Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

And that's my third 8*, thanks Burst Lucky Draw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Got the gold sword from roulette and promptly made an 8* gold sword. With synergy it's 2nd behind Zack's apocalypse+ and goddamn I have so much melee synergy for ff7.

Varance posted:

Still waiting for this Ultimate:

Or that Lenna's white mage robe is just a bustier, apparently.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

LornMarkus posted:

And that's my third 8*, thanks Burst Lucky Draw!

Got Master Monk's BSB, which I'll have to look into what it even does. Kinda regretting dropping mythril on the imperil and burst lucky draws, looking at the banners over there and the fact that I went 2/22 on the LDs. Gabranth BSB doesn't seem so hot.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

good enough

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I'd like to get Mech Menace Ultimate (and Zachs earring) before it expires tonight. What's a good team to take that thing down?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

FeralWraith posted:

Got Master Monk's BSB, which I'll have to look into what it even does. Kinda regretting dropping mythril on the imperil and burst lucky draws, looking at the banners over there and the fact that I went 2/22 on the LDs. Gabranth BSB doesn't seem so hot.

I think it's pretty great non-elemental DPS if I'm remembering it correctly. A crit up and Last Stand on entry, Command 2 is 4-hit with cast time down buff with a self DEF/RES decrease, and Command 1 is 4-hit, but upgraded to 8-hit after command 2.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

FeralWraith posted:

I kind of regretted it myself because I mostly got good but not great stuff: Imperil gave me Rufus' Shotgun, Balthier's Imperil Fire and Lightbringer IX, Curaga gave me Sarah's Ancient Lute and Arc's Insta-Cast SSB. But then the burst one gave me two dupes (another Lightbringer IX and the Healer's Circlet I used to do that reforge) but then Ashe's BSB popped out and I was like, "okay, nevermind."

Still kind of sad I got two Lightbringer IX's instead of an Excalibur T for my rear end-kicking Agrias but I'm sure I'll find a way to survive somehow.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

I'd like to get Mech Menace Ultimate (and Zachs earring) before it expires tonight. What's a good team to take that thing down?

as with any lightning weak boss, take your two strongest black mages and RW up a dusk's decree. fill in the rest with healing/breakdowns/buffs to fit.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

as with any lightning weak boss, take your two strongest black mages and RW up a dusk's decree. fill in the rest with healing/breakdowns/buffs to fit.

Fair warning that he's scripted to use an AoE autohit Stop at two points: As his third action, and after he drops to 70% HP.

Maybe save the Dusk's Decree RWs until after those have popped.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

U++ was really easy for me. Native Sheepsong was a huge help, and my team was regularly hitting weaknesses for 9999. I timed a magic blink to dodge maelstrom, and thanks to native SG I rarely took a hit that broke 3 digits.

I also crafted Curada for the Bartz fight and don't regret it for a second. It's really, really nice

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol @ everyone spending 62 stamina on the ffv event instead of orbfest

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Eh, breaking up the monotony is nice, despite not min-maxing.

Do the bosses next week stick around past orbfest or will we need to spend stamina on those as well?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ETB posted:

Eh, breaking up the monotony is nice, despite not min-maxing.

Do the bosses next week stick around past orbfest or will we need to spend stamina on those as well?

They'll stick around, XIV is being pushed back to commence on the 31st.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

Fair warning that he's scripted to use an AoE autohit Stop at two points: As his third action, and after he drops to 70% HP.

Maybe save the Dusk's Decree RWs until after those have popped.

obviously assuming everyone is as well off as I am would be unfair but even with the stops my magic users had enough mind that it wore off not super quickly, but quickly enough that he was cooked before the bursts wore off.

now, ramza and the keeper were out of commission for ages

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

IcePhoenix posted:

I usually do. Like someone else said, to break the monotony if nothing else. It won't really hurt unless you're constantly having to flee and reequip on the ultimate.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

IcePhoenix posted:

lol @ everyone choosing to grind a single orbfest + stage instead of doing halfway interesting content

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I'm mainly doing Orbfest because now that the game knows I want chips, I'm finally getting really good cactaur luck for once (and very few knights).

