Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

JosephWongKS posted:

Genos is still best waifu though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

So, thanks to a manga called Tawawa on Monday, there's a thing called the Tawawa challenge where you try and balance a smartphone on your chest and that's why this

Oh awesome gonna google that at home

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Murata what the gently caress is your slothful excellence doing to this thread?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A new chapter came out but I dunno if it's in English yet.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hate-Senpai posted:

A new chapter came out but I dunno if it's in English yet.

Is the tournament finished yet?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No.

http://viewer.tonarinoyj.jp/series/FlR8CfEDXW0/FlR8CfEJSEw?manga=onepanman

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mordecai posted:

Foobs is either cheating too or has an S-Class wonderbra.

Besto garl oh yeah! has no need for man made enhancements or to boost herself with her powers.

The full page panel with the kick in that new chapter is beautiful. Murata is a turtle paced genius.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 23, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

turtle paced genius.

He's my favorite A Class hero.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://mangastream.com/r/onepunch_man/070/3901/1

Mangastream have it up

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Aw, Saitama made another friend :unsmith:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hi goku

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ahahaha the detailed guy next to the lovely draw

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

SgtSteel91 posted:

Aw, Saitama made another friend :unsmith:

First Murata-only friend

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm excited

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Haha yeah I"m like oh my god this guy is goku. Also hey kinda nice to see someone who is talking Saitama's language for once.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also the dude obv has monster cells

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this loving owns

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is Murata the best comic book artist at drawing action? Like, ever? I've never seen panels like his before that convey the momentum and impacts so well

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Pretty much.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Zzulu posted:

Is Murata the best comic book artist at drawing action? Like, ever? I've never seen panels like his before that convey the momentum and impacts so well

Yeah, it's legit. His posture is correct, the direction of the kick seems right, and the turned left foot is a good detail. I don't know what he's doing with his right arm, though. It's not gonna do anything useful up there.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
so next chapter is just one page of suiryu flying into space right?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

And More posted:

Yeah, it's legit. His posture is correct, the direction of the kick seems right, and the turned left foot is a good detail. I don't know what he's doing with his right arm, though. It's not gonna do anything useful up there.

It kinda happens if you're kicking really hard. It's really hard to keep your hand up by your face when you're torquing your body like that.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It kinda happens if you're kicking really hard. It's really hard to keep your hand up by your face when you're torquing your body like that.

His left arm is already protecting his face, though. If I'm reading that kick correctly as a side kick, the right arm should either be by his ribs or even down by the crotch.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

And More posted:

His left arm is already protecting his face, though. If I'm reading that kick correctly as a side kick, the right arm should either be by his ribs or even down by the crotch.

:shrug:
Murata isn't perfect. And people who are so strong they can one-kick ko opponents probably aren't too worried about protecting their face. (One hand isn't usually enough to protect your face either. I learned that lesson with a broken nose and two black eyes...)

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

:shrug:
Murata isn't perfect. And people who are so strong they can one-kick ko opponents probably aren't too worried about protecting their face. (One hand isn't usually enough to protect your face either. I learned that lesson with a broken nose and two black eyes...)

Yeah, it's only a minor thing that could easily be explained by the guy being as sloppy as Saitama. Murata basically gets everything else right, anyway. (Ouch. Still, you leave yourself open for all kinds of stuff with a side kick. Better to hedge your bets.)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
actually your hand going places when you kick is fairly normal

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

It helps he's working with ONE, who has some of the best understanding of panel layouts I've ever seen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looks like to me that he's trying to keep his right arm braced against his body to prevent extraneous movement and maintain his balance while his left is pretty well tucked for protecting his chin.

Murata's obviously not a martial artist himself but it looks like he's done a good job of at least portraying an effective style if not fully accurate.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

It helps he's working with ONE, who has some of the best understanding of panel layouts I've ever seen.

For this new content, I'm curious how much input ONE has with regards to things like panel layouts and story boarding. Anyone know if either of them has said anything regarding that?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Looks like to me that he's trying to keep his right arm braced against his body to prevent extraneous movement and maintain his balance while his left is pretty well tucked for protecting his chin.

Murata's obviously not a martial artist himself but it looks like he's done a good job of at least portraying an effective style if not fully accurate.

It's also a style thing. A lot of kick-heavy disciplines (eg: TKD) have a more lax hand positioning ethic. You see it all the time in anime and manga.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

It's also a style thing. A lot of kick-heavy disciplines (eg: TKD) have a more lax hand positioning ethic. You see it all the time in anime and manga.

Now that you mention it, I immediately found this exact kick as a Taekwondo move:

:doh: I had no idea.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

And More posted:

Now that you mention it, I immediately found this exact kick as a Taekwondo move:

:doh: I had no idea.

Yeah it makes me :doh: whenever I see people do it too.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Murata's still got it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think one of the best things in the chapter is way it conveys how little time is passing with the first kick thrown.

Like how there's the speech bubble and before he can even finish saying the fight has begun, it's a full panel of the kick almost landing on Saitama's head

then the next three panels in Saitama time have the foot extremely marginally, but in that time Saitama notices his wig is flying away and puts it back on.

So Suiryu's gone from ridiculously quick to slow as molasses just by changing the perspective. poo poo's ridiculously effective.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

One Kick Man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

With all the Street Fighter stuff Murata's doing, I can't wait for the One Punch Man to meet his exact opposite: Many Kicks Woman

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's nice being able to see the S-class heroes beyond Genos, Bang, Atomic Samurai, Metal Bat, King and Tatsumaki rendered in glorious HD.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Still not as cool as None Punch Man. I would like to see King in this tournament just to watch everyone forfeit every match against him. And then watch Saitama do a finals against him after obliterating every opponent... and then forfeit against King just because they're friends and will share the prize money or someting. I would laugh for days.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
What I love about this manga, is the anticipation of how peaceful resolutions of conflicts play out. Like this tournament arc suddenly got a lot better, now that the final boss seems like a reasonable and nice guy. It'll be fun to see how Saitama will handle this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I like that the tournament end boss has a similar attitude to Saitama with with regard to 'I get bored fighting the small fry, I just want a challenge'. Same with Boros I guess.

Not sure if I'd describe the guy as being 'reasonable and nice' however, he seems much more willing to abuse his power and beat people up and take their stuff, though maybe I'm reading too much into page 18.