Buschmaki posted:

A guy who thought the other team was hacking because they knew where his weapons were on a Blackjack once just started screaming over VOIP, like just straight raging and I felt pretty trolled.

That guy sounds ftw, quite frankly

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Buschmaki posted:

Don't voip-shame veedub.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

armchairyoda posted:

Don't voip-shame veedub.

:boom:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Mechwarriors: Surprisingly Racist 5: Mercenaries Edition

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just had to watch an LRM-20, ER PPC, LBX-10, TAG Atlas on my team get brawled by a raven for 3 minutes and die.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

armchairyoda posted:

Don't voip-shame veedub.

I just log off at the first sign of getting pissed off at robots now. Drink a few beers and come back later when I'm more in the spirit of :pgi:

JUST A QUICK REMINDER, MARIK VIOLET IS NOW ON SALE UNTIL TOMORROW.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 24, 2016

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Artificer posted:

Isn't the timber too? It also gets JJs.

I've only had success brawling or lasers with the timber. I'm terrible at this game so it could just be me.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm not sure what it is about the TBR but while I recognize that it's a great mech I can't do well with it outside of midrange. I guess it doesn't really have the mounts to poke long range and doesn't have the structure quirks to brawl. There are some builds like the 4ASRM6 + uAC20 that seem like they should be nasty, but they just don't perform, especially compared to midrange laservom.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

The most hilarious rage I've got in this game so far is scout here spam or pretending to not speak english and "accidentally" shooting the most annoying teammate.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

aniviron posted:

I'm not sure what it is about the TBR but while I recognize that it's a great mech I can't do well with it outside of midrange. I guess it doesn't really have the mounts to poke long range and doesn't have the structure quirks to brawl. There are some builds like the 4ASRM6 + uAC20 that seem like they should be nasty, but they just don't perform, especially compared to midrange laservom.

Well SRMs and AC/20s don't have anywhere near the range to exchange with laser pokers so basically don't get drawn into exchanging with people who can. Plus despite the great engine the TBR is a pretty big loving mech and unless you're hill humping with those shoulder energy mounts then you need to expose a lot of chassis to open fire.

You can absolutely brawl in zero structure quirks clanmechs but brawling is heavily team reliant for positioning and joint pushes - you go in solo you'll get ripped apart regardless.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
With the timberwolf you roll in on people and blast them in the face. It pushes with its guns and trades a side torso for an enemy mech kill in 1v1 situations. I will usually prioritize timberwolves as a target, and will usually shoot the right side of the mech because most builds will have their equipment slanted onto that side, with the exception being the meta timberwolf that has its ERPPC and gauss on the left side.

Part of piloting a timberwolf well is knowing when someone is trying to steal one of your side torsos and twisting to shield it, because the moment you lose one of your sides your firepower, speed, and heat capacity drop drastically. If they're mostly going CT then you need to wiggle your nose like the marauder to distribute damage to your sides as well. Most timber pilots that I run into don't do either and end up dying like dummies.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

DancingShade posted:

You can absolutely brawl in zero structure quirks clanmechs but brawling is heavily team reliant for positioning and joint pushes - you go in solo you'll get ripped apart regardless.

It's my preferred TBR mindset but you absolutely will get torn up unless you take people completely by surprise. Which is also partially why an AC20 isn't a good fit on a TBR: the only time I haven't lost some or half of my weapons is that 'complete surprise and owning everything' case in my 4xASRM6 4xSPL TBR.

• Locked thread