Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

flosofl posted:

And then the innocent ETs, whose only crime was to run out of fuel, die painfully in an atmosphere that's lethally toxic to them.

Actually, the space capsule is a living being, Spidey's just trying to be extra helpful by manually decapitating it.

"Hey it looks like a whole bunch of tubes and stuff and it's leaking some kind ofOHJEEEZ"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, just ripping open the spacecraft instead of looking for like, a door, is kinda a dick maneuver there Parker.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
What're the odds that something that came from space and was bombarded by unshielded cosmic radiation is radioactive?

Hint, they're above zero, Peter, you reckless rear end.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

What're the odds that something that came from space and was bombarded by unshielded cosmic radiation is radioactive?

Yeah but in Peter's world unshielded cosmic radiation is how you get additional superpowers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah but in Peter's world unshielded cosmic radiation is how you get additional superpowers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

"yep, that's our title -- And we'll get around to justifying in a page or three!" is the best caption I've ever read in a comic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CapnAndy posted:

He already has radioactive blood.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And radioactive sperm that killed MJ in one universe.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Tiggum posted:

He already has radioactive blood.

Radioactive spider blood, as the 90s cartoon theme helpfully mentioned six or seven times.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is it not a magic spider in nsm? that's cool, never liked that totem nonsense

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NSM is firmly stuck in the early 80s if not earlier

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even regular Spidey never claimed the spider was magical, just that it was fated to happen for magical reasons.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Even regular Spidey never claimed the spider was magical, just that it was fated to happen for magical reasons.

Yeah, it is an explicit plot point in the original Totem Spider-Man story that the spider was radioactive. it is how he defeats Morlun the first time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:toot:

Now we just need Rocket to spot MJ and decide to make her his queen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Face it thread, we just hit the jackpot.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rocket is here to score some cheap liquor.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's a Christmas miracle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yes. Yessssss.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think web shooters are simple devices at all!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Synthbuttrange posted:

YES!

Groot better be in there too.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
:allears:

Ensign_Ricky posted:

YES!

Groot better be in there too.

That doesn't look, uh, roomy enough for Groot.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Babby Groot then.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

This little guy is making my spider-senses go nuts, better grab him by the scruff and start talking poo poo.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Thank you very much for this amazing Christmas present, Newspaper Spider-Man :syoon:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Never before have I been so happy seeing a raccoon come out of a smoldering pile of thrash.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mierenneuker posted:

Never before have I been so happy seeing a raccoon come out of a smoldering pile of thrash.

God bless us, every one.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Could somebody photoshop the first panel with Mary Jane "Screech"ing out of there like a bat out of hell?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Synthbuttrange posted:

I love the name for the next strip. Well down NSM. This is a great Christmas present.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
And so the Spider-Wise-Man followed the northern start to find our savior, Rocket Raccoon. :allears:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The Three Spider-Men, bringing gifts of webs, snark, and head injuries.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
This strip is the gift that keeps on giving. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spidey! Rude!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Makes too much sense that Newspaper Parker is unable to recognize intelligent life.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
They liked the scene where Spidey pulls an angry raccoon out of a spaceship so much they drew it twice.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Syncopated posted:

They liked the scene where Spidey pulls an angry raccoon out of a spaceship so much they drew it twice.

Mierenneuker posted:

smashpro1 posted:

This strip is the gift that keeps on giving. :allears:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I never understood why the web shooters weren't organic to begin with. I mean, pro vs cons it all you want, what I mean is I don't get why Stan/Ditko/whoever made the decision to have this secondary origin for a subset of his powers. It's like if Superman got all his powers naturally except for needing a Kryptonian gravity belt to fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

WickedHate posted:

I never understood why the web shooters weren't organic to begin with. I mean, pro vs cons it all you want, what I mean is I don't get why Stan/Ditko/whoever made the decision to have this secondary origin for a subset of his powers. It's like if Superman got all his powers naturally except for needing a Kryptonian gravity belt to fly.

Nerds read comic books, so make the hero a secret nerd? :shrug:

• Locked thread