Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

I wish the voiceacting was better. It's literally just two people who do all of the voices lmao
Haha, yeah. One of them also sounds a little like Patton Oswalt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like that they didn't try to do accents in Morocco. Everyone just sounds extremely American while talking about "western capitalism" or their famous Moroccan spice blend. It's an entire city of tourists, I enjoy it a lot.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

e: nm didn't read next page

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I think Marrakesh is my least favorite of the levels so far. The crowd area is cool but kind of irrelevant for basically all the kills.

Yeah it seems amazing at first because it looks like a crazier Sapienza but it's not. The embassy is cool at least, and the bonus mission makes great use of the market area

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Not gonna quote the giant redacted cia files from last page but make sure to explore the Bangkok musician area thoroughly when disguised as an exterminator

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a dream last night that there was a hidden island part in Sapienza with its out unique assassination, where you could get Silvio and the doctor to rendezvous there via speedboat. When I woke up i almost googled it to see if it was real

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i wish doing the hokkaido fowlplay thing unlocked the uniform/bat to take into other missions :(

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

oddium posted:

i wish doing the hokkaido fowlplay thing unlocked the uniform/bat to take into other missions :(

I just found that for the first time last night and had a lot of fun seeing how far i could get. I have no idea how to take out that waiting room full of them, and it seems like they just keep coming forever if an alert goes off. Left a save right after changing into it at least

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doing the marrakesh assassination where you have both targets meet in the tunnel was a pain in the rear end to pull off but drat that feels good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It took a shitload of reloads but I got Marakesh SASO. The consulate kill was easy peasy but the school area is a nightmare for that, so many tightly packed guard routes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It took a shitload of reloads but I got Marakesh SASO. The consulate kill was easy peasy but the school area is a nightmare for that, so many tightly packed guard routes.

theres an easy way to kill the general without even visiting the school or attacking him

its cool you did it without that method tho

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

HORMELCHILI posted:

I just found that for the first time last night and had a lot of fun seeing how far i could get. I have no idea how to take out that waiting room full of them, and it seems like they just keep coming forever if an alert goes off. Left a save right after changing into it at least

the absolute rudest part is if you're looking around a corner in cover or standing over a body the attack button context changes to subdue/snap neck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

theres an easy way to kill the general without even visiting the school or attacking him

its cool you did it without that method tho

The way I did it was grab the head master key, and pick up the fat stack of coins in the shoe shop. Methodically pull and knock out the two guards on the far right entrance, sneak in, open the nearby door with the key, sneak into the back room where the two guys talk poo poo into the mic, sneak past them and use the hole in the staircase to get into the room with the sleep guards, sneak past them into the window to sneak into the next room over, drop down that hole and use coins to knock out the two guards who watch over the prisoner. Go into the now clear prisoner room, wait in the closet for the general to come talk to him and garrote him mid taunt. Leave the way I came. It took ages

I watched a video afterwards and theres a way into the school area that would have shaved like 10 minutes easy off my attempt lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just SASO'd Paris with the terminal velocity approach, and it felt so good to pull off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marrakesh mastery achieved. My last run was as th e fortune teller murdering everyone I came across with a scimitar which was very therapeutic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bangkok seems like it will be my favorite map so far but I think i need to take a Hitman break. Its been a lot of hitman in the last few days

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think Colorado is my favorite map so far. It may not be once I start replaying them all for mastery but doing it once for the story and once more for the Sarajevo Six I think the relatively small, dense level with several targets was a cool change of pace. I did the Point Man thing to take out Parvati and I didn't even realize the leader of the militia comes to the debriefing. I triggered the ram to kill her and had no idea the other guy was there until Diana was like "ah, killing two flies with one swat?"

