Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Trump is shutting down his charitable foundation, but the NY AG office said he isn't allowed to until after their investigation concludes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

Trump is shutting down his charitable foundation, but the NY AG office said he isn't allowed to until after their investigation concludes.

Lol like that will stop them

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Ok if you're doing artillery correctly then you move firing positions fairly frequently. Or so it goes in this type of warfare. And If you're getting annihilated by counterfire after every fire mission you start investigating what's up. Considering that you can do a little Intel analysis on known arty positions to guess what their infantry is up to, I'm guessing the Russians didn't blow their secret on wasting some FOs or batteries of loving D30s when they could be ambushing the gently caress out of Ukrainian ground troops. Also why are you getting mad, it's a stupid mistake that, once the enemy takes advantage of it, is quickly mitigated by common doctrine, albeit western doctrine. Maybe the Slavs were too busy squatting and shooting up krokodil to do shoot n scoot battle drills or ponder the intricacies of transmitting fire missions and grid coordinates over a loving android app you download off the Internet.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

My absolute favorite part is the complete lack of self awareness in his passive aggressive lie about the topic. He's all "it's so terrible that this charitable organization is being accused of pay to play so now orphaned puppies with cancer that I was totally pinky swear going to give the money to can't get the help they need. Clinton Foundation? Never heard those words what are they?"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well... this is odd. I don't remember anything like this happening during transitions.

https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/812789356096163840

Sort of difficult to figure the 'why'. Miller was really critical of Trump before Miller became his press flack. He is also an abject liar, as nearly everything he says is total bullshit in defense of Trump. He's giving the impression that his wife is pulling a THE gently caress YOU ARE sort of thing, due to another kid coming. But then, why the gently caress announce him as comms director if he's iffy about it in the first place?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

facialimpediment posted:

Well... this is odd. I don't remember anything like this happening during transitions.

https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/812789356096163840

Sort of difficult to figure the 'why'. Miller was really critical of Trump before Miller became his press flack. He is also an abject liar, as nearly everything he says is total bullshit in defense of Trump. He's giving the impression that his wife is pulling a THE gently caress YOU ARE sort of thing, due to another kid coming. But then, why the gently caress announce him as comms director if he's iffy about it in the first place?

Also, he's trying (and failing) to compensate for his fat face with a goatee.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Also, he's trying (and failing) to compensate for his fat face with a goatee.

'Bloatee'

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Or maybe Trump no longer approved of him once he saw Miller's facial hair

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Totally stealing this.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Genocide Tendency posted:

Totally stealing this.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

:same:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Suicide Watch posted:

Or maybe Trump no longer approved of him once he saw Miller's facial hair

Seconded

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I hate that comic but "dude of gravity" is hilarious

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

achewood is good dont hate

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yeah that's where I got it from lol.

Achewood is one of the few truly good webcomics. :colbert:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

drat, Obama

https://www.rt.com/news/371623-russian-tu-154-disappears-radars/

quote:

Russian military Tu-154 aircraft disappears from radars after takeoff in Sochi – reports

2016 keepin' it real

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

What loving news agency is that?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Some stupid Russian media network https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Russia Today
Surprised you haven't heard of them. They're an english language Russian propaganda news corp.

I think one of the Australian TV channels even has them on :lol:
E: yep, ch44, the local community TV channel.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 25, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah, it's Russian State News.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That poo poo plays on public television in the middle of the night in every corner of the country. If you haven't seen it, you're not awake late enough into the night watching an antiques roadshow marathon only to be surprised by RT popping on and running a two hour block of poo poo on why ukraine is bad or america is bad or whatever.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

RT is a fairly huge operation and gets slathered all over the internet these days, I see their stuff regularly in my Google News feed. It's basically the Kremlin's cynical psyops attempt to spin the news in a Russian-friendly perspective designed to appeal to western Europeans and Americans, complete with flashy CNN-style graphics and all the usual decorations we associate with major US news networks these days. They also got salty as hell with Bellingcat a while back when he pointed out that it was a Russian-supplied AA missile that shot down MH17.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

The story is getting picked up by Washington Post now too

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Re: UN Condemnation of Israeli Settlements:

Who the gently caress would willingly move to a settlement in the occupied territories? Do you get a massive tax break or some poo poo? Because whatever it is, it probably isn't worth being rocketed by Hamaas/Hezbollah or being eventually forced out as the result of a treaty.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

RT is in a perfect position since theor stories are quickly shared on social media by idiots with no critical thinking skills.

psydude posted:

Who the gently caress would willingly move to a settlement in the occupied territories? Do you get a massive tax break or some poo poo? Because whatever it is, it probably isn't worth being rocketed by Hamaas/Hezbollah or being eventually forced out as the result of a treaty.
Really Orthodox Jews apparently think continually destabilizing the Middle East was part of their covenant with Yahweh or something.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

psydude posted:

Who the gently caress would willingly move to a settlement in the occupied territories? Do you get a massive tax break or some poo poo?
I can't remember if this is officially the case, but yes.

