Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Been working on building up a living dex in Y and OR lately in preparation for January. Had a Gligar and Sneasel in the bank on Y, so I spent 96 BP on the Razor Claw and Fang, gave them the items to hold... and then sent them both to Pokebank to withdraw in OR since I do all my leveling there. I can still afford another pair, but still, FML.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Dad Jokes posted:

I haven't had much luck with direct castform-for-legendary trades in the past, but I've had a lot of luck by simply chaining trades like castform -> version exclusive UB -> cosmog -> legendary.
Castform -> Type:Null -> X works well.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Welp, just got a perfect 6IV shiny Mareani in a beast ball through wonder trade.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Be careful about spelling while asking for Pokemon that aren't in your dex. I just wasted a couple hours waiting for someone to trade me a "Pheramosa."

Also, I had good luck with trading a couple Goomy for Castform and Mareanie after having very bad luck attempting to catch either.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

runchild posted:

Be careful about spelling while asking for Pokemon that aren't in your dex. I just wasted a couple hours waiting for someone to trade me a "Pheramosa."

Also, I had good luck with trading a couple Goomy for Castform and Mareanie after having very bad luck attempting to catch either.

You'll know if you spelled it wrong if the game has to load a bit when you enter the name rather than going instantly.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so it turns out i had no idea how the destiny knot works and i probably need a good IV ditto for it..right?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

spit on my clit posted:

so it turns out i had no idea how the destiny knot works and i probably need a good IV ditto for it..right?

Any good IV pokemon works well with it but a good IV Ditto + Destiny Knot is the best to have.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pakled posted:

Any good IV pokemon works well with it but a good IV Ditto + Destiny Knot is the best to have.

ah, so a nearly perfect IV porygon doesn't result in the child having nearly perfect IVs if it holds the destiny knot? just better all around IVs??

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

spit on my clit posted:

ah, so a nearly perfect IV porygon doesn't result in the child having nearly perfect IVs if it holds the destiny knot? just better all around IVs??

If you have a destiny knot you get 5 IVs from both parents. So the better IVs both parents have the better the destiny knot does.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

spit on my clit posted:

It picks 5 IVs from both parents and one wildcard, so you may luck into all poo poo stats.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm a total breeding scrub but as far as I can tell the strategy is to get a mon with the nature you want and put an everstone on it, then when you get a child with better IVs you replace whichever non-ditto parent you're using.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Basically yeah

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

vOv posted:

I'm a total breeding scrub but as far as I can tell the strategy is to get a mon with the nature you want and put an everstone on it, then when you get a child with better IVs you replace whichever non-ditto parent you're using.

... oh god, does this mean what I think it means?

E: nevermind, read it wrong, I thought you were saying 'Pokemok Incest'.

I keep that particular filth to CK2.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's not really incest, it's a really extreme narcissist complex

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Sometimes a baby comes out of it, nature do what nature do

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sky Shadowing posted:

... oh god, does this mean what I think it means?

E: nevermind, read it wrong, I thought you were saying 'Pokemok Incest'.

I keep that particular filth to CK2.

Incest is what you do if you don't have a 6IV ditto; you just keep breeding together your two best opposite-sex mon together with an everstone and a destiny knot, and whenever you get a child that's better than the parent with the same sex you replace it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I still end up doing lots of pokeincest with a 6IV Ditto. Your chances of getting the a 5IV mon double for every perfect IV the non-Ditto parent has, and I typically go 1-2 generations before I get a 4IV mon that will eventually produce a 5IV one.

Basically, competitive pokemon are like European royalty, so the CK2 comparison is apt.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I am giving away about 50 5 IV mareanie tomorrow for Christmas named "Merry Xmas" on wonder trade. So if you get one, it was from me.

Merry Christmas.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-504981675

Turn 4 in this made me wonder if there's a replay where 4 pokemon manage to get killed by one move in a doubles battle. Excluding perish song, obviously.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

basically the pokemon main game is all about finding the pokemon that's your best friend and forging an unbreakable bond while the post-game is all about marching those pokemon into the slave mines or into the Ditto Incest Pit.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

I just fought a trainer with an Alolan Dugtrio. What a loving inspired design.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Neitherman posted:

I just fought a trainer with an Alolan Dugtrio. What a loving inspired design.

It's hair metal, right?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Internet Kraken posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-504981675

Turn 4 in this made me wonder if there's a replay where 4 pokemon manage to get killed by one move in a doubles battle. Excluding perish song, obviously.

I assume this has happened with Explosion.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's hair metal, right?

Yep. It's righteous.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-39893

I was looking at replays and I found the grimiest of sweeps.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Theta Zero posted:

I'm assuming this was before the Shadow Tag ban.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I'm confused, why did the Landorus keep using Stealth Rock after the Encore ended?

fake edit: oh right, the choice scarf that got Tricked onto it. And Shadow Tag stops them escaping. Haha, clever.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Here's a plush that should never be understuffed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Paul.Power posted:

I'm confused, why did the Landorus keep using Stealth Rock after the Encore ended?

fake edit: oh right, the choice scarf that got Tricked onto it. And Shadow Tag stops them escaping. Haha, clever.

Well, less clever and more "the one thing that pokemon does".

Merry holiday pokemon trainers and Rangers alike. Not breeders though

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Theta Zero posted:

It's... it's so beautiful...

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Theta Zero posted:

Ahaha this is amazing :allears:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Merry Shitscram, fellow Pokenerds!

For Christmas I am sending off a bunch of randomly bred Mimikyu in Luxury Balls for kids who got the game today.

And holy poo poo did they make the Wondertrade annoying to get to. Just...just let me do multiple wonder trades.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

2 boxes of Mareanie ready to go out to kids who got the game today.

Merry Christmas.

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

I bred a bunch of beldum this morning to send out cause why not and just got a lvl 100 shiny salazzle from WT :eyepop:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I bred up a box of Eevees and sent them out holding evolution stones. One row was pre-evolved Leafeons because you don't find the Mossy Rock for awhile. I also sent out a level 12 Salamence.

Seven of the Pokemon I got in return were from the first island in regular Pokeballs. :3:

EDIT: Just received a female Popplio. Time to spread some more Christmas cheer.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 25, 2016

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Someone sent me a Haunter that evolved into a Gengar.

Halfway tempted to send the dude back out since that last guy showed good will by letting it evolve for some kid :3:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That is one reason why I sent out Phantumps today. What is better than a spooky grass ghost? A grass ghost that turns into a spooky tree! All those rookies get two Pokedex entries for the price of one.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I've been IV breeding Cutieflys, so I started naming all my babies things like Jingle, Noel and Sleigh Belle to send out on the Wonder trade.

I finally got a Littlen through Wonder Trade last night! Adamant and 5 IV to boot!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I've been sending out Mareanies with Christmas names, Eevees all named Xmas Eevee, and some of my reject Bagons and Gibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm gonna throw my Nippon Steel Kartana into the WT.