Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly I don't think this will be the end of the best friends. It's the first time they've really gone through a break like this that I can remember, but it's not like it's un-survivable. At least it's not like the Marble Hornets guys who recently had the messiest team break up I have ever seen ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
If Pat doesn't resurrect Liam from the dead, I'm unsubscribing from superbunnyhop.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

The Garb-age was a mistake.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Honestly I don't think this will be the end of the best friends. It's the first time they've really gone through a break like this that I can remember, but it's not like it's un-survivable. At least it's not like the Marble Hornets guys who recently had the messiest team break up I have ever seen ever.

Do tell, what happened?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I found out Liam was leaving through that wordy post that Matt posted on twitter which I was just casually reading at work today. Didn't see it coming and it just hit me like a truck and I didn't know Liam was even leaving until like the 3rd paragraph. It legit bummed me out for a while :(

Anyway I had this little moment with him I'd like to share. The boys came to my area last year for Too Many Games and I got to meet them... I think castlavania and sonic adventure had just been played and I walked right up to Liam first before anyone else, introduced myself, shook his hand and said "dude, I gotta tell you. You've been absolutely KILLING it on the channel lately!" and his face just lit up with such a genuine delight in a way that I seriously did not expect. It made me very happy that it made him so happy :unsmith: then Matt said "Thanks Liam, but you're still not getting a raise!" lol. That 10 second interaction was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had meeting someone.

TaurusOxford posted:

Watching him play The Last Guardian was worth it purely for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lb6wcfiYLM

I just watched the first 5 seconds of this vid about 30 times over and over and I had tears in my eyes from laughing. You can see the kid silently tumbling off the loving side at 0:02 as the heroic music swells

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I'm bummed out by the news. Right now I hope that I can find and follow whatever Liam does next. He's a funny guy.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

is that a blazblue video, the channel really is dead now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In the wake of Liam's death, Blazblue rises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jliX3jWoVDE

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I can't believe those cowards finally played Blazblue

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy poo poo this is the end isn't it :(

It is, but never forget, it's fine!

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/812058006666051584

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't believe Blazblue was the actual killer of the Okay Nice Pals.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Part 4 ends, BlazBlue goes up, this is truly is the last good Friday for a while isn't it?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Super Best Friendcast: March 2017. Eleven hours of Woolie, in an empty room, dispensing relationship advice to himself. Ventris is the sole remaining listener.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Foxhound posted:

Do tell, what happened?

Here's a writeup from Troy about what happened that you may as well read. Basically, the group broke up because they were severely disrupted by the introduction of, like... actual livable earnings. None of them really knew what to do so they elected Troy as the owner of their company so they could figure out how to split up the actual ownership later, but they kept putting it off and it didn't end up happening.

After Marble Hornets, they brought in a new guy who busted up the group dynamic (unintentionally) and kind of screwed up everybody's friendships with each other. This was bad because it brought into question who had more say of who could be in the company, and so they argued about it and got basically nowhere. Then Troy started having to take more money than his share out of the group's income because of a bunch of living arrangement fuckery, and he kept this from the others for so long that it pretty much ruined their trust in him.

And then, after this, the money started dwindling because Marble Hornets was over and they started having arguments about who actually deserved the money they were still getting. So then Troy went a bit nuts with the power he had as the owner of the company and changed all the passwords to their site, youtube, et cetera because he was paranoid that his no-longer-buddies would betray him because of what he had done to ruin their trust. At that point they got together and pretty much unanimously agreed that the group was a done deal.

This all culminated in all three of the guys posting separate "I am leaving the group" messages that addressed each other in a pretty corporate way and caused a lot of confusion and murkiness until Troy posted that to clear it all up. None of them really addressed the others as anything but an entity instead of friends (think Jontron leaving Game Grumps) and it was a pretty big mess!

edit: And the crappiest part too is that they'd started a new series called Clear Lakes 44 that had a reeeeally slow-roll opening, and was not nearly as popular as ol' slenderman. The lack of interest in the new series surely contributed to their downfall.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 24, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The blazblue video is out of synch

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
In light of everything Plague's Shitstorm intro is weirdly prophetic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwIfHYm67D8

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Dark souls will be the final seal

when it is broken we will be undone

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So Matt and Liam start their own game channels, Pat goes back to the supermarket mines and Woolie goes back to the Woolie Hole?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I know we're all joking here but matt isn't actually leaving

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Everyone here is wasting time doomsaying about the channel dying when we need to start emotionally preparing ourselves for the sonic unleashed completion 6 months from now. It's gonna be some raw poo poo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I just hope Pat can convince Paige to join for some streams/LPs.

