Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So I have enough mythril to pull on the buff banner, but I want a draw on osb 1 too... The choices man. All these bonus banners are drawing me thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sprite141 posted:

So I have enough mythril to pull on the buff banner, but I want a draw on osb 1 too... The choices man. All these bonus banners are drawing me thin.
have any dupes in those pools?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Sprite141 posted:

We are getting 18 mythril tomorrow and 28 on Christmas, plus orbfest phases, daily logins, etc. You can do both easily.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KnoxZone posted:

We are getting 18 mythril tomorrow and 28 on Christmas, plus orbfest phases, daily logins, etc. You can do both easily.

I think the 28 is coming tomorrow and includes the 18 from the present dash minigame. 28 is still a pretty sizeable gift though, and we're getting another 25 on New Year's.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

KnoxZone posted:

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think the 28 is coming tomorrow and includes the 18 from the present dash minigame. 28 is still a pretty sizeable gift though, and we're getting another 25 on New Year's.

I got Ramza's bsb, Quina's frog drop and Gordon's boostga/faithga. Absolutely worth it. :toot:

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

CaptainPsyko posted:

You are overthinking this.

The gold knight spawn rate is such that if you spend all of your stamina for the next week on orbfest (as you should because it is the best use of said stamina), you will get more than the 100k chips required to win all of the roulette prizes.

It's just a flashy way to provide a baseline of guaranteed rewards for farming orbfest while disincentivizing over farming (I.e. Mythril refreshes) by pushing some orbs off the drop table.

On a related note,

Preliminary results on Reddit seem to be pointing to a drop rate of ~9-10 stamina per major orb. Dailies are typically around 13, last orbfest was around 6-7. It's not the best orbfest we've ever had by a long shot, but it's still an orbfest.

First, yeah. I'm a bit of an OCD retard when it comes to strategy games. Just look at my posting history here. :newlol:

I dumped over ten Mythril, sounds legit.

Schweeet!

I think this is a great Orbfest but I did take a break from the game that lasted at least six months.

I appreciate your response, thank you kindly.

Sprite141 posted:

Had Gordon's spear drop, I'm pretty pleased with it. The Orbfest should give you enough to do the draw. That or random things like new dungeons, raid dungeons and the events from VII and V if you didn't clear them. That way you won't be broke afterwards.

Good luck!

Munoma fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 24, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Pretty lazy of them reusing the same U+ from the last V event. Except he's more annoying this time even. "Hey I'm going to quad shot your healer and there's not a single thing you could have done about it". Just stupid.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kawalimus posted:

Pretty lazy of them reusing the same U+ from the last V event. Except he's more annoying this time even. "Hey I'm going to quad shot your healer and there's not a single thing you could have done about it". Just stupid.

Yeah, that part's fun. If it was Draw Fire-able, maybe, but as it is he can just throw 3-4 attacks at Lenna during the phase transitions and you just have to pray. And her not having an actual Medica means she has to use a shared one, which hurts her defense even more.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Fun fact: Terra's otherwise garbotrash BSB really shines on Primal Exdeath U++, nailing the water/fire weak phases with 4-hit commands owns

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Celes under Maria's Song and Prayer of the Lost, on a defense-broken holy weak target :stare:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Beasteh posted:

Fun fact: Terra's otherwise garbotrash BSB really shines on Primal Exdeath U++, nailing the water/fire weak phases with 4-hit commands owns

Mage teams in general are just really good on multi-stage fights. Either you're facing AoE, or it's a boss with elemental weaknesses ripe for the exploiting.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I only barely beat the U+ with my A Team. Bartz's DPS is just ridiculous :stare:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Game, we've had this talk. I don't need even more white mage relics.

Actually gently caress it, it's time for the White Mage Meta. Get in for Ms. Selphie's Wild Ride. :getin:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

U-DO Burger posted:

I only barely beat the U+ with my A Team. Bartz's DPS is just ridiculous :stare:

Now imagine the version we'd gotten last time around, where instead of doing two easily-managed AoE gravity attacks before you could get mitigation up, he did Monk Kick twice, instead.

EDIT: You know, I just realized how dickish it is to have "exploit Wind weakness" as a mastery condition on a mage meta-focused boss the event before we get anything resembling effective mage wind damage. If you don't want to use Gust and don't have Meltdown, you're pretty solidly hosed and have to risk bringing a physical dude.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 24, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Now imagine the version we'd gotten last time around, where instead of doing two easily-managed AoE gravity attacks before you could get mitigation up, he did Monk Kick twice, instead.

On the other hand, this version has a 50% chance of Kicking in his Very Weak phase, which is double the chance of the last time we fought him. :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Jesus I'm loving killing it with dollar draws lately. Screen shake, and now I have Bartz's Cloak.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ults were interesting. First was a crash course in why I like bosses weak to holy and ones with multiple targets, second was Bartz being a dick, and the third was "hope you have a fuckton of magic".

Anyway, back to orbs

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dorgann got to 65, now time for grinding people in order of MC3 obtaining. I probably won't get too many people to 80 this time around, but we'll see how fate treats me.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Mastered the CM for the U+. Bartz was...not that big a deal. Then again I have a lot of SBs for V.

Krile used Sheepsong for haste and threw out Meltdown/Chain Blizzaga. Bartz used a lot of Lifesiphon until he could Choco Romp and then Light of the Four. Faris used Power/Armor Breakdown and then used Beryl Serpent and spammed Rough Tides. Lenna cast Protectga and healed, and busted out Pride of Tycoon when a couple of unlucky missile salvos got me. Gilgamesh doesn't have any SBs, so he just used Gaia Cross to keep the rest of the party healthy, and used a lot of Banishing Strike.

