Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Have the good guys lose to a surprise attack and take their sole remaining Death Star, Galactica, on a lonely quest - a shining planet known as Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So al the Star Wars are a long time ago really far away. but like what's going on today?? what about modern star wars?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bring back old gbs posted:

So al the Star Wars are a long time ago really far away. but like what's going on today?? what about modern star wars?

Turn on the news.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

bring back old gbs posted:

The opening crawl is going to slowly evolve from "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" to "A time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" to just "In a galaxy far, far away". But then the star wars are going to get closer to Earth as they keep fighting, and it'll be "In our galaxy right now".

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

The opening crawl is going to slowly evolve from "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" to "A time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" to just "In a galaxy far, far away". But then the star wars are going to get closer to Earth as they keep fighting, and it'll be "In our galaxy right now".

This would be kind of cool, actually, but it'd also be relentlessly stupid.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Wow I'm glad an hour long Christmas Best of the Worst was only a half-page derail during Star Wars chat.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I loving love Star Wars!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think Rich might not like Italians too much.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

King Vidiot posted:

since they threw out all of that incredibly stupid EU poo poo I don't know if there is anything preventing different galaxies.

lucas was an idiot and never considered that having people stroll partway across the entire galaxy in a day or two means they should be going to other galaxies, and never addressed it. So the EU stepped in to explain it with some impenetrable barrier that surrounds the galaxy that keeps them from going anywhere else.

It might make an actual interesting story for once if they dealt with something that is actually alien from other galaxies instead of a galaxy that is basically a 1000 person town where everyone knows the skywalkers and each movie is a family reunion.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Nucleic Acids posted:

I think Rich might not like foreigners too much.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

It might make an actual interesting story for once if they dealt with something that is actually alien from other galaxies instead of a galaxy that is basically a 1000 person town where everyone knows the skywalkers and each movie is a family reunion.

The EU did this, Chewie got crushed by a moon.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Why does Mike always make Rich the butt of his jokes?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Rich Evans is the butt of a very long joke called life.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

We got the Yuuzhan Vong S&M Aliens out of that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fat Shat Sings posted:

lucas was an idiot and never considered that having people stroll partway across the entire galaxy in a day or two means they should be going to other galaxies, and never addressed it.

He didn't address it because it didn't matter until terrible nerds started trying to live in his garbage setting.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 24, 2016

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Nanomashoes posted:

Why does Mike always make Rich the butt of his jokes?

They have been friends since childhood. If that isn't enough of an answer for you, I don't know what to say.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Nucleic Acids posted:

I think Rich might not like Italians too much.

I was waiting for one of them to say something racist about the Johnson family

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

RepliGATOR is probably the worst thing they've ever had on BOTW, goddamn.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It's easily the most embarrassing.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

They have been friends since childhood. If that isn't enough of an answer for you, I don't know what to say.

Makes sense, but Rich seems to get a sad face every time it happens and it makes me wish Mike could pick on Jack or Josh or a Canadian sometime.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

FuturePastNow posted:

The crack pipe comment qualifies. But it's most mostly racism free (thankfully).

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nanomashoes posted:

Makes sense, but Rich seems to get a sad face every time it happens and it makes me wish Mike could pick on Jack or Josh or a Canadian sometime.

Rich's face naturally bears a sorrowful countenance, for indeed he bears the weight of all mankind's sins.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

FYI they were referring to a spam ad that used Richs pic and said he was a basement dweller that won a bunch of money gambling.

Mike didnt make all that up.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

rogue one is the best star wars movie since return of the jedi. but im not a star wars fan really so what do i know

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

rogue one is the best star wars movie since return of the jedi. but im not a star wars fan really so what do i know

I am a star wars fan and Rogue One was the best star Wars film since Guardians of the Galaxy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Star Wars movie since El Caballero del Dragón

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
gently caress star war

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hope RLM covers another Netflix series because I want to hear them tear apart The OA, that lovely loving piece of poo poo.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 25, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Mordja posted:

I hope RLM covers another Netflix series because I want to hear them tear apart [i]The OA[/], that lovely loving piece of poo poo.

Someone spoiled that series in a cspam thread I read and the summary made my eyes roll so hard that I saw my brain

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

FuturePastNow posted:

Or to discuss the elephant in the room that is Johnson Family Vacation and how Johnson Family Christmas tried to pull an Asylum and piggyback on its success, hoping that stupid or naive people would buy it unwittingly and be ripped off.

I guess they did do a quick flash of the Johnson Family Vacation poster to acknowledge it. Maybe it was just so blatantly obvious that they didn't need to address it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mordja posted:

I hope RLM covers another Netflix series because I want to hear them tear apart The OA, that lovely loving piece of poo poo.

gently caress that stupid show and everyone associated with it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My friend was raving about the OA and telling me I need to see it but he can't tell me the basic premise because "the whole show is basically spoilers". It didn't make me very excited.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope they never review TV again. Especially Netflix garbage. Merry Christmas you FUCKS

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hope richs dad shows up at the door with decades of owed presents. accurate to the time period they should have been received

richs dad replaces josh on plinketto but its annoying because dad never stops complimenting the build quality of the board. proud dad

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ok now u guys post ur rlm fanfic. marry christmas!!!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nanomashoes posted:

I loving love Star Wars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDE6ER5P53k&t=17s

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I'm worried Mike might hurt himself over Christmas guys. Just a feeling. Taking bets if anyone's interested!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Mike cracks open a chestnut by the fireplace, Jay walks into the room and asks Mike, "how about you crack these nuts?" And then drops his pants. Mike tells Jay to look up, Jay follows his command and finds a mistletoe hanging above him. When Jay looks down Mike is standing a few inches away from his face and lets out a loud belch. "Looks like I'm gassy" says Mike, "you'll have to suck the gas out of me", Jay turns bright red, Mike grabs him and pulls him close, opening his mouth for a kiss.

"Oh my god!" Exclaims Rich from the other room. "Did you guys forget we're all here?". Mike and Jay turn to their left to find Jack, Josh, The Canadians, Max Landis, and Rich staring at them. Max rubs his genitals while whispering "it's a Christmas miracle".

Happy holidays from RLM!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Someone spoiled that series in a cspam thread I read and the summary made my eyes roll so hard that I saw my brain

priznat posted:

gently caress that stupid show and everyone associated with it.

Details pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The finale involves a bunch of idiots who think they are angels performing an interpretive dance during a school shooting. Which confuses the shooter long enough for a cafeteria worker to tackle him

• Locked thread