Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Hogama posted:

Here's the list of the next set of MC3s we should be getting with the Lightning OSB/Adult Hope Wardrobe event (so right after the XIV event), if you wanted to possibly hang on to some for a bit, despite the EXP of Orbfest.

Wol- ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a light armor
Minwu- White Magic abilities restore 30% more HP
Arc- MAG and MND +13% when equipping a robe
Edge- Ninja abilities deal 40% more damage
Gilgamesh- Grants Protect, Shell and Haste at the beginning of the battle
Edgar- +30% Poison element damage
Sephiroth- +30% physical damage when equipping a katana
Selphie- MND +25% when equipping a rod
Kuja- Causes Doom(60 count) at the beginning of the battle
Jecht- ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a fist weapon
(Ayame- 24% chance to turn Attack into Hailstorm)
Penelo- White Magic abilities deal 30% more damage
Serah- MAG +15%, DEF -10%
Papalymo- MAG and RES +13% when equipping a rod
Mustadio- Attack has a 20% chance of inflicting Petrify

Edgar's boost works for his OSB right? Would that be a straight up boost to the total or...?

Cuz if so wow :chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

new kind of cat posted:

Edgar's boost works for his OSB right? Would that be a straight up boost to the total or...?

Cuz if so wow :chanpop:

Yes. But so would a +30% weapon damage RM, and those would also work on every single ability he used and also boost the non-elemental damage his OSB yields in the case of Bio-resistant enemies.

Don't go for +elemental or +weakness RMs, they're traps.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zurai posted:

Yes. But so would a +30% weapon damage RM, and those would also work on every single ability he used and also boost the non-elemental damage his OSB yields in the case of Bio-resistant enemies.

I'm reminded of Butz's MC4. Doing much more Wind Damage, psht.

Also Lightning's MC4.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
They can be useful in teams where the better stat buffing rm's are taken. Also, would the +30% poison with quistis' bsb be "close" enough to devotion that I could consider putting devotion on another mage? Cause my mage synergy in ffviii is bonkers and I'd like to spread the damage around.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

What summons should I be honing for Valigarmanda? At this point I have all the 3-stars and Alexander at R5, plus Syldra/Leviathan/Maduin at R4. Given that we've got slightly less than a day for the orbfest phase with summon orbs, I didn't wan't to run out of resources later due to lack of preparation.

Edit: I also have Garnet's BSB and her lightning-boosting dagger, which will definitely see some use in the fight.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 25, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

They can be useful in teams where the better stat buffing rm's are taken. Also, would the +30% poison with quistis' bsb be "close" enough to devotion that I could consider putting devotion on another mage? Cause my mage synergy in ffviii is bonkers and I'd like to spread the damage around.

If you're just Wrathing or using Chain Bioga until her BSB is available, and the enemy isn't resistant to bio, then yeah the +30% Bio damage RM is good for her. And it would also be better than a +10% MAG RM. Worse than Devotion, though (~+35% damage under cap).

NGDBSS posted:

What summons should I be honing for Valigarmanda? At this point I have all the 3-stars and Alexander at R5, plus Syldra/Leviathan/Maduin at R4. Given that we've got slightly less than a day for the orbfest phase with summon orbs, I didn't wan't to run out of resources later due to lack of preparation.

You need Leviathan for medal conditions if you can't beat the fight without losing an action/damage/KO medal, but otherwise anything other than fire/ice/thunder is preferred. The mechanics of the fight make using those elements against Vali itself kind of a crapshoot.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The U++ was actually kind of difficult for me. I probably didn't use an optimal party though. Beat it my second try. My party was:

Exdeath - Protectga, Waterja R4, Sorceress' Vow
Krile - Chain Thundaga R2, Meltdown, Mako Might (Sheepsong)
Rinoa - Chain Firaga R2, Chain Blizzaga R3, Air of Enchantment (Sorceress' Awakening)
Selphie - Shellga, Curaja, Dr. Mog's Teachings (Dreamstage)
Faris - Heathen Frolic Sarabande, Box Step Sarabande, Lady of Ivalice (Beryl Serpent)

RW - SG

Just off the top of my head, since Beryl Serpent has a Full Breakdown effect, I really didn't need the -DEF dance, since that would've fulfilled the medal requirement, and I could've put something more useful on Faris. I know Lady of Ivalice seems like a really drat weird choice for a RM, and I admit it is. There were two thoughts going on in my head. One was that with Sheepsong and stacking Faris for MAG, it would do decent damage. This turned out to be false, as it only did 150 damage. Yeah, only 3 digits worth. I'm not sure how damage is calculated for it, since it seems like with high magic it should be doing a lot more. Regardless, it allowed Faris to fill her SB gauge with regular attacks without eating a dispelga counter, that was the second reason for it, since I didn't want to waste dances, or have her standing around doing nothing.

