Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess that the only thing you can always count on right-wing Germans to willingly pay for is concentration camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That just leaves you with a lot of crippled people to take care of, seeing as you didn't fly them somewhere else before pushing them out the door! :v:

BOSS in South Africa used to take political prisoners on scenic helicopter naval tours off the coast. A lot of the guests liked it so much they decided to go for high altitude dive/swims.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

The fact that not a single poster wished a merry Christmas to the others in this thread is ample proof (if any more proof was needed) of the Islamization of Europe and of the Great Replacement and Eurabia.

Smh

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Clearly. We had some humus at dinner yesterday.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Flowers For Algeria posted:

The fact that not a single poster wished a merry Christmas to the others in this thread is ample proof (if any more proof was needed) of the Islamization of Europe and of the Great Replacement and Eurabia.

Smh

Why would anyone wish Merry Christmas to other people in this thread when we mostly hate each other?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Happy Holidays my dudes and dudettes. Do yall do the Holidays instead of Christmas thing too?

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
I don't hate any of you. And Flowers has a point.

Merry christmas and whatever pagan holiday you celebrate, my arguy friends. I hope every single one of you is well and happy.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

blowfish posted:

Would that be cheaper than putting people on a plane, shoving them out the door onto the airfield and taking off?

You're assuming another state would let you land your planes in their airports after you do that the first time.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I think the implication is that you bribe the country in question to house/operate the concentration camps detention facilities, like Australia.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 25, 2016

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Smh

I did it one page back you jerks,now I really hate you all!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Kassad posted:

I think the implication is that you bribe the country in question to house/operate the [s]concentration camps[s] detention facilities, like Australia.

I still have no idea how they get away with it without being hit by sanctions.

Shows how powerless the UN is when it's not politically expedient to punish the country in question. Pretty sure the EU wouldn't let a member state get away with that (but there would be a monumental political poo poo storm over national sovereignty being trampled)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Kassad posted:

I think the implication is that you bribe the country in question to house/operate the [s]concentration camps[s] detention facilities, like Australia.

Yeah, basically. When people talk about sending asylum seekers back home, that doesn't actually mean "back home", it means "anywhere but here". As long as they aren't literally getting dumped in a volcano, nobody will care about whether asylum seekers are actually back in the correct country and whether they'll die (as long as you're not too blatant about it, e.g. tossing them off a cliff).

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Smh

Agreed, I think we should all join in celebration for the birthday of the Prophet Isa.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Private Speech posted:

I still have no idea how they get away with it without being hit by sanctions.

Because the UN has never been about bringing the gavel of justice down on the powerful to protect the weak. The last exception was South Africa and that cost a prime minister his life. (probably)

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

In America we just dump asylum seekers in Mexico regardless of the nation of origin if they have no papers.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

blowfish posted:

Yeah, basically. When people talk about sending asylum seekers back home, that doesn't actually mean "back home", it means "anywhere but here". As long as they aren't literally getting dumped in a volcano, nobody will care about whether asylum seekers are actually back in the correct country and whether they'll die (as long as you're not too blatant about it, e.g. tossing them off a cliff).

It's mindboggling how little attention the 5000 people who drowned in the Mediterranean are getting from the media. I wonder how many people you could drown, without anyone giving a poo poo. 100k p.a.? Maybe even more?

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Squalid posted:

In America we just dump asylum seekers in Mexico regardless of the nation of origin if they have no papers.

Then they promply cross the boder again. They didn't cross half a continent to emigrate to Mexico.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

It's mindboggling how little attention the 5000 people who drowned in the Mediterranean are getting from the media. I wonder how many people you could drown, without anyone giving a poo poo. 100k p.a.? Maybe even more?

Unironic answer: enough that you can't sit on a beach in the Med without being in sight of at least 3 corpses.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Surely some well meaning company can step in for the deportation/somewhere to send people problem?
Sodexo do sterling work in the U.K. running prisons and the lads at G4S place great value on human lives and personal dignity

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Freezer posted:

Then they promply cross the boder again. They didn't cross half a continent to emigrate to Mexico.