Took a while due to not having any attack boosts, but I only lost one medal for damage.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Ive been just focusing on Mastery peoples stuff. If they got a SB to master, toss em in there.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
For those doing the CM for U+, just a reminder that Dorgann can carry Breakdowns and Banishing Strike. He's a great versatile option in general.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

or Gaia Cross + Retaliate. i got his sword (+wind! goes great with butz's cloak) and i'm pretty happy with the guy so far

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well this is hilariously appropriate.

Even somehow mastered it.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Still waiting for this Ultimate:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Hrm, Never knew Galuf was so ripped.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
I egged my last few FFV people up to 80 to try the CM, tried once, said gently caress this noise. Jesus Christ what a horrible fight. Not too bad for the A-team but jeez.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

lol if your A-team isn't all characters from FFV, the best FF

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hawkeye posted:

I egged my last few FFV people up to 80 to try the CM, tried once, said gently caress this noise. Jesus Christ what a horrible fight. Not too bad for the A-team but jeez.

It's actually not too bad - the worst thing you have to deal with is him randomly deciding to off Lenna during his phase shifts. Otherwise you can handle it fairly well with a Shout/VoF team - Faris for Breakdowns, Gilgamesh for damage and Gaia Cross, Bartz/Galuf for damage, and Dorgann for Breakdowns and Banishing Strike. Or just drop one of Gilgamesh/Bartz/Galuf for Exdeath as a secondary healer.

I did it with most of my FFV team around L70, so it's definitely possible (and the only unique SB I used during the fight was Trueblade of Legend).

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Took a while due to not having any attack boosts, but I only lost one medal for damage.

Bit late now but that's "on you", so to speak, Faris and Bartz can both use Steal Power and Gilgamesh can use Mirror of Equity. In fact I do believe that's what I'm going to do if my plan to rocket tag the boss with a Vessel of Fate RW doesn't pan out. It should, though, I beat the CM last time around and I didn't have the armor synergy I do now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I saw in the discord someone gave a good tip on Bartz, and that's to equip good DEF stuff as opposed to just jacking up your ATK. I should have figured that out on my own since the last Bartz fight was similar in that it was a defensive battle as opposed to just out-damaging him. You want to put as many guys in the back row as feasible and gear them for DEF. Instant KO stuff and/or elemental resists for his obnoxious spellblade spams. My guys with the DEF armor(luckily I had some V stuff) were surviving as opposed to the ones I had random bracers on or whatever who were getting totally creamed.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How do the stats of a roaming warrior affect their usefulness? Does the effectiveness of, say, Shout go up with Ramza's stats?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

The Shortest Path posted:

How do the stats of a roaming warrior affect their usefulness? Does the effectiveness of, say, Shout go up with Ramza's stats?

For Shout, it's always going to be +50% ATK to your party, regardless of his stats when he casts it.

I know that the duration of the Haste part is increased by having a higher MND, but I don't know if that also applies to the duration of the +ATK part.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

W.T. Fits posted:

For Shout, it's always going to be +50% ATK to your party, regardless of his stats when he casts it.

I know that the duration of the Haste part is increased by having a higher MND, but I don't know if that also applies to the duration of the +ATK part.

It doesn't. Also, the added benefit of stacking MND for Hastega + stat buffs is pretty overrated. I mean, it's not nothing, but in general the haste will last as long as the +stat and you'd want to refresh when either expires, so the marginal benefit is pretty slim.

In general, +MND is useful for haste shell and protect; for Stat buffs and other such things, it's irrelevant.

For RW's that actually do damage or heal, the magnitude of that is based on the roaming warriors stats. Burst commands are based on your characters stats, so the RW doesn't matter there.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 24, 2016

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's less "MND on a buff RW makes a huge difference" and more "why NOT stack MND on a buff RW, however small the benefit, because what the gently caress else are you equipping"

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

wizard on a water slide posted:

I think it's less "MND on a buff RW makes a huge difference" and more "why NOT stack MND on a buff RW, however small the benefit, because what the gently caress else are you equipping"

Yeah exactly. It takes an extra 2 seconds of effort to throw your best mind gear on a Ramza RW. I think mine is at like 300+ mind or something, i haven't looked at him in a while.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Yeah. It's not nothing to be sure. But as an RW user I sure as hell am never checking the MND of any of the rando Ramza's and Ok's I summon, which was my point.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

The Shortest Path posted:

The RWs stats has a minor affect on the duration of buffs, but that's about it. Damage of a RW SB/BSB opener is directly tied to the RW stats, but burst commands work off the summoners stats.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

CaptainPsyko posted:

It doesn't. Also, the added benefit of stacking MND for Hastega + stat buffs is pretty overrated. I mean, it's not nothing, but in general the haste will last as long as the +stat and you'd want to refresh when either expires, so the marginal benefit is pretty slim.

In general, +MND is useful for haste shell and protect; for Stat buffs and other such things, it's irrelevant.

For RW's that actually do damage or heal, the magnitude of that is based on the roaming warriors stats. Burst demands are. Asked on your characters stats, so the RW doesn't matter there.
I think you're trying to say "Burst commands are based on your characters stats" there

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Nihilarian posted:

I think you're trying to say "Burst commands are based on your characters stats" there

Oh god autocorrect really butchered that post. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I'd have to say that the U++ isn't the massive DPS/gear check that FF8's was, but it's a rather exacting encounter. In particular, the last two phases have instant actions upon spawning that may wreck you if you're unprepared - Sword Dance and Maelstrom respectively. I eventually ended up having to give Water Viel to Tyro rather than some -aja just so he could reestablish SG before it wore off. The other tricky part is to ensure that you're always hitting a weakness, which is why I ended up shopping around for Meteor XVI (whose AoE command is earth/fire).

• Locked thread