Love to see her and Woolie conquer some bad VNs.

Maybe this is how we get the 999 LP.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Meanwhile, in the Boivin household.

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/812521340133670912

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I just hope Pat can convince Paige to join for some streams/LPs.

Love to see her and Woolie conquer some bad VNs.

Maybe this is how we get the 999 LP.

I can imagine Pat and Paige wanting to keep some parts of their lives separate, but I'd love for her to at least fill in until Matt gets back, Paige is great.

Really sad that Liam is leaving, wish him all the best. The channel isn't dying though, Matt is only taking a month off, and worst case things might go to 1 vid a day for a bit depending on guest availability and how much of a buffer for videos they have.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

beep by grandpa posted:

I just watched the first 5 seconds of this vid about 30 times over and over and I had tears in my eyes from laughing. You can see the kid silently tumbling off the loving side at 0:02 as the heroic music swells

I watched this video like 3 times before I read your post and never noticed the half-second of the kid immediately eating poo poo off the side of the screen. Thank you.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
drat the writers of this season of 2bfp are really going places.

Liam was always keen on indie devs/games, I'm going to miss him on the podcast. Really strong wit on that young boy as well.

I wonder if Woolie and Pat can hold the podcast with just them. I have a feeling it's going to get dry in the next few months.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hahaha, this blazblue video. Matt getting super salty that woolie won't give him a chance in the second round to "check his buttons" when matt absolutely CRUSHED him in the first round, what did he expect?

Edit: AND THEN MATT SILENTLY NEAR-PERFECTS HIM IN ROUND THREE, MAGNIFICENT

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Super Best Friends Play: SO WHITE

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

HGH posted:

Part 4 ends, BlazBlue goes up, this is truly is the last good Friday for a while isn't it?

Spend the new year drinking vodka and eating koopy sandwiches while listening to Great Days on repeat while sobbing uncontrollably.

Omikron killed the best friends.

I miss Liam already.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is Pat archiving these FFXV and Bloodborne streams somewhere off Twitch? I hate their archives and can only barely view them on Mobile graphics settings.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What is this Dunkey video Pat mentions they're in?

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
It's titled Youtube Rewind 2016, and the 2snacks SuperBestFriendsPlay logo appears briefly in the latter half, they don't cameo or anything. It was just a nod really, good video though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

1. No matter how long I watch SBFP I will never understand all the fighting game jargon, what the gently caress is a "rekka"

2. Oh my god they still say Culprit, THEY STILL SAY IT, THAT'S SO INSANE

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

A rekka is sort of an expendable attack that requires a particular button input. So it's a combo that's mostly thought of as a single move even though you have to keep hitting buttons.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DI5cUCOnUgw

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Snow posted:

A rekka is sort of an expendable attack that requires a particular button input. So it's a combo that's mostly thought of as a single move even though you have to keep hitting buttons.

idrgi but thanks for answering

I was running to post this yes

imma do it anyway

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Baron Snow posted:

I think a good example of a Rekka is Fei Long from SF4. It's basically a repeatable motion / input and button press to increase the combo / damage output.

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Rekkaken

Basically, perform a quarter circle forward and punch, then repeat it to do a more powerful version of the move on connect up to three times to cash out the most damage.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
It's named after Fei Long's Rekkaken combo in Super Street Fighter 2. You do the three rush punches by doing a quarter circle forward motion and punch for each one.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

HGH posted:

Is Pat archiving these FFXV and Bloodborne streams somewhere off Twitch? I hate their archives and can only barely view them on Mobile graphics settings.

If you search youtube for "Paigeborne" some random has most of those streams cut up into 20-30 minute chunks.

Don't know about FFXV

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
On a lighter note, this here trailer just dropped, and I am so very excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmWAEQ8qIc4&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh you god drat idiots why would you start with Hokkaido

e: also I don't think these dudes get what's funny about Hitman

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 24, 2016