Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
In Otoyomegatari 60, Pariya makes even more friends!!! :siren: and also some grumpy faces. And very likely a hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That chapter was great. Pariya continues to be amazing too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The most exciting chapter of a manga about a bunch of women sitting around gossiping while sewing ever

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I still think my favorite chapter is Child Watches Old Man Carve Door With Minimal Dialogue.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Maybe it just stuck in my mind better because it's more recent, but I have to throw in a vote for Two Dorks Try To Fix A Wagon, Fail Miserably.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The Sandman posted:

Maybe it just stuck in my mind better because it's more recent, but I have to throw in a vote for Two Dorks Try To Fix A Wagon, Fail Miserably.

I agree.

:kimchi:

Bread baking chapter was also really good.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Pariya is a good girl :3

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
That was so cute :3:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Vinland saga moves so slow that every now and then I just like to start reading it from the beginning to familiarize my self with everything that went down.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Vinland saga moves so slow that every now and then I just like to start reading it from the beginning to familiarize my self with everything that went down.

Man you have no idea. This is way better than it is with Berserk.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Man you have no idea. This is way better than it is with Berserk.

I dunno... Vinland has been on a boat for a while.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Blinks77 posted:

They've gotten off the boat multiple times.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Blinks77 posted:

They got all the way from Denmark to Iceland and back with like less than a year of on-boat chapters. Making way better time than Guts and co.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Vinland Saga is paced just right in my opinion. We usually get through about one sub-arc each year.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it really seems like the creator learned from the Farmville saga and is not looking to repeat that mistake

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Farmland Saga was not a mistake.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Farmland Saga was the best part of Vinland Saga.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'd read a hundred more chapters of Farmland Saga.

Hopefully there will be more when we get to Vinland.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Begemot posted:

:same:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Begemot posted:

Still looking forward to seeing how he reconciles Thorfinn's in-comic ideals with the reality of what happened to the Vinland settlement.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I got a lot to catch up.

These mangas are still the best.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Farmland Saga was the best part of Vinland Saga.

Farmland Saga is great, but (new chapter of) Thorkell Saga is even better - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Vinland-Saga/Vol-019-Ch-133--Baltic-Sea-War--009-?id=330035

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Thorfinn just straight batmanned those dudes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JosephWongKS posted:

Farmland Saga is great, but (new chapter of) Thorkell Saga is even better - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Vinland-Saga/Vol-019-Ch-133--Baltic-Sea-War--009-?id=330035

All Floki's carefully laid plans are going to be for naught after Thorkell finds out who robbed him of a sweet fight.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Thorfinn just straight batmanned those dudes.

This was incredibly awesome.

Gyges posted:

All Floki's carefully laid plans are going to be for naught after Thorkell finds out who robbed him of a sweet fight.

I'm eagerly anticipating Thorkell losing it over Floki.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Thorkell angsty reaction is amazing, god I love that musclehead :allears:

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

Reminder that Volume 8 of Vinland Saga comes out December 27th! I haven't seen an official announcement but Volume 9 is also available for pre-order, out June 27th.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Who picked up the publishing rights this time? Or is it the same people back from the dead?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Kodansha never stopped. Apparently interest was high enough* that they're gonna keep going.

*Much more likely an artificial scare to drum up sales.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Finally read/caught up with Historie...man, what a great manga. I'm irrationally upset that I feel like history class has spoiled me because I "know" what's gonna happen. Then again, seeing the author spin those things into a cohesive narrative is part of the fun. Really curious about what the end game for this series would be. (Do I...put history stuff under spoiler tags or...I don't know. Uh, to be on the safe side and not upset anyone...) Wonder if they are gonna stop the manga at Alexander dying or if they are gonna go all the way to Eumenes' death. Because his death was pretty hardcore and that would make the manga ending pretty depressing. There's not a lot of historical evidence of what/who Eumenes' son ended up being if I recall, so maybe the author could do something about that. No idea.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The manga is about Eumenes, not Alexander.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I know, I was thinking more along the lines of wondering if the manga is gonna go through Eumenes' entire life or just go through a narrative arc and end on a major historical event.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I certainly hope so, I mean that's part of what I'm in for. Alexander is boring and done to death, and he's not much better in this snakeface form. Diadochi or bust!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Vinland Saga - http://bato.to/reader#63dff3f3e969cd6a_1

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
A great chapter. .:3: that girl who will never be acknowledged.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I'm one page in and Thorkell is already great

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Now it's time for Thorkell to absorb Vagn's forces and go after floki, and then Canute itself.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Garm is kinda hot. People are saying he reminds them of how Thorfinn used to be but I think he seems more like a young Thorkell.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Theowulv posted:

Garm is kinda hot. People are saying he reminds them of how Thorfinn used to be but I think he seems more like a young Thorkell.

He's sorta like a cross between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Running into a shonen protagonist is the worst. :argh: