Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sion posted:

MH 2016
1.0 - Chapter 10 of the story, including new bosses like Skrull Elektra and General Klit. Included Skrull enemies, and a full mission chain at level 60. Hightown as a patrol zone.
1.0 - Black Cat release.
1.0 - Deadpool's New 52
1.0 - Agent Venom.
1.0 - Visual Updates to Black Widow classic. Captain America Classic and original. Jean Grey Dark Phoenix, Phoenix, White Phoenix, 90s X-men costume.
1.0 - Leaderboards added.
1.0 - Controller support.
1.0 - Crafting rework.

1.2- Valentine's Event. Dunno if this is new?

1.3 - Added 'craft again' option.

1.4 - Green Goblin release.
1.4 - Omega System update (7.5 k to 10 k)
1.4 - Cosmic Hightown

1.6 - Daredevil Event.
1.6 - Saint Patrick's Day.
1.6 - Midtown boss leaderboard added.
1.6 - Daredevil redesign.

1.8 - Elektra release.
1.8 - Danger room tournament (Subway)

1.9 - The Wealth of King's County.
1.9 - Emma Frost design update.

1.10 - Rescue team-up release.

1.11 - Enemy rebalance.

1.12 -Civil War part 1. Crossbones added to patrol modes. Madripoor Bazaar event.
1.12 - REvamped Prologue and Chapter 1.

1.13 - Civil War part 2. Includes Airfield showdown, civil war tournament, pro-skub/anti-skub issues.

1.14 - Civil War part 3. New daily missions in a tournament to see if it's pro-reg or anti-reg that's better. Or something. Civil war tournament continues.

1.15 - 3 year birthday. Birthday cake, vendor rewards,.
1.15 - New Skrull Invasion terminal.

1.16 - Updated Raft section of game.
1.16 - Added anniversary tournament.
1.16 - Droom tournament.

1.17 - Times Square Terminal added.
1.17 - Travel powers updated.

1.18 - Ultron release.

1.20 - Miles Morales teamup.

1.21 - Dynamic combat scaling.
1.21 - Blessing revamp.
1.21 - Global tuning changes.
1.21 - New Avengers Tower.
1.21a - Chat Ban.

1.22 - Ms. Marvel team up added.

1.24 - Angela released.
1.24 - Chapter 1 update.
1.24 - End of Summer event.

1.27 - Marvel's Agents of shield. A bad event for a bad show.
1.27 - Ghost Rider team up
1.27 - Quack team up.

1.28 - Heroes for Hire event.
1.28 - Jessica Jones team up

1.31 - Dark Dimension thing.

1.32 - Ongoing Dark Dimension poo poo.
1.32 - New Terminal: Dimensions Collide.
1.32 - Dr Weirdman teamup
1.32 - Mordo team up

1.34 - Visual updates on Dorkeye, Deadpool

Ravishing...thanks for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ravishing...thanks for this.

it looks like this year has been more about the idea of making one shot content items rather than repeatable things. Like there's a lot of events tied to certain things that are likely to not get repeated again, although the mechanics can certainly be used again.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Sion posted:

it looks like this year has been more about the idea of making one shot content items rather than repeatable things. Like there's a lot of events tied to certain things that are likely to not get repeated again, although the mechanics can certainly be used again.
Imagine a Team-Up going into a one-shot forever.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

There is a good chance anything that they put out at this point will just be used for a little bit then never again.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The only sense I can make of their releases for 2016 is that all their gameplay designers and engineers have been hosed by the big update since Summer at least, and the only people left to work on anything are some level builders who can snap together low effort movie tie-in terminals using mostly existing assets, and character artists making teamups that require barely any design.

One would hope that after this hill is crested that will free up bandwidth for actual new content, but who knows at this point.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 24, 2016

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Strangest change on TC yet: a new model for…Moondragon.

Upcoming team-up, I'm guessing?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

holiday mystery box for logging in today--random hero or costume included

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Can Doomsaw log in for me, I'm away from home

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mover posted:

holiday mystery box for logging in today--random hero or costume included
Got a Colossus token, MH2016 continues to be MH2016.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Is all the movement stuff still hosed? Every time I think about playing I get sad about silver surfer

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It's still changing overall but most movement heroes got some concessions at least. So SS regains a charge on his dash whenever you use one of his movement cooldowns including his teleport thing, for example.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Uh, Juggernaut can perma sig right now too, and it's been that way through several iteration cycles. It's unclear if they wanna leave it or make it so so you can actually run out of momentum but that'll be v mobile no matter what, it seems

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mover posted:

It's still changing overall but most movement heroes got some concessions at least. So SS regains a charge on his dash whenever you use one of his movement cooldowns including his teleport thing, for example.
:rip: Nova though, for the time being at least. No way of regaining dash charges more quickly and Cosmic Combo doesn't snap back to the target after dashing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MMAgCh posted:

How many threads are there pointing out that they hosed up the costume?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MMAgCh posted:

:rip: Nova though, for the time being at least. No way of regaining dash charges more quickly and Cosmic Combo doesn't snap back to the target after dashing.
:rip: Nova, Green Goblin (hope you like your glider getting good highway but lovely city mileage), Doctor Doom, Cable, Deadpool, and still really anybody that preferred the dash button to RP walking through all that new content they won't be making.

