Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Tycho from Penny Arcade's face on a car.

https://twitter.com/Tr3vin/status/810712870057082880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

my stats posted:

Average number of collisions per race: 15

I prefer to think of it more like sensual grinding.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and now when I go into the store to download FH3 the install button is greyed out. Why? It says I own it, but it won't let me install it at all. Anyone know how to fix that?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Is windows all updated? It only runs on Windows 10 anniversary edition and up.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GutBomb posted:

Is windows all updated? It only runs on Windows 10 anniversary edition and up.

Hmmm, this is weird it says I have the latest update, but I can't get the classic start menu or any of the other stuff I should have with a fully updated Windows 10.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Today was just not my day on Blizzard Mountain. For some reason all driving skill I possessed apparently took an xmas vacation and I found myself riding the bottom end of the board no matter the vehicle I drove.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Anyone interested in doing any FM6 racing today?

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Haven't played Horizons 3 in a few weeks thanks to the holidays being so busy and I was thinking about getting the blizzard expansion so I decided to play this morning. Tried to launch the game but after it loaded through all the intro videos, it told me that I needed to update before I could play. It kicks back to the windows store and downloads 4.8GB over the next hour and I launch again. This time, my GPU drivers aren't up to snuff so I get kicked out again. Nvidia Experience needs an update first so that takes a bit, then it downloads the 350MB driver package, installs, and I relaunch FH3. Get through the whole startup this time, hop in my 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and tear rear end sideways over to continue my championship from a few weeks ago. Get there, start event, game crashes. :smith:

Is there any way to filter auction house results to "Cars I don't have and can obtain"? I would like to cheer myself up by buying a new car but that's proving difficult now that I have 200 cars and can't remember the name of all of them.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Oh hey FM6 is 50% off. Is it worth picking up if I have FH3?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ak Gara posted:

Yes

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ak Gara posted:

Absolutely.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anyone off tomorrow (Tuesday) want to race during the day? I figure some dice racing would be good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ak Gara posted:

Absolutely, its a completely different game and the best racing sim available imo.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Wow I really hate the traffic and drivetars in FH3 just got done doing the same drift challenge probably 40 times and it was the same 4 drivetars driving back and forth through that turn over and over again, often all side by side causing a giant roadblock, that's special.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I picked up a Ferrari 330 P4 off the auction house and initially hated it.

Then, I went into the tuning mode and found the camber for front and rear was set to 0.0!? After fixing it, it's so loving fun to drive. Quick, but I have to give it alot of oppo to go fast.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

On the xbox shop, it doesn't list FM6 Deluxe as coming with VIP membership, but I read that it does?

[edit] Oh I had to click Show All

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Wow I really hate the traffic and drivetars in FH3 just got done doing the same drift challenge probably 40 times and it was the same 4 drivetars driving back and forth through that turn over and over again, often all side by side causing a giant roadblock, that's special.

Start a private online session.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am trying to think of what I really want for Forza 7 and honestly Forza 6 is perfect as is, I just really want more tracks because you can't go wrong with that. The Scorpio version will probably just be native 4K, HDR, and 60fps, but if Turn-10 can fit real time day/night transitions into all versions of the game that would be real nice. I also want more silly cars.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Yep I just want forza 6 with more cars, more tracks, and I want to play it on my PC. I don't care about game modes or more features. They could just bring back maple valley and Suzuka and I'd be completely satisfied.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Yep I just want forza 6 with more cars, more tracks, and I want to play it on my PC. I don't care about game modes or more features. They could just bring back maple valley and Suzuka and I'd be completely satisfied.

Truer words have never been said. I would commit murder for Maple Valley to come back. When I suggested this to Dan Greenawalt on Twitter (minus the murder part) he agreed with me.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Animated pitstops and 1:1 in car steering wheel rotation.

And fix the car decals coordinates bug

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Weather and night for all tracks, maybe make it dynamic as well because changeable weather conditions are fun as gently caress in longer-ish races. Suzuka needs to come back, I'd also like to see a few more ovals that have road courses as well (New Hampshire would be dope). And please, please no more Tilkedromes, I'd rather have no new tracks at all than have them throw poo poo like Buddh and Sochi at us.

As far as cars go, I'd love to see them introduce Kei sports cars. Honda Beat, Autozam AZ-1 and Suzuki Cappuccino, among others. They were my favorite vehicles in Gran Turismo, especially the AZ-1. I'd also like to see more weird or obscure things, like the Subaru XT or Bricklin SV-1.

I'd also like to see them ditch this godawful bullshit method of finding paints and tunes and just giving us back the storefront, who cares if someone wants 50k for a good tune with how much money the game throws at you. Just make it easy to find good poo poo, I mean you still can't even sort by rating which is just completely absurd. It's unlikely to happen, but it still irritates me every time I play that they replaced the really really great storefront with this mess.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

ratbert90 posted:

:aaaaa:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
More visual customization would be good. And yes fixing the god drat vynl mapping on the cars is a long time coming.

