Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

one of the escalation targets is an, uh, interesting guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNCrirbWd4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKENqn_78C8

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

father i seek atonement

fuggedabout it... ya galook...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm prayin here!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's funny because in hitman 2 47 lives in a church with a priest until he's kidnapped and has to kill his clone brother agent 17. not really :newlol: funny but something to think about

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i had no idea there was a love letter

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the tip.

-Cumshitter

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

Thanks for the tip, cumshitter.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
if i bought the episodes piecemeal instead of the season bundle do I not get access to the Sapienza "The Icon" mission and whatever that special Marrakesh one is? when i try to select them it just takes me to the store page but there's nothing left to actually buy since i own all the eps. from what i heard i'm not missing out on all that much but that's still extremely fuckin lame if true lol . that's what i get for trying to save 4 cents by buying them one by one at 4.99 apiece instead of in a bundle for 24.99 ..... gaming on a budget

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

if i bought the episodes piecemeal instead of the season bundle do I not get access to the Sapienza "The Icon" mission and whatever that special Marrakesh one is? when i try to select them it just takes me to the store page but there's nothing left to actually buy since i own all the eps. from what i heard i'm not missing out on all that much but that's still extremely fuckin lame if true lol . that's what i get for trying to save 4 cents by buying them one by one at 4.99 apiece instead of in a bundle for 24.99 ..... gaming on a budget

they are gonna sell a pack of the bonus levels next month when the disc version comes out

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just beat Sapienza for the first time. My method:

The virus was first. I'd found out about the biolab laptop dongle on a trip down there in another run, but was way too late to find the scientist in the church. So for my winning run, I went to the church first, punched her out in the confessional because I didn't want to wait for her to go be alone with the body in the morgue, ran out of the church, knocked out the morgue keeper, then stole the lab outfit from the corpse. A ton of scientists find you suspicious in a lab coat, but if you jog you can run past them before they figure you out. I subdued the scientist by the laptop and activated it, and then it was a clear run out the cave.

That led me to the section with the cannons. While trying to find my way back, I realized one cannon aimed at the golf course. Used that to kill the male target whose name I'm forgetting. The creepy dude.

I found di Silva, and eavesdropped on her phone conversation. While considering my next move, I found the faucet and loose wire, and killed her with that while hiding up on the roof.

I tried to go find the secret room with the plague outfit and the security box to erase the camera footage, but couldn't remember where it was even though I'd found it on an unsuccessful run. So I just ended up disguising myself as housekeeping and walking out the front door, then took the car to end the mission.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Not sure if I love colorado but I appreciate them trying something different for an episode. Kinda feels like MGS: Ground Zeroes or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just beat Sapienza for the first time. My method:

The virus was first. I'd found out about the biolab laptop dongle on a trip down there in another run, but was way too late to find the scientist in the church. So for my winning run, I went to the church first, punched her out in the confessional because I didn't want to wait for her to go be alone with the body in the morgue, ran out of the church, knocked out the morgue keeper, then stole the lab outfit from the corpse. A ton of scientists find you suspicious in a lab coat, but if you jog you can run past them before they figure you out. I subdued the scientist by the laptop and activated it, and then it was a clear run out the cave.

That led me to the section with the cannons. While trying to find my way back, I realized one cannon aimed at the golf course. Used that to kill the male target whose name I'm forgetting. The creepy dude.

I found di Silva, and eavesdropped on her phone conversation. While considering my next move, I found the faucet and loose wire, and killed her with that while hiding up on the roof.

I tried to go find the secret room with the plague outfit and the security box to erase the camera footage, but couldn't remember where it was even though I'd found it on an unsuccessful run. So I just ended up disguising myself as housekeeping and walking out the front door, then took the car to end the mission.

THats how I killed her my second time and its pretty fun. Im about to boot this up, finish the assasinations I wanna try in Sapienza and move on to the next map.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i tried electrocuting her once but a guard walked into my trap first and i couldn't hide the body in time and it turned into a gunfight, which i lost

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Finally beat Marrakesh after being too retarded to do it for a while. Disguising yourself as the prisoner and then breaking Zaydan's neck when he comes to interrogate you is so badass

Bangkok had a good one too. Disguising as hotel staff, leading the lawyer to his penthouse, and spending like 5 minutes getting berated and forced to clean by him makes drowning him in the toilet he's inspecting for cleanliness so unbelievably satisfying. I love this game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Finally beat Marrakesh after being too retarded to do it for a while. Disguising yourself as the prisoner and then breaking Zaydan's neck when he comes to interrogate you is so badass

hell yeah

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Bangkok had a good one too. Disguising as hotel staff, leading the lawyer to his penthouse, and spending like 5 minutes getting berated and forced to clean by him makes drowning him in the toilet he's inspecting for cleanliness so unbelievably satisfying. I love this game.

Bangkok has one that's pretty circuitous but awesome that involves this same opportunity. It can be tough to figure this out but I'll tag it because it's one of the game's best:

If you disguise yourself as an exterminator and talk to the hotel manager, she'll make Jordan Cross vacate his penthouse and wait in the atrium. Then, if you disguise yourself as a bellhop and tell Ken Morgan his suite is ready, you can make him follow you through the atrium so Cross sees him. The briefing mentions that Cross had no idea Morgan was at the hotel. They get in an argument and Morgan asks him to talk privately in his suite. Cross already has a penchant for pushing people off buildings and well...