Other than that the big problem was hones. Due to Exdeath having to bring Protectga, he had nothing to do after he used up his Waterja casts. Meltdown was fantastic for hitting the first Exdeath's weakness for medal conditions without eating a dispelga counter, but only 2 uses meant Krile had to rely on just 4 casts of Chain Thundaga and those went quick too. And Faris of course was contributing practically nothing damage-wise until she filled her gauge enough for her BSB, but even then that was just one turn, and I couldn't use her burst commands without fear of the counter.

However Dreamstage's magic blink kept the party mostly safe, and once the final form showed up Rinoa was able to use her BSB and tear through the final form quickly. The first failed run was because Rinoa went down due to Selphie not being quite fast enough with the healing, and once she went down there was no hope of success with the rest of the party not having anything useful for damage.

So yeah. I know I screwed up with Faris there, and low hones, but a win is a win.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Isn't Lady of Ivalice non-elemental White damage and based on MND? Haven't gotten around to getting it yet since I have Selphie's.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

pichupal posted:

Isn't Lady of Ivalice non-elemental White damage and based on MND? Haven't gotten around to getting it yet since I have Selphie's.

Yeah, Lady of Ivalice is based on MND. Black Mage's Awakening (Vivi's RM3) uses MAG for damage.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
...dammit, yep. Lady of Ivalice is based on MND, not MAG. It said "non-elemental" so even though it specifies white magic, I just thought it used MAG because I'm an idiot.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
Crap, need help!

I just got a crap ton of Mythril from the Christmas bonus.

Should I save everything for the rest of the Orbfest or...

Should I do one of the Dr. Mog drops

For volume one I have 4 more draws, for volume two I have three.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Munoma posted:

Crap, need help!

All of the freebies on Keeper's Choice 1 are grossly outdated, plus the pulls are suboptimal, plus it's not G5. Don't pull on KC1 unless you really, really need a FF7 or FF2 hastega.

Honestly, you'd be better off saving for OSBfest or FFXIV (or any of the good banners after Alphinaud's) instead of pulling on Keeper's Choice 2. If you want Shout or Wall, pull on OSBfest 1.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Munoma posted:

Crap, need help!

Hold onto it for Orbfest starting Monday. You'll get a shot at relics that include Wall, if that's what you are pulling on Dr. Mog Banners for.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Munoma posted:

Crap, need help!

Pull on FF5 or the OSBfest banners. Do NOT pull on the Dr. Mog banners unless you are REALLY wanting those older relics. Specially since Keeper Select v1 is NOT a G5 banner. V2 IS, and has Trinity on it. But as of right now, wait for OSBfest at the very least. See what the banners have and pull on what you REALLY want. personally I'll be trying Banner 1 since it has Terra OSB and I have her EnFire.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
Thank you all so much.

I'm going to pull on the Overstrike five. Wish me luck!

*edit*

I'm only disappointed because I usually get at least two five-tiers minimum.

Thanks again everyone.

Munoma fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 25, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Beasteh posted:

It's a white mage BSB, therefore good by default. An AoE heal that you can cast every turn saves a lot of hones and keeps your party healthy.

Prav posted:

it's got the spammable party h25, which is the important part

Got it thanks, saw the 'small amount of hp to entire party' and thought Tiny Bees size not Cure sized.

Guess this means I can field a full BSB party of Butz, Fang, Wakka, Rinoa and Lenna and just murder the poo poo out of wind weak bosses.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The game really thinks I like Exdeath, because I drew a dupe of Moore Branch and then got 2 SSB's.

On the upside, I got Lenna's Burst reraise :toot:

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

1st AD posted:

The game really thinks I like Exdeath, because I drew a dupe of Moore Branch and then got 2 SSB's.

On the upside, I got Lenna's Burst reraise :toot:

Celes, Hope, Vanille. Can't stand them.

