Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The Golden One looks like a runaway creation from Mcelroys' Monster Factory, a swole racist boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

His head kinda looks like a faceswap of The Miz onto circa 1999 Chris Jericho.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Jill Bearup and I celebrated Christmas by watching The Solarnauts, a British sci-fi pilot from the 60s that didn’t get picked up.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
My favorite part about the Rogue One review is that RLM decided to double-down on being upset that filthy non-white savages are allowed to be in Star Wars movies. That's a cool and good hill to die on.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Might have missed it, but Ross has a new Game Dungeon episode out for the holidays.

Believe it or not that's not his Christmas episode. We should have another one out in the next few days.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Deport The Irish posted:

My favorite part about the Rogue One review is that RLM decided to double-down on being upset that filthy non-white savages are allowed to be in Star Wars movies. That's a cool and good hill to die on.

I can't wait til they become Trump supporters and this thread still bends over backwards to defend everything they do

The Vosgian Beast fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 25, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I can't wait til they become Trump supporters and this thread still bends over backwards to defend everything they do

Naaah I think they're going to get too bitter to be watchable by then.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Mr. Fowl posted:

Naaah I think they're going to get too bitter to be watchable by then.

Rich needs a vacation from his twitch audience, too many JRPG and anime fans egging him on with the old "No really! ____________ is really good! You just don't understand how good it is!" line.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Deport The Irish posted:

I'm sorry but where did they say this?

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's right at the beginning, after they're done yelling the names of Star Wars things.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Honestly, I stopped watching Half int he Bag. THeir reviews tend to go the same way. "Big Hollywood Blockbuster does poo poo you have seen twenty times before. God were old, remember when movies were good?" And it gets old really quickly.

The new Best of the worst is good.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Deport The Irish posted:

It's right at the beginning, after they're done yelling the names of Star Wars things.

Do you mean when Mike was spouting off nonsense actor and character names? I don't think that was meant to bemoan non-white people being in the movie, but rather that the characters themselves were dull.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

Honestly, I stopped watching Half int he Bag. THeir reviews tend to go the same way. "Big Hollywood Blockbuster does poo poo you have seen twenty times before. God were old, remember when movies were good?" And it gets old really quickly.

The new Best of the worst is good.

pretty much, I barely watch half in the bag anymore but best of the worst is still real good. I just really have no interest in hearing some rapidly aging dudes snort about ~hollywood stupidity~ while insisting the movies they liked years ago are the gold standard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thought their rogue one review was pretty on point.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I thought their rogue one review was pretty on point.

Maybe. But I'm sick of them hammering that Star Wars is now a massive commercial product. News Flash: Star Wars was Always a commercial product since day 1 that George Lucas had no problems milking any chance he got.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The latest BotW and one that was recentish has taught me I should be an "indie movie maker" so I can fondle attractive women and get a tax break for it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Leal posted:

The latest BotW and one that was recentish has taught me I should be an "indie movie maker" so I can fondle attractive women and get a tax break for it.

It's one of those things where it would be far less creepy if there was straight up loving in it.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

BigRed0427 posted:

Maybe. But I'm sick of them hammering that Star Wars is now a massive commercial product. News Flash: Star Wars was Always a commercial product since day 1 that George Lucas had no problems milking any chance he got.

I mean lucasfilm was a billion dollar enterprise way before disney bought them purely off the back of toy sales, poo poo was always loving commercial as hell

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The moichindizing joke from Spaceballs was clearly predicting the Disney buyout guys.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Sucking gallons of processed #Content from the mouse's dick

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

They didn't, which is the best part of the garbage they are posting.

BigRed0427 posted:

They gave Lucas just as much poo poo on it. They even have a segment in the original Plinkett reviews making fun of all the merch Lucas pumped out. I mean for gods sake do any of you even remember the slightest thing about anything you consume? If you don't know why you don't like something anymore that's fine, there's no need to make stuff up just to justify it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought they were making fun of dumb star wars names with Blam Supplebutt and soforth.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mike and jay bad men!?

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

I thought they were making fun of dumb star wars names with Blam Supplebutt and soforth.

They were. I'm not sure how it was possible to reach any other conclusion but here we are with people that somehow have.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Asuron posted:

They were. I'm not sure how it was possible to reach any other conclusion but here we are with people that somehow have.

It’s weird. Every time RLM gets brought up there’s always someone coming along to accuse them of racism based on flimsy or nonexistent evidence. Sort of like how everyone who didn’t actually watch James Rolfe’s Ghostbusters video just assumed he was one of the people complaining about the female cast, when in fact he hadn’t said anything of the sort.