The name for this is Oops! I did it again! :v:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Found the detective, that's a fun little encounter.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Bangkok has one that's pretty circuitous but awesome that involves this same opportunity. It can be tough to figure this out but I'll tag it because it's one of the game's best:

If you disguise yourself as an exterminator and talk to the hotel manager, she'll make Jordan Cross vacate his penthouse and wait in the atrium. Then, if you disguise yourself as a bellhop and tell Ken Morgan his suite is ready, you can make him follow you through the atrium so Cross sees him. The briefing mentions that Cross had no idea Morgan was at the hotel. They get in an argument and Morgan asks him to talk privately in his suite. Cross already has a penchant for pushing people off buildings and well...

The name for this is Oops! I did it again! :v:

Oh my loving god this game owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I felt like I was really really close to figuring out Eye for an Eye but it didn't trigger anything special so I ended up just snapping his neck at the top of the observatory

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

trying to do the Silent Assassin Suit Only challenge is tough as poo poo... I've been working at it on the Final Test for like 45 minutes with no luck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually think the training missions are harder than the actual ones because the levels are way smaller and there's fewer opportunities to sneak around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marrakesh seems crazy :stare:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

A cool drat horse posted:

trying to do the Silent Assassin Suit Only challenge is tough as poo poo... I've been working at it on the Final Test for like 45 minutes with no luck.

If you sneak off to the side of the building where the little guard shack is, past the two flight crew members talking about the safety check, you can sneak around the hangar to a pipe you can climb to get to the bathroom near the command room where Jesper's chessboard is. From here you can use coin fuckery or the sink to lure his guard in, then you can kill Jesper pretty easily by garroting, shooting, neck snapping, etc. Hide his and his guard's body in the bathroom crate. Leave the way you came and you can probably manage it all in just a few minutes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If you sneak off to the side of the building where the little guard shack is, past the two flight crew members talking about the safety check, you can sneak around the hangar to a pipe you can climb to get to the bathroom near the command room where Jesper's chessboard is. From here you can use coin fuckery or the sink to lure his guard in, then you can kill Jesper pretty easily by garroting, shooting, neck snapping, etc. Hide his and his guard's body in the bathroom crate. Leave the way you came and you can probably manage it all in just a few minutes.

he can figure it out, meatwad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat marrakesh, seemed a bit easier than Sapienza but there's also a lot of fun looking stuff in the embassy, didn't explore much of the army area because I stumbled on an easy kill right away. I became the masseuse and broke that guy's neck and hid in the closet in the prisoner's room and garroted the general

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

elf help book posted:

he can figure it out, meatwad

Where you see a post, I see a cry for help

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

i tried electrocuting her once but a guard walked into my trap first and i couldn't hide the body in time and it turned into a gunfight, which i lost

Once I let my friends play my PS4 when I was at class and when I came back I discovered they failed an elusive target for me because they thought they could play hitman like an action game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

frank.club posted:

Once I let my friends play my PS4 when I was at class and when I came back I discovered they failed an elusive target for me because they thought they could play hitman like an action game

gah

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

frank.club posted:

Thats hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Marrakesh is my least favorite of the levels so far. The crowd area is cool but kind of irrelevant for basically all the kills.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

marrakesh is good, its 3 good levels

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Thats hosed up.

I forgave them

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

I forgave them

his name?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ahmed

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I think Marrakesh is my least favorite of the levels so far. The crowd area is cool but kind of irrelevant for basically all the kills.

yah i dont really like it tbh. have you played the colorado one?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Marakesh is my least liked map but the sniper challenge for it was a lot of fun to do

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've managed part of Marrakesh so far, taken out the general. Threw a can of cola at a guard, then scissors at the general. Still my favorite way to assassinate targets. It's fun to have a signature style. I did it while he was in the middle of mocking the prisoner, too, which made it very satisfying. In Paris, I flung scissors at the designer while he was on the phone in front of his bodyguard. But I messed up the embassy pretty quick. I like to run entire levels in one go, rather than reload saves, and Marrakesh is going to take a while because it's so long. So far, I've only reloaded once, because of a bug/unintended issue: When the printers go to turn on the press after the general's lecture, it counts as investigating the turned-off press. I was standing in line with them watching the lecture, when one of them yelled "Hey, you did this!" and then every single person in the room freaked out. So I reloaded, because lmao.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Everything about this game is amazing. Areas feel very lived-in, and it's so much better at sandbox gameplay than actual open world games. Turns out a small area packed with stuff is more interesting than a giant-rear end Bethesda hellhole, who knew. This is a contender for GOTY for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everything about this game is amazing. Areas feel very lived-in, and it's so much better at sandbox gameplay than actual open world games. Turns out a small area packed with stuff is more interesting than a giant-rear end Bethesda hellhole, who knew. This is a contender for GOTY for me.

I wish the voiceacting was better. It's literally just two people who do all of the voices lmao

• Locked thread