More tracks and less super cars. It's way more fun ragging a shitbox around a track than blasting a supercar on rails.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I just want a racing game featuring Razor Callahan again.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Falken posted:

Animated pitstops and 1:1 in car steering wheel rotation.

And fix the car decals coordinates bug

Not for gamepads. It trips me the hell up playing forza then going to assetto corsa.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

If using a steering wheel have the ingame wheel turn to whatever your wheel is set to and when using a pad its set to 270.

Or just let us turn the wheel off entirely.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
For f7 they really need to add the options you can use to set up online races to the single player side. I get that it isnt a racing simulation, but one of my favorite things about 4 was racing in stock cars in weird match ups. It was like a top gear simulator. Really just more options all around. More tweakable controls like in horizons, being able to adjust the seat forward or back, or fov etc.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

You're welcome. Doing private online sessions made the game 100% more fun for me.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Aaw man, I wanted to copy my FH3 liveries to FM6.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

I'd also like to see them ditch this godawful bullshit method of finding paints and tunes and just giving us back the storefront, who cares if someone wants 50k for a good tune with how much money the game throws at you. Just make it easy to find good poo poo, I mean you still can't even sort by rating which is just completely absurd. It's unlikely to happen, but it still irritates me every time I play that they replaced the really really great storefront with this mess.

I would tune awesome for free :v:

The poo poo search method is why I got more into tuning. Couldn't find what I needed.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

Yeah I saw this mentioned in a couple of places, assuming I can't do it offline but can I do it without XBL Gold? also I've been trying to get this download to work since Xmas and the planets must be aligned because a few minutes ago it started finally.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think my copy of Blizzard Mountain is bugged. If I install the Snow Tires the AI opponents get much more powerful and I think I stay about the same. They're unbeatable for me. If I race without snow tires the game is normal difficulty. Is it supposed to be like this?? I'm pretty sure I'm not actually getting the snow tire upgrade or the opponents are just getting much better upgrades for the same "cost."

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
No, that's normal. It's similar in the vanilla game. Any tire upgrades boost your PI significantly, but to match that PI the drivatars usually have power upgrades, so they'll be faster anywhere that doesn't involve sharp turns.

My general rule is to disregard snow tires if you're racing B class or lower.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Yeaaaaaaah you can't start a private online session without gold so oh well I guess I'm stuck with the horrible cruisin' USA traffic everywhere.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

CharlesM posted:

I think my copy of Blizzard Mountain is bugged. If I install the Snow Tires the AI opponents get much more powerful and I think I stay about the same. They're unbeatable for me. If I race without snow tires the game is normal difficulty. Is it supposed to be like this?? I'm pretty sure I'm not actually getting the snow tire upgrade or the opponents are just getting much better upgrades for the same "cost."

The AI are a bunch of cheaters with magical grip and occult exploits of the PI system. But they can be beaten, even on unbeatable difficulty. In Blizzard Mountain, the best way to deal with them is to avoid snow tyres in D and C class, as was said earlier. And to upgrade most cars two classes, with snow tyres usually accounting for one class upgrade in itself. And anything that has RWD should be converted to AWD.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The game is significantly easier if you keep it at A class or below in general. The AI definitely does cheat a good bit; just watch them when you go through water if you need proof, as they are barely affected by it at all while you get slowed down to 60 or less, even when they are in the exact same car as you. There were a couple races that had large water sections where I had to drop the difficulty down to the lowest setting and still had to restart a few times because of that poo poo.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's kind of ridiculous that snow tires bumps a MazdaSpeed3 from C class to A class. I have snow tires on my car in real life. It's not equivalent to an A class car. It just drives more normally in the winter.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Cubey posted:

Weather and night for all tracks, maybe make it dynamic as well because changeable weather conditions are fun as gently caress in longer-ish races. Suzuka needs to come back, I'd also like to see a few more ovals that have road courses as well (New Hampshire would be dope). And please, please no more Tilkedromes, I'd rather have no new tracks at all than have them throw poo poo like Buddh and Sochi at us.

As far as cars go, I'd love to see them introduce Kei sports cars. Honda Beat, Autozam AZ-1 and Suzuki Cappuccino, among others. They were my favorite vehicles in Gran Turismo, especially the AZ-1. I'd also like to see more weird or obscure things, like the Subaru XT or Bricklin SV-1.

I'm glad Forza is fighting it, but every DLC that has cool or not so racey cars is people screaming about their 199X minor variation GT-R or generic super car not being included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

^ The mk1 Mitsubishi GTO was better looking than the mk2/3/4 :colbert:

I'm surprised FM6 doesn't have all the tracks from FM1-5. Even as a DLC pack.

• Locked thread