Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Neither, I'm sure it were to open it's rear end it would have a wedding ring.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Paladinus posted:

I'd really love Curtis to branch out into memes. Watching three hours of well-researched information may be a bit taxing on the old brain, but a meme image would be just the right medium to learn about hidden failures of our society.

How about three minutes of the meme that is Adam Curtis?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg

skeeballcore
Mar 17, 2009

Beer_Suitcase posted:

It tells you in the lil game booklet what all the fruit do, or one of the speaker boxes explains it to you.

I only know this because I spent many of my formative Mario years just watching people play or reading the game booklet because I was too poor to afford one and the kids that did have them weren't great at sharing.

:smith:

:smith:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/ShitpostBot5000/status/812236351890460673

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

:eyepop:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

From the Idakoos thread in GBS:

you irl posted:

well i guess it's that point in the thread where we start playing the hits...

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Nuevo posted:

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN

I miss real Steam sales :sigh:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/ShitpostBot5000/status/812372239966474241

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Nuevo posted:

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN

Only scrubs use Steam. GOG.com sales are where it's at.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Jamesman posted:

Only scrubs use steam

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jamesman posted:

Only scrubs use Steam. GOG.com sales are where it's at.

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Steam Shills, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on console plebs, and I have over 30000 confirmed purchases.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Steam Shills, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on console plebs, and I have over 30000 confirmed purchases.
What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you console peasant? I'll have you know I use the most elite PC your console can't even match, and I've been involved in numerous mods over the interwebz, and I have over 300 confirmed gigbabytes of RAM. I am trained in glorious pc gaming master race and I'm the top sniper in all the FPS games because I am using a mouse and not a controller with auto-aim. You are nothing to me but just another peasant. I will wipe you and your dirty consoles the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that consoles are better then PC over the Internet? Think again, peasant. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is already traced because you loving registered on Xbox Live, Playstation Plus and Nintendo Network so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life and your shitload console. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over a Googoplexian ways because my PC can handle the calculation of it, and that's just with my laptop. Not only am I extensively trained in simultaneous keyboard and mouse commands, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Logitech, Razer, Steelseries,Sennheiser, Saitek, Corsair, Filco, A4Tech, Roccat, MadCatz, CM Storm and Microsoft and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable console peasant rear end off the face of the continent with your filthy consoles stuffed inside your body, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment about loving consoles was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue about your console, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it, You're loving dead, peasant.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RIP Ingvild Deila

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

edit: two queens, one year

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Dec 24, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
loving meme thread, every time.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So spicy :shittypop:
She's currently in the hospital in critical condition

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
She's reported to no longer be in critical condition. Whew.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, heart attacks are very survivable these days if you catch it fast (say, when you are on an airplane surrounded by people instead of at home alone) and you have good supportive care (as a wealthy movie star does).

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mother fuckers had me thinking she died. Imo no hilarious death memes unless its confirmed.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Jastiger posted:

Mother fuckers had me thinking she died. Imo no hilarious death memes unless its confirmed.

She's dead to Star Wars fans because she didn't age as nicely as they wanted her to.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

She's dead to Star Wars fans because she didn't age as nicely as they wanted her to.

I wanna know who these fans are, because Carrie Fisher is a total GILF.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No longer in critical condition.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Right titty looks enhanced

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Spectral Debt posted:

Right titty looks enhanced

Higher-res version, make up your own mind. Not in-lining it for hugeness.

http://i.imgur.com/vaIb2Pt.jpg

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Say Nothing posted:

No longer in critical condition.

False news. Update your memes.

quote:

He also addressed an earlier comment attributed to him, in which he was alleged to have said his sister was in “stable condition.”

“I don’t know where they got that word from. That is absolutely not even close to the truth. We don’t know. We hope for the best. We certainly do not know her condition, that’s why she is in ICU. I’m sure everyone wants to speculate but now is not the time for that.”

http://etcanada.com/news/190820/carrie-fisher-suffers-massive-heart-attack-on-plane/

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Jastiger posted:

From what people were tweeting that were on the plane, it was like 10 to 15 minutes before they got a pulse back.
She brain dead, yo

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Chancing of surviving cardiac arrest is about 4%. Something tells me a plane doesn't have the proper equipment and medication on board (and trained medics) to give the best possible cpr.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Johnny Aztec posted:

From what people were tweeting that were on the plane, it was like 10 to 15 minutes before they got a pulse back.
She brain dead, yo

Only if A)people checked their watches instead of going by how long it felt like during an emergency and B)if nobody was doing CPR during that time since that (kind of) circulates (partially) oxygenated blood enough to keep a brain alive until an AED/adrenaline can bring them back.

(I haven't read anything about what happened except what is in this thread)

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Chancing of surviving cardiac arrest is about 4%. Something tells me a plane doesn't have the proper equipment and medication on board (and trained medics) to give the best possible cpr.

They probably had an AED and at least a few people on board who are doctors/nurses/whatever. Its not the ER, but it sure as poo poo beats being alone in your kitchen when you have a heart attack.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

She brain dead, yo

Apparently an off-duty EMT was doing CPR during that 10 minutes though. I don't have enough medical knowledge to know if that means she might make it, or if the odds are still pretty dire.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that emt is gonna have a great party story

"oh, yeah, that's pretty cool, but did I tell you about the time I was on an airplane and saved princess leia from a heart attack?"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can we please get chitoryu12 to weigh in with his expert opinion?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

still got a few days left in the year

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Tiny Lowtax posted:

An otherwise healthy person who has a heart attack and drops, then proceeds to get appropriate CPR, defibrillation, heart cath, and therapeutic hypothermia has a much better chance than the average cardiac arrest, as high as 50-70% in certain areas of the country that really have their EMS system well put together (If you have to have a heart attack and cardiac arrest, do it in Seattle FYI).

That being said, 15 minutes of CPR on a plane significantly lowers your liklihood of surviving without significant brain damage. However, chance of survival's still bette rthan 4% assuming it was truly a heart attack followed by a ventricular fibrillation arrest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I dunno about European carriers, but in the US all carriers have been required to have an AED on board for like 10 years just for this kinda thing.

e: nevermind Europeans have been fighting against having AEDs on flights so RIP if it was a British plane.

• Locked thread