Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

We all have our blind spots. Mine is one-dimensional speedy WRs who can win weeks with a random 70-yard TD. It's why I still have DeSean Jackson in my lineup. And even then, I never felt Torrey Smith before the season.

D-Jax is exactly why I was all in on Torrey. Chip's #1 WR drowns in targets no matter how bad they are and Chip's first year with DeSean Jackson led me down the bad path. What I didn't anticipate: the absolute worst roster in the history of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Benne posted:

It's not like the Cowboys are playing the Niners this week, they got a feisty Lions team desperate to hold off the Packers and is a potential playoff opponent down the line. (It could happen if they stay at the 4 seed and win their Wild Card game). Y'all really think Dallas will take its foot off the gas here? :cmon:

I think/hope they were talking about what to do for Week 17.

Last decision for me this year is, fittingly, a decision between TE streamers.

Hunter Henry @ CLE
Good: Cle awful vs. TE, 3rd string- level running backs for SD could lead to more short/intermediate passing
Bad: Antonio Gates still draws breath

Vernon Davis @ CHI
Good: All the snaps are his with Reed out
Bad: It is 2016 not 2011

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Good luck today nerds.

And Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
I've decided to go with the ultra rare Four Running Back Championship Week roster in my league

Ground and pound, baby, let's carry home the title.

Thanks for all the advice this year, thread. It's gonna be a long dark offseason.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Djax or Michael Thomas? I have Brees but feel I need to diversify in case of a bust by Brees. I also have Crowder

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LmaoTheKid posted:

This is JERRAH'S world and we just live in it.

Exactly. When the Cowboys' fraud rear end teams of the 2000's were making the playoffs under Romo no one got rest ever. When they were 11-2 in 2007 and lost a game they went out and did full starts in week 16 and 17. Jerry refuses to punt any game. Zeke's playing the entire time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

But what if he only gets 80 yards and a score?! I'm gonna bench him for Rob Kelley just in case.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Twitter says AJ is out. So do I start Tyreek Hill or Jarvis Landry in his place?

I'm so screwed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Twitter says AJ is out. So do I start Tyreek Hill or Jarvis Landry in his place?

I'm so screwed.

If you're the favorite, or its PPR, I would go Landry. If you're the underdog I would go Hill. He could get you 2 or 20.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheJunkyardGod posted:

I'm so screwed.

I hope he's dead, I play him 16&17 for $1440.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Would you guys start Roethlisberger or Carr? I feel like both have been putting up garbage numbers recently but are both capable of huge games too. I have Amari cooper too and the last few weeks I've started Carr and cooper and been burned.

Right now I'm starting
roethlisburger
Tyreek hill
Amari cooper
Ezekiel Elliott
Demarco Murray
Zach ertz
Jarvis Landry
Adam Vinatieri
And San Diego defense

I have on the bench
Derek Carr
Tyrrell Williams
Larry Fitzgerald
Ladarius Green
Derrick Henry
Jacquizz Rodgers

I'm pretty set on my lineup but it isn't stopping me from being nervous. I'm in the championship game this week against my boss.

Right now he has Green in. I'm hoping he doesn't notice by noon when 2 of the receivers he can plug in for him start playing.

BAE OF PIGS fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 24, 2016

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Wish I had started Shep on Thursday. Instead, I have a mess at WR/FLEX. I'm worried about SD resting Tyrell Williams, and I know people are recommending I start Tyreek but he's so unpredictable. I know his 3TD week was against Denver, but is that really a repeat possibility? Chris Hogan, Kenny Britt, Eli Rogers, and Cameron Meredith, all have possibilities as well. So I have no idea what to do.

EDIT:
Any changes to this lineup?

EDIT 2: Is Merideth going to be lined up against Josh Norman?

Vargo fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 24, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Spoeank posted:

Good luck today nerds.

And Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

Man, same.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Buane posted:

I've decided to go with the ultra rare Four Running Back Championship Week roster in my league

Ground and pound, baby, let's carry home the title.