I sort of like Exdeath but honestly I think Golbez is a much more interesting character.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hogama posted:

Here's the list of the next set of MC3s we should be getting with the Lightning OSB/Adult Hope Wardrobe event (so right after the XIV event), if you wanted to possibly hang on to some for a bit, despite the EXP of Orbfest.

Wol- ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a light armor
Minwu- White Magic abilities restore 30% more HP
Arc- MAG and MND +13% when equipping a robe
Edge- Ninja abilities deal 40% more damage
Gilgamesh- Grants Protect, Shell and Haste at the beginning of the battle
Edgar- +30% Poison element damage
Sephiroth- +30% physical damage when equipping a katana
Selphie- MND +25% when equipping a rod
Kuja- Causes Doom(60 count) at the beginning of the battle
Jecht- ATK and DEF +13% when equipping a fist weapon
(Ayame- 24% chance to turn Attack into Hailstorm)
Penelo- White Magic abilities deal 30% more damage
Serah- MAG +15%, DEF -10%
Papalymo- MAG and RES +13% when equipping a rod
Mustadio- Attack has a 20% chance of inflicting Petrify

When are we getting Locke's MC3???????

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

fridge corn posted:

When are we getting Locke's MC3???????
It's in the next set after these, in the event that introduces IV's Cid Pollendina, so about a month after.
(His is +35% Celerity ability damage; Faris gets a +40% Support ability damage in the same set)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Okay I've spent about 300+ stamina since 8pm last night and I haven't seen a single set of golden knights. This is just me being unlucky right? Other people have seen them since the update?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Munoma posted:

I sort of like Exdeath but honestly I think Golbez is a much more interesting character.
is Golbez a tree, though?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Okay I've spent about 300+ stamina since 8pm last night and I haven't seen a single set of golden knights. This is just me being unlucky right? Other people have seen them since the update?

No. At the rate they are showing up for me there's no way I'll get half of the roulette items even spending every stamina I get on this.

Also, in happier news, Merry Christmas, FFRK goons!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Here's a link to the homepage music if anyone thinks it is as nice as I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKBe033lZU

Merry Christmas!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's just you, I had five or six this morning

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Munoma posted:

Golbez is a more interesting and complex character, but Exdeath goes full ham whenever he appears, which is why I like him more

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

No. At the rate they are showing up for me there's no way I'll get half of the roulette items even spending every stamina I get on this.

Also, in happier news, Merry Christmas, FFRK goons!

Merry Christmas and it is not just you. I haven't seen a Knight in my last eight 60 Stamina runs.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Zurai posted:

Ahh didn't consider that. So all being said, what would be the best RM for getting the most mileage out of Edgar and his OSB? Is Armageddon Blast considered a machinist skill?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I got 7000 chips somehow this morning.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I've had garbage luck with the knights to the point that I'm wondering if I'll really get enough chips to get the prizes. Oh well, I've already gotten the MC3 lode at least!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

We're not even a quarter of the way through the event yet, start worrying when it's later on.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

new kind of cat posted:

Ahh didn't consider that. So all being said, what would be the best RM for getting the most mileage out of Edgar and his OSB? Is Armageddon Blast considered a machinist skill?

No SBs have a school (Machinist, Thief, etc). The best to maximize Edgar is a 30% weapon damage RM. I forget whether he can use swords or not; Cloud has the +30% Sword damage one if he can.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Zurai posted:

No SBs have a school (Machinist, Thief, etc). The best to maximize Edgar is a 30% weapon damage RM. I forget whether he can use swords or not; Cloud has the +30% Sword damage one if he can.

He can.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Edgar gets swords, spears and guns. Pretty versatile for a Knight, honestly.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Why is the gift 28 mythril? Not complaining, just seems like a weird number for them to choose.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got Krile's Fire Lash today. :woop:

Does Sheepsong stack with Maria's Song?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mill Village posted:

I got Krile's Fire Lash today. :woop:

Does Sheepsong stack with Maria's Song?

Yup.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

bilperkins2 posted:

Why is the gift 28 mythril? Not complaining, just seems like a weird number for them to choose.

10 + 18 bonus from the gift rush minigame I believe.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Geocities Homepage King posted:

10 + 18 bonus from the gift rush minigame I believe.

Oh, they usually split those out, that's why it was confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've gotten... 25-30k chips? Got both gold's and the conductor's tux already, well on track to getting everything.

Anything special about the tux?

• Locked thread