Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah just make sure you don't step on the BLUE button. That's the one that really ruins your day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Gologle posted:

I want the DLC that is just a flashback, half as long as the present story mode, of Regis, Cid, Gladio's dad, and Cor going on THEIR roadtrip.

because no one seems to know about it.

http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/en/kingstale/

quote:

Restless before bed young Noctis asks his father, King Regis, to tell a fairy tale full of fantasy and adventure instead of just another generic bedtime story. Regis begins with a peaceful day being disrupted when monsters raid the royal capital, Insomnia. Young Regis, joined by Weskham, starts his adventure from the royal capital. Eventually they are joined by friends Cid and Clarus, where they travel to the plains of Duscae only to discover a mysterious cave where their enemy resides. Throughout the tall tale, King Regis and Noctis interject their own commentary, adding depth and perspective to the story itself.

They so better make this available some other way.

Its not exactly the same but super close.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 25, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

Yeah, they're a problem. Only way to reliably get past them is either Armiger or using Overwhelm just before they're about to detonate.

The best way to get past lightning bombs, (not a spoiler because they appear at night everywhere) is a few ways.

Their spell weakness OR using a special skill that will kill them, OR a few sets of strong physical attacks with a royal arm.

Lightning bombs multiply if they grow large and explode.

Once they multiple one will be charred and a bunch of little ones will still be around, killing the burned looking one will get rid of the others.

I learned this during the last set, I'm like 90% sure this is how they work.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I only did a little exploring into Costlemark, but it seemed like you could run from a lot of those bomb fights.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I only did a little exploring into Costlemark, but it seemed like you could run from a lot of those bomb fights.

When you get down to the block maze section, you're forced to fight then in extremely tight spaces to progress.

Oh and halfway through the block maze you need to fight 3 red giants and the Costlemark midboss.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Wait, Costlemark has a midboss? I must've missed it because I got the correct path on the 2nd try. I guess I'll see it when I go down there for a hunt.

SectumSempra posted:

because no one seems to know about it.

http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/en/kingstale/

They so better make this available some other way.

Its not exactly the same but super close.

Yeah, anyone have this to know how it is? Looked pretty bad from the trailers.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RatHat posted:

^^^ Wait, Costlemark has a midboss? I must've missed it because I got the correct path on the 2nd try. I guess I'll see it when I go down there for a hunt.

He meant Crestholm, and even then it's random. Basically every time you screw up the block maze you get dumped back into the Red Giant chamber with worse enemy layouts. The worst-case scenario is 3 Red Giants and a Nagarini. Better hope Ramuh comes calling.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

He meant Crestholm, and even then it's random. Basically every time you screw up the block maze you get dumped back into the Red Giant chamber with worse enemy layouts. The worst-case scenario is 3 Red Giants and a Nagarini. Better hope Ramuh comes calling.

Better hope your team doesn't glitch out and its only you and gladio fighting them like it did me. (armiger chain to make them reappear :downs:)

(also, blizzard magic, lots of it, but because the naga is less immediately threatening lightning works too{it absorbs lightning})

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Went back to the monster arena to pick up the car colors and was pleasantly surprised to see they added some more monsters there in postgame. Notably I saw a Cactuar and Tonberry(the former is great, latter is awful). I wish they'd make a daemon version, even if it doesn't make any sense lore-wise.

Also I did the grind in the 10k Justice Monsters 5 to get 99 chests and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, though I really don't want to do it ever again.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 25, 2016

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Renoistic posted:

I've said it before, but it's almost criminal how there's no official way of having Iris, Aranea, or Cor join your team in the post game.

Iris the Demonslayer :black101:. I can't tell if that's the best or worst moment of telling me something but never showing it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm just wondering how you kill demons with a stuffed moogle.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

Better hope your team doesn't glitch out and its only you and gladio fighting them like it did me. (armiger chain to make them reappear :downs:)

(also, blizzard magic, lots of it, but because the naga is less immediately threatening lightning works too{it absorbs lightning})

This happened to me. And Ramuh came to my rescue after I beat Naga and one of the giants. Also this dungeon is terrible. I got to the fourth cube and now the camera is fixed on a certain position so I can't see walls and i'm not able to proceed.

Holy poo poo.

edit: Welp. Apparently this stuck camera in this dungeon basically breaks the game. I have to reload my save, which of course is at the beginning of the dungeon because you can't save in a dungeon. I think I'm going to be done with this game for a while.

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 25, 2016

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

Ask Lulu.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Magic in this game is really not fun to use at all.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I remembered that the character designs in FFX were a complete disaster, but I did not remember those belts. WTH?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh. Apparently my family enabled my boy band kink got me the Day 1 version of this game. It's got a Chocobo Crossing beanie and a virtual katana.

There's something the OP hasn't covered, is there.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Magic in this game is really not fun to use at all.

Magic in this game is insanely, absurdly powerful, way more than it's ever been. It's super fun to use.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ROFL Octopus posted:

Magic in this game is insanely, absurdly powerful, way more than it's ever been. It's super fun to use.

"To use" maybe. The steps to get there are pretty annoying.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The Human Crouton posted:

"To use" maybe. The steps to get there are pretty annoying.

