Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I can't really tell the difference between SS2 and normal Super Saiyan. Part of it is just that the "defining traits" of SS2 (one strand of hair and the electricity apparently?) are stuff I just thought the original had when the animators were feeling extra spicy.

I actually like Super Sayian Blue a lot though look wise. It's strange that just changing yellow to blue actually works for me, but it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They settled on a really good shade of blue for SSB, which really helps it out. Too light or too dark and it'd look off.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gohan has a distinct design as SS2, Vegeta and Gokult did not.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
start of the TFS #1 villain video is real good

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

start of the TFS #1 villain video is real good

ya monster carrot is the best

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Just realized Goku's SSGSS being red would ruin Kaioken X Blue. Which is the best looking power aura in that it is the biggest. Also, one step closer to Super Gaiyan Rainbow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I kind of like Super Trunk's Gold-And-Blue aura most.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pollyanna posted:

Am I alone in liking how SSG looks more than how SSB looks? The show's in dire need of some more red and SSB doesn't look unique/new enough for me.

You're not alone. But it's okay, I know the burden of being the only one with good taste around. :unsmith:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If you're on a list of villains based on villainy alone then Vegeta has murdered entire planets, Cell barely got a few cities.

Cell drank a few cities, that is a real personal kind of hosed up. I'd rather be wiped off the planet by a giant laser than go to Hades via Cell's method

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:v:
Not only is Goku faster than time, now he is stronger than the concept of space. I want to see Goku fight Whis at full power, and try to beat his time travel.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm pretty cool with SSB but I don't always like how opaque they animate the aura and when they have them in their more iconic clothes like they did last arc that shade of blue their hair becomes doesn't look good

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just wanna see newer and cooler poo poo re: power levelz and transformations/auras. I never watched GT, but SSJ4 is good in concept.

Rutibex posted:

:v:
Not only is Goku faster than time, now he is stronger than the concept of space. I want to see Goku fight Whis at full power, and try to beat his time travel.

I'm still laughing at the fact that Goku's the one who hired Hit. Fuckin' typical.

I'm quite happy that the filler tends to only be 1~2 episodes long per storyline. Any longer and they'd start to drag, at least between arcs.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
On the one hand, I'd like to see Hit fight SSIDGAF Trunks, but on the other, I'm not sure that Hit talks enough poo poo for Trunks to fully power up. Maybe if someone hired Hit to assassinate every human on Earth?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Awww, Vegeta's jealous.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Pureauthor posted:

Awww, Vegeta's jealous.

Or scared. He's seen what happens when Goku gets a new rival. You get lower and lower on the pecking order until you're benched forever. First Vegeta will get Piccolo'ed as it becomes the Goku and Hit show, and then Goku will find someone else and you just fall lower down the rungs until you hit Yamcha levels.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 25, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God drat Goku is such a delightful rear end in a top hat.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
vegetas got nothing to worry about, i figure hes stronger than goku atm

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

No way possible is he.

Goku has his trump card up his sleeve that Vegeta never figured out.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Burkion posted:

No way possible is he.

Goku has his trump card up his sleeve that Vegeta never figured out.

Traumatic head injury as a child?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku is stronger than Vegeta in that if Goku was willing to go all out without any care for consequences he would push Vegeta's poo poo in with Kaioken, but that's a real fight to the death thing, not a Manly Rival Duel thing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe Goku did the Assclass surefire technique.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Goku is stronger than Vegeta in that if Goku was willing to go all out without any care for consequences he would push Vegeta's poo poo in with Kaioken, but that's a real fight to the death thing, not a Manly Rival Duel thing.

Goku is also just straight up stronger than Vegita. Goku overwhelmed Super Zamasu and beat his rear end in a beam struggle, something Vegita could only do with the help of Trunks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Next episode seems like it's going to be great.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I take back everything bad I said about TFS just because of the beginning of that video

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

I take back everything bad I said about TFS just because of the beginning of that video

Should have sold the bit harder imo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah, a Great Saiyaman movie plot is a concept almost as good as the baseball episode

how much longer until the next arc? like a couple of episodes at best right?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Carlosologist posted:

yeah, a Great Saiyaman movie plot is a concept almost as good as the baseball episode

I thought there was already a Great Saiyaman movie as an episode back drop back in DBZ though? Maybe this will be the sequel or maybe Toriyama forgot or maybe it's just unrelated somehow.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

pik_d posted:

I thought there was already a Great Saiyaman movie as an episode back drop back in DBZ though? Maybe this will be the sequel or maybe Toriyama forgot or maybe it's just unrelated somehow.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/I%27ll_Fight_Too!

There totally was, I'm sure this will be different somehow though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Carlosologist posted:

february 5th

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm usually not one to complain about animation quality in Super but I'm not sure there was a single shot this week where Champa's face looked on-model.

Good episode otherwise. Fight was cool, and I thought Goten swearing revenge against Hit was cute. Looking forward to the Great Saiyaman movie next week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

tbp posted:

Yeah, and I think Charlie Brown can kick Lucy's football now.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

pik_d posted:

Clearly the first Saiyaman movie was like the first Hulk movie, while this Saiyaman movie will be like the second Hulk movie.

And meanwhile there is a mockbluster out there called the The Alright Blayaman that has lots of lovely CGI and stock images.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So...did that count as a zenkai boost

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

After this episode and the events of RoF, I really want to see an episode of Piccolo renewing his first aid license.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was a cool episode, and the fight was really interesting but the end of the fight was garbage. Like they couldn't figure out how Goku can actually neutralise Hit to carry on how they want so they just said gently caress it. Nice to see Vados, Champa and Hit all getting along with U7 too.

Next episode looks cool.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That was a cool episode, and the fight was really interesting but the end of the fight was garbage. Like they couldn't figure out how Goku can actually neutralise Hit to carry on how they want so they just said gently caress it. Nice to see Vados, Champa and Hit all getting along with U7 too.

Next episode looks cool.

Goku shattered Hit's pocket dimension, just like Buu hosed up the time chamber dimension. Really strong guys are stronger than dimensions! Not that hard to understand.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It makes sense, it's just crap.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It was honestly the only way out.

They kind of wrote themselves into a corner..

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
It was cool to see Hit fighting in good spirits rather than being relentlessly dour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

pik_d posted:

It's a reboot, the series went stale after Saiyaman & Robin: Quest for Peace. :v:

I liked how Goten was all "I'll will fight for you dad!!!". Goku please train him, he is everything that Gohan wasn't, he actually wants to fight.

• Locked thread