Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqWUoy7d8Qc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I only approve of video games hawking products if they're integrated into the actual game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There we go, finished the demo on Hard. Turns out there's nothing stopping you from just spamming R2 to dodge through just about anything, which I'm fine with, because the dodge animation looks sweet as hell and I still got hit when I got the rhythm wrong.

Definitely a day one buy for me, the melee combat is fun as hell and I can't wait to see what other weapons the main game will have.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't believe Stardew Valley is nominated for a bunch of Steam Awards but not the only one it actually qualifies for, "Just Five More Minutes"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

These Steam Awards make a mockery of video game awards!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
That reminds me, I forgot about Total Warhammer. That was another great game this year and a good "one more turn" game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What the gently caress

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Nathan Drake remains Subway's most morally upstanding spokesperson

https://youtu.be/tDH140dLq5M

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 24, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4k8hu1aLJ8

Related to that video, this also good video

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

No one's going to start setting up their christmas nintendos for another two days. Today is probably a low point in everyone's CS load.

There should be close to zero actually. Nintendo has already discontinued the Wii U and I doubt many are buying the 3DS at this point considering its age.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

There should be close to zero actually. Nintendo has already discontinued the Wii U and I doubt many are buying the 3DS at this point considering its age.

lol yes sure no one is buying a 3ds

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

The 3DS is selling extremely well, partially because of the new Pokémon??

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

The 3DS is selling extremely well, partially because of the new Pokémon??

Perhaps but probably not, everyone who cares already owns a 3DS, I mean its not like this is the first Pokemon on the system. The Black Friday deal was probably its last major hurrah.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

why are you being mean to nintendo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The 3DS is almost literally sold out everywhere, lmao.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Phantasium posted:

Seriously. Shut up, my drat cousin can't find one for her kid.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Because Nintendo isn't making it anymore. They want everyone to move over to the Switch.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
lol shut up

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Because Nintendo isn't making it anymore. They want everyone to move over to the Switch.

Yeah, that's the reason, not Pokemon and Christmas.

That's also why they have games coming out for the 3DS well into next year.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo has not discontinued production on the 3DS? I'm not sure where you heard that but it isn't true.

I mean nobody really believe Nintendo's "The Switch isn't meant to replace the 3DS" stuff but they're not going to stop manufacturing the 3DS anytime soon even if the Switch is a success.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Yeah, that's the reason, not Pokemon and Christmas.

That's also why they have games coming out for the 3DS well into next year.

I only see like 9 games in development for 2017 and the only one worth anything is Dragon Quest???

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In Garfield Kart, Arlene exists. However, she is nothing but a strictly worse version of Odie.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

star citizen is switching engines, 4 years into development, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_L5i24e7Rc

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_L5i24e7Rc

Hahaha fuckin lol.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Haha, they had to find a way to keep the money train going while still not releasing anything, now they'll have some fresh excuses.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Apparently their new engine (Lumberyard) is just an offshoot of their previous one (CryEngine)? If that's true, then it's not as funny as I'd want.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

It is rare, even on the Internet, to see someone arguing with as little information as you do that is still, even by random chance, getting so much wrong.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

Haha, they had to find a way to keep the money train going while still not releasing anything, now they'll have some fresh excuses.

quote:

Making the transition to Lumberyard and AWS has been very easy and has not delayed any of our work, as broadly, the technology switch was a ‘like-for-like’ change, which is now complete.

It's cool bro no delays at all porting over to this new engine. Please continue to donate

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

It is rare, even on the Internet, to see someone arguing with as little information as you do that is still, even by random chance, getting so much wrong.

ooh well

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Man, the frog fractions people at least built in a reason to not have to keep justifying running with the money.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the post-mortem for star citizen's cancellation in 2025 will be incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Motto posted:

Man, the frog fractions people at least built in a reason to not have to keep justifying running with the money.

Did this turn out to be a scam? I think I backed it for like 8 dollars 4 years ago.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Did this turn out to be a scam? I think I backed it for like 8 dollars 4 years ago.

There's been an ongoing ARG for awhile now, to the point where some people are thinking that the ARG itself may be Frog Fractions 2. Last I heard was that big thing where a bunch of indie devs put a glyph in their games that was connected to it all.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

the post-mortem for star citizen's cancellation in 2025 will be incredible
If there will be a post-mortem. The similarities to DNF are striking but something tells me SC simply can't release because at this point what they promise is impossible (3-4 gigantic games in one that no studio could handle) but they're too far down the rabbit hole to go back on any of their claims.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Maybe. Maybe not. That's the trouble with saying your gonna release a Gabe but not tell when it what it's called

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's a big ARG that appears to be linked to it, but I guess we don't really know.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Star Citizen guys should just copy the No Man Sky code line for line and release that

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I really want an insider who's been there since the beginning to write a book about Star Citizen here in a few years so I can read about all the wacky poo poo that happened without having to trawl through 100,000 obsessive forum posts about every single word the developers' families tweet or whatever, but I suspect anybody that close to the development is about as likely to finish an interesting tell-all book as they are the game

There need to be more of those about everything. I'm looking forward to reading the ones about the Clinton and Trump campaigns, too

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

Apparently their new engine (Lumberyard) is just an offshoot of their previous one (CryEngine)? If that's true, then it's not as funny as I'd want.

Yeah, it is so it probably actually isn't a big shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone is bailing on Crytek now that they are going under.

• Locked thread