I've been soloing them with Luneth's EXP RM and characters I want to get to 99. Still have a lot of people to get to 50 then 65, but I might as well save the eggs for them since it's more frustrating to level low levelled people, and soloing with Luneth's RM is technically more efficient without dealing with casting Break on everything.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

KataraniSword posted:

lol @ everyone choosing to grind a single orbfest + stage instead of doing halfway interesting content

It's not like they won't do the ultimates, since they go away after orbfest. You're straight up losing orbs, experience, and gold by doing the ultimates now.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Yeah but orbfest is really boring. You just do it because it's orbfest.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

UHD posted:

Yeah but orbfest is really boring. You just do it because it's orbfest.

p much this. The 10 mythril is really dope though from the roulette.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KataraniSword posted:

I'm not sacrificing the ability to do the ultimates by waiting though :smuggo:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not sacrificing the ability to do the ultimates by waiting though :smuggo:

I noticed a while back that no matter what else is going on, people in this thread always gotta do the bonus battles the SECOND they drop. Considering they're sticking around til January 10th, I certainly don't see the need to rush it now, unless you want an MC3 lode so a character can suck up that Orbfest exp. I understand getting sick of the Orbfest grind, but these only come every 3 months or so.

That said, boy I wish the completion bonus for the dungeon at least tossed you a few chips. Two full runs (120 stamina) and no gold knights.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Shock Trooper posted:

I noticed a while back that no matter what else is going on, people in this thread always gotta do the bonus battles the SECOND they drop. Considering they're sticking around til January 10th, I certainly don't see the need to rush it now, unless you want an MC3 lode so a character can suck up that Orbfest exp. I understand getting sick of the Orbfest grind, but these only come every 3 months or so.

That said, boy I wish the completion bonus for the dungeon at least tossed you a few chips. Two full runs (120 stamina) and no gold knights.

I'm with you on both points, although I'm guilty of the former. Sometimes it just feels good to get those obstacles out of the way so you can tackle the next one more readily. But logically, it's better to hit up orbfest as long as possible and finish V later.

It would be nice if there were guaranteed chips, but DeNA doesn't make money doing that. C'est la vie.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I do them asap just so I don't accidentally forget and miss them. I'm 100% stamina efficient due to having a newborn and I've got a good stock of orbs already so it's not much of a concern to me.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Who should I mc3 with my two mc3s?

So far I've bumped up:
Tyro
Firion
Luneth
Pecil
Bartz
Celes
Tidus
Lightning
Vanille
Ramza

I'm really just looking for nice rm3's, but I'm probably going to do ashe (got her BSB).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

superloosegoose posted:

Who should I mc3 with my two mc3s?

So far I've bumped up:
Tyro
Firion
Luneth
Pecil
Bartz
Celes
Tidus
Lightning
Vanille
Ramza

I'm really just looking for nice rm3's, but I'm probably going to do ashe (got her BSB).

Ashe would be a good choice, then, yes. I think Cloud's final RM is Boring but Effective if you have a lot of dudes with swords around.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

superloosegoose posted:

Here's the list of the next set of MC3s we should be getting with the Lightning OSB/Adult Hope Wardrobe event (so right after the XIV event), if you wanted to possibly hang on to some for a bit, despite the EXP of Orbfest.

Wol- ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a light armor
Minwu- White Magic abilities restore 30% more HP
Arc- MAG and MND +13% when equipping a robe
Edge- Ninja abilities deal 40% more damage
Gilgamesh- Grants Protect, Shell and Haste at the beginning of the battle
Edgar- +30% Poison element damage
Sephiroth- +30% physical damage when equipping a katana
Selphie- MND +25% when equipping a rod
Kuja- Causes Doom(60 count) at the beginning of the battle
Jecht- ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a fist weapon
(Ayame- 24% chance to turn Attack into Hailstorm)
Penelo- White Magic abilities deal 30% more damage
Serah- MAG +15%, DEF -10%
Papalymo- MAG and RES +13% when equipping a rod
Mustadio- Attack has a 20% chance of inflicting Petrify

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
From that list, Edge should generally be most people's first priority unless they're adamant that they'll never use Ninjas. Serah's is solid, but keep in mind that Terra's is only a slight loss (13% vs 15%) with no drawback. and if you have a rod Papalymo's beats both. Gilgamesh is cute for solo runs and Kuja's is worth considering for abilities/SBs that power up with Doom. Past that, the only worthwhile ones are maybe Sephiroth's, Minwu's, and Selphie's (Penelo's more versatile but it shouldn't be hard to find a good +MND rod).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Any +30% weapon damage or +school damage RMs are worth considering. Gilgamesh's, as mentioned, is incredible for non-Galuf soloing. Kuja's is very good if you're packing a Dark Zone caster but don't want to use Memento Mori for various totally valid reasons. Generally speaking, the +stat RM3s aren't worthwhile. The mage attack replacers (especially the AOE ones) are mildly interesting for autoattacking through trash waves but that's about it. Any other attack replacers are poo poo (side note: I will laugh my rear end off if we eventually get Ayame's Attack->Hailstorm RM but not Hailstorm itself -- I'll also laugh if they add her MC3 to the Hall with this next update).