Housing prices are lower in the settlements, both due to the geography, and due to the aforementioned "getting murdered in your bed by Palestinian extremists" risk. Also, the conservative factions of Israeli government are happy to cut you a subsidy/tax break in exchange for helping gentrify the West Bank.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

psydude posted:

The settlements are entirely in the West Bank since Gaza was evacuated, so there's zero threat of being rocketed by Hamas. Pretty sure Hezbollah's rockets can't manage much further than northern Israel and generally go after major population centers rather than podunk settlements. The Israeli government has gone to great lengths to safeguard the settlers, constructing extravagant infrastructure and security barriers that separate them from the Palestinian villages they settle next to, leaving the Palestinian territories more an archipelago of isolated hamlets rather than a unified territory. What danger there is to settlers these days largely comes from one-off, lone-wolf attacks by the profoundly desperate, everyday Palestinian who has zero hope for their future because of the Occupation.

There are massive public and private subsidies to entice Israelis into taking part in the settlement enterprise, with the obvious goal of establishing facts on the ground that prevent a two-state solution by irreversibly enmeshing major Israeli settlements deep into the West Bank. Some minor settlements in particularly tenuous positions never receive government backing and are removed (again and again and again) by the IDF, but these are locations with a few dozen people at most, a pittance compared to the now 780,000 Israeli settlers now living inside the West Bank.

For more involved debate & discussion, get the to the Israel/Palestine slapfight thread.

Edit: poo poo, I forgot the settlers in the Golan Heights. Yeah, they're heavily targeted by Hezbollah anytime Hezbollah gets into a pissing match with Israel.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 25, 2016

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I thought that there was a sizeable number of settlers living in the Golan Heights?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Nuclear Tourist posted:

RT is a fairly huge operation and gets slathered all over the internet these days, I see their stuff regularly in my Google News feed. It's basically the Kremlin's cynical psyops attempt to spin the news in a Russian-friendly perspective designed to appeal to western Europeans and Americans, complete with flashy CNN-style graphics and all the usual decorations we associate with major US news networks these days. They also got salty as hell with Bellingcat a while back when he pointed out that it was a Russian-supplied AA missile that shot down MH17.

The have some loving hot presenters as well and frequently run the best coverage of riots and violent events.

I want to watch it all burn in HD.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The have some loving hot presenters as well and frequently run the best coverage of riots and violent events.

I want to watch it all burn in HD.

They're really the best fake news channel. Still not sure how Larry King ended up with a show there.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Terrible Robot posted:

Chris Onstad or something. He used to post on SA sporadically. Rockin the bloatee, dude of gravity, rollin 90 deep' the guy comes up with insanely good phrases.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Terrible Robot posted:

Achewood is autist garbage. Nedroid and Oglaf are the best two webcomics.

:colbert:

Genocide Tendency posted:

What loving news agency is that?

RT has been posted in here hundreds of times. They post stuff outside of the normal bubble for a lot of people. Sort of like Al-Jazeera English but more of a psyops operation. They've done a fantastic job of subtly integrating themselves into peoples lives and putting that pro Russian spin on things to the point that most people just hear about poo poo Russia did and go "so Russia is cool and good 👍" despite carpet bombing a housing development full of civvies.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 25, 2016

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Achewood is autist garbage. Nedroid and Oglaf are the best two webcomics.

:colbert:

RT has been posted in here hundreds of times. But as has been explained, they're huge with the current conservative party because they're a pandering propaganda machine. They've done a fantastic job of subtly integrating themselves into peoples lives and putting that pro Russian spin on things to the point that most people just hear about poo poo Russia did and go "so Russia is cool and good 👍" despite carpet bombing a housing development full of civvies.

Then there's the people who absolutely know everything he is doing who are just jealous of what Putin can get away with and would just absolutely love to do that to [INSERT MINORITY HERE] in the states. Looking mostly at you, theocratic right wing assholes and your treatment of anyone not absolutely drowning in toxic masculinity, though there's a definite side-eye to purely opportunistic political power-grabbers that want to crush anyone who votes against them so only the right types vote.

Really is amazing watching the "Party of Reagan" just say gently caress it and drop the mask to suck Russian dick for power.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

bird food bathtub posted:

Really is amazing watching the "Party of Reagan" just say gently caress it and drop the mask to suck Russian dick for power.

It's the social conservatism and authoritarianism. I'm certain of it.

I know a creationist evangelical who, after meeting an Eastern European chick, stopped dating Americans and started trolling around Russian social media. Long story short, he's married to a Russian now and they're happy as (religious conservative) clams.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

If you go outside of the Reagan Library on a nice calm night, if you listen hard enough some say you can hear the sobs of an oldman that you can't ever find.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

I don't even know how to respond to this stuff now. They went from the right's boogeyman to the country that it's totally ok if they interfere with our elections and annex some space, also ignore these business ties.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Midjack posted:

They're really the best fake news channel. Still not sure how Larry King ended up with a show there.

He needs to do something to afford the severance pay from his gazillion of failed marriages.

Foreign Policy has a pretty good article about RT and its (also Kremlin-funded) offshoot Sputnik News which is catered more towards the young ADD-riddled internet crowd: http://foreignpolicy.com/2014/11/10/kremlins-sputnik-newswire-is-the-buzzfeed-of-propaganda/

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

KildarX posted:

If you go outside of the Reagan Library on a nice calm night, if you listen hard enough some say you can hear the sobs of an oldman that you can't ever find.

I think this has enough meat for a Bubba Ho-Tep sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Cugel the Clever posted:

For more involved debate & discussion, get the to the Israel/Palestine slapfight thread.

No one do this.

• Locked thread