The whole level was like a throwback to the cornfield mission in Absolution with the paramilitary enemies on a farm, the scarecrow costume, the multiple targets in a small area, the balers you can mulch people in, etc. As one of the three people on earth that really liked Absolution I thought that was pretty neat.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Also I want a game where you play as Parvati. The one-armed former gun-runner and assassin for the Tamil Tigers who then turned to piracy after the Tigers disbanded is way more badass than most game protagonists.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you bought this for PS4 definitely play the Sarajevo six missions in order of the maps or at least play the Japan one last. There's a really cool gimmick to the last one that would be ruined if you played that one first

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hope they port the sarajevo six to the other platforms eventually, sounds cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
what the hell is the sarajevo six.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I was about to say. I haven't seen that on PC.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

PS4 exclusive missions where you have to take out a merc from that CICADA unit from the Paris mission in each map. They're pretty cool, they're usually like tied to the regular objective in some way, like the one in Marrakech is there as an advisor to the general but is also in charge of the evacuation of the banker if you trigger an evacuation and stuff like that.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, they're really cool side story missions that also kinda serve as elusive target practice. For whatever reason they're PS4 exclusive

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That explains why people occasionally ramble schizophrenically about CICADA when they're nowhere to be seen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat, sounds pretty cool. I'm assuming there will be some major patch happening in January when the full release happens

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like them a lot because they're like this weird alternate reality storyline where all the huge events from the story are still happening but the target is just tangentially related. So like the shady auction where the world's elite secretly bid on information and illegal goods is still happening just like it does in the main Paris mission but you're just there to take out the mercenary in charge of security at the auction instead of doing anything about the event itself. Makes you feel more like a cynical hitman just in it for the contract.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its one of the many small touches that I really appreciate in these games that I tried to overflow a sink in the room full of drug addled crew members in Bangkok and none of them budged because theyre totally wasted and already trashed the hotel room so it didnt even register as something to investigate lol.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want to try some user contracts but the search and filters are weirdly poo poo so I'm discouraged

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Haha, yeah. One of them also sounds a little like Patton Oswalt.

I doubt it's him... This seems like a game that would hit a little too close to home.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I want to try some user contracts but the search and filters are weirdly poo poo so I'm discouraged

Can you find ones made by friends easily? I havent tried making one but Im curious how it works and could whip up something cool for Paris or Sapienza.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made one but idk how to share it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should be able to search by username or the name of the contract

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's called See You Next Fall ID 1-03-7696971. It's pretty easy but now I that I know how making these works I may try some cooler ones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also just found out this game has leaderboards for every mission so now i want to be #1 on my friends list for all of them. I currently am in paris and sapienza but I need to do marrakesh SASO faster which I can definitely do now that I know the poison kill on the general.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It's called See You Next Fall ID 1-03-7696971. It's pretty easy but now I that I know how making these works I may try some cooler ones

They're fun to make if you can think of an odd way to kill someone. Something else that is important to know is that contracts you make in the contract maker do count towards certain achievements. So if you don't want to play the Sapenzia mission a ton of times to get the sniper challenge completed you can create a contract with 5 targets or something to easily complete a challenge. Heads up on the kill 10 targets challenge it has to be 10 different npcs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

They're fun to make if you can think of an odd way to kill someone. Something else that is important to know is that contracts you make in the contract maker do count towards certain achievements. So if you don't want to play the Sapenzia mission a ton of times to get the sniper challenge completed you can create a contract with 5 targets or something to easily complete a challenge. Heads up on the kill 10 targets challenge it has to be 10 different npcs.

I started playing a cool one where a guy wrote some little RP paragraph about how all the other restaurant owners in Sapienza were forcing out the baker so you have to kill all 5 restaurant owners in accidents. Seems like a really fun system to dig into once I finish getting max mastery on all the maps

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I started playing a cool one where a guy wrote some little RP paragraph about how all the other restaurant owners in Sapienza were forcing out the baker so you have to kill all 5 restaurant owners in accidents. Seems like a really fun system to dig into once I finish getting max mastery on all the maps

I made one where you delivered an explosive in the kitchen guys outfit to the lazy dude's door. I meant to expand the pizza delivery man role play hits

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like when people put cool stories in them. I don't usually do the whole imaginary RP in a single player game thing but Hitman gets my imagination going... putting down yr newspaper and getting up to get to business in the Sapienza marketplace is such a great start to a level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I like when people put cool stories in them. I don't usually do the whole imaginary RP in a single player game thing but Hitman gets my imagination going... putting down yr newspaper and getting up to get to business in the Sapienza marketplace is such a great start to a level

I blend in all the time for no reason.

• Locked thread