I don't really get how it's annoying. :confused: Draw points are everywhere and you're pretty much drowning in materials. If you go for quantity instead of potency, you'll probably see better results, as long as you invested in Potency +30 and both magic power upgrades in the Ascention Grid.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

edit: Welp. Apparently this stuck camera in this dungeon basically breaks the game. I have to reload my save, which of course is at the beginning of the dungeon because you can't save in a dungeon. I think I'm going to be done with this game for a while.

For future reference you can fix the stuck camera by using a consumable on any of your bros out of combat

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ROFL Octopus posted:

I don't really get how it's annoying. :confused: Draw points are everywhere and you're pretty much drowning in materials. If you go for quantity instead of potency, you'll probably see better results, as long as you invested in Potency +30 and both magic power upgrades in the Ascention Grid.

The draw points are often enough, but it's annoying to have to stop and make a potion whenever you come across them because you can only hold so much. I'd probably hate magic even more if I used it more often because I'd be in that menu constantly.

I like the idea, but it's an annoying execution.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Yeah, having to navigate menus a bunch when I wanted to use magic was tedious and totally broke the flow of combat. I pretty much ended up not using it in the second half of the game.

I wish they had done away with the elemancy menu entirely and just let me do something like equip an element + catalyst, and then cast directly from my elemental energy stock. Maybe make higher-end catalysts use more energy in exchange for a bigger spell, or make it so I can feed more energy into it by holding the cast button for longer when casting.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I just realized that on my first playthrough I never sold loot, which is why I was always out of money. Now I actually sell treasure I don't need for elemancy.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

I remembered that the character designs in FFX were a complete disaster, but I did not remember those belts. WTH?

Hey excuse you, lulu is the best person in game

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
According to reddit you can get Ultima Blade as early as chapter 3, should make things a bit easier

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
As expected

http://wccftech.com/ffxv-designer-team-disorganized/

FFXV had development issues, even under Tabata.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Onmi posted:

As expected

http://wccftech.com/ffxv-designer-team-disorganized/

FFXV had development issues, even under Tabata.

quote:

They’re highly disorganized. Our staff (200 suffering souls) had to work on FFXV while the story still had to be finalized. In 2013, the drat story changed every three months or so and the game’s release date had been scheduled for December 2014.

In the world of animation, which is where I come from, the main story is nailed down before hiring the staff in order to avoid this kind of a waste.

lmao

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I don't lament the loss of human Umbra because he's such a fabulous doggo

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got to some puzzle room that i think is going to make me clear a ton of dumb poo poo and i didn't bring enough potions for this. I also accidentally stepped on some red orb and now I'm back on top so you know what gently caress you dungeon I'm going to grind and level up elsewhere.

The same loving thing happened to me and I made the mistake of stepping on the one that warps you outside during the daytime. The dungeon isn't that bad and I enjoyed it but gently caress those warp pads so much :argh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why are they even necessary when there's the option to fast travel out of the dungeon from the map screen?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Baron Corbyn posted:

Why are they even necessary when there's the option to fast travel out of the dungeon from the map screen?

The second one is because the actual dungeon entrance is actually behind the nighttime only blocks, so if you fast exit, you'd have no way to get out of it.

Technically you can't exit the lower parts of Costlemark without dropping down a ledge so if someone wanted to leave manually, they'd have to go out via the warp.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The game really needs a Wait function.

Make it like the Phantom Cigar but the boys play on their smartphones while time speeds up

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I still can't get over the NPC that yells "I COULD EAT A HORSE". Horses don't exist in the FF verse!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I still can't get over the NPC that yells "I COULD EAT A HORSE". Horses don't exist in the FF verse!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Unicorns, deities and summons don't count. :colbert:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Nina posted:

The game really needs a Wait function.

Make it like the Phantom Cigar but the boys play on their smartphones while time speeds up

That's actually a really clever way to handle it. They should hire you.

I discovered I really wasn't into the menace dungeons so I kind of did the high level hunts and put the game down. I'm still pretty high on it but the Menace stuff isn't really best showcase of the game; small cramped and dark rooms with too many enemies that go on forever. I felt like my camera finally just gave up at some point.

I'll definitely give it another go from the beginning when all the DLC/fixes are in and I recommend anyone who is on the fence wait for that too. I enjoyed most of my time with the game but its flaws are definitely really visible throughout.

On the plus side FFXV has probably my favorite battle themes of the entire series.

e: Hellfire might be my favorite track in the entire final fantasy catalog

Levantine fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 25, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Quick poll, which character is creepier:

A, Ardyn Izunia, Kefka-lite with a dorky hat, uncomfortably friendly usurper of the throne, comprised of thousands of daemonic souls and seething black ooze wrapped in a person-shaped skin, or

B, that god damned chef in Old Lestallum

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

Quick poll, which character is creepier:

A, Ardyn Izunia, Kefka-lite with a dorky hat, uncomfortably friendly usurper of the throne, comprised of thousands of daemonic souls and seething black ooze wrapped in a person-shaped skin, or

B, that god damned chef in Old Lestallum

Kenny and I have been waiting for you. :chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Him and Kenny just want to serve you bomb rear end salmon, it's not his fault he sounds like Death forgot to pick him up for the past ten years.

• Locked thread