Really, with the exception of the +weapon damage or +school damage ones, most level 99 RMs are very situational.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

From that list, Edge should generally be most people's first priority unless they're adamant that they'll never use Ninjas. Serah's is solid, but keep in mind that Terra's is only a slight loss (13% vs 15%) with no drawback. and if you have a rod Papalymo's beats both. Gilgamesh is cute for solo runs and Kuja's is worth considering for abilities/SBs that power up with Doom. Past that, the only worthwhile ones are maybe Sephiroth's, Minwu's, and Selphie's (Penelo's more versatile but it shouldn't be hard to find a good +MND rod).

It's still astounding that the numerically strongest MAG boost in the game continues to be Devotion. For a Lv50 RM, that's astounding in its own way that it beats out even Lv99s-with-drawbacks.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

It's still astounding that the numerically strongest MAG boost in the game continues to be Devotion. For a Lv50 RM, that's astounding in its own way that it beats out even Lv99s-with-drawbacks.

You can say the same for Dragoon's Determination - it's just had less impact because after a certain point ATK-buff RMs aren't as useful.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did a 50 pull since I have a dearth of recent FFV relics and got the OSB, the cape and Lenna's BSB. The BSB doesn't seem that great, am I missing something?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

It's a white mage BSB, therefore good by default. An AoE heal that you can cast every turn saves a lot of hones and keeps your party healthy.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's got the spammable party h25, which is the important part

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Hogama posted:

Here's the list of the next set of MC3s we should be getting with the Lightning OSB/Adult Hope Wardrobe event (so right after the XIV event), if you wanted to possibly hang on to some for a bit, despite the EXP of Orbfest.

Wol- ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a light armor
Minwu- White Magic abilities restore 30% more HP
Arc- MAG and MND +13% when equipping a robe
Edge- Ninja abilities deal 40% more damage
Gilgamesh- Grants Protect, Shell and Haste at the beginning of the battle
Edgar- +30% Poison element damage
Sephiroth- +30% physical damage when equipping a katana
Selphie- MND +25% when equipping a rod
Kuja- Causes Doom(60 count) at the beginning of the battle
Jecht- ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a fist weapon
(Ayame- 24% chance to turn Attack into Hailstorm)
Penelo- White Magic abilities deal 30% more damage
Serah- MAG +15%, DEF -10%
Papalymo- MAG and RES +13% when equipping a rod
Mustadio- Attack has a 20% chance of inflicting Petrify

Interesting... Guess I gotta go edge. So what's the boost on ashe's rm3 "large mag boost when sword is equipped"?

All I have is Desch's sweet mag SSB sword.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Should I burn an MC3 on Lightning or no due to only having her SSB and no BSBs for her.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

superloosegoose posted:

Interesting... Guess I gotta go edge. So what's the boost on ashe's rm3 "large mag boost when sword is equipped"?
+15% MAG when equipped with a sword

(Devotion is so crazy because it's +20% MAG, -10% DEF and RES... but there's only one Devotion.)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Lenna's BSB is the best attacking white mage burst, and it actually does a really respectable amount of damage if you have a party MAG/MND buff in addition to her self MND buff.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Penelo's is actually just about equal to Lenna's; Lenna gets a very slight edge because she applies a 30% buff before the cmd1's 15%, but that is a very minor difference overall (and Penelo's damages on entry, while Lenna's doesn't) and Penelo is better support for the rest of your party. If you have even one mage or another offensive healer on the team, Penelo wins.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Penelo's is actually just about equal to Lenna's; Lenna gets a very slight edge because she applies a 30% buff before the cmd1's 15%, but that is a very minor difference overall (and Penelo's damages on entry, while Lenna's doesn't) and Penelo is better support for the rest of your party. If you have even one mage or another offensive healer on the team, Penelo wins.

Lenna's attacks are just stronger, full stop. She has higher natural mind and her self mind buff is 30% (Penelo's party buff is a weak 15% buff) and stacks with all other mind buffs in the game (Penelo's doesn't stack with other MAG/MND buffs which are all superior to hers). Using Penelo for her buff is like using Lenna's mini-Shout instead of Shout. There are other, better sources of it.

• Locked thread