Their Rogue One video was kind of a misstep, though. I get the feeling they’re all sick to death of Star Wars at this point and hate feeling obliged to make videos about it, and that’s why they’re coming into it with such a cynical attitude. I mean, no poo poo a film in a long-running franchise is going to have a lot of callbacks to the earlier ones, with familiar characters and technology showing up. Why wouldn’t it? If anything, the restraint the writers showed in not making it all about the Jedi again really did BREAK NEW GROUND!!

Bakeneko fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 25, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's because there is a subset of people on the internet who go out of their way to try and be offended, whether it's because they disagree with someone and wants to belittle their opinions through ad hominem or just want to prove how not racist/sexist/etc. they are. it's the kind of bullshit that makes people roll their eyes whenever the word 'tumblr' get brought up because it conjures up images of these insufferable shitbags who try so fuckin hard to be offended by anything someone says.

it is asinine and it makes this thread completely loving unreadable. please stop.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I can get not liking those parts of the original Plinkett reviews, I solved that by just skipping past them myself, but yeah I dunno the deal with some people desperately wanting to make them out into secret trump nazi woman haters and whatever else.

Bakeneko posted:

Sort of like how everyone who didn’t actually watch James Rolfe’s Ghostbusters video just assumed he was one of the people complaining about the female cast, when in fact he hadn’t said anything of the sort.

The worst sin of that dumb movie is still that it brought so many weirdos out wishing terrible things on a genuinely nice dude and even his family. :(

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

:allears:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Good source on their endorsement there friend.

Edit: Oh, you're having some weird thing now.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 25, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I hope this is going to be like the time noted forums crybaby JB50 ran to tell GBS the SJWs were being mean and then GBS goons spammed the thread with transphobic slurs until it stopped

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Jack Gladney posted:

It was the part where they were whining about how Star Wars has China is a major movie market so now they have to see Chinese people playing film characters sometimes.

Cubey posted:

it's because there is a subset of people on the internet who go out of their way to try and be offended, whether it's because they disagree with someone and wants to belittle their opinions through ad hominem or just want to prove how not racist/sexist/etc. they are. it's the kind of bullshit that makes people roll their eyes whenever the word 'tumblr' get brought up because it conjures up images of these insufferable shitbags who try so fuckin hard to be offended by anything someone says.

it is asinine and it makes this thread completely loving unreadable. please stop.

This is some serious projection.

Deport The Irish fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 25, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yardbomb posted:

The worst sin of that dumb movie is still that it brought so many weirdos out wishing terrible things on a genuinely nice dude and even his family. :(

:reddit:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So do clarify that you're cheerleading people harassing James Rolfe and his 100% uninvolved wife, because he made a calm video saying "I'm not gonna watch the new Ghostbusters because I love the old ones too much" after people constantly asked him if he was gonna make a video about the new one, cause that's what you're implying.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yardbomb posted:

So do clarify that you're cheerleading people harassing James Rolfe and his 100% uninvolved wife, because he made a calm video saying "I'm not gonna watch the new Ghostbusters because I love the old ones too much" after people constantly asked him if he was gonna make a video about the new one, cause that's what you're implying.

*extremely goon voice* Milo was a false flag

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

*extremely goon voice* Milo was a false flag

I don't even know what you're melting down over now duder. Do you mean Milo yamalamanopopolous? Cause if so I got some words about them, sure.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You don't understand, the RLM people are now part of The Enemy. Either you're with us or against us.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

You don't understand, the RLM people are now part of The Enemy. Either you're with us or against us.

You of all people cannot make this joke

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

They're never gonna out and out say it, but yes that's exactly what they're advocating for.Not gonna lie, the type of person who would endorse and advocate that behaviour, especially over things that actually haven't happened is just awful and astounding to me.

Asuron fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 25, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Asuron posted:

They're never gonna out and out say it, but yes that's exactly what they're advocating for.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/18/milo-reviews-ghostbusters/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'm not gonna watch because I'm not clicking a breitbart link, that dump takes a while to load if it does at all, assumedly because so much poo poo is getting blocked, also because oh it is the massive trashbag milo you were talking about I guess, who I'd rather not ever willingly subject myself to, but it'd probably help if you just explained what you're getting at here in general.

Edit: loving :lol: on googling that though, I'm almost not surprised it's apparently something so stupid, coming from them.

"Milo Slimes 'Ghostbusters' For Being Sexist And Promoting Big Government"

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 25, 2016

• Locked thread