Not always true, sometimes they run out of money and die alone in squalid camps before they succeed

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

blowfish posted:

Unironic answer: enough that you can't sit on a beach in the Med without being in sight of at least 3 corpses.
This can of course be solved by putting corpse barriers around popular beaches, so you can push the number way up. Assuming one body per 100 square kilometers as an acceptable average across the Med (some places will of course see higher concentrations), that comes out to 25 thousand concurrent corpses. Given the conditions in the Med, these corpses will last between one and two weeks, giving us a total acceptable-to-tourists yearly death toll of around 850 thousand.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

This can of course be solved by putting corpse barriers around popular beaches, so you can push the number way up. Assuming one body per 100 square kilometers as an acceptable average across the Med (some places will of course see higher concentrations), that comes out to 25 thousand concurrent corpses. Given the conditions in the Med, these corpses will last between one and two weeks, giving us a total acceptable-to-tourists yearly death toll of around 850 thousand.

Given that most ships sink inside of 30km from the Libyan coast, I don't think that tourists seeing the corpses is that much of a concern.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

GaussianCopula posted:

Given that most ships sink inside of 30km from the Libyan coast, I don't think that tourists seeing the corpses is that much of a concern.
You can be forgiven for not knowing this, being German, but oceans have this thing called currents, which can move things from one place to another.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You can be forgiven for not knowing this, being German, but oceans have this thing called currents, which can move things from one place to another.

You might want to look at a current map of the Med, it's very unlikely that corpses will arrive on European coasts.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

GaussianCopula posted:

You might want to look at a current map of the Med, it's very unlikely that corpses will arrive on European coasts.

You're wrong. Again.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine

YF-23 posted:

You're wrong. Again.

A Greek person who doesn't know the Mediterranean currents? Tsssh.

GC is correct. Its the Libyan/Egyptian coasts that will need to install the corpse barriers.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Well this has taken quite a morbid turn.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

YF-23 posted:

You're wrong. Again.

I dunno, those pictures of drowned children are pretty inconvenient to my political beliefs, and that seems like an excellent reason to believe they're fake and/or inaccurate.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

I dunno, those pictures of drowned children are pretty inconvenient to my political beliefs, and that seems like an excellent reason to believe they're fake and/or inaccurate.

That kid might have grown up to be a criminal brown person without a job. Praise Jesus that he is dead and not roaming Europe. Merry Christmas, Europol thread!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

European Politics: "Sea currents and where the corpses will land" debate, jesus guys.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

That kid might have grown up to be a criminal brown person without a job.

Having a job would itself be a crime, that of stealing bread from the mouths of proud $NATIONALITY workers.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
WHEN will the europe meme finally die?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Having a job would itself be a crime, that of stealing bread from the mouths of proud $NATIONALITY workers.

apparently giving them low paying, low skill jobs is a crime too. we are truly hosed whatever we do

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

e: Derp wrong thread.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Collateral Damage posted:

e: Derp wrong thread.

But relevant user name though

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Well this has taken quite a morbid turn.

Judging from the map a generally counterclockwise turn. Around Lampedusa it seems more clockwise, though.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 26, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eurozone-banks-italy-monte-dei-paschi-idUSKBN14F124

quote:

The European Central Bank has told Monte dei Paschi it needs to plug a capital shortfall of 8.8 billion euros ($9.2 billion), higher than a previous 5 billion euro gap estimated by the bank, the lender said on Monday, confirming what sources told Reuters.
Last Friday the Italian government approved a decree to bail out Monte dei Paschi (BMPS.MI) after Italy's No. 3 lender failed to win investor backing for a desperately needed 5 billion euro capital increase.
The bank said on Monday it had officially asked the ECB last Friday for go ahead for a "precautionary recapitalization".
A precautionary recapitalization is a type of state intervention in a struggling bank that is still solvent. It means only a modest bail-in of investors though the government can buy shares or bonds only on market terms endorsed by EU state aid officials in Brussels.
RIP MPS bondholders.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Fuckin' hell. RIP Monte Paschi, RIP bondholders, and rip Italian people's confidence in banks (if it wasn't dead already).

The next few days will be fun to witness from an economical and political standpoint. (For a given value of "fun".)

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
So, what are the chances that this will spread to other Italian/EU banks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

throw to first drat IT posted:

So, what are the chances that this will spread to other Italian/EU banks?

Pretty low, I'd say, they are giving this bank money, so it will pay its obligations to other banks.

To my mind itīs the moment when some TBTF bank fails, or when a rescue becomes really politically unfeasible, that the collapse will come.