But hey they're iterating on Cyclops so that's cool I guess

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

No niples 0/10.

Did they make Venom not a hot dumpster fire with the remodel/revamp/whatever the hell they're doing?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry he is bad in all games. Vernon sucks here, sucks in Future Fight, sucks in the movies. Sucks everywhere sadly.

Same applies to Hyulk.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mikemo Tyson posted:

No niples 0/10.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Same applies to Hyulk.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Literally the only reason why I still come to SA. The nipple comment.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Did they really need to put a giant boob window? Really?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Those grey parts on her pants are supposed to be thigh holes as well.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Asros posted:

It only means we are doing VU's for not only heroes, but NPC's and bosses.
Time well spent!

Hobold posted:

Did they really need to put a giant boob window? Really?
It looks to be a bit bigger than the source costume's, but it's pretty silly no matter what.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the character artist's time could be used on other things such as...

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

... making new costumes to sell.
... iterating on Beast's fur.
... cleaning out Ryolnir's nest.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Merry Christmas goons

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Todays log in gift is an insane amount of free stuff, you want ult upgrade tokens you em, cakes and aniversary boxes, fortune cards, boosts, dupe punisher omega whatsit costumes, stash tabs you can't actually use more than one of at best, lots of stuff

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Other posted:

Todays log in gift is an insane amount of free stuff, you want ult upgrade tokens you em, cakes and aniversary boxes, fortune cards, boosts, dupe punisher omega whatsit costumes, stash tabs you can't actually use more than one of at best, lots of stuff

Including Boons. We know what to do.

He's not kidding about the level of free stuff, either. Three ult upgrades and boxes containing more ult upgrades, at least two 1st Anniversary cakes, a dozen 1st Anniversary login boxes, a Doomsaw and Stone of Jordan, boxes with five level 20 uniques for the opening hero, two of each fortune card 1-6, four Sentinel Heads, half a dozen Cosmic medallions - may be random, but I got Malekith - 2 each of Bounty Hunter, Odin and Cosmic Penta boosts. And that's not even all of it. You also get the best gift of all, which is trying to pick up Holiday Trees with a full inventory.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Jedit posted:

Stone of Jordan

Sold.

Lol it still has the white void lazy loading screen from like 4 months ago.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

They either need to make Psylocke yell "Randy Marsh!" or get her a voice rework.

Highest priority.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Hah, one of the fortune cards had another ult token in it so I got 7. Sorting through all the other trash was the longest I'd stayed logged-in for a long time.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Merry Christmas goon friends

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Used the login giftstravaganza to bring Squirrel Girl's ult up to 20 - truly the greatest of Christmas gifts.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Got 7? ult upgrade tokens, venom & ultron unlocks, couple costumes and a bunch of other random garbage. I almost left avengers tower for a second and then came to my senses and logged back out.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

What a lazy event. Just throw some crap we gave out before in there and call it a day.

I'm going to save my two extra Stash Tab 16s forever.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
You know in some culture they give food to the dead, which I never get. There are living people and animals who are starving.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

So I just found out that if you went on the PTR to check out the new stuff, bound a key to travel power, and then came back to live, that same key now still works for travel powers.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Degs posted:

They either need to make Psylocke yell "Randy Marsh!" or get her a voice rework.

Highest priority.
I once managed to get more agrees on a "Psylocke needs a new VO" post than a "Venom needs a new VO" post did in the same thread. Given the fanatical, bordering on pathological, obsession a lot of people there have with MH Venom's lack of ~canonicity~, that says a lot.

Grinning Goblin posted:

So I just found out that if you went on the PTR to check out the new stuff, bound a key to travel power, and then came back to live, that same key now still works for travel powers.
Yeah, the two versions of the game kinda seem to share configs, or something? Going on TC always results in my medkit hotkey getting unbound on Live. :iiam:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Hauki posted:

Got 7? ult upgrade tokens, venom & ultron unlocks, couple costumes and a bunch of other random garbage. I almost left avengers tower for a second and then came to my senses and logged back out.

You got more than I did. Just the Punisher costume x2 and 6 ult tokens were the limelight from my haul. Very eh for the amount of sorting needed.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I logged in for the first time in months and spent 30 minutes trying to make room for all this login crap. The true MH experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Midnightghoul posted:

I logged in for the first time in months and spent 30 minutes trying to make room for all this login crap. The true MH experience

:same:

• Locked thread