Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I am enjoying you here as kinda the natural end point to this thread's goals

It keeps me grounded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

devtesla posted:

It keeps me grounded

honestly this. Reading the trump poo poo depresses me endlessly. because the right is going to gently caress the US and the world hard and who knows if we can fix it. so it makes me mad that the WOKEs want to turn peoples escapism into their loving cultural revolution. same with the alt right dick fucks.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 02:11 on Dec 24, 2016

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Every time you quote me you miss everything I meant... it's incredible

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I can't believe these movies designed by a committee of They Live aliens to squeeze out as much profit as mathematically possible is bad.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i like that this thread works as both a place to make fun of woke babies and a honey trap for south park fanboys.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

get that OUT of my face posted:

another thing: this was a line of dialog in Smash 4. the greater context of their games matters and it's quite progressive. he did a whole lot of whining about nothing

How's this "progressive" when Laozi said the same thing 2500 years ago?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Patter Song posted:

How's this "progressive" when Laozi said the same thing 2500 years ago?

Laozi talked about Yoshi 2500 years ago?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yoshi is eternal

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

wizard on a water slide posted:

this post is p much the distilled essence of why your apparent view on this subject is retarded and histrionic whether you noticed or not lol

hint: compare the sociopolitical influence as well as the regulatory and military power of the next president of the united states to "the goon guild in guild wars 2"
he could easily have used another example as the last 6 years have provided no shortage of them. hell, try talking to someone who was alive in california in the 1960s and get them to say with a straight face that reagan did not use the public outcry over hippie excesses to help his rear end get elected governor

when occupy imploded a lot of people spent a good 18 months decrying "tone policing" and declared that even the dumbest, most pointlessly shrill narcissistic and inflammatory poo poo was fine and good as long as it was in the service of progressive ideals. yeah, that worked out fine for them didn't it

it has always been in the state/establishment's interest to make sure that any group that opposes them sounds as ridiculous as possible, that the most fringe viewpoints among them get brought to the forefront. that's not mansplaining or shutting down or whatever, that's a basic understanding of counterinsurgency tactics going back halfway to sun tzu

Slow-Scan Shep has issued a correction as of 10:00 on Dec 24, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Denny's and the Los Angeles Kings were pioneers of the "brands can be cool too" style of social media. if there is hell for brands they will both be there

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

papa_november posted:

he could easily have used another example as the last 6 years have provided no shortage of them. hell, try talking to someone who was alive in california in the 1960s and get them to say with a straight face that reagan did not use the public outcry over hippie excesses to help his rear end get elected governor

when occupy imploded a lot of people spent a good 18 months decrying "tone policing" and declared that even the dumbest, most pointlessly shrill narcissistic and inflammatory poo poo was fine and good as long as it was in the service of progressive ideals. yeah, that worked out fine for them didn't it

it has always been in the state/establishment's interest to make sure that any group that opposes them sounds as ridiculous as possible, that the most fringe viewpoints among them get brought to the forefront. that's not mansplaining or shutting down or whatever, that's a basic understanding of counterinsurgency tactics going back halfway to sun tzu

they didn't even actually kick him out of the mmo guild dude

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

papa_november posted:

I saw a sketch on a British comedy show where whenever a proponent of Irish independence appeared on TV, they had to inhale helium before speaking in order to detract credibility. Occupy was voluntarily inhaling helium before speaking and demanding to be taken seriously.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

they didn't even actually kick him out of the mmo guild dude

It's like when Jerry Seinfeld complained about political correctness on college campuses. No one forced him out, they just didn't think he was funny, but he interpreted as "kids these days are too PC to appreciate humor."

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kids these days definitely appreciate Bee Movie

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

It's like when Jerry Seinfeld complained about political correctness on college campuses. No one forced him out, they just didn't think he was funny, but he interpreted as "kids these days are too PC to appreciate humor."

devtesla posted:

Kids these days definitely appreciate Bee Movie

I now would like to see a jerry Seinfeld looking at and just not understanding why bee movie youtube memes are the best video like the one w the lazy town man, but Jerry's just bewildered

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wonderful new twist in the Woke Teen Vogue saga

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Cyron posted:

i like that this thread works as both a place to make fun of woke babies and a honey trap for south park fanboys.

Ooooohhh I'll get dem South Park fanboys of hazzard!

Seriously though you sound like a cartoonish idiot when you say meaningless things like this as if you're really sticking it to someone.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

devtesla posted:

I'm the teen-only magazine being run by a 20 year old

Edit: I'm digging into that thread and there are people seriously arguing that children are better off working full time than going to school. Yes, let's roll back one of the first real progressive changes in the modern era so teens can work for corporations full time 👍

Big Fat Iguana has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Dec 24, 2016

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

devtesla posted:

marketing products to minors is Bad now? well,

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

devtesla posted:

seize the means of teen voguing

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyqEFUQKczw

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Napoleon, Alexander the Great, Donald Trump, we're all cut from the same cloth."

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

fox news gettin' woke by teen vogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynLXPRqdlyc&t=142s

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
jesus christ, ol' tucker laying on the condescension so thick it's almost physically tangible. surprised he was able to run through so many leading questions and chuckling expressions of faux-surprise without gasping 'what do you mean by that, little lady?' at some point

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

tucker carlson makes me cry liberal tears he is a piece of garbage I hate him more than any teen vogue woke brand crap

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Carmant posted:

tucker carlson makes me cry liberal tears he is a piece of garbage I hate him more than any teen vogue woke brand crap

I mean yea no poo poo you should probably hate the crazy bigoted loser more than a teen vogue writer who...wrote some actually good things about how trump is an rear end in a top hat and his daughter shouldn't be off the hook for her part in the campaign because she's a pretty white woman?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I can't believe these movies designed by a committee of They Live aliens to squeeze out as much profit as mathematically possible is bad.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

A reactionary reaction video

https://youtu.be/G1IewlAi7dA

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Hila is my wife

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/813127061011308545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Someone who isn't intoxicated/is the right kind of intoxicated come up with an abuela joke.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz posted:

Someone who isn't intoxicated/is the right kind of intoxicated come up with an abuela joke.

H>er sigil is kinda stannis baratheon-y in that candle and she really is stannis if u think about it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

devtesla posted:

tbh this is true, just not for the reasons she thinks

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

crazy cloud posted:

H>er sigil is kinda stannis baratheon-y in that candle and she really is stannis if u think about it

She didn't sacrifice her adorable but disfigured daughter on a pyre.

Clearly that's the only reason she lost.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz posted:

She didn't sacrifice her adorable but disfigured daughter on a pyre.

Clearly that's the only reason she lost.

Not her daughter, her daughter's political career tho lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

MizPiz posted:

Áve Abuela, grátia pléna,
Numulariis técum.
Benedícta tu in muliéribus,
et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Chelsea.
Sáncta Abeula, Uxerom Bill,
óra pro nóbis plebicola,
nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Ámen.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

imagine shmorky's ex in reverse and you've basically got shanley

Slow-Scan Shep has issued a correction as of 10:21 on Dec 26, 2016

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MizPiz posted:

dunno which is worse, :abuela: as Mary or Lin Manuel Miranda as Jesus

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Israeli psy-op designed to foment reactionary attitudes in America's youth

drat YOU NETANYAHU :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Israeli psy-op designed to foment reactionary attitudes in America's youth

drat YOU NETANYAHU :argh:

Lol I know reactionary is too strong a word but these right leaning people who consider themselves to be "apolitical" are the worst.