Thanks for all the advice this year, thread. It's gonna be a long dark offseason.

Owns. Truly the Christmas spirit is alive with this one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Whoops. Melvin Gordon was out and I didn't fix my roster. So much for that championship.

Too many loving leagues.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Whoops. Melvin Gordon was out and I didn't fix my roster. So much for that championship.

Too many loving leagues.
My girlfriend had literally the same thing happen in her championship game with Gordon. She might still be okay but it doesn't help

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

I'm on the right :yotj:

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
To all my friends playing against Aaron Rodger led teams,

I'm sorry.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yuzenn posted:

I'm sorry.
I'm going against Jordy but I have Aaron so luckily it was a wash

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yuzenn posted:

I'm sorry.

Up against a a ron in both my finals. :feelsbadman:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Oh sweet. Bucs benched Doug Martin at the last minute for some loving reason and I'm an idiot for not checking my roster

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 24, 2016

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Wow great job me benching carr.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Thanks garbage time Kaep for winning the league for me :)

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

it's a christmas loving miracle! :circlefap:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Up in both but i'm nervous guys. Thought i'd breeze through my championships.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Praise be to David Johnson, the namesake of my team and sole reason for my victories. Side praise to the Bills D, who both of my opponents started.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'm going to email Fantasypros and have then block my IP address for next season so I don't dupe myself with their hivemind rankings next year.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Agreed. They had people like Tyreek and Michael Thomas low ranked all season.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

coronaball posted:

I'm going to email Fantasypros and have then block my IP address for next season so I don't dupe myself with their hivemind rankings next year.

You and me both. "Yeah play Britt over Thielen, it'll be a lock!"

Currently up by 26 points with only Tucker left to his Ware, Sanders and Forsett. Fuckkkkk. I know there's still 50/50 odds but I'm still anxious.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

coronaball posted:

Yeah learned some hard lessons this season trusting them.

Had Crowell and Watkins on my bench today but gently caress who saw them blowing up?

I was the idiot who started Cam over Cousins today

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
All I need is golden Tate and d Thomas combine for less than 21 points tomorrow and Monday and I move on. Could happen. Likely just enough to stress me the gently caress out

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Christ so Brate, Djax and Hyde all have decent injuries coming off their game. This fucks up my possible week 17 championship team

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
I was playing against a guy with Aaron Rodgers and Bryant and I was down 20...surged back with Novak left....only need one to win

Blocked XP

I mean this has to be the worst way to lose ever, in addition to droping Thelein and the Pats defense a week before

Fantasy!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I love how the teams still in the playoffs are struggling to break 90. Meanwhile the consolation teams are putting up monster numbers this week.

Our sacko (who has to eat a Carolina reaper as his punishment) is on track to put up the highest score this season.

Fantasy Football.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I shouldn't have worried about the early afternoon games with David Johnson in the late games

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
It's over and my Rodgers/Nelson combo has won me the championship, and commissioner over the league next year.

Big thanks to this thread for the tips and especially Forever_Peace for the waiver wire writeups. I definitely was successful because of those.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Whelp down by 15 with only Ware and AB left in my work league and need 11 points from Stafford, Ebron and Dixon in another.

Was hoping to have it wrapped up either way today, gonna be stressing tomorrow.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Keith Atherton posted:

Oh sweet. Bucs benched Doug Martin at the last minute for some loving reason and I'm an idiot for not checking my roster
Happened to me too, I was loving furious when I figured out why it was halftime and he hadn't accrued a single yard.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I'm up about 5 points with my Stafford and Ware to go vs his Kelce. .5 ppr. I'm confident, but I've seen and been subject to crazy fantasy poo poo before so fingers crossed go have it wrapped up tomorrow without having to rely on Stafford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

My loving bench is going to outscore my team in my championship game. Meredith, Thielen, LaFell and Clay. :smithicide:

• Locked thread