Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MiddleOne posted:

Literally the end of Duel Monsters.

Well, Atem went to the Afterlife, but Yugi lives, so I kind of don't count that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That's technically what happens in ZeXal too.

Gx Dub's finale is also the protagonist dying. And then there's the theory that Yusei died back in the Dark Signers arc and everything else was his comatose brain slowly dying.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I hope first up against YuyaZarc is Gong and Sawatari for one last job. :allears:

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 23, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

And then there's the theory that Yusei died back in the Dark Signers arc and everything else was his comatose brain slowly dying.

Coma theories are the loving worst.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

Coma theories are the loving worst.

Yes. BUT. I kinda like it for 5D's because of a single lynchpin: in season 3 Martha is essentially replaced by some random thin old lady nun. She serves the same purpose of being basically a mother to the three boys... except while Martha teased Yusei all the time and spoiled Jack, this new nun was mean to Jack and spoils Yusei all the time. Thus this "coma dream" is him replacing people for what he wants.
Then there's stuff like how characters act more like Yusei saw them, with Crow and Jack being silly and a brute, Aki having no real characteristics because he only interacted with her less than a handful of times. The story shifting from magic cults to mechanical momentum robots from the future since he was into science and bikes.

It's not a solid theory, but it's really good for irony sake and it's funny.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

If it's true, then Yusei's subconscious is really really gay.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Kay Kessler posted:

If it's true, then Yusei's subconscious is really really gay.

Why else would he be part of Team Satisfaction

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy Crap, Anime's Zarc effect

quote:

Pendulum Effect
You can Tribute 1 "Supreme King" monster; Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Monster Effect
Dragon/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum/Effect
Rank is treated as it's level
Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Astrograph Sorcerer" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy as many monsters your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, inflict damage to their controllers equal to the total ATK those destroyed monsters had on the field. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. While there is a Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monster in the Graveyard or banished, this card cannot be destroyed, also it is unaffected by effects that would make this card leave the field. Monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon 2 "Supreme king Servant Dragon" from your Extra Deck in Defense Position. If your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand (except during the Draw Phase): You can destroy that card(s).

:stare:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha how is that pendulum effect ever getting used.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's a counter to Yuya's ultimate card.

Performapal Odd-Eyes Kaijuraffe.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh and the fucker is Pendulum, XYZ, Synchro, Fusion and effect all at once

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Oh that is :catdrugs: as all hell. I love it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

A napolitan icecream thats half mint chip, nice.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Now all it needs is a little sliver of blue for ritual summoning and we would be sorted.

Right up until the new meta makes it worthless.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That's so much cooler than the real one, it makes me really disappointed Konami hosed the real life version up so hard.

It's nearly unplayable and even if you do get to play it you get Kaiju'd so all that effort was worthless, plus it's only Fusion Pendulum instead of everything ever. So lame. I'm glad the anime did a much better job.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If I was in any way involved with the card game, I'd quit and get a job at vanguard the second some shithead tried to push a monster that was all the monster types at once.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's so much cooler than the real one, it makes me really disappointed Konami hosed the real life version up so hard.

How is this in any way surprising. Konami loves to make boss cards in the anime the most overpowered poo poo ever, then when they decide to release them in real life they go "gently caress, we can't print this, literally everyone will stop playing" so they nerf the ever-loving poo poo out of it. Hell, it's so bad that I recall a lot of people being surprised that Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon actually received a buff when it came to real life (in the anime it only deals double battle damage against Level 5 or higher monsters, but irl it works against all monsters).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's nearly unplayable and even if you do get to play it you get Kaiju'd so all that effort was worthless, plus it's only Fusion Pendulum instead of everything ever. So lame. I'm glad the anime did a much better job.

Wha?

IRL Zarc is *extremely* playable with the new Magician structure deck.

And it's not not fair to say it can be Kaiju'd because EVERYTHING can be Kaiju'd.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Except Fog King

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Does mask of restrict see anti meta play?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Depending on the format, it does. Right now, not so much.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

When Monarchs were ruling the meta earlier this year, it was basically a staple.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im almost sad that the zarcstomp is going to be ended by yuzu.
Because why shouldnt it end by the hands of Jack Atlas and the man, Gongenzaka

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's gonna be ended by Declan, because he's got one loss and it's a forfeit on a match he'd basically have won.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

After that Ray will probably turn out to be evil, and eventually Yuya will get the final duel.

Really nice of Zarc to not be killing anybody tho, and he didn't mesh dimensions together. He's just playing card games with his split parts' buddies without harming anyone. Glad he's not supposed to be a threat.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R3iY8eQSns See if you notice any subtext in this preview clip of DsoD. :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Take it with a grain of salt but supposedly a new interview with Arc-V's director has him saying that everything is building up to the finale and someone who couldn't possibly appear will show up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh, so we're finally getting our Aichi cameo.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Arc-V. The V stands for Vector.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Someone who couldn't possibly appear...?

Of course! It all makes sense now!

Bandit Keith!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Its from an otomedia interview, also saying that the zarc duel ends in 140

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Jack Atlas!!! :swoon:

Eh, I know he'll be down by the end of the next episode but I'll take it.

As for mystery villains we basically only have eye-gimmick kid (who still hasn't done anything notable all series except be mysterious and win duels) and Ray left.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Really nice of Zarc to not be killing anybody tho, and he didn't mesh dimensions together. He's just playing card games with his split parts' buddies without harming anyone. Glad he's not supposed to be a threat.

People keep rudely interrupting him finishing the duel, Zarc is too good a sport to card someone mid-duel. Dude just wants to have fun and play card games. :colbert:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 10, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its gonna be the shivers kid isnt it

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Its gonna be the dude who throws bamboo

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Hopefully the only person to get badly injured / killed sent to the Shadow Realm will be that karate asshat who kept kicking people because that's his style.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Its gonna be the shivers kid isnt it

I want him to swoop in and down Zarc in one turn with his 'paper mario.dek', all I'm dreaming of Konami

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MiddleOne posted:

I want him to swoop in and down Zarc in one turn with his 'paper mario.dek', all I'm dreaming of Konami

Im loving all the asspulls tho
Infinitely floating, countering, during either players turn and many times during, anti everything bullshit monsters.
Its obvious hes gonna go down but will it be by a thousand cuts and a 100 atk monster battling for game or some elaborate solitaire.

[E]: its going to be Yuma with Lightning

[EE]: Yuseis date finally ended

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 10, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Im loving all the asspulls tho
Infinitely floating, countering, during either players turn and many times during, anti everything bullshit monsters.
Its obvious hes gonna go down but will it be by a thousand cuts and a 100 atk monster battling for game or some elaborate solitaire.

Zarc basically has answers to everything from the extra-deck. That's we're going fusion -> XYZ -> synchro is indicating pretty clearly how this is ending.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MiddleOne posted:

Zarc basically has answers to everything from the extra-deck. That's we're going fusion -> XYZ -> synchro is indicating pretty clearly how this is ending.

With a ritual summon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

free basket of chips posted:

With a ritual summon?